Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#98359 12/13/13 07:47 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments go here.

I've got more Christmas stories. May not post them all though. Don't want to overload you with waffy-ness smile

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#98360 12/13/13 08:23 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
Comments go here.

I've got more Christmas stories. May not post them all though. Don't want to overload you with waffy-ness smile
Please do overload us. smile1

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#98361 12/13/13 08:43 AM
U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Ooh! Another Christmas story! clap What a great peek into what Lois and Clark were like as kids! It really sets up the back-story for their differing viewpoints in the Pilot.

I agree please do keep posting these!! grovel

Ultra Lucille
#98362 12/13/13 08:53 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
IMPORTANT!!! Okay, don't know what happened there, but I just realised that half the story is missing. Have edited it now. Please go back and re-read. There is MUCH more to the story.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
#98363 12/13/13 09:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
For lack of a better word, the interaction and banter between young Lois and Clark was precious!

Martha's heart clenched when she saw the glassy look in the mother's eyes. Was she just a little ill - a cold - or was it something much more sinister. Did the mother know? Did the girls know?
You handled Ellen's 'condition' with grace and class, nicely done. Martha could pick up on it easily.

The flap opened and out stepped the nice lady who'd talked to her mother. Behind her came the young boy. He looked up and met her eyes then smiled and lifted his hand to wave as he walked off. As she raised hers back he mouthed out a 'bye'. The elf led her inside but she craned her head to watch the boy walk across the flagstone square. He was still waving at her. She smiled and raised her hand even higher, giving a final wiggle of her fingers before she slipped into Santa's Grotto.
Ah, the shape of things to come...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#98364 12/13/13 09:48 AM
U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Just saw the second half of the story!

"Red and blue do so go together," Clark challenged.
rotflol I guess now we know how Clark finally settled on the color of the Superman suit!

"Pah!" exclaimed Lois. "What planet were you born on. Everyone knows that you should never put two primary colours together."
What about three?

The elf led her inside but she craned her head to watch the boy walk across the flagstone square. He was still waving at her. She smiled and raised her hand even higher, giving a final wiggle of her fingers before she slipped into Santa's Grotto.
Great end. I like that Clark made more of an impression on her even than Santa! Definitely some foreshadowing going on... <g>

Ultra Lucille
#98365 12/13/13 06:14 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a nice story to read, on a break btw Christmas planning/wrapping tonight...loved it! thumbsup

"I know what the primary colours are," Clark shouted out to try and interrupt her. "And I'm free to wear whatever colour I choose, miss … smarty pants." Clark's pause before his insult, and lack of particularly biting insult also, showed his innocence when it came to this type of confrontation. "And just to prove you wrong I'm gonna wear all three together tomorrow."

"Oh honey, you don't have any yellow t-shirts," Martha looked down at her son adoringly, trying to stifle a laugh. He could easily supply the red and blue items but Clark didn't own anything remotely yellow.

Feeling defeated by his own mother Clark crossed his arms in a huff and turned back. He immediately noticed that there were only four people in line before him. Well, four children, three families. He wasn't counting the adults. His heart beat in anticipation. "Santa. I'm gonna see Santa soon. I know what to ask him for. I know," he whispered under his breath.
Great way to bring Superman some way into the story!...And to have Lois and Clark fighting each other about primary colors was really cute. Martha's comment about the lack of yellow t-shirts at the end was a fun way to end the conversation. Poor Clark blush ...

The flap opened and out stepped the nice lady who'd talked to her mother. Behind her came the young boy. He looked up and met her eyes then smiled and lifted his hand to wave as he walked off. As she raised hers back he mouthed out a 'bye'. The elf led her inside but she craned her head to watch the boy walk across the flagstone square. He was still waving at her. She smiled and raised her hand even higher, giving a final wiggle of her fingers before she slipped into Santa's Grotto.
Perfect ending--they sure made an impression on each other! dance

Wonderful story...post any and all you have (please). The WAFFier the better smile !

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#98366 12/14/13 04:37 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I giggled throughout. Fun story!

#98367 12/14/13 05:27 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Little Lois was just great, her interaction with Clark so much like her. Great job. clap

KateB
#98368 12/14/13 10:46 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Victoria!

Description: Clark visits Metropolis for a 'Christmas away' with his parents and ends up waiting in line with an annoying girl to see Santa.
hyper

Adorable tale!
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#98369 12/14/13 08:18 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But... But... But what did they ask for???? Oh, come on! You're leaving us hanging here. wink <<Let's see, Clark wants a yellow belt to go with his red shirt and his blue jeans, and Lois wants her article about the review of the school's corporal punishment of first graders who speak words her teacher doesn't understand published on the front page of Metropolis Elementary News?>> Nah, the truth is they both want a new friend to Christmas. laugh Santa always delivers.

Cute. After hearing the bickering between my two little ones the last few days (so much for my Christmas gift of 'not saying anything if there's nothing nice to be said' for the month of Dec.), Lois blaming Lucy for the tugging of Clark's scarf is totally in character and age appropriate (it'll stop in their 40s, right?)

Keep 'em coming, Katherine. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#98370 12/15/13 09:12 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Annie B.:
]Please do overload us. smile1
Well, maybe. Next one has been posted.

First Christmas

Originally posted by Ultra Lucille:
Ooh! Another Christmas story! thumbsup
Yeah, their 'balance' started even this early!

Originally posted by LMA:
Great way to bring Superman some way into the story!...And to have Lois and Clark fighting each other about primary colors was really cute. Martha's comment about the lack of yellow t-shirts at the end was a fun way to end the conversation. Poor Clark blush ...
*grins* It was amusing.

Originally posted by LMA:
Perfect ending--they sure made an impression on each other! dance

Wonderful story...post any and all you have (please). The WAFFier the better smile !

Laura
Thank you. Next story has been posted.

KatherineKent/Victoria
#98371 12/15/13 09:14 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by AmyPrime:
I giggled throughout. Fun story!
Thank you. It's supposed to make you giggle at the cuteness. Glad it worked.

Originally posted by KateB:
Little Lois was just great, her interaction with Clark so much like her. Great job. hyper
Yeah, hope you liked the unexpected end. They both definitely made a friend that day, even if neither of them would ever acknowledge it.

Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Adorable tale!
wave Michael
Thanks.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
But... But... But what did they ask for???? Oh, come on! You're leaving us hanging here. wink <<Let's see, Clark wants a yellow belt to go with his red shirt and his blue jeans, and Lois wants her article about the review of the school's corporal punishment of first graders who speak words her teacher doesn't understand published on the front page of Metropolis Elementary News?>> Nah, the truth is they both want a new friend to Christmas. laugh Santa always delivers.
What were their wishes? Well, I wrote this a few years ago and I can tell you that I DID know at the time, but I've now forgotten.

LOL

Actually. Clark's was something to do with a toy tractor (or maybe even the real and broken tractor in the barn back home), and Lois' was to do with her mother's drinking.

So, Christmas fic No 2 from me is now up. First Christmas

KatherineKent/Victoria
#98372 12/16/13 09:41 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois is *older*? [Dizzy]

Well, is she? Or did she lie? I'll leave that you to you to think about.
help

Yeah, hope you liked the unexpected end.
[Linked Image] Was adorable.

They both definitely made a friend that day, even if neither of them would ever acknowledge it.
LOIS: Ugh. He smelled. Like a cow.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

#98373 01/19/14 07:12 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
help
Sorry, have I sent your hero on a pedestal crashing to the floor. *looks contrite*

They both definitely made a friend that day, even if neither of them would ever acknowledge it.
LOIS: Ugh. He smelled. Like a cow.
Clark: No, you smell.
Lois: You.
Clark: No you.

ad infinitum

KatherineKent/Victoria
#98374 01/26/14 12:15 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry, have I sent your hero on a pedestal crashing to the floor. *looks contrite*
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard