Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Story can be found here. If you haven't yet had a chance, yet, check out Clark's POV “While I Slept” .

Thanks again to my wonderful Beta readers IolantheAlias and Mrs. Luthor. notworthy

Comments always welcome.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/28/14 12:14 PM.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
this is lovely. And Lois is just the queen of missed opportunities, isn't she.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
katie123: Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
And Lois is just the queen of missed opportunities, isn't she.
Well, she takes advantage of that rare opportunity given to her in "While I Slept" - Clark's POV. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Very fun! I enjoyed how you integrated Griffin trying to shove her in the blender and Lois saying 'We don't serve blended drinks here!' with Clark/Superman coming to save her in the dream. It was a very realistic-sounding dream (realistic *as* a dream, that is!).

I really liked that you ended with the revelation (the look on Lois's face must have been priceless lol ). Although, having read 'While You Slept,' I just have to say it's amazing that Lois didn't immediately wake him up to make him explain.

I'm sure glad he actually told her this time, though…

Ultra Lucille
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ultra Lucille: I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was afraid it got buried because the title is so similar to Clark's POV.
Very fun! I enjoyed how you integrated Griffin trying to shove her in the blender and Lois saying 'We don't serve blended drinks here!' with Clark/Superman coming to save her in the dream. It was a very realistic-sounding dream (realistic *as* a dream, that is!).
That's what I was going for. I did have an earlier draft, which the dream had Lois working in a diner with Clark ordering breakfast, but when I rewatched the Prankster episode I saw that she specifically says that she worked in cocktail bar, I had to change it. I wanted the dream to be realistic enough but odd enough that Lois wouldn't fully know if she was awake or dreaming when she hears Clark talking in his sleep.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I really liked that you ended with the revelation (the look on Lois's face must have been priceless smile1

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I liked this story a lot. The dream was actually more normal than I ever imagined it would be with how Lois described it.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks, John. I'm glad you liked it. smile1
I liked this story a lot. The dream was actually more normal than I ever imagined it would be with how Lois described it.
Sometimes dreams are normal with just strange elements to it. Like looking down and finding you're wearing different clothes or that time has sped way up. Or some crazy man is trying to stick your head into a blender, which it obviously won't fit into. I've always felt that dreams are your subconscious's way of trying to figure things out, hence why it understands that Clark can cross the room and flatten both Griffin and the blender in a second flat.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I remember that song.

Oh yes, talking in your sleep can lead to trouble! Poor Clark! shock

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Morgana: I find music an oddly inspiring muse. I often think what Lois and Clark could be thinking at certain times and how the characters would react to hearing certain songs, or if a fic come from the plot of a song. This one jumped out at me and begged to be written.
I remember that song.
I liked the song, but I remember finding the video quite unbelievable even back in the 80's.

Oh yes, talking in your sleep can lead to trouble! Poor Clark!
Good thing it was Lois, instead of Perry and Jimmy while they were off on some fishing trip then. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]
quote: /psst. the prequel While You Slept... already up for your viewing pleasure./

/notices subtle hint/ Alas...Not unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest or teleport me off this rock.
[img]http://tinyurl.com/pe83837[/img]

she had found any excuse to touch Clark or embrace him… all in the name of friendship, of course.
With benefits?

It was as if coming in contact with Clark, allowed some of his inner strength to seep into her, giving her strength too.
Awwww, he’s auraing her wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Wow! A comment out of the blue. Thanks, Michael. smile1
she had found any excuse to touch Clark or embrace him… all in the name of friendship, of course.
ER: /suggests/ With benefits?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Awwww, he’s auraing her love
CLARK: What? No, I swear I haven't... *whating* her?

She really has no clue about guys, huh?
LOIS: Come on, Michael. It almost makes it sound like if I show him my bra he'd be mine. He has more depth than that.
CLARK: I do? [Linked Image] I mean, I do.

So she can get more tips?
You mean like 'you forgot your pants'?

/points at her attire/ We know.
CLARK: How professional are you?
LEX: Don't even try it. She's too rich for your money.
LOIS: hyper Guess what, Clark. I'm the third richest person in the world and now own a global corporation called LexCorp.
LEX: See, too rich.
CLARK: Lois! What did you do?
/I really shouldn't write FDK after watching That 70s Show reruns, because suddenly Lois sounds like Jackie in my head, and Clark like Hyde./
LOIS: /after convincing EW that we couldn't leave ER with the wrong impression/ Nothing.
LEX: And that was just for a kiss.
CLARK: Ewww. You kissed him? For money? Lois!
LOIS: I'm donating it all to the Superman Foundation.
LEX: Nooooooooooooooooo!
/Yeah, definitely no more That 70s Show before answering FDK, because now Lex sounds like Fez/

Awww, he knows it, too clap
CLARK: /scoffing/ it's not like I landed here from Krypton yesterday... eek not that I'm from Krypton or anyplace that isn't Kansas.

/checks plan/ Nope.
What is this? A Tank story?

Awww…he’s sleep loving.
CLARK: Ooops.

Oops?
evil

Now there's only my other Prankster rewrite. Hmmmm. What was it called again? Uninvited Visitor . But maybe you should wait awhile until this one fades. You need not worry, though, I only wrote these two...er... three. laugh I'm still stuck on my other two stories. My UW rewrite and that one with Alt-Clark... What was that called again? Right. Wrong Clark. Thanks for popping by.

VirginiaR.
---
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOIS: /after convincing EW that we couldn't leave ER with the wrong impression/ Nothing.
Shouldn't that be IR (Innocent Reader)?

peep

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Kismatt:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> LOIS: /after convincing EW that we couldn't leave ER with the wrong impression/ Nothing.
Shouldn't that be IR (Innocent Reader)?

laugh Well, since Michael gave me the nickname Evil Writer (which I share with the others in the Evil Writer's Club... namely Deadly Chakram, who like me, likes to torture our characters on a regular basis), I returned the favor and gave him the nickname of Evil Reader, since he always seems to find the dark side of everything I write in his comments. /It's amazing how I hardly ever use the word *hard* anymore to describe anything... especially anything which could also be described as difficult./

So, are you an IR, Kismatt? wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! A comment out of the blue. Thanks, Michael.
[Linked Image] Sometimes, one has time to read new stuff!

CLARK: What? No, I swear I haven't... *whating* her?
Exposing her to his aura. Making her feel all warm and fuzzy and floaty.

LOIS: Come on, Michael. It almost makes it sound like if I show him my bra he'd be mine. He has more depth than that.
CLARK: I do? <is looking through jewelry catalogue in preparation of Lois flashing some lace> I mean, I do.
blush

quote:So she can get more tips?

You mean like 'you forgot your pants'?
Yes. Those.

/I really shouldn't write FDK after watching That 70s Show reruns, because suddenly Lois sounds like Jackie in my head, and Clark like Hyde./
hyper The sequel to Missing Lois?

and that one with Alt-Clark... What was that called again? Right. Wrong Clark.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Sometimes, one has time to read new stuff!
dizzy Eric? ERIC? Oh, come on, man. Don't make me, Eric. I mean, I act like a geek and my clothes are a bit big, but under this business suit, I'm all...
LOIS: rotflol

LOIS: Thank you, Michael. Thank you very much /'accidentally' gives Michael's address to SM as to where hidden nukes are kept/
ooops?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
676 Park Avenue.

Not familiar with that address.
Oops? Should have been 666 Park Avenue . The building’s owner then made Lex pay up his contract.

Not familiar with that address. No, Lex asked what it would take to get a kiss from her and Lois said 'all your wealth', so Lex gave her all his wealth and she gave him a peck on the cheek. <Lois doing Lex like she does Dan>
DAN: Hey!
laugh

CLARK: [Dizzy] Eric? ERIC? Oh, come on, man. Don't make me, Eric. I mean, I act like a geek and my clothes are a bit big, but under this business suit, I'm all...
LOIS: angel-devil Michael?
What? The guy who got the hot girl and didn’t cheat on her?

What? I have my characters hear voices once, maybe twice and I get a rep for life?
The lady with the cuckoo characters? wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Should have been 666 Park Avenue . The building’s owner then made Lex pay up his contract.
What? Lex doesn't live on "Lex Ave." or "Luthor Dr."? What is Metropolis coming to?

CLARK: [Dizzy] Eric? ERIC? Oh, come on, man. Don't make me, Eric. I mean, I act like a geek and my clothes are a bit big, but under this business suit, I'm all...
LOIS: angel-devil Michael?
ER: What? The guy who got the hot girl and didn’t cheat on her?
Okay, you've got a point. I could have said Fez. The cute but weird guy from some far off land, who loves candy and spending time with himself until he patiently gets the girl at the end (or so I've heard, I've still got 30 episodes left).

EW: What? I have my characters hear voices once, maybe twice and I get a rep for life?
ER: The lady with the cuckoo characters?
Well, that's better than the crazy lady who's characters talk to her. wink

I'm hoping maybe some aging on my hard drive will get it (or me) clarity.
LOIS: /mad/ What does she mean by ‘she’s letting me age’?
No, no, Lois. You never 'age'. You're immortal. The story on the other hand...

Falling Slowly. And On the Other Hand + Unanswered Prayers. Backwards+ff. The Assignment + ff.
Hmmm. Sounds like you have some recommendations for the L&C FanFiction Reader\'s Club . After this month's dark suggestions, we're in desperate need of something light, fluffy, and hopefully with tons of HOPE... and not written by me to kick off the new year.

LOIS: Thank you, Michael. Thank you very much /'accidentally' gives Michael's address to SM as to where hidden nukes are kept/

ER: Does that mean I should put the Kryptonite away and not set up the power-transference cage?
Probably. SM passed the information on to the NIA. You don't want THEIR powers.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What? Lex doesn't live on "Lex Ave." or "Luthor Dr."? What is Metropolis coming to?
LOIS: /ticks off item on list/

Okay, you've got a point. I could have said Fez. The cute but weird guy from some far off land, who loves candy and spending time with himself until he patiently gets the girl at the end (or so I've heard, I've still got 30 episodes left).
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You know, this reminds me…A sequel to Fireworks would be fun, too, considering there’s fireworks involved in the New Year activities…
It would, wouldn't it? But the only sequel ideas I could come up with were 'what happened to Lois between Disney World and Clark being hired at DP' which would be a quite involved story. You know, only of my mid-length, 20+ Parts ones. So, until I come up with something shorter that I can whip out in a few days, it'll be on the back burner. Sometimes, the fun though is in the not-knowing and guessing. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It would, wouldn't it? But the only sequel ideas I could come up with were 'what happened to Lois between Disney World and Clark being hired at DP' which would be a quite involved story.
Or their struggle in becoming partners? And hunting Lex down? Lois being Clark’s fiancée when she meets Lex could be quite fun, no?

Sometimes, the fun though is in the not-knowing and guessing.
What’s that? A fortune cookie?

wink

wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard