Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#93714 03/04/13 08:14 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, I know this is a semi-Christmas story (at least, timeline wise), but it got delayed because I hadn't come up with the proper ending. The ending here is slightly different than over on the Nfic boards, where I was informed the newest Baby Kent's name wasn't obvious enough.

Let me know what you think. smile1 Comments appreciated, and feed the writer's soul.

All In A Name (Gfic) TOC

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/01/14 11:57 AM. Reason: Edited Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Cute. Love the reference to Super Hero Anonymous meetings.

Joan

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“It would be especially bad if your secret identity were blown. We’d have to change his name as well as yours,” Lois said. “Anyway, I like you being unique.” She didn’t want both “Clarks” come when she called to one of them, or neither, thinking she was calling to the other.
I think that should be "both "Clarks" to come".

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Thanks for the feedback. laugh
Cute. Love the reference to Super Hero Anonymous meetings.
Glad you enjoyed that glimpse into Clark's social life. wink

John: Thank you for the quick edit. All fixed.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
AS I said on the other side of the boards, great fun! I totally get the "baby name angst" - being in the beginning stages of that myself. Love the edit you made to the end - it was a bit ambiguous on the nfic boards. Works a lot better here, so, thanks for that. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
AS I said on the other side of the boards, great fun! I totally get the "baby name angst" - being in the beginning stages of that myself. Love the edit you made to the end - it was a bit ambiguous on the nfic boards. Works a lot better here, so, thanks for that. smile
Thanks. I like the other ending line though. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Actually, Lane James Kent is a good name. It gives us a chance to remember a wonderful character and the great actor who portrayed him.

Just a thought.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Actually, Lane James Kent is a good name. It gives us a chance to remember a wonderful character and the great actor who portrayed him.

Just a thought.
Morgana: Thanks for the suggestion. If you remember, Lois DID think that was a good name (as did I). But one thing I always made sure of when I was picking out names for my offspring, is that it's good to have something you can yell when someone has cut up your new curtains while playing with scissors, (Sadly, a true story), or when one is on a crowded playground and it's time to go home and your little tike is blissfully ignoring you (a common occurance). Lane James while a good name, trips one's tongue.

I'm going to assume the actor and character to whom you are referring is Lane Smith, who portrayed Perry White, and who has sadly passed away, and not Lane Davies who portrayed Tempus and is still alive. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Lane Smith definitely!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard