Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bakasi Online Content OP
Kerth
OP Online Content
Kerth
Comments go here. Thank you very much for reading...

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just got done reading Parts 11 and 12...

I'm so excited about this story hail!

I loved the moments between Lois and Martha--how Martha got some time to talk to someone else about her son, and how Lois really learned a lot about Clark's childhood.

And I really enjoyed Lois and Clark getting some time together. Lois trying to figure Clark out. Clark trying to help her clean her place. Learning how to work together and be friends.

Also, hoping that Clark is gaining some confidence where his abilities are concerned. Seeing how happy Lois was by how he helped her pick up, helping the lady he heard yelling...hoping Clark will continue to gain a lot from these experiences.

Loving this smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Part Eleven

This story has been well worth the wait! Thanks so much for posting two parts instead of one. Since I am on a tight schedule, only Part 11 will be mentioned for right now.

The last pieces of the puzzle fell into place. Lois remembered what Clark had told her about Lana the other night. All his youth, he must have carried this fear of being rejected for who he was inside him. Perhaps he had been wondering the same thing about his birth parents, if they had abandoned him, because they had been afraid of him. More than once, Lois had heard Clark call himself a freak with self-disgust. But now, she finally understood. No wonder, Clark had been devastated by Lana’s reaction upon learning about his powers. No wonder, he had been keeping his distance from Lois, ever since he had been forced to reveal himself in front of her.

It is so painful to see Clark suffering from Lana's rejection. Here is a woman he's has known all his life walking away from his without even giving him a chance to explain. Lana's character was never celebrated for strength of personality, only pushiness. Nonetheless, in her defense, shock how many people could have accepted a man who can fly without assistance? Seeing her boyfriend pull off such a stunt must have been scary, to say the very least! One has but to wonder if Lana might have come around given time and a soothing conversation with Martha and Jonathan?

“It was Clark’s decision to keep his powers hidden. I must admit that we weren’t exactly making a strong case against it,” a weak smile played around Martha’s lips. “Jonathan and I were always afraid that those government agents would return some day and take Clark away from us.” She paused and reached out to cover Lois’ hand with hers, squeezing it gently. “It’s good to have someone to talk to about my son, besides Jonathan. He’s a good man, don’t get me wrong. But talking to another woman is just …different.”

Lois slowly nodded. She too, had enjoyed this conversation immensely. It was not just because she had finally learned more about Clark than he had so far allowed her to see. Martha’s presence was comforting in a way that Lois no longer cared whether the information she got would ever be turned into black ink on a white page of a newspaper.

It is always such a pleasure to read a conversation one on one between Martha and Lois. The older woman helps Lois to slow down, relax and think. In doing so, she eventually see possibilities that only moments before had been overlooked or not even contemplated.

“Now, you’ve got someone to help you. I know Metropolis and I might know just the right people to get to Luthor,” Lois said quietly. “Let’s find this guy who broke into my apartment. I must have been close to Luthor for him to resort to such measures. Sooner or later, he will start making mistakes. We should not let this opportunity slip by.”

“She’s right, Clark,” Martha chimed in softly and put down the potato she had just been peeling. Drying her hands off on her apron, she approached her son. “You knew you wouldn’t be able to hide yourself forever, you’ve tried that already.” A sad smile played around her lips. “Perhaps, it’s time to take the bull by the horns.”

Listen to their women Clark, they have the best intentions for your life! Take the battle to Lex ... and win.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
bakasi Online Content OP
Kerth
OP Online Content
Kerth
It's always a pleasure to read your feedback, Morgana and Laura. I think I'm going to post the rest of this story in a similar fashion. After all I need to be done before I start working in August.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard