OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What's Wells up to, following Lois and Clark around everywhere they go? Is he trying to figure out when Clark is exposed to the Kryptonite and stop it? Won't they get suspicious if they bump into him again in Smallville?

As she headed for the elvator she looked back over her shoulder she said, "My idea of a vacation is Tahiti … not Smallville."
Mine, too. laugh I'm ready for some other colors than white, grey, and mud brown. /Also, you missed an 'e' in elevator./

Thanks for picking up my Challenge, Ken. Can't wait to see where you take it. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Neither can I! H.G. Wells is a great character, I wonder what's going to happen with his constant popping in and out of Lois and Clark's life!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
You've got a good start here. I don't see much difference from canon, aside from the presence of H.G. Wells, but I look forward to seeing where you go with this.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
What's Wells up to, following Lois and Clark around everywhere they go? Is he trying to figure out when Clark is exposed to the Kryptonite and stop it? Won't they get suspicious if they bump into him again in Smallville?

As she headed for the elvator she looked back over her shoulder she said, "My idea of a vacation is Tahiti … not Smallville."
Mine, too. laugh I'm ready for some other colors than white, grey, and mud brown. /Also, you missed an 'e' in elevator./

Thanks for picking up my Challenge, Ken. Can't wait to see where you take it. laugh
Actually, Wells is keeping a low profile. The first and only time they were aware of his presence was in the elevator.

I couldn't find any misspelled elevators.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Morgana:
Neither can I! H.G. Wells is a great character, I wonder what's going to happen with his constant popping in and out of Lois and Clark's life!
The explanation for his presence will become self-evident, eventually. peep

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Annie B.:
You've got a good start here. I don't see much difference from canon, aside from the presence of H.G. Wells, but I look forward to seeing where you go with this.
Depending on how familiar you are with the episode, you may or may not see differences. The changes I am making, to this point have been very subtle. Differences will become more apparent as things progress. thumbsup

I watched the episode about a dozen times and downloaded the script to prepare for this story. The result is a hybrid. There were differences between the script and the final product which I have tried to reconcile and then I am adding the Matchmaker twist to it. evil

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
smile1 I like this story. Lois is actually thinking of dating Clark. Hopefully we will see them on at least one date.

Was the Tahiti line in the script? I don't remember it from the show. I know the whole airplane scene was cut from the show.

It's been too long since I watched this episode to be sure of any other changes, but other than Lois and Clark talking with Wells, they are all minor. Even Lois's thoughts might have happened in canon.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by John Lambert:
smile1 I like this story. Lois is actually thinking of dating Clark. Hopefully we will see them on at least one date.

Was the Tahiti line in the script? I don't remember it from the show. I know the whole airplane scene was cut from the show.

It's been too long since I watched this episode to be sure of any other changes, but other than Lois and Clark talking with Wells, they are all minor. Even Lois's thoughts might have happened in canon.
Hi John,

Thanks for reading and the FDK!

I am trying to stick as close to the script and show as I can.

Good pickup on the airplane scene. It was in the script, but cut from the show.

I am taking some liberties especially with the thoughts. None of which were in the show or the script for that matter. I guess they would have had to be voice-overs in order for them to be there.

In order for me to give this a Matchmaker twist, H. G. Wells had to be there.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard