Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#99902 03/31/14 12:53 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here!

Thanks again to my wonderful BRs - Iolanthe, Lynn, and Vicki.

Corrina.

#99903 03/31/14 01:39 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Oh no! Shane called it off? Why?? What happened to change things? And Jane was very much in Lois's shoes in terms of the romantic storyline (at least when it comes to the series itself). What's Lois going to do? Do they want Clark to talk sense into Shane or for him to help console Jane?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#99904 03/31/14 08:01 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I am really enjoying this story for the language and the way you use words, and for the portraits of Lois and Clark. smile

#99905 03/31/14 08:26 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another cute part. smile

I loved their discussion about flying. Time and money definitely aren't a problem when it comes to flying for Clark. :p

I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
#99906 04/01/14 08:38 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
As always, your flow of language is just lovely... Enjoying the story and wondering how Clark will 'save the day' with the wedding.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#99907 04/01/14 09:01 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What's going on with the bride and groom? Did Shane discover that his bride to be was lying about her past? Was she really Zara from New Krypton? grumble Right there with Clark's frustration! But, hey, if it doesn't work out with Jane and Shane, the church would be available for another couple. [Linked Image] No, no. That would be too fast... Waffy good, but fast. laugh

More soon... /looks at watch/... like today?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#99908 04/01/14 11:01 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
The wedding is off? Eek! Wow--did not see that one coming! Having possible visions of Clark (and Lois) talking to the bride and groom. Curious to see where this is going...

Beautiful part, Corrina--it came across as very intimate. A wonderful morning together--learning about each other, falling for each other. Lovely, lovely WAFF hyper

His compliments had a way of burrowing deep into her heart, as if intent on finding a permanent home. "Has this ever happened to you before?" she asked.

"No." He prodded at a chunk of bread. "You?"

"No!" she said with a gush of emphasis. "No. I didn't expect this. I didn't believe this would ever happen to me. I didn't believe it could happen."

"I wanted to believe," he said. He put his barely touched plate on the floor and stared out into the gloom.
Great-Great-Great! One of my favorite parts. Really enjoyed how falling in love was referred to as 'this' and 'it'...it was very heart-warming. Clark's 'I wanted to believe' at the end--perfect! clap

His eyes closed, his mouth moved forward, and his lips touched hers. His hand followed, curling around her neck with his thumb reaching up to her cheek. His kiss deepened, moving with careful thoroughness that searched out her strands of resistance and brought every speck to panting glorious compliance.

Far too soon, he backed away. His eyes opened, looked up, and met hers.
WAFF blush . The conversation leading up to the kiss--talking about the kiss--it was pretty wonderful, too...

Really enjoying the story--and so excited to read more dance

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#99909 04/01/14 11:05 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
After just a few seconds, the ghost of Lois Lane, Metropolis super reporter, rose up, barging through the tranquillity with a torrent of incensed protests.
My heart just about stopped at this point. I really thought that she was going to flip out and run away.

Spurning her, Lois nestled a little further into Clark's arm.
...Aaaand... sigh of relief. smile

"Clark! Clark!"

Clark's frustrated groan rose from somewhere deep in his chest, and he eased away before springing to his feet.
Here I was afraid that this was Lana, his girlfriend who he wasn't that enthusiastic about and had completely forgotten. I guess Clark wouldn't do that to her, though.

It's interesting to see Clark be so transparent about his feelings and admit how intense they are right off the bat. I guess the sticking point is going to be when he's forced to explain how he can get to Metropolis so quickly. smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#99910 04/01/14 11:14 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
"It's easier not to care," Lois said, unsure if she were directing her words at Clark or herself. "And a whole lot safer."

"Easier," he echoed. "Emptier. Lonelier. More isolated."

"But caring always involves risk," Lois said.

"Of course it does."

"When you don't care, you can't be hurt."

Clark nodded sadly. "I suppose that if you don't want anything, you can't be disappointed."
This exchange tugged on my heartstrings. You really conveyed Clark's isolation well. He's really craving contact and emotional intimacy, and it's incredibly elusive for him.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
The biggest thing, though, HOW IN THE WORLD did that woman know that Clark would be at the park for breakfast that morning
Yeah, I wondered that, too.

So there's an opening at the church and the reception hall... it would be a shame to waste all that preparation and not hold a wedding for someone... wink

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#99911 04/08/14 12:15 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Christina Interesting questions!

Debbie Thanks for letting me know you're reading and enjoying.

LadyL Clark knows there isn't a problem with living 1000 miles apart. Lois doesn't though!

MM I'm glad the flow is working. It's meant to be WAFFY so I think there's allowance for a few flowery phrases etc smile

Virginia No Zara in this story.

Why is Clark so tense? Because he's nervous, or because Lois suddenly seems to be doing a 180 by snuggling up to him?
Because he knows that this is *it* - his one chance at happiness with the woman of his dreams. As he's already said, he's terrified of blowing it.

Laura

The wedding is off? Eek! Wow--did not see that one coming
Good. I like to surprise readers occasionally. cool

mrsM No Lana in this story, either!

So there's an opening at the church and the reception hall... it would be a shame to waste all that preparation and not hold a wedding for someone...
Wouldn't that give the title a different meaning!

Thanks for all the lovely comments. The current hold-up is due to the fact that I wrote part 6, sent it to my BRs, tried to write part 7, and realised that part 6 completely missed the mark. After a massive re-write, I sent part 6 to the BRs again. Part 7 is still with them, too. Part 8 is written and waiting to the edited. Part 9 (yes, the story grew again!) is also written. And I've reached those wonderful words, 'The End'.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard