OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My, oh, my. What's gotten into Lois? Are you sure Revenge isn't involved? She's acting sooooo lovey dovey. What is Herb Wells up to?

"Yes … yes, I do. Truly, I thought you were too good. You were too good to be true. I had a hard time believing that anyone … any guy could be as good as you appeared to be. I was afraid that one day the mask would fall off and you'd be just like every other guy I've been involved with. I'm not afraid of that anymore."

"What changed your mind, Lois?"

"Not what … who. Maisie. When she said that about you all of my fears disappeared. Here was someone that has known you all of your life. I had been worried that you were playing a game. Pretending to be someone you weren't. I just knew that sooner or later the mask would come off, it had to. I knew that if someone is playing a game, they could do it for days or weeks, maybe for a year, but all of your life? I don't think so. If she can say ‘With Clark, what you see is what you get.' I just have to believe her. You, Clark Jerome Kent, are the real deal."
Um... Clark? Shouldn't be a tad bit nervous that Lois won't be thrilled to know that you've hidden a major part of yourself from her?

Clark's hair was mussed and he hadn't realized it, but while they had been kissing, it had been dark and Lois had left her mark on him. There were lipstick smears on his lips and cheeks. Nonchalantly he replied, "Oh, she'll be down shortly. She's getting dressed."
clap

"Yep, the forms he had them sign were a marriage license and a certificate of marriage. The extra notation he made was to add his name after her on the certificate of marriage. You see, the law says that if you spend the night with a girl, you are married to her. It is an old law, dates back to the early days of the settling of Kansas. There weren't many Justices of the Peace in those days and it made it easier that way. Technically, you and Lois are now married."
Well, if THAT didn't put fear into the hearts of all young people in Kansas, I don't know what will. clap Now, the question will be, will Clark tell Lois about it? /uh... BTW, honey, you can't marry Luthor because you're already married to me. peep /

So, the big dual phone call was made together instead of separately. Things, they are a changing. Hopefully, this means they'll be able to capture Trask without Clark outing himself or getting exposed to Kryptonite again.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

Quote: Um... Clark? Shouldn't be a tad bit nervous that Lois won't be thrilled to know that you've hidden a major part of yourself from her?

That is a major concern. thumbsup

The question is – just why is Herb interfering? confused Have we seen just why he has stepped in? evil

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awesome as always.

I love that Lois is being so open, so 'in love'. The making out scene on the porch bench ... *sigh* wonderful.

It was a real surprise that she came to get him from the couch, though. If she was soooo completely convinced that the only way she would sleep was to have Clark in the bed with her ... I get the feeling her subconscious is remembering years and years of them sleeping together. Then when she started to mumble ... I don't think that was a dream, or wishing ... it was a memory.

Keep it coming Ken. More soon please.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
Awesome as always.

I love that Lois is being so open, so 'in love'. The making out scene on the porch bench ... *sigh* wonderful.

It was a real surprise that she came to get him from the couch, though. If she was soooo completely convinced that the only way she would sleep was to have Clark in the bed with her ... I get the feeling her subconscious is remembering years and years of them sleeping together. Then when she started to mumble ... I don't think that was a dream, or wishing ... it was a memory.

Keep it coming Ken. More soon please.
Yes, Now that Lois has had first hand testimony from Maisie that Clark is not play acting and she can trust what she sees, she is being more open with him.

Getting him to sleep with her – Hmmmmmmm, memory? Where would that memory come from. This is not a Lois from the future brought back by Herb. This is actually the 1993 Lois of this universe.

We are near the half way point.

Since I don't have the entire story beta'd I will continue at one post a week.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my, this part is certainly going in a different direction! eek

Making up her mind, Lois dropped Clarkie Bear on the swing, shifted her position and sitting on Clark's lap, wrapped her arms around his neck and twined her fingers in his hair pulling him back into another open-mouthed kiss.

They had been making out like this for almost fifteen minutes when the headlights of the pickup lit them up.

The young couple jumped apart like a couple of teenagers caught making out on the living room couch in the dark by the girl's father.
Clarkie Bear?

Make-out sessions on the Kent front porch?

Jumping apart like a couple of teen-agers?

Will the real Lois and Clark please stand up? LOL!

The obscure Kansas law which gets our favorite duo into the hilarious mess is not so surprising. But now I'm wondering just how these two are going to work around this situation. huh

Next part? grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Morgana:
Oh my, this part is certainly going in a different direction! eek

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Making up her mind, Lois dropped Clarkie Bear on the swing, shifted her position and sitting on Clark's lap, wrapped her arms around his neck and twined her fingers in his hair pulling him back into another open-mouthed kiss.

They had been making out like this for almost fifteen minutes when the headlights of the pickup lit them up.

The young couple jumped apart like a couple of teenagers caught making out on the living room couch in the dark by the girl's father.
Clarkie Bear?

Make-out sessions on the Kent front porch?

Jumping apart like a couple of teen-agers?

Will the real Lois and Clark please stand up? LOL!

The obscure Kansas law which gets our favorite duo into the hilarious mess is not so surprising. But now I'm wondering just how these two are going to work around this situation. huh

Next part? huh

Well, the marriage isn't official. They haven't been found out as it were.

In the show, there was a lot of time to fill in. We saw our favorite couple leave the Festival and the next thing we see them on the call. I always wondered what they did in between.

Good news!

I got back the balance of the beta from one of my readers and there were only a few spelling errors to correct. That said, I think I will put up the next part on Monday and switch to a Monday, Thursday schedule.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL! Good point! What better place to make out than on the front porch. Very old-fashioned!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

In many respects Clark is an old fashioned guy. Thanks to his upbringing he has a respect for women and displays a lot of courtesy toward them.

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love it! Lois and Clark are moving so much faster than in the show. But ... what will Lois say when she finds out that the one guy who really seems to honest and upfront about things is hiding the biggest secret of all? eek

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi AnnieB,

Thanks for the FDK!

I will start posting 2X per week starting on Monday on a Monday, Thursday schedule so I guess we'll be finding out the answer to that question soon. evil

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
smile1 Lois and Clark kissed. I loved how Clark kissed at first, and then Lois moving in more. I have to say I thought they went a little far for a first date. Okay, realistically I would consider kissing on a first date a bit much, but Lois and Clark are an exception. If we take the right view, this is not just a first date.

I have to say Lois dragging him to her bed was a bit much. I had to laugh at the mention of the "if you share a bed you are married" law.

So we have technically made it to Clark and Lois marrying in season 1. We seem to be on track to them having a season 1 wedding.

This is also on the extremely short list of "Clark and Lois get married before he tells her the secret" stories. One of those was Bob Bart's story where Clark does not remember The SecretTM when they marry.

I like the scene between Jimmy and Perry at the end, even if it is very close to canon.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!
Originally posted by John Lambert:
smile1 Lois and Clark kissed. I loved how Clark kissed at first, and then Lois moving in more. I have to say I thought they went a little far for a first date. Okay, realistically I would consider kissing on a first date a bit much, but Lois and Clark are an exception. If we take the right view, this is not just a first date.

This is not a normal situation. They have been working together for months. They have shared meals, watched movies together and done stakeouts together. A lot of those activities could very well have been considered dates.

I have to say Lois dragging him to her bed was a bit much. I had to laugh at the mention of the "if you share a bed you are married" law.

Actually, the law may not have been that specific. As I understand it all they had to do was spend the night together. Not necessarily in the same bed.

So we have technically made it to Clark and Lois marrying in season 1. We seem to be on track to them having a season 1 wedding.

Yes, technically, but as Clark said, he doesn’t want it that way.

This is also on the extremely short list of "Clark and Lois get married before he tells her the secret" stories. One of those was Bob Bart's story where Clark does not remember The Secret when they marry.

Bob’s story is “When the Sky Falls”. The sequel of which, “After Nightfall, The Return of Superman” is a candidate in the current Kerth nomination round.

I like the scene between Jimmy and Perry at the end, even if it is very close to canon.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard