Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comment away. Part 2 ... hmmm ... when I feel like posting it devil

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I am thoroughly enjoying this story, and I am eager to see the next part.

I am doubly appreciative because my very first L&C story was along a similar theme, but you are handling it far more adeptly than I had done. Brava!

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<snicker>

Yes, he's in trouble. But he'll enjoy it.

Part 2? Now? Just asking.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
smile1 Yep, that could be a problem - this is why I had my version of Supergirl enter a Supergirl look-alike competition, so that she could say "yes, I look a lot like her, but so did the other sixteen entries" or words to that effect.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
eek Clark's in trouble now. How is going to wear that shirt without giving anything away? He could wear it to bed as a pajama shirt, maybe. I can picture Lois berating him for not supporting the SM foundation by not purchasing any Superman memorabilia. (Sure, that's why *Lois* buys all the stuff, right? wink )

"Oh, come on Clark," she chattered, "it's not such an odd thing to give you," obviously misinterpreting the look on his face. "I'm actually surprised you don't have one already. I mean he is your best friend, or is that you are his? I know he and I are close, but I think you and he are closer. I guess that's cause you are both guys. Anyway I know you admire him. I'm sure there's even a little hero worship in there. So I don't understand why you don't already have a Superman t-shirt. I do. And you saw my pyjamas." Lois voice, although she continued to speak, faded away and Clark was suddenly back in their hotel room on the first night of the conference.
I had to read that line twice to get the other meaning. At first, I thought Lois was saying Clark was both CK and SM hyper Thanks for joining in on the Exotic Locale Challenge too. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ditto to what VirginiaR said about that particular line. Loved the story so far and love the romantic edge to it. Can't wait for part 2!

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't wait to see where you go with this. I chuckled at the first part -- it'll be great to see Part 2.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes! So happy to see this on the boards! Fun to beta, even more fun to read!!! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
led them straight out onto the beach at the Hampton rather than walk back to the Holiday Inn.
This might sound weird, but that's the best Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in. Love Pensacola!!! Also the most beautiful beach I've ever been to.

clap Definitely in big trouble! I can't wait to read the next part! Love this story so far! dance

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I guess that's cause you are both guys.
At first I, too, thought she was saying he was Clark and Superman. Great line! thumbsup

So they are sharing a room. Are they sharing the bed, too? blush

Don't you feel like posting part 2 today? wink Please? grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
I am thoroughly enjoying this story, and I am eager to see the next part.

I am doubly appreciative because my very first L&C story was along a similar theme, but you are handling it far more adeptly than I had done. Brava!

Joy,
Lynn
Thanks Lynn. Wow, never realised you'd done this. Went to find it and it's great. A short little snippet. Can't believe you specifically did it as a birthday present too. Plus, this was supposed to be my first LnC fic, but I was soo unhappy with how it was going to start with that I kept putting it off, and 2 others came out in the mean time. LOL.

Originally posted by ChiefPam:
<snicker>

Yes, he's in trouble. But he'll enjoy it.

Part 2? Now? Just asking.

PJ
In trouble? Clark? Naaaa. And you want part 2 do you?

Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
smile1 Yep, that could be a problem - this is why I had my version of Supergirl enter a Supergirl look-alike competition, so that she could say "yes, I look a lot like her, but so did the other sixteen entries" or words to that effect.
Awesome idea. I'm actually of the belief that Clark and Superman actually look enough different in normal circumstances that people are going to be no more suspicious than 2 blonde haired friends I had in my teen years that used to borrow each other's ID, but they were not even sisters.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
eek Clark's in trouble now. How is going to wear that shirt without giving anything away? He could wear it to bed as a pajama shirt, maybe. I can picture Lois berating him for not supporting the SM foundation by not purchasing any Superman memorabilia. (Sure, that's why *Lois* buys all the stuff, right? wink )
Thanks. Yes, Lois really thinks he should be supporting his best friend much better in the logo/merchandise department.

I had to read that line twice to get the other meaning. At first, I thought Lois was saying Clark was both CK and SM hyper Thanks for joining in on the Exotic Locale Challenge too. laugh [/QB]
You haven't seen all the flashbacks yet.

Ooh, and another one who wants part 2 ...

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by magical:
Ditto to what VirginiaR said about that particular line. Loved the story so far and love the romantic edge to it. Can't wait for part 2!
Yeah, it's a clever line. And another one after part 2.

Originally posted by Annie B.:
I can't wait to see where you go with this. I chuckled at the first part -- it'll be great to see Part 2.
Thanks.

Hmm. Guess I may need to post part 2 soon.

Originally posted by Morgana:
Yes! So happy to see this on the boards! Fun to beta, even more fun to read!!! clap Definitely in big trouble! I can't wait to read the next part! Love this story so far! dance
Everyone is sure that Clark is in trouble. I have no idea why. grovel

Andreia </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmm, maybe I do feel like posting part 2...

KatherineKent/Victoria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark wearing a tight Superman T-shirt (oh, you just know that Lois would have bought him a tight-fitting shirt!)... could be trouble! laugh

Looking forward to the next part!

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Clark wearing a tight Superman T-shirt (oh, you just know that Lois would have bought him a tight-fitting shirt!)... could be trouble! laugh

Lois:It is not my fault that they did not have any bigger ones than the one I ordered. Well, OK, maybe I did suggest to my friend Joe Malloy that he should buy all his teammates on the west coast football team he plays with Superman shirts, but I really did get Clark the largest shirt then in stock.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
clap this is a very fun story.

Lois and Clark are sharing a hotel room, again. Interesting.

I have to admit I totally did not see another possible meaning to Lois's "you are both guys" line. That they are both males was the only way I saw it.

Well, this is a really fun story. Hmm, better go read part 2.

John Pack Lambert
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:

Yup. Of course it is going to be tight fitting!!! Wouldn't be half as much fun otherwise.

Originally posted by John Lambert:
Lois:It is not my fault that they did not have any bigger ones than the one I ordered. Well, OK, maybe I did suggest to my friend Joe Malloy that he should buy all his teammates on the west coast football team he plays with Superman shirts, but I really did get Clark the largest shirt then in stock.
clap this is a very fun story.

Lois and Clark are sharing a hotel room, again. Interesting.

I have to admit I totally did not see another possible meaning to Lois's "you are both guys" line. That they are both males was the only way I saw it.

Well, this is a really fun story. Hmm, better go read part 2. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks. And yes ... go and read part 2.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Victoria!

A T-Shirt Revelation
Hmm… Summer. Beach. Water. Lois in a t-shirt. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
<strong> Summer. Beach. Water. Lois in a t-shirt. wave Michael
Thanks

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL. I see where your mind went then.
[Linked Image]

Aww, are you disappointed now?
Nah, that’s okay smile

Expenses submitted by Lois Lane: Travel expenses to NY - $2.00 coffee. Travel expenses to Washington - $5.00 coffee and doughnut.

Accountant: "Where's the flight tickets?"
Lois: "Didn't go by plane."
Accountant: "Oh, train ticket?"
Lois: "Nope."
Accountant: "Mileage and fuel?"
Lois: "Nope"
Accountant: "Then how did you get there?"
Lois: "I flew. But I said I didn't go by 'plane'"
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am loving this story so far--so glad part two and three are already posted hyper ....

I guess that's cause you are both guys.
I only saw it as they were both males also when I first read it...

Panic set in immediately. His hair, plastered down against his head and without his glasses, was sure to give the game away. He dropped the luggage in an attempt to stop her but it was too late. He was soon relieved to see that she was more concerned with finding a dry spot on the hem of her jacket to wipe his lenses with, than what he looked like without them. His heart beat wildly as he waited for her to notice. He ran his hands through his hair to ruffle it up, distancing his current look as far as was possible from Superman. He then resolved to just take his chances and he simply stood there waiting.
Almost got caught there! Creative scene to get Clark's blood pressure on the rise...great idea!

Clark nearly jumped in shock. He gulped, turned away from the enticing sight of the woman he loved and then stood, reaching for his towel. As he strode across the room he noticed Lois taking off her robe. When his peripheral vision caught sight of bright blue and a familiar symbol in red and yellow he turned in surprise. She tried to hide what she was wearing by climbing under the covers as quickly as possible, but it was too late, he had seen her.

He turned to her and chuckled. "Lois!" he said, “I can’t believe it! Superman pyjamas?”
Loved how you had her in the Superman pjs, like she was wearing first season...sets up her gift to Clark in a creative way!

Love the concept of the story--getting them to a beach, to a hotel room (together), gift giving, Clark sweating it and on edge is always fun, a bit of romance...Awesome!!! And off to part 2 I go wave

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard