Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#84942 02/18/12 08:15 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Since I've practically been holding my breath for the third part to come out, I guess I'll kick things off. laugh

Aaaaaaaaawwwwww!!! This was so romantic and sweet- absolutely perfect approach to Lois and Clark's first Valentine's Day together. Plus, I thought the twinkly lights was a great add in. Clark's such the romantic. love

Great job, Sue!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1 hyper Yeah! Part 3 posted!!! (Not that I'm excited or anything :rolleyes: ) laugh - Oh, dear, did I just use up all of my graemlins already? clap

Thank you, Sue. What a great birthday present. Thank you for making me smile. What were you worried about again? It's nice for us Newbies to know, even the greats get nervous about a story every once in a blue moon.

Or to quote Lois:
"I don't know," she said slowly. "It's missing something. Whipped cream, maybe?"

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Worth the wait! (and for you the risk of posting it when you get a nice lot of complimentary fdk.)
Very nice and sweet ending and I can't wait for that nfic epilogue to come. wink
Thanks for sharing. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Columnist
Columnist
EEEEEP!!! I love love loveeee that I woke up to this!

Rick Sanchez had made her a grilled cheese sandwich on a hot plate in his dorm room.
How romantic.... but not *Clark* romantic.

He grinned. "Okay. I'll risk it."

"I'm worth the risk," she said with a smile.

His expression softened. "You're worth any risk, Lois."
I love all this risky business! Both of you are DEF worth all of the risks!

Her breath caught in her throat. "Why do I have to decide? What do you want?"

Clark didn't pause to consider, didn't even blink; he simply said, "You."
I love Clark! you nailed his corny personality soooo perfectly! Your version of Clark Kent is who I will, from now until forever more, compare all of the guys I think I might want to date to.

.talk nerdy to me.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful finish to a wonerfully WAFFy story. sloppy

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
Ooo, sweet feedback! Let's get right to it. laugh

Mouserocks - I hesitated after posting, wondering if I should start the FDK thread myself. The current trend seems to be going in that direction, doesn't it? Thank you for starting the thread for me. The twinkly lights are something a guy actually did for me once and it was very romantic. He only used about five strands of Christmas lights whereas I have Clark using at least twenty. I guess that's why Lois marries Clark and I never did marry Glen. wink

Virginia - Thank you so much for all the lovely, detailed FDK. It thrills me when I have to scroll to keep reading. laugh Thank you for catching the fun of Clark and his search for the hand mixer. About this:
Oh, my gosh! Lois has turned over the decision making process to the hack from Nowheresville? <<shocked face>>
In the first part she told Superman that she wants to be Clark's everything. My feeling is that Lois isn't about to tell him what she really wants and/or feels until she knows for sure that she really is his everything. She takes a lot of risks, but that one's too scary to jump into blind.
What were you worried about again? It's nice for us Newbies to know, even the greats get nervous about a story every once in a blue moon.
There must be a blue moon every time I post then. I've never once posted that I don't feel sick to my stomach immediately afterwards. It never gets easier. blush

Gr8 - I hope you're not holding your breath waiting for that nfic epilogue. If something occurs to me, I'll write it, but I'm still slogging through a multi-part nfic that I've been working on for freakin' years now. <sigh> Most of my dirty thoughts are directed towards that.

Mrs. Luthor - Sadly, I think I, too, judge most of the men I meet by the version of Clark that resides in my imagination. :p

Ken - Yay! You came back! I'm glad you liked the story.

Thanks to everyone who's commented. I'm extremely grateful! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my God! I loved this. That was so romantic, so sweet and perfect. Where is this man. Does he only exist in your head! Can I take your brain and infuse a dose of it in to my husbands head! LOL. Sigh... Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice one! worth coming back to the boards for a Sue special. I loved the clark-as-chef descriptions. I won't eat boxed mac-and-cheese anmore either!!
Thanks again for sharing your gift with us.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Happy sigh.

My favourite parts were at the end. The first was:

"Talk to me." Clark leaned back against the counter. He wasn't touching her, but he was irresistibly close. "Is this about being afraid that things will change if we start going out?"

A pang went through Lois at how well he knew her. "It's changed already. You aren't just some guy I work with. You're my best friend."

"If that's all you want from me, Lois, I'm happy with that."
I love that he was letting her know she was in the driver's seat and that he was opening the avenues of communication.

My other favourite part was his putting his cards on the table:

"So I guess you need to decide what kind of us you want us to be."

Her breath caught in her throat. "Why do I have to decide? What do you want?"

Clark didn't pause to consider, didn't even blink; he simply said, "You."

"Oh." It was all she could say. That kind of simple honesty was hard to argue with.
Their being able to have an open and honest discussion about their relationship is in itself a huge milestone.

Thanks for sharing this wonderfully WAFFy story.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., And thanks for giving me the opportunity to post my 1500th post, thereby changing my status from 'Top Banana' to 'Merirwether.' smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay part 3!!! Simply put...LOVED it! Wish I could find my own Clark. Great story.
Sarah

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry for missing parts 1 and 2, but I did want to say how much I enjoyed the whole story. Perfect for Valentine's Day.

I think I fell in love with Clark right along with Lois - the lights, the meal, the conversation, and PUDDING!

My favorite was your portrayal of Lois' feelings when Clark left their relationship entirely up to her. I wanted to strangle him on her behalf, but then his simple answer of "you" when she asked what he wanted... <sigh>. Okay, he's forgiven.

Thanks again for sharing.

Now the only unanswered question remains...did Lois ever end up interviewing Luthor? Or did she find some secret journal of Gretchen Kelly's just lying around somewhere that detailed all of her brilliantly diabolical plans?
devil

Yeah, a-plot, a-shmot.

B

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lovely.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
love <3

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
They are the perfect blend of recklessness and caution! Well done! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Howdy, FoLCs!

Laura - I believe he also exists in Deborah Levine's head, since it's her version of Clark that I try to recreate each and every time I write something. wink

Joy - How wonderful to see you again! I hope you'll be hanging out with us all more often.

Lynn - I can't see Clark pushing Lois into a relationship. He knows how gun shy she is and he has his own reasons for needing to take things slow. Congrats on reaching Merriwether status! clap

Sarah - I'm sure your Clark is out there somewhere. laugh

BJ - On the whole, A-plots give me a rash. smile And, once you see the outtakes, you'll get that rash, too. wink

Pam - Thank you!

Sarahg - Aww, thanks!

Morgana - Thank you - I particularly liked that turn of phrase. smile

Thanks again to all who've left comments. You guys rock my world. sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
Features Writer
Features Writer
I love how honest Lois was throughout the date, not trying to hide how much it affected her and not pretending to a blase attitude. Clark was so sweet, and I love that she met him in that.

Clark's simple answer to her question--"You."--was so amazing that it really made my breath catch. So Clark, so true, and so revealing. He definitely took the right things out of his Superman conversation with her.

The way you paint these characters is so insightful and true to the show that I'm a bit in awe. So glad she decided to take a chance with Clark.

Amazing story--thanks so much!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
There was something decadent about lying in a soft, warm bed during a rainstorm.
I absolutely agree!

The work interlude at the beginning of part 3 was a nice way to build the anticipation of the date. I was like Lois counting down the words until I got to read about it!

Her first coherent thought was gratitude that he didn't come to work dressed this elegant because she'd never get anything done.
Hee!

And he is the sweetest. Though he can float and string Christmas lights at superspeed, he still gets an A for effort.

"No, I can't find my hand mixer. I swear I have one here somewhere." He started looking in the cabinets beneath the countertop, moving pots and pans around with what seemed to be increasing desperation.
Could that be because you usually use your hand to mix it, Superman? Busted! laugh

His expression softened. "You're worth any risk, Lois."
Awh. <melts into a puddle>

"Oh my god," she moaned around the first spoonful. The pudding was practically an out-of-body experience.
I have got to make this stuff!

She could be happy with nothing but pudding and his company.
I love that she includes pudding and not just his company. smile

"We can take this slow," he reassured her. "We don't have to rush into any--."

She didn't give him the chance to finish. She swiftly closed the distance between them and covered his mouth with hers. For a breathless moment, neither of them moved. Then his hand cupped the back of her head , bringing her lips against his in a decisive kiss.
Way to go, Lois, taking the plunge. And good for Clark, taking charge on that second kiss!

Her last functioning brain cell told her that nothing this deliberate could be rushing things.
I love this line.

Thanks for this wonderful Valentine's treat, Sue. You know, St Patty's Day is just around the corner! wink

Blogger
Blogger
I'm ashamed to admit that I have not spent any time reading the great stories on these boards in almost a year. frown

Tonight, I got tired of working so I figured that I could take a break and see what I've been missing. Of course, the first thing I noticed is that Sue had something new posted.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this story. You have a way of reminding me of the reasons that I fell in love with the show from the first episode almost twenty years ago (hard to believe that it's been that long)!

Now, I need to go and see what else I have missed.

I hope to see another story with your name soon! smile

Kerth
Kerth
And here it is - the only thing that makes a Friday even better: FDK on a Friday. clap

AntiKryptonite - Truly the best compliment in fanfic has to be hearing that you got the characters right. blush Thank you! I think I mentioned in a previous thread for this story that the reason I'm so drawn to 'The Phoenix' is because it's the first time on the show when they're both being honest about the attraction between them. I'm glad that carried over into the story for you.

Emily - Thank you for picking up on the reason why he can't really find that hand mixer. <g> As far as the pudding goes, you'll have to let me know after you've made it if it was good for you. wink As far as another holiday themed fic goes, well, that's been done before. But I will be sending you something new to peruse soon. laugh

dawebb - My favorite 'Burgher! Welcome back to the boards! dance Twenty years? Holy crap, that can't be right… I was pregnant with my son when the show started and he's turning 18 this weekend so… Geez, that went by fast. I remember being thrilled that I was home by Sunday night because I didn't really trust my husband to set the VCR right. <g>

Thanks again for making my Friday that much more splendid! sloppy

Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue! wave

This story is so yummy... I don't know if it is because there was so much food involved, but I can't think of better words to describe it: delicious, scrumptious, y-u-m-m-y! [Linked Image]

Clark is the epitome of the perfect man. He is romantic, elegant, sweet and... oh, boy, he cooks like a chef! Lois is so doomed. laugh How could any woman do not love him? He is flawless! Did I already say yummy? [Linked Image]

Thank you Sue for adding flavor to my life! [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard