[A fun challenge! Thanks for suggesting it.]

The Song : A Kiss Me Quick Fanfic Challenge
by Chris Mulder

"Kiss me quick!" the singer on the radio crooned.

And so she did.

"Kiss me quick, my darling!
Before you have to go!"

"Wow!" he said, as she stepped back. "What was that for?"

"Kiss me quick, then kiss me ...
Forever and a day!"

"Cause the guy on the radio said to," she replied with a grin.

But I want you to know ..."

"And do you always do what the guy on the radio tells you to do?"

"Only," she whispered, stepping closer to him, "when he's telling me to do something I've been wanting to do all day anyway."

"I love your sweet kisses,
Oh, honey, don't go!"

"Well, I'll have to write him a fan letter then," and he kissed her again.

"Mmmm, you know," she said, her arms holding him tighter, "we'll have to do this whenever this song comes on."

"I wouldn't mind!"

"Wait, I've got an idea!" She still held him, but now she was looking at him with her patented hold-on-to-your-hat look.

"Why am I not surprised!"

"We'll make it like a drinking game! Only we'll kiss instead of drink whenever this song comes on!"

Anything that would give him more opportunities to kiss this amazing woman in his life was all right with him.

"I'm in!" he responded. "Let's see if I can get drunk on you!"

"That will be a fun experiment," and she kissed him again.

That song was a top ten hit for most of the summer, so it was on several channels. It became a game within a game to find ways to "kiss" when they couldn't actually kiss because of work or other constraints. Under a deadline and typing furiously, she would feel a tiny breeze on her cheek and smile. He, who could hear the song being played on a car radio down in the street, had blown her a soft kiss from his desk. Crossed fingers stood in for an "X" when they were across the table in the conference room.

But I want you to know ...
I love your sweet kisses,
Oh, honey, don't go!"

The year moved along, and soon it was fall. "Kiss Me Quick" fell from the top ten, the air got colder, and the days shorter.

It had been a long day. She hadn't seen him since breakfast and she missed him. She picked up her phone.

It had been a long day. He hadn't seen her since breakfast and he missed her. He picked up his phone.

Their phones chimed at the same time. Each looked down and smiled at what they saw: "KMQ".

Last edited by ChrisM; 11/06/15 03:26 PM.