Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Part three was posted on New Year's, in case you missed it.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Interesting to see this Clark that lacks the natural self-confidence he exudes in the show. It's totally believable, though - that time period at the end of college where you're kind of lost - you don't have the security of school anymore, and you don't have a job/career yet, so you feel like you're treading water as self-doubt starts to pull you under.

I could also see how this incident with the drowning victim would cause Clark to quickly take off to avoid unwanted discussions, and how that would begin a pattern that was established in the show of Clark bouncing around the world, then taking off when he did something that aroused suspicion.

Thanks for the double post this week! smile Definitely looking forward for more. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Interesting to see this Clark that lacks the natural self-confidence he exudes in the show. It's totally believable, though - that time period at the end of college where you're kind of lost - you don't have the security of school anymore, and you don't have a job/career yet, so you feel like you're treading water as self-doubt starts to pull you under.

I could also see how this incident with the drowning victim would cause Clark to quickly take off to avoid unwanted discussions, and how that would begin a pattern that was established in the show of Clark bouncing around the world, then taking off when he did something that aroused suspicion.

Thanks for the double post this week! smile Definitely looking forward for more. thumbsup

Thanks for continuing to read! I liked writing Clark as a bit more insecure than on the show. But considering his age, I liked how it worked. That post college, pre-job era is terrifying!

I liked the water rescue. It just felt fun to write for Clark - giving him a taste of what he could potentially do, realizing how much he just exposed himself.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
That in-between time after college but before your life really gets going...Boy, I still, so very easily, can remember how nerve wracking it was. How many questions I had. How confused I was. You really captured just what 'life' is at that moment clap.

I grew up in a small town, too...kinda Smallville-ish. So relatable how Clark just knew, deep down, that his place wasn't there anymore. That desire to 'get out'--it's overwhelming at that age. I had my heart set on Chicago...and I ended up about as far from there as possible smile. In a bigger city (way bigger than where I grew up) but only about an hour away from home. But now, with hindsight--and a lot of growing up--I found exactly deep in my heart what I had always wanted. Everything worked out perfectly. Back then...back as college was ending, I don't think I would have ever been able to guess the path that would take me here.

Clark's quest...to get out of that small-town life, go to a big city, work his dream job, meet someone...finally, really, feel like he fits in. It's what drew me into the show as a teen. It's what I related to. It's, at the time, exactly what I was wanting to achieve. You've done a spectacular job of diving into that. Showcasing Clark's journey. Revealing his doubts.

You've created a great foundation for Clark to set foot into the world smile.

Awesome!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
That in-between time after college but before your life really gets going...Boy, I still, so very easily, can remember how nerve wracking it was. How many questions I had. How confused I was. You really captured just what 'life' is at that moment clap.

I grew up in a small town, too...kinda Smallville-ish. So relatable how Clark just knew, deep down, that his place wasn't there anymore. That desire to 'get out'--it's overwhelming at that age. I had my heart set on Chicago...and I ended up about as far from there as possible smile. In a bigger city (way bigger than where I grew up) but only about an hour away from home. But now, with hindsight--and a lot of growing up--I found exactly deep in my heart what I had always wanted. Everything worked out perfectly. Back then...back as college was ending, I don't think I would have ever been able to guess the path that would take me here.

Clark's quest...to get out of that small-town life, go to a big city, work his dream job, meet someone...finally, really, feel like he fits in. It's what drew me into the show as a teen. It's what I related to. It's, at the time, exactly what I was wanting to achieve. You've done a spectacular job of diving into that. Showcasing Clark's journey. Revealing his doubts.

You've created a great foundation for Clark to set foot into the world smile.

Awesome!
Laura

Yeah, I had 8 months of that "in-between" stage - I graduated a semester early so all my friends were still in school and I had no job/health insurance (not good being an asthmatic!!!). It was a terrifying and depressing time.

It's amazing, how differently our lives can turn out. I'm born and raised in the Bronx, NY and never intended to leave. Now I live in another state completely, because it was the best way for my husband and I to be able to afford a house and have a family. I like where we are now, but I do miss the old stomping grounds/being close to everyone.

Glad you are enjoying this tale!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard