Next Thread
Print Thread
#6126 09/09/03 10:50 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Wow! Great piece. drool

Love Martha,Jonathan and Clark conversation.

More soon, please. ASAP blush

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Roger,

This part was very well done. I enjoyed it from start to finish, but there were a few lines that particularly stand out:

Briefly, he fantasized that Lois cared enough to come looking for him. She would show up one day in his apartment and declare her love for him. They would then live happily ever after. Sigh. The chances of that happening were as likely as Ralph winning the Pulitzer Prize. But a guy could always dream.
I feel so sad for Clark here, yet I can't help but laugh at the jab at Ralph, and all the while I'm hoping this is actually foreshadowing of happier things to come.

Then, this:

She discovered, to her shame, that her friends had not abandoned her like she had thought, but had worked tirelessly for weeks to try to save her from herself, especially Clark.
Very insightful - interesting that Lois realizes that they weren't just saving her from Luthor, they were actually saving her from herself. She accepts responsibility for her own actions.

And finally, Clark gazing out at the frozen glasier, thinking:

If only he could have frozen his life at a time when he was happy, in love with Lois Lane, and hoping she would love him in return.
I love that! thumbsup

Looking forward to Part 4,

Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Roger, if I never say anything ever again of encouragement to you, let it be this that is said: this is by far one of the best stories I have read, how ever short it might be < :p , and I have enjoyed reading this exploration into your version of the Lane and Kent Universe. I hope that we will see an onslaught of more stories by you, as the boards will be severly lacking without it.

This may be premature, but I think it will be fully warranted, but it would be great if there will be a sequel in the works. Like I said, this may be premature, but when a good story comes along, I never want it to end blush .

I'm patiently... I lied, impatiently waiting the final installment, and I hope it will be as fabulous as the previous chapters have been. thumbsup

-Jo dance

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree what with they said! Great story so far. Can't wait for more. Good job RL. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
thumbsup thumbsup

Clark is a lunkhead laugh

How could he think he could get rid of her that easily? wink

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clark is really swallowing in self-pity. That he lets all his friends think he is dead is bad thing - but shows also that he doesn't really know hiw much he means to others.

Lois, on the other hand, is courageous, both that she doesn't lose hope and beging to trace Clark but also that she dares to face him.

Waiting eagerly for more.

Gabriele
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
While reading this chapter I couldn't help but think: THAT FOOL RAN!!!!! mad

And when I reached the end I found myself nodding along with Lois words...Clark really needed saving from his own foolishness.

clap
What a wonderful installment! It's simply perfect and I can't wait to find out how you are going to let it end....

Sira - notworthy

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Roger

An excellent part! thumbsup thumbsup

You did a superb job portraying Clark's emotions especially his sense of loss and desperation. frown
I'm glad that Lois didn't give up. clap

I can't wait to read the next part.
Please post it soon.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He ran away!!! razz

She found him!!! wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is really, really, really good.

Really.

Can't wait for what comes next.

CC-

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
R
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Excellent Rodger. You didn't go in the direction that had some of us intrigued, but the direction you've gone is is just as satisfying.

4 chapters - way too short. Hope for more stories from you.

Maybe one that explores what happens to Kryptonians when they die.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
oh, oh, you just said on IRC that you're gonna post the next part in about half an hour, and I haven't had the chance to comment yet, not even read it all... But that won't stop me from expressing my opinion, though goofy

It's been pretty hectic lately, with writing, editing, preparing for a horseshow that I actually succeeded in *not* killing myself wink , and then I got sick... So I'm pretty far behind on everything.

Anyway, you know I've read much of this on IRC, so I'll just tell you again how much I love what I've seen!! thumbsup

Pelican (who's going back to recovering and reading... smile )

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you again for all the comments. This next part coming up completes my first fic, which was a very scary experience. Thanks for making it easy.

Maria, glad you liked the conversation between the Kents. I was particularly nervous about that because I wasn't sure if it added much to the story.

Vicki, I had fun with the Ralph comment. It was a very late addition, put in at the last second. As for foreshadowing...you'll just have to read Part 4. smile

As for the glacier, there were definite reasons I chose for Clark to go to Juneau. For one thing, I've been there, so I've seen the glacier first-hand. Secondly, there was a lot of symbolism involved. The cold and ice is very symbolic of the way he's feeling, as is the stasis Clark's life has become. So I thought the venue was very appropriate.

When I visited the city while on an Inland Passage cruise, the one thing that stood out about the city was that it was isolated from the rest of Alaska. Despite Juneau being the capital of the state, there are no roads that lead in or out of the city. So you can't drive to or from Juneau. That isolation seemed to fit for the situation as well.

Jocelyn, I'm not sure exactly what to say except thank you. blush

Randi, I've never been a big fan of deathfics, so I'm not sure if I'll ever explore that particular aspect. If anyone else wants to do so, including yourself, please feel free to write one using those ideas you mentioned in your comments for Part 2. I'm grateful you enjoy the story even though it didn't go in the direction you were hoping for.

Thanks again to all who've read this far. And thanks to Maria, Vicki, Jocelyn, Laura, Jose, Gabriele, Sira, Tricia, Wendy, CC, Randi, and Pel for all your comments.

Part 4 is coming up...

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard