OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, it seems like Lois's deja vu is more than passing fancy. It's actual memories. She must have experienced this before to predict what others were going to say or what she shouldn't say. So, why is that? I'm beginning to think that Herb brought Lois back in time and dropped her back before he picked her up to change the past (ala what he did during Tempus Fugitive). But why?

WHERE WAS HERB?! Pops in and out of this story like a fairy godmother and yet he fails to warn the Kents or Clark about the big ol' hunk of green rock in the shed???? grumble

"No! No, we're not." She hesitated for a second and her visage cleared as the panic left and she turned toward Martha before she concluded, "At least, not yet."
Say what??? dizzy Who is this woman? She didn't act that pandering during his big sickness in "Home is Where the Hurt Is". I doubt Clark would want to be babied, anyway, especially when he's feeling weak and powerless for the first time in his life. S1 Lois's kind of bedside manner is a slap to the chest and the encouraging words of "suck it up, Kent! It's just allergies." You know, 'Tears don't solve anything, Kent. Just stick a bandage on that broken leg, and let's get going.'

I'm really worried about what Herb has done to Lois. Is he trying to jump-start her memories after a botched lobotomy? Because she's acting really goofy.

She was disappointed when Lois shouted after her, "We'll wait."
Didn't they head into town to check Wayne Irig's fertilizer records at City Hall instead of waiting in canon? It's been so long since I watched this episode I, frankly, can't remember. Irritating Trask's minion probably isn't good for their health though.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I like how you mix canon with Lois's deja vu (or memories or whatever it is). Lois does seem a bit out of character, but I'm sure you've got a reason for it.

Lois started to smile like the cat that had just caught the canary, because she knew that she had Sherman. The inside knowledge she had gained by being with the Kents was now going to pay off, big time. She challenged, "I doubt it. Most of the rooms around here were booked up months in advance, or maybe you've never heard of the famous Smallville Corn Festival."

Sherman, realizing that she had been caught and had to come up with an explanation and all she could come up with was, "The government has pull."

Going for the kill, Lois challenged, "All right, then, which one?"

Sherman decided that she would need to bluff this pushy woman again, "I don't know. I'll try to find out." She hoped that the stall would make them leave. She turned and headed for the tents.

Lois may be acting a bit out of character with the Kents, but she's totally in character here. Mad Dog Lane the reporter is giving poor Carol Sherman a hard time.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nodding his head he agreed with her, "I am normal." But he was thinking, <Normal for an Earth man, not a Kryptonian.>
I could be wrong, but since GGGOH took place before The Foundling, Clark would not know he's Kryptonian.

This story is turning into a better version of GGGOH!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana:
I asked myself the same question. But in "Strange Vistor" where Trask comes to the Daily Planet and gives lie detector tests, when Clark gets in the warehouse on Besollo Blvd and finds his ship he finds the ball with the image of Earth turning to Krypton. The dialog is here:
CLARK

Gingerly runs his fingertips down one metal beam. On it are
a row of mysterious hieroglyphics. At the end of the row:
the familiar "S" insignia he has begun to wear on his
Superman costume. It's a moment of epiphany causing even
Clark's superpowered knees to buckle.

Next to the wreckage is a bagged artifact, labelled,
"Smallville, Exhibit A." Inside is what appears to be a
small ball. Clark takes it out of its bag, and as his
fingers make contact, it begins to &low from the inside.

It is a three-dimensional globe with mountain peaks and
valleys. It's Earth. Clark's face shows the effect the
moment is having on him. When we see the globe again, it
is different. Peaks and valleys, reddish tint, huge ice
caps. It is another planet. Clark, stunned, says to him-
self in a soft whisper of recognition of a world long for-
gotten and a memory long suppressed:
CLARK
Krypton.

All of this is our version of Rosebud, and Clark is nearly
overwhelmed by emotion. Snapped out of it by:
LOIS
Clark!

Clark quickly pulls the tarp back over the spacecraft.
Lois can't see this. Clark stuffs the ball in his
pocket.
So in the first episode after the pilot Clark knew about Krypton.

smile1
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooops! Completely forgot about the scene in the warehouse when Clark learns the name of his home planet.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Ooops! Completely forgot about the scene in the warehouse when Clark learns the name of his home planet.
That's okay, Morgana, so did I when you wrote your earlier comment. blush

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Okay, it seems like Lois's deja vu is more than passing fancy. It's actual memories. She must have experienced this before to predict what others were going to say or what she shouldn't say. So, why is that? I'm beginning to think that Herb brought Lois back in time and dropped her back before he picked her up to change the past (ala what he did during Tempus Fugitive). But why?

WHERE WAS HERB?! Pops in and out of this story like a fairy godmother and yet he fails to warn the Kents or Clark about the big ol' hunk of green rock in the shed???? grumble

"No! No, we're not." She hesitated for a second and her visage cleared as the panic left and she turned toward Martha before she concluded, "At least, not yet."
Say what??? dizzy Who is this woman? She didn't act that pandering during his big sickness in "Home is Where the Hurt Is". I doubt Clark would want to be babied, anyway, especially when he's feeling weak and powerless for the first time in his life. S1 Lois's kind of bedside manner is a slap to the chest and the encouraging words of "suck it up, Kent! It's just allergies." You know, 'Tears don't solve anything, Kent. Just stick a bandage on that broken leg, and let's get going.'

I'm really worried about what Herb has done to Lois. Is he trying to jump-start her memories after a botched lobotomy? Because she's acting really goofy.

Didn't they head into town to check Wayne Irig's fertilizer records at City Hall instead of waiting in canon? It's been so long since I watched this episode I, frankly, can't remember. Irritating Trask's minion probably isn't good for their health though.
Memories? It sure looks like that, but I assure you that this is the first time Lois has set foot in Smallville. How could she have memories of a place she was never in before?

No, this is NOT a future Lois that Herb brought back in time. This is the Lois that belongs here.

There are reasons for everything that Herb does. It may not be immediately apparent what those reasons are, but eventually he explains. Why didn’t he warn Clark and Jonathan about the Kryptonite? Possibly, Clark needed to be exposed in order for events to play out as they needed to.

Why didn’t Clark and Martha pick up on her statement and tease her about it?
Perhaps Clark thought that would be counterproductive. She’s moving in the direction that he desires, deep down. Why rock the boat when it’s going in the right direction?

Rest assured, Revenge is not involved. That’s another story.

The answer to your last question is in the next part.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Annie B.:
I like how you mix canon with Lois's deja vu (or memories or whatever it is). Lois does seem a bit out of character, but I'm sure you've got a reason for it.

Lois started to smile like the cat that had just caught the canary, because she knew that she had Sherman. The inside knowledge she had gained by being with the Kents was now going to pay off, big time. She challenged, "I doubt it. Most of the rooms around here were booked up months in advance, or maybe you've never heard of the famous Smallville Corn Festival."

Sherman, realizing that she had been caught and had to come up with an explanation and all she could come up with was, "The government has pull."

Going for the kill, Lois challenged, "All right, then, which one?"

Sherman decided that she would need to bluff this pushy woman again, "I don't know. I'll try to find out." She hoped that the stall would make them leave. She turned and headed for the tents.

Lois may be acting a bit out of character with the Kents, but she's totally in character here. Mad Dog Lane the reporter is giving poor Carol Sherman a hard time.
Lois is a little confused at this point. She is remembering things that there is no way she could have in her memory. That type of confusion would knock anyone slightly out of character.

Yes, the memories are of a personal nature and are not affecting her abilities as a reporter.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Morgana:
Nodding his head he agreed with her, "I am normal." But he was thinking, <Normal for an Earth man, not a Kryptonian.>
I could be wrong, but since GGGOH took place before The Foundling, Clark would not know he's Kryptonian.

This story is turning into a better version of GGGOH!
Thanks to Artemis for the answer to that one. All I can say, it was in the script and the show so it had to be there, somewhere.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey Artemis,

Thanks for bailing me out! hyper

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
smile1 more Lois and Clark interaction.

I was a little afraid that Lois might say yes to her and Clark sleeping together with some other comments she has made, but I'm glad she resisted that.

I have to admit I don't remember what Lois wore when she came down and found Clark with "allergies" in canon.

It shows how much of a city girl Lois is that she believes the pollen in the fall line.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to agree with Virginia on Clark not resisting a tease. True, he does want to sleep with Lois eventually, but Clark also loves to tease. The fact that he let Lois respond to Martha's tease at all, instead of cutting her off with a "Mom" shows this.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Ken:
No problem. Like I said, I remembered the warehouse because I wrote it up in my story "Nighttime in the Daytime."
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The fact that they name the meteorite Kryptonite at the end of the show indicates they already know about Krypton.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by John Lambert:
smile1 more Lois and Clark interaction.

I was a little afraid that Lois might say yes to her and Clark sleeping together with some other comments she has made, but I'm glad she resisted that.

I have to admit I don't remember what Lois wore when she came down and found Clark with "allergies" in canon.

It shows how much of a city girl Lois is that she believes the pollen in the fall line.
In canon she was wearing a pair of black pajamas. This however is an Alt universe. Initially, she was planing on beig alone in a motel.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I have to agree with Virginia on Clark not resisting a tease. True, he does want to sleep with Lois eventually, but Clark also loves to tease. The fact that he let Lois respond to Martha's tease at all, instead of cutting her off with a "Mom" shows this.
Actually, it goes neyond that. Clark is so utterly surprised by her response he doesn't know what to do or how to respond.

If she is serious, he has hopes of his dreams coming true sooner rather than later and he doesn't want to do anything that would derail that train of thought.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The fact that they name the meteorite Kryptonite at the end of the show indicates they already know about Krypton.
The mention of Krypton is from the script.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard