Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fireworks TOC

I've wanted to write a romance set at Disney World for a long time (I even have several plot bunnies sketched out), but this is the first one I've come up with including LnC. They may have the slogan "Most Magical Place on Earth" but I have always considered it "One of the Most Romantic places on Earth".

Length: 2 Parts + an Epilogue (because I couldn't resist). I'll post part two in a couple of days and then the Epilogue a few days after that.

I was going for sweet, innocent romance, definitely PG (being that Lois is 16), so please let me know if you think it falls over into PG-13 anywhere blush (probably with that darn skank Lana!)

Please let me know what you think.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/01/14 01:10 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww. Sweet story.

My family went to Disneyland when I was 14 and my sister was 16. We didn't meet any Clark's - no summertime romances for us. But we did have fun.

I will admit I was a bit concerned (well, maybe 'concerned' is too strong a word, but I was struck) by the fact that Lois was only 16. However, after reading, yes, I think you are achieving your goal of sweet, innocent (PG) romance. (As long as the title isn't meant to be a double-entendre! smile )

Looking forward to reading more...

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
Kerth
Good thing she hasn't interpreted all the "he's different" comments as meaning Clark's gay or something...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Excellent beginnning! clap

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
Very sweet! Loved this story, and I can't wait to see what happens next! Though I think I have an idea what the context of "fireworks" is... By the way, I am going to get back to Wrong Clark, but I just don't have a whole lot of time right now... midterms are this/next week so I'm in over my head right now.

PS: Um... I believe the Zip-a-dee-doo-dah part comes after the 50 foot drop, not before. Just a side note. wink

More soon, please! laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Vicki: blush Hmmmm. razz But I'm guessing NOT. Although I did mention previously a probable dark-sided "Water Fight" story (my other ficathon topic) this one isn't it.

Marcus: thumbsup

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That heat had nothing on the 98 percent humidity that was Florida in mid-June with one hundred percent teenage hormones on rampage.
Huh. What’s Lois doing in Florida?

She couldn’t believe her mother,
Oh. I See.

Almost as much as she could believe her father double-booking himself at a medical conference during the same time.
Will, doctors’ conferences are usually at tropical resorts.

At least the medical conference was being held at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando,
Nice one!

so their father had no other option than to buy his daughters week-long passes to the park while he was busy conferencing.
He’d better. Did he also include the Epcot Center and MGM studios?

It was the best family vacation yet, one where she didn’t have to spend more than an hour a day – if that – with her family.
Does odd cry/laugh combo.

Lucy and Lois had latched onto a group of other teenage girls whose parents had dragged them to the conference.
/squints eyes/ How old is Lois? And how old is Lucy?

Unfortunately, they were all young teenage girls like Lucy. Fourteen was the median age, Lois being on the high end of that at almost seventeen.
Oh. So no grown-up boys on the radar. Unless you count Goofy.

She just had to suffer through one more year of high school and living at home with alchy mom,
Don’t worry, Lois, you’ll be living with Daddy soon and then move out when you hit 17.

. She should be a shoe-in, what with her internship at the Daily Planet starting when she returned to Metropolis,
Unless she gets pregnant in the Magic Kingdom’s Canal of Love?

Not to mention being valedictorian since… well, birth.
clap

He was kind of cute in that homespun sort of way, dark brown hair and bespectacled.
laugh

“Come on, Scout.
Sounds like Lana’s not to fond of her boyfriend’s boyscoutish ways.

Good for him! Bad for Lois.
laugh

It was hot, but Lois hadn’t met a teenage boy yet, who would turn down a chance to press himself closer to a willing girlfriend – no matter the weather.
He’s more into the hired farm help?

Lois wondered if she could figure it out before they got to the front of the line. There were so many annoying things about Blondie; narrowing it down would be difficult, but Lois was up to the challenge.
laugh

Blondie kissed Homespun’s neck and along his jaw to his mouth, and he seemed to stiffen at the action in discomfort.
Yeah. That’s pretty public.

She dropped the cutesy act, pouting, and overly sweet affection, and spoke to her boyfriend in what Lois assumed was her normal voice, “I’m going to get soaked, Clark.”
laugh

“This humidity has already done a number on my hair; if I get soaked I’m going to look like a drowned rat,” Blondie went on.
Oh boy.

Why did Blondie come to the amusement park in that dress?
It is more fashionable?

“I like the fifty foot drop. It makes me feel like I’m flying,” Homespun responded softly.
Awwwwww

“Flying?” Blondie scoffed with a shake of her hair. “Just what you need on top of everything else.”
laugh

“Oh, so it’s okay to hold a stranger’s place in line, but going and joining our friends wouldn’t be fair?” Blondie snapped.
Yes, actually.

What in the world was he doing with a witch like Blondie?
Does she really want to know that?

One good deed deserved another. “You know, I think I saw a shop over near the restrooms. I bet you could get a hat or poncho so you didn’t get wet,” Lois suggested.
laugh

but it wouldn’t be a good deed if she wasn’t giving Homespun a few minutes of peace.
laugh

She pointed out the gift shop to Blondie and called,
/imagines Lana decked out in Minni Mouse gear/

only to find Blondie’s arms around a completely different man with sandy blond hair.
Oops?

“I can’t believe you! Your boyfriend is so nice. How can you cheat on him?” she roared.
Lo-is! None of your business.

Blondie paled and glanced over her shoulder back towards where they had left Homespun.
That’s right. He can hear you.

“Just some nosy kid next to us in line, Joe,”
Kid? *Kid*? She’s almost 17!

“Why don’t you say that a little louder, kid? I bet they didn’t hear you in Metropolis. You wouldn’t understand.”
Yes, someone’s worried, all right.

“Clark wants to wait until marriage.”
/chokes/

running a hand up her leg and under her skirt. “Is that why you let me hit all those home runs?”
laugh She did. Apparently, it didn’t fit.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It’s not bad as being a cheating skank.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wave Welcome to my Ficathon short.

Huh. What’s Lois doing in Florida?
Hiding out from Mom?

Well, doctors’ conferences are usually at tropical resorts.
I wouldn't know. My dad always left us at home.

He’d better. Did he also include the Epcot Center and MGM studios?
Well, I don't know when MGM studios opened (double checked 1989), but Epcot opened in 1982 and I don't remember if they had park-hopper tickets by 1984, or if they were considered the same park. When I went (years ago) I don't remember there being park-hopping, but I was young and not prone to noticing such details.

Does odd cry/laugh combo.
Lois's family dinamics always leaves one with that dicotamy.

Oh. So no grown-up boys on the radar. Unless you count Goofy.
clap

Did his nose give it away?
He might be homespun, but he's not stupid.

Right. I’ll believe it when I see it.
Keep your eyes open. /and, no, she doesn't jump like Lana does/

Now she’s calling herself a kid, too? Hmm… She’s just one class behind Clark, isn’t she? Or is the senior trip after the senior year? Oops. So, she’s the nerdy sophomore crushing on the senior. Oops.
She's heading into senior year, he just graduated. She's calling herself a kid because Lana did, and she's feeling like that must be how he's thinking of her too.

Oh dear. Maybe Lana could misstep on the air port and cause the engine to malfunction?
Not recommended.

So, she broke up and now she’s back with him?
Nope. Never broke up with him.

He’s in 12B while Lana’s in 12A?
He's in the farmer class, and she's in the Daddy's rich class.

Yeah. They’ve adopted it when the majority of the town was bought up by a New Deli startup.
clap

He could go to jail for that. I believe they call it statutory rape even when they’re almost the same age but he’s already had his eighteenth birthday.
Not if they're only hanging out.

Sounds like she’s having a nice trip after all.
It's improving.

Either that or he’s afraid of intimacy with a stranger. Nah…
He or she?

Nah, he’s just too scared of it.
He'll outgrow that phobia eventually.

Awwww look who’s suddenly only sixteen instead of almost seventeen. /hugs baby-face Lois/
When you're a teenager, your age is all dependant on context.

Yes. Since he’s a certified virgin.
One who's turned down a Blonde.

Suddenly not so tough anymore?
Not hiding in terror.

That wasn’t in the plan, was it?
Her plan, not his.

Oops? Also, on the second read, *that’s* what she meant earlier, right?
clap

Famous last words.
Idealist at 16.

Oh, right. There’s more!
You know me. I need some more short story writing classes from Lynn. My stories tend to be: 1 part, 3 parts, 20 parts, or MORE. blush

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hiding out from Mom?
Isn’t that a bit excessi- Oh. Right. My bad.

I wouldn't know. My dad always left us at home.
See, Sam doesn’t look like such a bad dad all of a sudden, doesn’t he? wink

Well, I don't know when MGM studios opened (double checked 1989),
Huh. I had no idea. /was there summer of…91, I think…

and I don't remember if they had park-hopper tickets by 1984,
Right. 84. grumble

quote:Oh, right. There’s more!

You know me. I need some more short story writing classes from Lynn. My stories tend to be: 1 part, 3 parts, 20 parts, or MORE.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right. 84. *young* Lois. /imagines Lois in 80s get-up/
Kind of like Cournty Cox in that Bruce Springstein video, only with long hair and shorts? I guess I could see where you got the idea where her shirt might have been white. [Linked Image]

No, I was thinking something between this: [Linked Image] and this: [Linked Image]
I just figured she moved in with her Dad for some reason? Since she said ‘living with her dad’ instead of ‘at home’.
Maybe Mom went into rehab and Lois and Lucy went to stay with Dad for a while and it didn't work out.

Lois meets her first great love, umm…Paul?
Sorry, does not compute.

ME: Daisy Duke

/goes googling/ Ahhhhhh-ha.
Of course, Clark would be more familiar with this one: [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sY23tWR-Jas/SQRho3BzjNI/AAAAAAAAAFI/jPOLprjQVE0/s400[/img] (She doesn't look anything whatsoever like Lois. [Linked Image])

She can do a remodel on him, clean him up, un-dent him and all? I’m sure he could be standing tall and proud for her if she really asked him nicely and applied herself. Even if he might be a bit blurry from time to time.
Ooooh. A fixer-upper boy-toy.

So, he would eventually realize what is going on if Lana asked Clark to wait outside while she takes Joe here for a testdrive?
Lana doesn't ask.

You mean for the plane? Don’t worry, the plane won’t blow up. They might have to switch the engine, though.
I meant for the other passengers as this Clark doesn't know he can fly yet.

Can you say ‘skank’?
Skank.

I just realized: She’d make a great concubine for Lord Nor.
rotflol LOIS: BTW, Kal-El, while I was in the holding pen, I ran into one of Clark's ex-girlfriends. I've convinced her that she really needs to get into the concubine business, because it really is the only way to move up in this new world order.

NOR: I've decided that I don't want Zara. You can keep her. I'd rather play with my new toy.

LANA: <<giggles>>

I don’t think so… No, wait, Lois was the one who lobbied for waiting, wasn’t she?
Yes, I think it was Lois too. Although why?

So, he *must* be honorable. OTOH, they could be a trio trolling for innocent schoolgirls they can later drag into the woods and …
shock Good thing she never mentioned her karate training to them.

You could put parts 1-10 (etc) into one post and thus do a nice, comfy 15 part story for Wrong Clark?
[Linked Image] Oh, dear, does that mean I should be only about 1/3 of the way done? Hmmm. I better start speeding up the timeline again.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kind of like Cournty Cox in that Bruce Springstein video, only with long hair and shorts? I guess I could see where you got the idea where her shirt might have been white.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Finally, a few minutes without my muse nagging me to write something, giving me the chance to review!

That heat had nothing on the 98 percent humidity that was Florida in mid-June with one hundred percent teenage hormones on rampage.
grumble

Lois’ bladder rejoiced.
Ahahahahahaha!

Guess he didn’t appreciate being spoken to like a dog.
Well, she doesn't even offer any treats when he obeys.

“Oh, Joe,” Blondie giggled again as ‘Joe’ kissed up her neck. “I couldn’t get away fast enough.”
rotflol Going home is gonna suck, huh, Lois?

“Damn straight!” she said, and then covered her mouth. Homespun was probably pretty religious to make a vow to wait until marriage in this day and age. Midwest farmer’s son and all. “Sorry.”

He raised an eyebrow. “A journalism major who apologies for her choice of words?” he teased.
Ahahahahahaha!

He grinned. “Yes, it was.”
<raises hand> I agree with Clark.

She wasn’t that kind of girl, but with Homespun she might make an exception.
Ha!

Instead of screaming, she bent forward and tucked herself up into a ball as the boat seemed to hover there for a moment before it fell.
My sister did this to avoid/try to avoid getting wet last time my family went! FYI - It didn't work.

“Wow. I wouldn’t even recognize you without your glasses. You look so different, like another guy entirely.”
<grin>

She’d keep the wet t-shirt look though.
Is it creepy if I agree?

“What?” Homespun asked, glancing at the pictures. He turned and pointed at her. “You ducked!”
Exactly what my sis did! <grin>

Ooooh! Now you've gone and done it. The perfect couple in the perfect place. I've wondered myself how to get them both to Disney for a fic. You win. Also, I was in Disney last October and now you've made me want to go back.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Lois's reasons for not getting wet explained in Part 2 FDK.

Ah, okay. So big hair but no shoulderpads.
Big hair pulled back into a ponytail, just regular t-shirt. wink

Well, she was pretty much infatuated with him. Paraphrasing her own words, there.
No, I mean, I don't write love between Lois and/or Clark and anyone else but a Clark or Lois (as the case maybe).

I can that, had Lois dressed like that to Disneyworld, Clark might have been the first alien to suffer from a cardiac disorder.
clap

/points at loooong list of issues canon Lois has/
But... but... but... he's Superman!

Also, I think Virginia found a new favorite smiley
Yes, I like that one, but trying to find new ones so these thud don't get old. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper New FDK! Hi Deadly Chakram!

Finally, a few minutes without my muse nagging me to write something, giving me the chance to review!
Soon your Muse will be too busy answering FDK to nag.

Hubby and I did Disney in July/August...twice. Why? I'm still not sure. It hit 105 one day and he passed out.
Well, we could say glutton for punishment, but we'll save that title for when you do it a third time.

Works for me.
Works for Lois. Works for Lucy. Only Ellen will be dance I'm going to Disney World!

Also, I was in Disney last October and now you've made me want to go back.
My dream (family) vacation is a week at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in one of those rooms with bunkbeds for the kids and a view of the savahanna. I'm not holding my breath though (since I was supposed to get it two years ago for my birthday, and I'm still waiting). Luckily, I'm not bitter and don't hold grudges. cool

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, if the engine failure happens before they take off...
/nods/ Why would Lana be in front of the engine while the place is in flight? Also, commercial planes can land just fine with only half their engines left.

But... but... but... he's Superman!
He's lost the glamor by then.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Soon your Muse will be too busy answering FDK to nag.
Or feedbacking feedback's feedback! wink

<counts>

Yeah, that sounds right.

Well, we could say glutton for punishment, but we'll save that title for when you do it a third time.
Well, to be fair, the second time was sort of a First Anniversary get-away, since we left like 2 days after our anniversary.

Yes, but cats have more hair therefore makes more sense. A drowned rat and a dry rat don't look too different. Now, a wet long-haired cat and a dry one...
clap

Oh, sorry, did I ruin your image of Lana?
Actually, the fact that she's only cheating with one guy instead of with the entire football team almost sort of improves my image of her. wink

My daughter was in the third from the back seat and did this. My son and I in the back row got soaked. She was perfectly dry. Doesn't work in the front row though. Works best in the middle of the boat.
I think my sis was in the middle or back too. My dad and I were in the seat in front of her. We went to see the pic afterwards (I usually wear a poncho on this one - especially since this was a January trip and not at all warm out) and it's was like "That's us. Where's Diana? What'd you do? Duck?" She laughed, said yes, and was still wet. wink

Lois: So, Superman you've saved the Earth from a giant asteroid, what's up next for you?

Superman: I'm going to Disney World!
rotflol

My dream (family) vacation is a week at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in one of those rooms with bunkbeds for the kids and a view of the savahanna. I'm not holding my breath though (since I was supposed to get it two years ago for my birthday, and I'm still waiting). Luckily, I'm not bitter and don't hold grudges.
Oooh, nice! We were at Coronado Springs last October. Next time I want to stay in The Art Of Disney Resort - in the Lion King section. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wave

/nods/ Why would Lana be in front of the engine while the place is in flight?
Maybe it had been a bad idea to protect Lana with his body during that lightning storm last fall.

He's lost the glamor by then.
Pooor Clark.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Deadly Chakram: I find the best way to keep my characters (or muse) happy is to let them do what they want every once in a while. Sadly, this often makes many of my stories 20+ parts long. At the moment, Lois, Clark, and Lex have snuck a new A-Plot in on me (during the course of my current Epic) and I'm trying to figure out whether to take the bait (and not make the detour from my outline too long), or ignore it entirely. <<sigh>>

Well, to be fair, the second time was sort of a First Anniversary get-away, since we left like 2 days after our anniversary.
That sounds nice. Does your hubby teach classes in romance?

Actually, the fact that she's only cheating with one guy instead of with the entire football team almost sort of improves my image of her.
Well, you see, the only ones from the football team that graduated were Clark Kent and Pete Ross. So they had to leave the others back in Smallville.

Oooh, nice! We were at Coronado Springs last October. Next time I want to stay in The Art Of Disney Resort - in the Lion King section.
I have a new dream. I heard Disney has a resort in Hawaii. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Maybe it had been a bad idea to protect Lana with his body during that lightning storm last fall.
Now, there's a scary plot bunny. wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard