Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For all of you who really hate the Soul Mates curse. I hope you enjoyed this alternate ending.

Comments?

This version of Myxy is inspired more from the comics version than the one shown on LnC. In the comics he was known to impersonate people.

The Truth about Soul Mates TOC

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/01/14 12:08 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
/spews water across computer, then shakes fist at Virginia for having made me spew water on my computer again... /

wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Psssst! Mouse! The smilie site is http://cosgan.de/smilie.php.

Virginia - What a delightfully fun mix-up! I always did think the whole idea of a curse was limp. (Even if I do adore the episode itself.) Mxy was a perfect choice to don the appearance of Wells too. smile

Best Super Short story for 2012? Perhaps!!!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
rotflol So funny! Mxyzptlk is always such a fun 'villain!'

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Mxyzptlk!! OMG, Mxy! He's been on my mind a lot lately what with the use of the 5th dimension in the current incarnation of the comics (I couldn't read action for all it's convolutedness in part because of it.)

The inter-reality travel with Mxyzptlk would explain Tempus as their soul "devil" instead of Luthor.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
How evil! eek

I've got to admit, this explanation actually makes *sense*! o_O And if H.G. Wells was Mxyzptlk all this time... Yeah, that explains almost every episode he was in, I think. Brava, Virginia! clap

~•~
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
How evil! eek

I've got to admit, this explanation actually makes *sense*! o_O And if H.G. Wells was Mxyzptlk all this time... Yeah, that explains almost every episode he was in, I think. Brava, Virginia! clap
I was about to say it didn't explain John Doe for president until I remembered that Wells was in it right at the end, wasn't he?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hahahahaha! rotflol

The perfect explanation for the roller coaster rides these two had to go on in the last couple seasons. Cute and clever, Virginia. smile

Kathy

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, this does make everything make more sense. It never makes sense why if Wells can time travel he shows up just after Lois and Clark get married. Why not show up before their marriage to warn them?

John Pack Lambert
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap Love it! clap clap

This *is* my happily ever after.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you all for support and warm comments on my silly short. smile1

Mouserocks: Sorry about your [Linked Image] Why I don't drink anything but coffee by the computer, and only when I'm writing. Otherwise, only cookies and popcorn allowed by my computer.

Loved this! That's the perfect explanation for that whole little detour. Myxy is perfect for that role, too! I always was under the assumption that he was more about having fun than destroying Superman, too, even in LnC. Though that might be skewed by my comics perspective, too.
Thanks. I always thought that about Myxy too. He was more like, why doesn't Superman appreciate my jokes? We could have so much *fun* together. DC post the Smilie link, BTW.

Deadly Chakram: Thanks. I love the time travel episodes, Tempus, and Wells. If my loyal readers hadn't noticed. laugh I love irony.

Best Super Short story for 2012? Perhaps!!!
blush Thanks.

AntiKryponite Thank you. Any villains name which nobody can spell has potential in my book. clap

Christina: Thanks. I knew you'd appreciate this story. If I hadn't dedicated this story to Mrs. Luthor, I would have dedicated it to you. I know how much you HATE the curse. LOL. Wells was in "Lois and Clarks", the final John Doe episode.

The inter-reality travel with Mxyzptlk would explain Tempus as their soul "devil" instead of Luthor.
The writers missed a great tag scene at the end this episode! clap

Queen of Capes: Glad you enjoyed my little bit of wickedness. evil

I've got to admit, this explanation actually makes *sense*! o_O And if H.G. Wells was Mxyzptlk all this time... Yeah, that explains almost every episode he was in, I think. Brava, Virginia!
As a big fan of Alt-Clark, I couldn't make him one of Myxy's mirages. Sorry. wink But I thought he worked fine for this episode.

Kathy: Thanks. Glad to have entertained you.

John: Thank you. I always wondered about Wells's lack of tactful timing during "Soul Mates" as well. "I'm not too late, am I? You haven't consummated, have you?" [Linked Image]

HappyGirl: blush Thanks for the applause.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Haha well your way makes more sense than the original. Very cute!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by jackiek:
Haha well your way makes more sense than the original. Very cute!
Thanks. blush

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Truth About Soul Mates
So, what do we have here?

Description: For all of you who really hate the Soul Mates curse.
Hey, that one’s lots of fun! It keeps Lois frustrated.

Try to remember that the next time the gods…” he said, looking up and shaking his fist in jest. “— decide to test you.”
Is that still from the show?

With the elevator doors closed, Wells made a fast spin. He changed from a mustached man from the late 1800s into goateed imp from the fifth dimension
Huh.

Myxy
/whispers/ The first ‘y’ is a typo.

and on an unnecessary two-day detour through time to change a curse that had never really existed. He gave a little clap. How gullible these fools were!
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
So, what do we have here?
A joke with a secret identity as a story?

Hey, that one’s lots of fun! It keeps Lois frustrated.
I've always thought so.

Try to remember that the next time the gods…” he said, looking up and shaking his fist in jest. “— decide to test you.”

ER: Is that still from the show?
clap Yes. Yes, it is.

Myxy

ER: /whispers/ The first ‘y’ is a typo.
That's why I changed it to Mxyzptlk for the Archive, but it's even harder to spell.

So, what was supposed to happen during their first Christmas together? And will he keep Clark away on his first anniversary. The births of his kids? His son’s first baseball game. His daughter’s first ballet recital? Graduations? During the divorce hearing?
Sounds like you've got some ideas for other stories bouncing around in that head of yours. Mxy can be quite fun.

ER: <<starts to argue with what the writers did to Clark and Lois on the show>>
Once history has been written it can't be changed, Michael. Or can it? wink

That was mean fun, Virginia!
Thank you. An Amuse Bouche of evil stories.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A joke with a secret identity as a story?
drool

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is it worrisome when one knows how to spell Mxyzptlk without checking up on the spelling? Also, you could always put Mxy into Word’s auto-correct dictionary.
I already have lowercase Lois, Clark, and Superman, and all my common mis-typings of those names, and Ultra Woman, etc. too. By adding Mxy, wouldn't that be tempting me to write more stories about him?

One can always have HG try. And try. And try again. He can’t possibly make it worse, no can he?
Maybe you should read "Wrong Clark" for that answer. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
By adding Mxy, wouldn't that be tempting me to write more stories about him?
Aaaaaand your point being? [Linked Image]

Maybe you should read "Wrong Clark" for that answer.
True. Maybe I *should* read some more of that story…

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aaaaaand your point being? <<ER ready to read more stories>>
Um... I'm busy? laugh

True. Maybe I *should* read some more of that story…
Well, if *you* insist. I won't stop you. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard