comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Smiling at his response, Lois did a pirouette and asked, "So, you like?"

Clark's response was a heartfelt, "And how!"

Lois' smile broadened, "Good, because I wanted to please you. I wanted to, I don't know, fit in. Be a part of 'your world'."

"Lois, dressed like that you'll be the belle of the ball."

"That's good because I intend to have you dance with me tonight." <Okay Ms. Two Step and Tush-Push, it's time for you to meet your competition.>
These 'outtakes' on the character's thoughts really fill in the gaps created from the show. More on this tomorrow! I'm really enjoying this story. hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

I look forward to reading your expanded comments.

My thoughts on this were that there were a lot of things left unsaid and there was a lot of time unaccounted for. I'm trying to fill in some of those blanks.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As was mentioned previously its great to peek into the thoughts of characters. This provides greater depth to the story.

Ms. Sherman was worried. Her skin crawled each time she had to meet with Trask, but she had no choice. These pushy reporters were forcing her hand. As she entered the command tent she saw Trask watching as a couple of his guards unloaded a crate which had, ‘39/ULTRA' stenciled on the outside. The markings meant absolutely nothing to her, but she noted it none the less. She decided to get this over with as quickly as possible. Knowing that he would know exactly who she was speaking about, she said simply, "They're back."
Ms. Sherman now actively knows she's lying and working for a madman. Plus we get to see events through her eyes.

Undeterred, Maisie pressed on, "I'm Maisie. How's the writing coming? I'd just love to read a good romance novel."

Lois just couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her novel was one of her deepest darkest secrets. She looked daggers at Clark and if looks could kill, Clark, especially in his present condition, would have died a thousand deaths.

Clark had just reached into a basket of chips and taking one placed it in his mouth. When Lois turned to glare at him, he crunched down on it. Chagrined, Clark swallowed and then tried to make an excuse, "I must have," he cleared his throat, "accidentally … mentioned it to … my mom. She may have …"

Lois almost growled as she finished for him, "Accidentally told the whole town."

Maisie could see what was brewing and it wasn't the coffee. There was a storm brewing and it was her fault. She tried to defuse the situation, "Oh, that's just Smallville for you, honey. Everybody knows everything about everybody else."
I remember the beginnings of this scene and thought it was a howl! Maisie is a great judge of people and she can see Lois is an 'uptight city gal', who is completely unaccustomed to the ways of Smallville and country life. Love it!

As soon as they left Maisie's Diner they could hear the music from the gazebo and followed that as they crossed the street to the square. Stepping onto the square they found themselves on the outskirts of a crowd cheering on an athletic competition. Lois shouted to make herself heard over the cheering crowd, "What's going on? Is it a prize fight?"

Clark shook his head and placing his lips near her ear so that she could hear him, he said, "No, this is a husk-off."

Pulling away, she gave him a mystified look.

He moved close again and said, "Teams try to see who can shuck the most ears in a minute!"

Again she moved away. This time she shouted, "This is a team sport?"

Clark nodded his head enthusiastically.

Lois just rolled her eyes in response.
Lois, you should come with me to visit my in-laws during the state fair, now there's some excitement to be had!

She stopped at their Mustang and put her bags in the trunk. Almost as an afterthought she placed her precious bag in with the clothes and then she headed back to the festival to find Clark.
Lois without her briefcase! Now I know we are in an Alternative Universe.

Rachel could also see how well Lois moved and took up the challenge. <She wants to make this a contest, huh? We'll just see about that.> Joining the line right next to Lois, Rachel tried her best to outperform Lois in the moves of the dance. However, try as she might, whatever move was called for, Lois performed it with, at least equal and most of the time more grace and skill than Rachel. It looked like Lois had a natural flair for dance. Rachel was a little hampered by the fact that she had several buttons of her top undone and was going out of her way to exaggerate some of the moves to show off her bodice and make her skirt flare up to display her legs.

Clark could see the sidelong glances the two girls were giving one another as they danced and he came to the realization that they were both dancing for him because they were also looking at him to gauge his responses. As the competition proceeded it became more and more energetic and Clark was surprised when he actually broke a sweat, an unusual occurrence for him. The girls were undeterred as the dance continued, vying to outdo one another. Clark couldn't help, but admit that Lois was the superior dancer and as the song came to an end even Rachel had to admit that she had met her match.
Poor Rachel! She really did have a good heart! But don't you think its been a few years and she should get over her crush on Clark?

Come on H.G.! Make your move!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another good chapter, filling in the blanks of what we didn't see in the episode. I especially liked the addition of H.G. Wells at the end of the chapter ... sabotaging the car. That was actually kind of funny.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
party party party We get Clarkie bear.

I also loved Lois's line about "I already have my Superman" and even more "take me home."

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Sherman has found herself between a rock and a hard place. At this point she feels so threatened that she has to play along.

Yes, Thst scene was a hoot, but the meeting with Maisie is key to this story as you will see.

Yes, the Corn Festival is a new experience for Lois. She is starting to loosen up though.

Poor Rachel, she still hasn't seen the handwriting on the wall.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi AnnieB,

Where would the Matchmaker set be without Herb. He is there for a reason.

A few more chaters yet.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by John Lambert:
party party party We get Clarkie bear.

I also loved Lois's line about "I already have my Superman" and even more "take me home."
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, what would the story be without Clarkie Bear?

Lois said, "I already have my Superman" - That one kinda slipped by Clark like a 100 MPH fast ball. He was so surprised at her choice that he missed it or else he might have gotten worried.

"Take me home." Lois is starting to think of Smallville and the farm quite a bit differently than before this story started.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard