OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmmm. What's going on with Lois? Everyone seems to be acting as they should, but she's feeling deja vu-ish like she's lived this part of her life before?

Trask is still the horrible man as always, if not a bit worse. You've made me feel sympathy for Carol Sherman, which I usually don't feel for her. I wonder if anyone has written a story where she actively defies Trask and tells all she knows to these reporters after getting her daughter to a safe place.

Still, what's going on with Lois? Hmmmmm. It's almost as if she's revisiting her previous self / life without remembering that her older self has done this and fallen for Clark before.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Fantastic part. We start to see the differences, and they are ... unexpected.

I liked seeing Rachel's thoughts. I mean, who wouldn't want a chance with Clark? But to see Lois suggest the they are 'exploring possibilities' ... wow. Unexpected.

It was most unexpected for her to be having Deja-vu too. I expected some kind of interference from Herb as he's obviously watching, for some reason we do not yet know. Maybe something he wants to be ready to help with, dive in and change etc. But actually it seems as if there has already been some time travel happen.

I'm very intrigued.

And I'm annoyed that your posting schedule is only every Wed! grumble

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Hmmmm. What's going on with Lois? Everyone seems to be acting as they should, but she's feeling deja vu-ish like she's lived this part of her life before?

Trask is still the horrible man as always, if not a bit worse. You've made me feel sympathy for Carol Sherman, which I usually don't feel for her. I wonder if anyone has written a story where she actively defies Trask and tells all she knows to these reporters after getting her daughter to a safe place.

Still, what's going on with Lois? Hmmmmm. It's almost as if she's revisiting her previous self / life without remembering that her older self has done this and fallen for Clark before.
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, Hmmmm, the Dejs Vu - I wonder if Herb could be doing something. He is showing a lot of interest. confused

As I said, I'm trying to stick as close to the script/show as possible. Trask is parnoid/psychotic/alienphobe just like in the show. razz

I always felt bad for Carol Sherman, she got involved by accident and didn't know how to extricate herself. evil

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KatherineKent:
<strong> Fantastic part. We start to see the differences, and they are ... unexpected.

I liked seeing Rachel's thoughts. I mean, who wouldn't want a chance with Clark? But to see Lois suggest the they are 'exploring possibilities' ... wow. Unexpected.

It was most unexpected for her to be having Deja-vu too. I expected some kind of interference from Herb as he's obviously watching, for some reason we do not yet know. Maybe something he wants to be ready to help with, dive in and change etc. But actually it seems as if there has already been some time travel happen.

I'm very intrigued.

And I'm annoyed that your posting schedule is only every Wed! help

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Is it just me, or is the whole "I've got a deja vu feeling" a new line?

I think you added more to the Clark/Lois/Rachel interchange than was even in the script. I know the line about beating Fordman and the computers was not actually in the show.

Lois's "We haven't" sounded a lot like she was saying "We haven't slept together yet."

I would say "But were exploring our possibilities" is the first truly major point of departure from the original. dance Lois is open to dating Clark.

I liked the Lois/Clark/Jonathan/Martha scene, which I think had some additions.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for reading and the FDK!

There are some things I have added and there are some things from the script that wound up on the cutting room floor. The line about Deja Vu was an add that I made. The comment about Rachel winning the election by promising to buy a couple of computers was in the script.

None of the thoughts were in either the show or the script. They are the product of my fevered imagination which I added to make the story more enjoyable and move it in the direction I want it to go. In order for us to have any inkling as to just what Rachel was thinking they would have had to do voice - over and that wasn't happening so I had to fill in the blanks as it were.

Most if not all of the conversations are as near the show/script as I can make them, but there are inevitable variations. evil peep

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can see where the story departs from the show now. I recently re-watched GGGOH, and the differences stand out in this story (in a good way). I love the deja vu aspect, and it makes me wonder what else Lois "remembers."

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Annie B.:
I can see where the story departs from the show now. I recently re-watched GGGOH, and the differences stand out in this story (in a good way). I love the deja vu aspect, and it makes me wonder what else Lois "remembers."
Hi Annie,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, Lois is 'remembering' things. Little things. Maybe, eventually some bigger things. The question is, how will these memories affect the eventual outcome of the story?

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is a gentle, sweet gem of a story. Lois is much more relaxed in this version of GGGOH than the original.

Rachel Harris on the other hand seems to have taken on some of Lana's more unpleasant traits.

Martha and Jonathan as always are the BEST parents a man could have! Who else would laugh at Lois's 'observation' that Jonathan might just be a cross dresser? Martha's hair is the same shade as Rachel's?

Keep going KenJ, I might be late commenting, but as always I'll eventually catch up! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Morgana:
This is a gentle, sweet gem of a story. Lois is much more relaxed in this version of GGGOH than the original.

Rachel Harris on the other hand seems to have taken on some of Lana's more unpleasant traits.

Martha and Jonathan as always are the BEST parents a man could have! Who else would laugh at Lois's 'observation' that Jonathan might just be a cross dresser? Martha's hair is the same shade as Rachel's?

Keep going KenJ, I might be late commenting, but as always I'll eventually catch up! thumbsup
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for reading and the FDK!

Yes, this is a somewhat softer Lois, not as uptight as the original.

Surprisingly enough, when I was watching the ep to prepare for this story I noted that the hair color of Rachel and Martha was strikingly similar. I thought it odd so added that thought to Lois' mind.

Rachel - Look at the backstory I provided. They had dated. She wants to renew the acquaintanceship. She is just testing the waters, no where near as annoying as Lana.

The way Martha and Jonathan were written in the original can't be beat. They are a special couple. No matter what story I am working on - no matter what changes I make to the other characters, I always try to keep them true to character. Martha was always bold, open and forward thinking. I love them just the way they are.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard