Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My muse loves you if you leave feedback!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/Piles and piles of chocolate from my muse to yours!/

Wow. Only Lois would think first about an investigation over learning more about the true Clark. Yet, I can understand that. It's safe ground. Work. Something that they both can agree on. /That there's a big huge jerk with access to nuclear plant and willing to harm innocent people to get at Superman. Mayson? JK./ Maybe I'm a bit miffed at her for not visiting her friend at death's door at the hospital. Then again, she knew she was a 3rd wheel and she did call Lois (even if Lois didn't answer). I guess Mayson knew that she wasn't wanted, or needed, by Lois... and that as Clark's significant other, Lois's needed trumped Mayson (as a friend) at that time.

I'm glad that Clark's illness is over and they can finally talk, just the two of them... without pretense (as they had to maintain in the hospital.) Have I mentioned what great folks Martha and Jonathan are? laugh

I do find it a little odd that Clark kept the glasses on and didn't explain the reason Clark wears them, when Lois asked him to remove him. I guess a part of that has to do with his ego still wondering if she prefers Superman to Clark. /hits said ego with a Kryptonite stick/ I'm glad Lois told him that she didn't want him to stop helping people as Superman. I do believe that's where Lana (in alt-dimension) got into trouble with Alt-Clark. She wanted him to be someone he wasn't, because she wanted it.

So, who is the big baddy who's blowing up nuclear plants to make Superman sick? Can they introduce him (her) to Mayson? So she can throw a library of books at him/her. That is, if the baddy is local. I doubt she's versed in international superhero law. How does one stop someone who has the ability to incapacitate Superman?

A part of me wanted Lois to kiss Clark when he stopped by her apartment the morning after he recovered, but I know -- as a writer -- you were withholding the kiss until she kissed him goodbye, right? wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/Piles and piles of chocolate from my muse to yours!/

Yum! Much needed! My muse is trying to juggle way too much right now and needs all the chocolatey goodness she can get.

Wow. Only Lois would think first about an investigation over learning more about the true Clark. Yet, I can understand that. It's safe ground. Work. Something that they both can agree on. /That there's a big huge jerk with access to nuclear plant and willing to harm innocent people to get at Superman. Mayson? JK./ Maybe I'm a bit miffed at her for not visiting her friend at death's door at the hospital. Then again, she knew she was a 3rd wheel and she did call Lois (even if Lois didn't answer). I guess Mayson knew that she wasn't wanted, or needed, by Lois... and that as Clark's significant other, Lois's needed trumped Mayson (as a friend) at that time.

Exactly. It's safe and comfortable territory while she figures out how she wants to handle things. Far less scary than having to face the Superman lies!

Mayson - it's a combo. She knows she's a 3rd wheel and not needed, but she does want to know what's going on. But mostly, her job kept her busy during visiting hours. wink

I'm glad that Clark's illness is over and they can finally talk, just the two of them... without pretense (as they had to maintain in the hospital.) Have I mentioned what great folks Martha and Jonathan are?

M&J are awesome. Gotta love those two.

I do find it a little odd that Clark kept the glasses on and didn't explain the reason Clark wears them, when Lois asked him to remove him. I guess a part of that has to do with his ego still wondering if she prefers Superman to Clark. /hits said ego with a Kryptonite stick/ I'm glad Lois told him that she didn't want him to stop helping people as Superman. I do believe that's where Lana (in alt-dimension) got into trouble with Alt-Clark. She wanted him to be someone he wasn't, because she wanted it.

At this point, the "why" feels irrelevant to him. Making Lois comfortable with him is paramount. It really has nothing to do with knowing which part of him she loves - he's got his answer, after all. She proposed and stuck by him amid a LOT coming at her - the illness, his lies, Mayson, etc. Alt-Lana definitely got in trouble with Alt-Clark by trying to force him to be something he wasn't. At least, in my opinion. Her steam-roller personality didn't help either.

So, who is the big baddy who's blowing up nuclear plants to make Superman sick? Can they introduce him (her) to Mayson? So she can throw a library of books at him/her. That is, if the baddy is local. I doubt she's versed in international superhero law. How does one stop someone who has the ability to incapacitate Superman?

Baddy/Baddies briefly mentioned in the forthcoming chapter!

A part of me wanted Lois to kiss Clark when he stopped by her apartment the morning after he recovered, but I know -- as a writer -- you were withholding the kiss until she kissed him goodbye, right?

Never fear. I have WAFFs planned. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still, she felt a little guilty. She was sure Mayson would understand why Lois had chosen to take the risk with Clark's health. And she knew in her heart that, even if the worst happened and Clark did die, the woman would never even think to prosecute her. Not that she could, even if she wanted to. Clark had left all medical decisions in Lois' hands. That included any off-the-wall, out of the box, crapshoot experimental procedures that might have any kind of chance of saving his life.

So she didn't make the call and sent the one call Mayson made to her straight to her voicemail.

Clark did give Lois power of attorney over all medical decisions should he not be capable of doing so, than Mayson would not be able to prosecute her.

But it was the height of selfishness deliberately not contacting Mayson when she called. Mayson has been gracious through this entire situation, the very least Lois could do was make a simple five minute phone call.

"You opted for your father's treatment, didn't you?" he asked knowingly.

She nodded shakily as she pulled away again. "I didn't see any other way. Neither did your parents," she responded, noting Dr. Klein's continued absence. "I'm sorry, Clark. I didn't want to expose your body to the Kryptonite, but I just couldn't let you go without a fight."

I like this way of using her Dad's treatment! clap This way Dr. Lane does not come to the hospital adding more questions from him about exactly how close Lois and Superman are. Bernie gets to bring the Kryptonite and monitor Superman without another person looking over his shoulder. Of course Lois wasn't going to let the man she loves die without a fight!

"So, where are your parents?" she asked as she cut dainty pieces of her food, studiously not looking at him, it seemed.

"They wanted to give us some space, so they went out to dinner and out dancing," he replied, sipping at his glass of lemon water.

Lois paused, her fork in midair. "Dancing? Like, at a club?"

Clark chuckled. "Not quite. They went to Palisade. You know, that upscale place down by docks? It's ballroom dancing night, and Mom's always wanted to try that."

Lois, Jonathan and Martha are very smart people, you could learn a thing or two about them. Look how well their son turned out!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

peep

Watching the Kryptonite ravage Clark's body and not being able to do a thing to help him was one of the most difficult things Lois had ever had to do in her life.
Right up there with watching Clark get a Kerth Award instead of her and certainly more difficult than giving birth to his children but not so hard a wedding night with Lex Luthor would have been.

That included any off-the-wall, out of the box, crapshoot experimental procedures that might have any kind of chance of saving his life.
Since Clark takes this long to die, wouldn’t it help to put a pillow over his face until the sun rises in the West and sets in the East?

And, selfishly, if these were to be Clark's final hours, Lois didn't want to share them with anyone else.
So, that would be an x-nay on the three-way with Mayson, then, huh?

"I'm okay," came the reply.
Looky-there. One night spent with Lois and he’s back to his old self again. They should have tried this earlier.

I will do whatever it takes to make things up to you...for everything that's happened."
Ooooh! I wonder if he’ll break up with her later on for her own good.

"No, I want to," he interrupted. "I haven't been a very good friend to you and I've been an even worse boyfriend. I've continuously lied to you and withheld important information from you, simply because I was afraid.
[Linked Image] I’ve just got a plot bunny that will need postin’ on the Challenge board (edit: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/272753).

She knew that, if it were her that was missing a part of herself, she would be panicking.
Like, if she lost her deductive reasoning skills?

And, without you, I wouldn't have the strength to keep putting on the suit every day."
/suddenly imagines Lois pulling the suit onto him each morning/

So she agreed, promising to stop by around seven o'clock that evening. Joy lit up his face and some of the terror in his eyes vanished.
The remaining terror probably revolves around the question of how to get his parents out of his apartment by 7 o’clock and not have them return the entire evening in case things go…well with Lois.

He chuckled. "I find cooking relaxing, Lois. Or, at least, it's relaxing compared to my usual, uh, hobbies."
laugh Yes, I do imagine Clark’s cooking to be less stressful for him. And the Metropolis Fire Department.
Some days earlier, at the MFD station house near Carter Avenue: LL13! It’s still breakfast time. Two engines should suffice.

"I wouldn't go back there if my life depended on it."
To be fair, her life might be in danger if she goes there.

What other secrets did he hold?
Well…he has an ex-girlfriend back in Smallville. He has a wife on New Krypton. He’s a very patient man. And he floats the sheets.

What if...the reactor leak wasn't exactly...an accident?"
That would have been implied in Lois’s conjecture.

This," he said, gesturing to himself as he sat there, "is the real me, Lois. Fake glasses and all."
Plus, the glass is leaded so he doesn’t ‘accidentally’ x-ray her clothes.

Superman's a job for you, no different than if you delivered pizzas during the hours you aren't writing for the paper.
Or being a hitman. Male prostitute. All jobs he’d most likely not be inclined to share with her on a first date. Or a third date.

"In a way," he continued, "it makes you a hero. You are the woman who saved Superman."

"Twice," she pointed out with a little pride showing.

"More than twice," he replied sincerely.
Awww…

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww! This fic was so sweet!

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 11/20/16 05:07 PM.

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark did give Lois power of attorney over all medical decisions should he not be capable of doing so, than Mayson would not be able to prosecute her.

True enough. But Lois isn't exactly thinking clearly. Her fear is through the roof. smile

But it was the height of selfishness deliberately not contacting Mayson when she called. Mayson has been gracious through this entire situation, the very least Lois could do was make a simple five minute phone call.

Maybe. Lois has a lot on her mind though. She's not exactly focused on Mayson's feelings. Besides, she could have filled her in later (off page).

I like this way of using her Dad's treatment! This way Dr. Lane does not come to the hospital adding more questions from him about exactly how close Lois and Superman are. Bernie gets to bring the Kryptonite and monitor Superman without another person looking over his shoulder. Of course Lois wasn't going to let the man she loves die without a fight!

Glad you liked it! I thought it would be a fun twist to have Sam come up with the idea but not be able to execute it. Plus, it's fun to make Bernie be the one to sweat. wink

Lois, Jonathan and Martha are very smart people, you could learn a thing or two about them. Look how well their son turned out!

Agreed! Love them!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right up there with watching Clark get a Kerth Award instead of her and certainly more difficult than giving birth to his children but not so hard a wedding night with Lex Luthor would have been.

Lois: (at the mention of Lex) sick

Since Clark takes this long to die, wouldn’t it help to put a pillow over his face until the sun rises in the West and sets in the East?

No, no, no. That's how long it'll be before he will return and she'll be able to bear his half-Kryptonian offspring. smile

Dany: Hey...wait a second....

So, that would be an x-nay on the three-way with Mayson, then, huh?

Lois: (shudders then gets a murderous look in her eyes)

Looky-there. One night spent with Lois and he’s back to his old self again. They should have tried this earlier.

Clark: See? What did I say about my nurse fantasies?

Clark: peep

I’ve just got a plot bunny that will need postin’ on the Challenge board (edit: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/272753).

Oooh! Love when that happens!

Lois: Yeah, about those...can I trade them in for ones that *aren't* fooled by a pair of glasses?

/suddenly imagines Lois pulling the suit onto him each morning/

Lois: Screw that! I'm more interested in taking the suit off him at night.

The remaining terror probably revolves around the question of how to get his parents out of his apartment by 7 o’clock and not have them return the entire evening in case things go…well with Lois.

Martha: Already on it!

Jonathan: Just don't get her pregnant, Clark. Yet. Get the Superman thing out of the way first.

Yes, I do imagine Clark’s cooking to be less stressful for him. And the Metropolis Fire Department.
Some days earlier, at the MFD station house near Carter Avenue: LL13! It’s still breakfast time. Two engines should suffice.

Fireman Joe: (Looks at Fireman Will.)
Fireman Will: (Returns knowing look.) Yeah....maybe we'll take a third. Just in case. I heard Maple Syrup was involved.

Well…he has an ex-girlfriend back in Smallville. He has a wife on New Krypton. He’s a very patient man. And he floats the sheets.

Les: And she thought my hobbies and off-shore bank accounts were bad!

Or being a hitman. Male prostitute. All jobs he’d most likely not be inclined to share with her on a first date. Or a third date.

Lois: Six. Months. wildguy

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Awwww! This fic was so sweet!

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark is feeling better clap dance hyper!

I really enjoyed how you handled Clark coming out of his coma--Lois asleep, Clark waking her, Lois thinking it's Dr. Klein, then waking up to see Clark bright eyed and healthy sitting in bed. Very sweet love...

And I do appreciate Clark's very strong desire to get things figured out with Lois. He knows that he should have told her the truth pretty quickly after they started dating--when Lois obviously 'chose' him over Superman--and he's trying to create an open and honest relationship between the two of them.

I was curious how you'd get Sam Lane into the hospital and facilitating Superman's treatment, and I've got to hand it to you. Having Sam act as more of a 'consultant' rather than handling the actual situation worked really well.

Excited to read the ending smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Clark is feeling better clap dance hyper!

I really enjoyed how you handled Clark coming out of his coma--Lois asleep, Clark waking her, Lois thinking it's Dr. Klein, then waking up to see Clark bright eyed and healthy sitting in bed. Very sweet love...

And I do appreciate Clark's very strong desire to get things figured out with Lois. He knows that he should have told her the truth pretty quickly after they started dating--when Lois obviously 'chose' him over Superman--and he's trying to create an open and honest relationship between the two of them.

I was curious how you'd get Sam Lane into the hospital and facilitating Superman's treatment, and I've got to hand it to you. Having Sam act as more of a 'consultant' rather than handling the actual situation worked really well.

Excited to read the ending smile
Laura

Glad you liked the chapter. I originally had thought of taking Sam completely out of the equation, and letting it be all on Dr. Klein. But, I have to admit, there's something awesome about having Lois' still mostly estranged father unwittingly save his future son-in-law. I really didn't want to physically bring him in though, so the idea of him just consulting on the phone was majorly appealing to me.

Clark is definitely not taking his second chance for granted. And, for once, he's really got his courage up and his priorities straight. He's not going to waste a second!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!
Lois: (at the mention of Lex) /feels suddenly like she’d also feel each morning starting about 2 months after consummating her friends-with-benefits arrangement with her reporting partner, only for slightly less happy reasons/
CLARK: I would make her sick to her stomach confused
CAT: [Linked Image]

No, no, no. That's how long it'll be before he will return and she'll be able to bear his half-Kryptonian offspring.
laugh clap

Dany: Hey...wait a second....
Looki-there, someone just got a clue.
DANY: So, where can I get one of those half-Kryptonian horse lords?
NOR: wave

Lois: (shudders then gets a murderous look in her eyes)
/marks her answer down in the ‘firmly N.O.’ columns/
Sorry, buddy, looks like you’ll need to find a second Lois to fill the professional caregiver’s assistant position.
WELLS: wave
Dr. MAMBA: wave
COSMETIC SURGEON: wave

Clark: See? What did I say about my nurse fantasies?
clap Wonder if that will work later on, too, when he pretends to have the sniffles.

Clark: Of *course* I will! Do you think I’m daft and would endanger my love like that?
We tried?

Lois: Yeah, about those...can I trade them in for ones that *aren't* fooled by a pair of glasses?
laugh To be fair, Lex *didn’t* even *have* glasses. He just had charm and money.

Lois: Screw that! I'm more interested in taking the suit off him at night.
Looki there, someone’s quite eager!

Martha: Already on it!

Jonathan: Just don't get her pregnant, Clark. Yet. Get the Superman thing out of the way first.
rotflol
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Fireman Joe: (Looks at Fireman Will.)
Fireman Will: (Returns knowing look.) Yeah....maybe we'll take a third. Just in case. I heard Maple Syrup was involved.
clap

Lois: Six. Months. /not over the whole not-telling-her thing./
CLAKR: So, Swiss chocolates for six months, then?
LOIS: cat

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard