Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
If I hadn't been writing this to encourage my daughter to write one of her own, and then to beta this, then this might have been a slightly different story...

Comments please smile

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
I started writing fanfic when my daughter was ten. I had heard many times that if you want your kids to value reading, you should let them see you read, so I figured the same thing applied to writing. She started with Harry Potter stories, and she quickly learned to value the mechanics, which she had scoffed at before, after having a story or two rejected for being so sloppy in grammar, spelling, etc. She's twenty now, and she still writes.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
Kerth
LOL...yeah, I can see this going in another direction, too. wink She could have moved the mistletoe over to the doorway, and then invited Clark over. devil I liked it as it is, though, from season 1 when Lois really was invested in getting Superman to notice her while ignoring Clark. This piece really worked for that time period. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bitter sweet. They each received the expected kiss, but they both left wanting more and neither expecting ever to get it.

I wondered if Clark had returned to the Planet yet or if he was still on his hiatus due to resigning after Superman left. I'm guessing that this is before the events that happened during Witness, which drew Lois and Clark closer.

A part of me wonders if there will be sequel should Clark and Lois notice a mistletoe hanging above the same window while listening to carolers the next Christmas.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]
Superman notices where Lois has hung her mistletoe.
[Linked Image]
Mistletoe in the Window
[Linked Image]
SUPERMAN: She does seem a bit desperate for alien attentions…

Mistletoe. In the window. What did it mean? Had she hung it there on purpose, or unintentionally. Possibly the window frame was the only place she could reach to put it.
Right. Lois is unaware of the concept of a ‘ladder’.
LOIS: So, either I’m desperate or stupid? razz Thanks. Thanks a lot.

What? Should we call her a scheming vixen instead?

Clark knew that it was no coincidence. Lois was hoping for a kiss from Superman.
Advertising it like only an employee in the red light district could.

Lois had been short, and a bit cruel, to him - to Clark - earlier today, and he was in need of a smile from her.
Oh, look! A matching pair.

Maybe she deserved a little kiss after fighting so hard to exonerate him recently. Her tireless investigation into the issue of the heat-wave had saved him from a life of loneliness and despair.
Ah, Season One it is!

Maybe she should just let him speak. Let him say what he came to say, and then leave. Yes, that would be a much better idea. She wouldn't feel quite as nervous, and wouldn't make a fool out of herself, either.
Wouldn’t that be awkward, them not kissing because she’s shy and he’s not feeling entitled to instigating it?

"Do … do you celebrate Christmas on Krypton?" she enquired, then immediately answered the question herself.
Yes, the tradition is universal, solving the mystery just how the belief in a single god and aliens can co-exist.

"I know about Christmas. I know all the different traditions and where they came from, what they mean."
Isn’t he adorable? Rubbing her face in his nerdness?

He was telling her that he knew what all the Christmas traditions meant … including the tradition of the mistletoe hanging above his head.
Oh. Right. Duh!

If he lingered any longer then Lois would get the wrong idea about his feelings for her. Well, actually she would get the right idea about his feelings … but the wrong idea about his intensions.
laugh I think she’d get the right idea about his intentions, too. Well…his desires.

He couldn't let those desires start to use some more twisted logic to persuade himself that he could actually be with her.
[Linked Image]

Clark liked her. Clark would probably let her kiss him under the mistletoe if his came over.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Maybe she'd invite him over after work tomorrow.

Or maybe Superman would visit again and maybe there would be more kisses some time in the future.
Sounds to me like she’s doubling down on getting more kisses either way laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree--this story does really fit into that early time frame in the show...where 'Superman' was all that Lois would (and could) notice. Clark was...the afterthought. You demonstrate that really well with this story smile.

While I'd love to read about Clark coming over...ending up under that mistletoe wink notworthy clap --I do, also, really like where you ended it.

Thanks for sharing!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard