OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Whoa! That's awfully quick. One good date and they want to get married? dizzy I'm still not sure what Herb's doing in town, either, unless he's leaving scent trails for Lois to follow. peep I know you said this was in response to my LnC get married in S1 challenge, but I wasn't expecting it on the second day in Smallville.

Although, I've found that in real life one has to be open to the idea of marriage, and look at the person you're with through those "eyes", so to speak, to make it seem less daunting. If Herb found a way to make Lois more open to the idea of marriage in S1, and she's decided on Clark, it's possible. Still, it seems awfully quick.

So, now, Trask has them. How does them being engaged change the dynamics of GGGoH, I wonder.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, things are moving quickly. There is a reason and that will be revealed, eventually. clap sloppy love

There is also the question - have we seen the incident that is driving this scenario? confused

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My goodness Lois B]and[/B] Clark are moving really fast! What's going on here? eek

Lois smirked and said, "Story of my life. When hasn't my life been in danger? Sometimes, it seems like danger is my middle name."
That Lois, goes without saying! LOL!

However, her reaction shocked him. She started to laugh, hysterically. When she calmed down she asked, incredulously, "That's your deep dark secret? You're Superman? Come on, Clark. Everyone knows he's your friend, but really, you can do better than that. Everyone knows that Superman is invulnerable. You got a paper cut yesterday. Your allergies were kicking up earlier."
Huh! Will the real Lois Lane please stand up?

When Lois and Clark broke the kiss, she pulled up her hand to admire the ring. "It's beautiful. It looks old."

"It is. That was my Grandma Clark's ring. Mom had been saving it for me, for when it came time."
Oh boy, this is really getting away from canon! Still I like the idea of Lois receiving a ring that has been in the Kent family for a long time. Very sentimental.

"I've always heard about a ‘roll in the hay', but I've never experienced it. Come on, husband. I want a roll in the hay with you."
Really?

"Well, you see, with my special status, I kinda felt that I needed to wait until I was sure that the one that I became … intimate with … would be the one I would be with … for the rest of my life. So I never …"
That's something about Clark that I always admired.

As the guards stopped shoving them, Lois stopped shouting. When they stopped, they were facing a tent. Suddenly, Trask stepped from the tent. His men were in a mix of uniforms which was another indication of the rogue nature of his organization. Some, like the ones that had captured them, wore the camouflage battle dress uniform while he preferred the olive drab jungle fatigue which dated to the Viet Nam War era. He said, "So many questions and from someone in such a precarious position." He laughed as he spoke.
Finally Trask makes himself known to them. I really appreciate this attention to detail on the part of their uniforms. As per usual, this attention gives the scene much greater depth.

Lois continued to shout at Sherman, "Instead, you're a thug. Is that what you went to college for? To be a thug?"
I'm glad Ms. Sherman is getting some more exposure, but how does Lois know she went to college?

Next?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois's reaction to Clark revealing that he's Superman was unexpected. In most stories (and canon), she's upset with him. Laughing and not believing him (at least at first) is different.

Lois and Clark are moving fast in this story. I look forward to seeing how you explain it.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

My goodness Lois [b]and Clark are moving really fast! What's going on here? [/b]

Yes, things are moving quite fast, but there is a very good explanation for that and it will be revealed by the end. Lois is actually taking the lead, but Clark is living his dream. He has wanted a relationship with Lois from the beginning. You think he is going to turn her down?

quote:

There are some things that never change!

quote:
However, her reaction shocked him. She started to laugh, hysterically. When she calmed down she asked, incredulously, "That's your deep dark secret? You're Superman? Come on, Clark. Everyone knows he's your friend, but really, you can do better than that. Everyone knows that Superman is invulnerable. You got a paper cut yesterday. Your allergies were kicking up earlier."

At this point Lois has had no inkling that CK=SM and she finds it hard to believe, especially based on the recent evidence of his vulnerability and weakness. He has to work to convince her.

quote:

"It is. That was my Grandma Clark's ring. Mom had been saving it for me, for when it came time."

I am trying to stay as close as I can to the story/script, however to accomplish my goal I do need to stray some.

quote:
"Well, you see, with my special status, I kinda felt that I needed to wait until I was sure that the one that I became … intimate with … would be the one I would be with … for the rest of my life. So I never …"

Yes, very moral almost to the point of naiveté.

quote:
As the guards stopped shoving them, Lois stopped shouting. When they stopped, they were facing a tent. Suddenly, Trask stepped from the tent. His men were in a mix of uniforms which was another indication of the rogue nature of his organization. Some, like the ones that had captured them, wore the camouflage battle dress uniform while he preferred the olive drab jungle fatigue which dated to the Viet Nam War era. He said, "So many questions and from someone in such a precarious position." He laughed as he spoke.

As I said in a previous note I watched this episode a number of times and thought I’d point out some things that a casual view could miss. I appreciate the comment.

quote:

Logical assumption.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi AnnieB,

Thanks for the FDK!

Lois's reaction to Clark revealing that he's Superman was unexpected. In most stories (and canon), she's upset with him. Laughing and not believing him (at least at first) is different.

She is having a hard time believing his admission because of the empirical evidence of the last couple of days. He is vulnerable – paper cut. He is weak – failure on the test of strength. He gets sick – allergies kicking up. Of course, we know the reasons for all of those, but she doesn’t.

Lois and Clark are moving fast in this story. I look forward to seeing how you explain it.

Only 4 more posts to go and we will have the complete explanation within those posts, but there’s a lot more action between now and then.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good feedback!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
hyper he told her before they got engaged. party she believed he was Superman without proof.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Annie B.:

In "Wrong Clark" Lois laughed so much, that Clark did not go through with fully telling her that he really was Superman. They both make sense because before the Kryptonite incident, no one thought Superman could ever be vulnerable, so Clark bleeding made him being Superman not workable.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

Precisely the point. He needs to tell her before he can propose, but based on the evidence of the previous few days, she needs to be convinced.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard