Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49124 01/15/08 06:35 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
What can I say, I'm tired of writing FDK: Honesty. goofy

Aah, sick superheroes and the women who love them. I so enjoy reading the personal interactions in your story. It's far more interesting to me than the exposition stuff, and you write it so well.

Another great part Beth. Now that things are out in the open does it mean we're coming to the end soon? I hope not!

Glad they're working it out. Looking forward to next week. thumbsup

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#49125 01/15/08 06:44 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
More, please... I can never get enough of this!

I think you did an incredible job at making the story seem so timeless. I only notice that when Jon said that he was born in 1998, or when Kaylie said that her childhood hero was Kim Possible. But the story feels so timeless. I mean I’m like ten years older than him. I’m old enough to baby-sit both of them, lol.

Her reaction to when Lois picked the phone was funny. I’d probably had done the same thing. And I loved when Kaylie said this:

The things I’ve been doing are so sensitive that they can’t be placed on a computer system where any geek with a tech degree can access them.

#49126 01/15/08 06:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice job! I really liked this section. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#49127 01/15/08 09:27 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Lois Lane,” a voice greeted cheerfully over the phone.

Instantly, I exited Emergency Mode and entered Panic Mode.
hyper

I don’t take kindly to have drugged boyfriends turning up on my doorstep without explanation, okay?
notworthy

Maybe I'm dialog hyped from some recent rereads, but pt 13 is just - wow.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#49128 01/15/08 10:17 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Kryptonite? Inhaled a burning marijuanah field? Concerned readers want to know...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#49129 01/15/08 11:23 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I'm wondering if Jon's half-human genes make it possible to get drunk!

I lovedK's reaction to Lois answering the phone. It was funny and just so spot on.

And of course I love Jon's confession.

Looking forward to what's coming next. I hope it's not ending too soon!

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#49130 01/15/08 11:33 AM
Kerth
Kerth
This part was so great, I could literally hear the fireworks go off. Great job!

Best of all, of course, was Kaylie's reaction to having Lois Lane on the phone. Priceless!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#49131 01/15/08 11:36 AM
Columnist
Columnist
gr8shades, when I first read this:

What can I say, I'm tired of writing FDK: Honesty.
for some reason I thought you meant you were tired of writing feedback for this story, and I got this very sad feeling inside. goofy Good for you for mixing it up a bit! And thanks for giving me the ego boost!

Now that things are out in the open does it mean we're coming to the end soon? I hope not!
As it stands right now, this story will be 18 parts long. I still have to run a couple parts through my BR, so that number may grow or shrink slightly, but that's what it looks like it's going to be.

dedecasale:

I think you did an incredible job at making the story seem so timeless. I only notice that when Jon said that he was born in 1998, or when Kaylie said that her childhood hero was Kim Possible. But the story feels so timeless.
Thank you. Whenever I read stories set in the future, I find that if the author has added in a bunch of futuristic technology it is more often than not a distraction rather than added authenticity. In this story, I have carefully avoided specific remarks to technology, as I'm aware it will be very different 15+ years from now. It's difficult though because technology is such a part of our lives even now, and I'm sure that role will only increase over time. But I've tried to be as abstract as possible when talking about technology so I'm glad to hear you have no problems connecting to the story even though it is set in a different time period

Nice job! I really liked this section.
Thanks Laura!

The way you mixed Jon's (we finally get to call him Jon) K-issues with humor.

Maybe I'm dialog hyped from some recent rereads, but pt 13 is just - wow.
Wow, thanks Michael! But I have to tell you that I'm having a hard time fitting through doorways because my head has swollen so big. wink

Kryptonite? Inhaled a burning marijuanah field?
Okay, these comments should come with a warning so I don't burst out into laughter in the middle of the library. Have you ever seen birds get drunk off fermented berries? They fly all loopy and run into things. Seriously, it does happen! Okay, imagine that, but a person instead and flying over a field...

The explanation doesn't have to do with pot, or fermented berries. Part 14 will explain all.

#49132 01/15/08 11:44 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I think it just goes to show how slow I am at writing posts when there's been two more posts from the time I started writing to the time I posted.

On the plus side, I'm now over 100 for my post count! party

I lovedK's reaction to Lois answering the phone. It was funny and just so spot on.
Best of all, of course, was Kaylie's reaction to having Lois Lane on the phone. Priceless!
I'm glad you guys like that part Lisa and Lara, and I'm glad you're still enjoying the story.

#49133 01/15/08 02:53 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I liked this section as well, especially the interaction with Lois - both on the phone and after she arrived at her apartment. Loopy!Jon was just adorable, but ... ACK! What's with the A-plot here? Hurry back with more b-plot chapters. That's good stuff.

BJ

#49134 01/15/08 06:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent part! I'll probably re-read it later when I need my next break. And revelations everywhere! I had to drop my jaw when Kaylie found out about her interviewer hehe. That was a great revelation. And of course I love Lois being able to talk to Kaylie about things. Curious minds are speculating on Jon's sickness...I'll toss my hat into the Red K ring...hmmm! Can't wait for the next part!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#49135 01/15/08 11:42 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Curious minds are speculating on Jon's sickness...I'll toss my hat into the Red K ring...hmmm! Can't wait for the next part.
Red Kryptonite doesn't make Kryptonians sick... I think it might be some kind of Kryptonian drink or something. Or even maybe a drink named Kyller made with both of the kriptonites, red and green.

#49136 01/16/08 09:58 AM
Columnist
Columnist
BJ, you might be sad to hear that I enjoy a good A plot as much as a good B plot. I also think an A plot is good for pushing the B plot forward. For example, if Jon and Kaylie hadn't met up in that club, then the whole revelation thing wouldn't have been as exciting. It was also these events that pushed Jon into telling Kaylie everything about him. We've just passed what I would say is the B plot climax, so now we're heading toward the A plot climax. Although there will be a bit more A plot in the next few parts, there's still lots of B plot mixed in so hopefully that will keep you interested.

JD:
Curious minds are speculating on Jon's sickness...I'll toss my hat into the Red K ring...hmmm!
Hmmm indeed! I'm going to tape my mouth shut now so I don't start dropping all sorts of obvious hints about the next part...

#49137 01/16/08 10:04 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, Kryptonite to the rescue! goofy

So much I liked here, but I haven't time to cover it all. I did love the bit where she tried to joke about one of her aliases being wanted for felonies. Yeah, that might sound more light-hearted in your head, Kaylie. Jon took it well, though.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#49138 01/17/08 08:24 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I loved this part! I am still reading and enjoying and leaving rather bad feedback laugh

- Alisha (who wishes she had the time to leave better fdk)

#49139 01/17/08 10:56 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks PJ and Alisha for leaving feedback! Alisha, I hope the reason why you're not leaving detailed fdk is because you've been busy working on Specimen wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard