OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here!

Corrina. wave

#99527 03/10/14 12:42 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Corrina, what are you doing!!!

No, please tell me this beautiful story is not about to have a heart-breaking interlude. What has happened? Is it something that will make Clark sooooo late that Lois is utterly disillusioned? Or is it something that makes him just a little late and she will feel ever so relived when the knock comes on the door in a moment?

Oh, please, let the knock come on the door in just a moment....

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#99528 03/10/14 01:31 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Yea! It's back. dance

I was a bit worried when Lois decided to grill Clark and then he walked away from her room, almost coldly, but we soon learn is with abject dejection. I thought maybe he had read her intentions in her 'sugary smile' and it broke his heart.

Yea! for the plausible excuse jacket to bring them back together and give her the opportunity to realize what she had said 'no' to. She changed her mind!

About Clark being late, my only thought is that Lois hasn't reset her wristwatch for Iowa time. Clark will show up "on time". I have faith in him, even if Lois is close to losing hers. If Clark has been delayed by death (not his, of course), danger, or destruction, Lois should understand, because she would run out on a date for a story as well.

I'm worried about Jane. Why doesn't she have any family? Who is she? Could something have happened with Jane or Jane's family to make Clark to be late for the date which made him do loop-de-loops in the air?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#99529 03/10/14 02:36 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Virginia mentioned something that should have occurred to me because it bit me once.

Metropolis is in the Eastern time zone. Iowa is in the Central time zone. When it's 7:30 in Metropolis, it's 6:30 in Iowa. I think Lois is ready an hour early. And won't she feel stupid when she learns why he's not really late at all?

I've never had a love-at-first-contact experience, but I hope that if I had, it would have felt something like this. Corrina, you could melt Lex Luthor's heart with your words. You are truly the mistress of WAFF. notworthy

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#99530 03/11/14 11:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It is pretty clear to me that Lois forgot to reset her watch. thumbsup

She is going to fret herself into a frenzy and shout at him for being an hour late. mad

He will be apologetic and take the blame and sometime later she'll see a clock and realize her error. shock

His lack of rebuttal will just draw her closer. love

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#99531 03/11/14 12:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My browser hiccupped and double posted.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#99532 03/11/14 01:43 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! Part 3!!! hyper

Checking her watch every minute. Lois is very eager to have breakfast with Clark.

Looking forward to Part 4 and Clark's arrival.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
#99533 03/11/14 02:21 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I agree, that the time zone is an issue here, but if she has to wait for an hour, she will be livid. eek Clark may have a first face to face with Mad Dog Lane.

On the other hand, Clark maybe a few minutes late, though he would have spent the night in the lobby if he expected that. laugh

KateB
#99534 03/14/14 02:45 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Where is Clark? Although, part of me wonders if the problem is that Lois forgot to reset her watch to Iowa time, so it is only 6:30.

Another part of me fears there was some disaster Clark had to go prevent.

I love that Lois agreed to the date. I hope it works out, but fear it won't.

All this checking her watch by Lois is bringing to mind the end of "Individual Responsibility" where Lois is getting closer and closer to Clark with every minute he agrees to still be at her place that evening.

John Pack Lambert
#99535 03/14/14 05:28 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow--really loving this story! And really curious as to where Clark is? (I'm guessing it's a time zone issue--but...yeah, I can see some sort of emergency coming up and Clark needing to help in some way, too. Hmmmm......)

She ventured up, into his face, and saw her own dazed wonderment and awed disbelief reflected in his eyes.
Beautiful sentence thumbsup

He hadn't assumed that the best dance of her life automatically earned him her trust.
Liked this line a lot, too...yes--best dance of her life! laugh

"OK. Thanks." She slipped her arms into the sleeves. His warmth caressed her. His cologne wafted into her nostrils. And the memory of his arm around her tingled across her skin.
Loved the description of how wearing Clark's coat felt for Lois. Very intimate...

What if exhaustion had paralysed her jerk-radar?
'jerk-radar' hyper

Beautiful writing-wonderful story!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#99536 03/25/14 08:42 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Victoria

Oh, please, let the knock come on the door in just a moment....
There won't be any knock on the door!

Virginia

Interesting points. Some may (or may not) be confirmed soon. Others may(or may not) take longer. smile

Terry

I've never had a love-at-first-contact experience, but I hope that if I had, it would have felt something like this. Corrina, you could melt Lex Luthor's heart with your words. You are truly the mistress of WAFF.
Thank you, Terry. I appreciate your kind words.

Ken Nice scenario, Ken. We'll see.

Lady L

Exactly. For a date Lois wasn't sure she wanted to go on, she's very eager for it to start.

Kate Clark might be eager as well.

John You're right - it is a bit like that scene.

Laura Thanks for such detailed FDK. Glad you're enjoying the ride.

Corrina.

#99537 03/26/14 06:45 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Catching up on some fic around here... Corrina, I LOVE how you write. You have such a deft touch, and always conjure images that are succinct and full of impact. Just brilliant, and so creative!

That said --- what happened to Clark?! Hoping he pops up at 7:35. wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard