Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here.

Comments go here! smile

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Oh, I'm so glad my challenge inspired you to post! This is terrific! I love this idea. A geologist, living underground when Superman made his debut! clap (Not exactly what I had in mind, but I'll take it!) Wonderful! And Lois thought it was Superman. I can't stop jumping up and down with excitement! (okay, trying not to keep using exclamation marks.) Please keep writing. I want to read more. Will Lois tie Jimmy's remark to Michel looks like Superman and CK looks like Michel, therefore, CK = SM? Love it!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Oh, wow! (using the exclamation points Virginia left) This is a terrific start. I can imagine a "Who are you?" "No, who are you?" dialog between Clark and Michel. And now Lois has two super men in her life, and won't that cause some confusing and truly baffling moments for all three of them!

Funny how Lois picked out Superman's visage on Michel but can't see it on Clark. My expectation is that she will brush off Jimmy's comment and refuse to consider that CK=SM - at least at first. Of course, it's also possible that Michel will step in to be Superman at some point when Clark can't get away, thereby further muddying the secret identity waters and making on-scene reporters wonder why Superman suddenly has a slight French accent.

Lots of possibilities here? (sorry, ran out of exclamation points) You could go slapstick, or maybe French bedroom farce with lots of identity mixups, or dive deep into drama and angst, or go romantic where Michel develops deep feelings for Lois and Clark gets jealous, or throw in several "beside myself" and "meeting myself coming and going" jokes. Or you could do something no one expects - even have Lois marry Michel, since she doesn't respect Clark and because she realizes that she doesn't really love Superman because he's just a disguise for a man with

...those gorgeous brown eyes, that chiseled jaw...

Oh, yes, I'm going to be watching for this one. What a premise*** (still out of exclamation points)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love it. Please please work on this, I want to read all of it ... asap!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
So creative!!! clap clap clap (I happened to have a few extra '!!!' lying around wink ).

I'm really excited and curious to see where you take this piece. Like Terry said, so many ways you could go.

Wonderful job--looking forward to more! (oh--managed to find another one grin )...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
*dropping off extensive amount of exclamation points for use, then proceeds to use most of them*

clap clap clap That's it. You've hooked me! This is fantastic!!! There are so many different directions you could take this story, and I can't even pick one I'd like to see most! So many questions! How did Michel end up in Paris? Why hasn't he used his powers yet? What's going to happen next? I can't wait to read more, will be wishing for more time on my part and more stable internet on yours... dance

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!
“Michel, this is serious!” she snapped, folding her arms.
So, French? Does that mean Clark’s twin just got blamed for the Paris airport clone incident?

“I'm talking about the space station! That outfit! What did you think you were doing?!”
Oh, duh! Also, maybe he thought the outfit would help with the ladies?

Then, there was Lois...
She wants a very special piece…

I wouldn't normally share something like this, but...” She scratched absently at the fading mosquito bites on her arm. “Never mind. Just remember that it's mine first.”
clap

Lois took a deep breath and let the words out in a rush. “Superman has a secret identity.”
jawdrop

Lois waved a hand in the air. “Oh, please,” she said. “I'm the best investigative reporter for the best paper in the country. There's no way I wouldn't notice those gorgeous brown eyes, that chiseled jaw...” She sighed, lost in her reverie.
Yeah, about that…

“I know, right?” said Lois. “Maybe he figures he won't be discovered if his disguise is somebody completely dull and uninteresting.
CLARK: Dull? I dig up stories on old people getting scammed!
MICHEL: Unintersting? I *literally* work with *rocks*!

He actually came to me—asked me if I could 'get in touch with Superman' for him.” She smirked.
Oh, look, he’s the one who got the smart-cookies.

No criminal record, except for a speeding ticket in England, nine years ago—he reportedly claimed that it was only because his car had French plates.”
laugh

“You know, looking at him again, he's just so...dorky. I can't believe I thought he looked like Superman!”
CLARK: He…he…looks just like me?
LOIS: See? Dorky!

Jimmy stared hard at the page Lois was holding. “Actually,” he said, his forehead crinkling, “I think he kind of looks a lot like CK!”
Oh…*Jimmy*!

May I have some more, please?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi guys, and thanks for the fdk! wave

Virginia, I know this wasn't quite what the challenge described, but I'm glad it satisfies. smile

I realize there are 1,000,005 ways this premise could go, and I hope y'all are happy with the direction it does take off in. As always, fdk of any sort is always appreciated.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Oh, look, he’s the one who got the smart-cookies.

I feel like I should get this reference, but then I just keep thinking of chocolate chips and then I get hungry...

Thanks again, guys! smile

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
I feel like I should get this reference, but then I just keep thinking of chocolate chips and then I get hungry...
rotflol It's a cross between the Smart Kids and Michel getting all the smarts because of uneven distribution. huh It loses upon explanation.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
rotflol It's a cross between the Smart Kids and Michel getting all the smarts because of uneven distribution. huh It loses upon explanation.

wave Michael

Oh! Smart Kids! Man, I haven't watched that episode in far too long; it may be time to get out my DVDs. smile

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard