Print Thread
#270918 07/11/16 09:37 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments are love. dance

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Here, have some love: <3 laugh

I finally caught up with this story and now there isn't any more. Drat. Ah, well: This has been a very interesting premise with a lot of twists I didn't expect. I was wondering how Brutal Youth would effect Lois and Clark--er, Lane and Alexa--given that they presumably already are aging at the same rate, and having one give up their youth would make it lopsided. The solution you gave was pretty clever and made sense.

I think I missed when / how Jimmy learned Alexa was Clark, unless it was at the wedding and nobody suffered from the "Mike effect" after all. Was it off-screen, or did I just miss something?

Anyway, looking forward to the rest, especially Family Hour. wink

~•~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I haven't quite finished with Jimmy (maybe) figuring it out during Brutal Youth (or at least calling Alexa 'CK'). So, no, you didn't miss anything.

And the next sections maybe a bit delayed due to having to fix some S4 timing issues. The election in PvLL is the same one (or should be) as in MJD so that makes things a bit more complicated for our gender-bendered couple. (And me.)

Plus the whole Andrus is an idiot leaves me cold - with all of time to choose from, why not recruit a proper Time Cop? One who would very cheerfully put a bullet between Tempus' eyes and claim 'oh, so sorry, I thought he was armed'? evil

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1
"I know we lived together for six months, but this is exactly how I dreamed married life would be," Alexa said. "I'd wake to the smell of freshly brewed coffee, and there'd be my… handsome husband. Reading the morning... autopsy reports. I guess there is something very 'us' about that."
laugh The weird thing is, this is such a Lois thing to say. Or rather, the first part, because reading the autopsy reports would be Lois with Clark being…surprised is not the right word.

"... I'm sorry you made the trip out here," Mister Larry said, "but as I told you on the phone, Missus Alexander, this is a private institution. We're not in the habit of taking in members of the general public.
I know you’re just going with the script but the Alexanders are filthy rich. Actually, their filth has its own trust fund. I’m sure that Mister Larry would bend over backwards to get their business.

"I thought you'd just rip the door off," the man said as he spun the combination.

"I'm told that insurance companies frown on things like that," Loq-El said.
Lois learned that the hard way after she ripped off one too many open car doors while being in a car chase, huh?

a packaged was dropped into Alexa's inbox.
[Linked Image]

"He sure did…by not ruling anything out… even the impossible," Lane said with a smile.
To be fair, he’s got the right sort of life experience.

Blanchard shook his head and frowned in thought. "Aging is a complex process. Yes, the root cause is cellular. The self-repairing mechanisms start to break down, cell replication slows and stops, the list goes on.
Boredom. According to the — from his peers jealously shunted — scientist Dr. Elias Giger, cells die of boredom because they have to do the same thing day in and day out (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Cards).

Tell him to bring the boy to me. But to hurry. Even I can't raise the dead..." Then she hung up.
Maybe if she and Baron Sunday worked together…?

"All I remember is... I wanted the story... guess now I am the story. I must look pretty awful to you, huh?"
Has he *met* Lois?

"I am called Lura and Loq-El is my husband."
Aww…heading off any offers by LFI magazine, huh?

"Doctor Klein, can you determine out how this device works?" Alexa asked, indicating the machinery with the two large canisters.
Isn’t it two chambers and a lever in between?

"And when it wore off you felt like you were a hundred instead of eighty," Klein said. "And each subsequent dose lasted a shorter time and took more out of you." He turned to Loq-El. "However, if we're lucky, and we're actually looking at radiation poisoning, I think there might just be a chance to save Mister Olsen here. But we have to hurry."
Awww, you do love your scientific untwists! clap

"Klein took a bone marrow sample from me and used that to boost Jimmy's body's ability to repair itself," Lane explained. "Jimmy should be fine. But Klein had to expose me to kryptonite to get the sample."

"He what!?" Alexa nearly screamed.
laugh Can you imagine if it were the other way round? If he exposed Alexa? laugh

Perry cleared his throat behind them. "So, Supergirl decided to make her first appearance last night."
And there goes the name…

"Superwoman," Alexa corrected.

Perry shook his head. "The talking heads over at LNN decided on 'Supergirl'. She's all the radio and TV people are talking about right now, or hadn't you noticed?"
[Linked Image]

/carefully inspects the intricate mesh of the fabric/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard