Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] TOC here.

I would like to thank my three Betas for all their hard work in helping me write this dark, often depressing when not funny, tale. clap Thank you IolantheAlias, Mrs. Luthor, and Lola Dane. Without your constant feedback and support, we might never have gotten onto the lighter and funnier Book 2. evil

Time-line for posting:

Please check out the short story [i]The Superman Effect
(1/1) for another one of your questions answered.

This story now travels back in time to 1993 in Book Two: Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark (TOC can be found Here). I'll start posting this story late Fri May 25 / early Sat May 26. I must warn you that this book is still a work in progress. It will be much longer than Book 1. I am currently working on Part 22 and let's say, I've hardly scratched the surface of the story. I will try to post every other day through the first week of July, then I'm taking a couple of weeks off. thud Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up that posting schedule when I start back up at the end of July, we'll see. (This story is already plotted out and outlined - a first for me eek .)

5/3/14 - EDIT: Currently working on Part 176 of Wrong Clark and it's still a WIP. You've been warned. smile

Thanks to all of you who have read this story and kept me going with all your supportive FDK (despite Dan Scardino) and tomatoes. laugh

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 03:09 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Cat Grant had blamed it on pent up sexual frustration
Why does this not surprise me?

Poor alt-Clark, he hasn't been able to have much of a life since his identity has been revealed.

“Because without a Superman, nearly the entire population of her world was destroyed, roughly a year or two ago. Altering the future of this dimension cannot do anything but good.”
Wow - that's motivation!

Looks like alt-Clark won't be popping in to rescue Lois from the mental institution and Lex. Instead he'll be coming earlier. It will be fun to see how you develop this.

Joan

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
New day, new story, new alt-Lois/Clark. Can we start tomorrow?

Wonder why it never occured to me that you would not conclude this story in an epilogue? Makes sense that two very unhappy halves of partnership, both journalistic and romantic, would want to have a running start in a new story to make a life together.

Loved this ride so far, but would like to get to our destination soon. I hate being stuck out here in the swamps without a sure footing or a boat. Impatience is not only Lois' trait! lol

Pat

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
AAAaaaggh! mecry
“Well, if you’re going to put it like that...” Clark chuckled for a moment before exhaling and standing up. “But what else can I do? I can’t leave her dead if there is any way to save her. I need her. I don’t know how much longer I can go on being this… this… shell of a man. My life is empty, and no amount of photo ops for charities and peace summits will fill it. I’ve always wanted what every man wants: a wife, a family, a home, stability. I feel like, in one foul swoop, Tempus erased my future.” Clark’s hands were in fists as he paced his living room in barely controlled frustration.
It's actually fell swoop, though MacDuff was talking about chickens so you can see where the confusion would arise. . .

thanks!

rkn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

My earlier fears have truly been relieved.

Finally, Herb is taking a hand. party

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
hyper Excellent job, Virginia! My hat's off to you.

Until next time,
wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: I like Cat. With Star I think she was another underutilized character in the show. I will remedy that fact. hyper Thank you. Can I take my rewards in FDK format and/or Chocolate?

I thought I would be so sad at the end of this book. But now I am happily surprised, and I'm so excited for more! Excellent job, Virginia! My hat's off to you.
blush Why thank you! I tried to make it uplifting at the end, tried to give Lois and Clark some hope. Glad I didn't have you reaching for the tissue box. <<phew>>

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting twist on things. I can't wait to find out how you fix everything! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
As I have been away since last wednesday, I've had to catch up by reading the last two instalments and the epilogue today.

I have to admit this has been an interesting and often fun ride. This has been a complex, and engaging story. I do have some concern about the next 'book' to come. Not that it won't be well written, there is no worry on that count.

No, I'm concerned about any storyline that would essentially invalidate everything you so carefully crafted here. If the events in book two make this story 'never have happened', then what was the point of writing it at all?

I guess I'll just have to trust you to make it all work out and make some sort of sense in the end. Perhaps by book 3, 4, or 5. I just hope I live long enough to see the end of all this.

I'd like to take this chance to give Virginia props for getting a Lois haircut in the story. The need for a quick, desperate disguise is also another tried and true reason for Lois to take on 'the cut'.

Unfortunately, if we are going into this Lois' past, she'll have have the longer hair again and we'll have to do it all over again... which is not a bad thing.

Tank (who figures that since altClark/Superman had met, and fell in love with, the short-haired Lois he'll find a way to nudge Lois toward the shorter do sooner rather than later)

Kerth
Kerth
What? No tomatoes?
laugh Nope. Not this time. But you will have to watch yourself... clap Goody!
Can I take my rewards in FDK format and/or Chocolate?
Virtual chocolates for you! Since I've got none at home...

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Foul and Fowl are pretty much the same word in my book. Nothing smells like chicken **** !

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's actually fell swoop, though MacDuff was talking about chickens so you can see where the confusion would arise. . .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um... I'm thinking you are confusing foul as in foul ball, foul smell, foul taste with fowl = bird. My Betas did warm me that I'm messing up my idioms again. But I figured "foul" fit Tempus better than "fell".
Foul and Fowl are pretty much the same word in my book. Nothing smells like chicken **** !

And do you mean MacDuff the Crime Dog? Or is that MacRuff? Or is MacDuff... there was a MacDuff in MacBeth wasn't there? I'm confused by that reference.
Poor Macduff, learning that Macbeth has had his wife and children murdered, cries “What, all my pretty chickens and their dam/At one fell swoop?” Thus enters the language a popular phrase meaning “terrible blow” (the image is of a ruthless hawk swooping down to slaughter helpless chicks).

Copied and pasted from http://www.english-for-students.com/Fowl-Swoop.html . Guess it really should be Fowl Swoop. . .

thanks!

rkn
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Interesting twist on things. I can't wait to find out how you fix everything! Laura
Thanks, Laura. Um... Define "Fix". laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Tank: Thank you.

I have to admit this has been an interesting and often fun ride. This has been a complex, and engaging story. I do have some concern about the next 'book' to come. Not that it won't be well written, there is no worry on that count.
blush Okay, now you're just making me blush.

No, I'm concerned about any storyline that would essentially invalidate everything you so carefully crafted here. If the events in book two make this story 'never have happened', then what was the point of writing it at all?
Well, there was a reason for separating the three stories. What's the point? Um... I needed a backstory for Book2? laugh No seriously, let's just say, just because we head back in time, doesn't mean it didn't happen. clap I think you have me confused with Ken and his Matchmaker Chronicles. Three stories, big stories, true, but only three (already have them - basically plotted out) and that little short story to answer the missing plot hole from Another Lois.

I'd like to take this chance to give Virginia props for getting a Lois haircut in the story. The need for a quick, desperate disguise is also another tried and true reason for Lois to take on 'the cut'.
I wanted to give her one, but I wasn't sure where to put it. It seemed a bit out of character for her to stop her quest and go to the hairdresser.

Unfortunately, if we are going into this Lois' past, she'll have have the longer hair again and we'll have to do it all over again... which is not a bad thing.
Oh, darn. wink

Tank (who figures that since altClark/Superman had met, and fell in love with, the short-haired Lois he'll find a way to nudge Lois toward the shorter do sooner rather than later)
Thanks, Tank.

Virginia (who will now bat her eyelashes and whistle [Linked Image]innocently.)

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nope. Not this time. But you will have to watch yourself...
And they all lived happily ever after. The end. Nah, that's too boring. I guess, I'll chance the tomatoes.

Virtual chocolates for you! Since I've got none at home...
That's strange. Chocolates disappear at my house too. Hmmmm. I wonder why that is? huh wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Guess it really should be Fowl Swoop. . .
Interesting bit of history, but I think I'll stick with "foul". It just wouldn't be a VirginiaR story without my messed up idioms. laugh (Still loving my "hell in a handbag" one, even though I can't remember which story I stuck it in.)

Maybe if we were talking about Lex falling from his penthouse, I might go with "fell swoop", but only for the pun. <<ducking>>

Plus, if he said "fowl swoop" Tempus might think Clark is calling him a chicken and start a vendetta against him... oh, wait, never mind.

If you can't play around with the English language what fun is it?

VirginiaR.
---
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Gah! It's not over? What fell scripting is this?

See, the word 'fell' (an archaic Middle English word lifted from Old French) in this context describes something bad, almost evil. One 'fell swoop' denotes a bad guy or some discorporated evil entity performing a single act which results in dire consequences for a whole bunch of the good guys. Has nothing to do with falling down and going 'splat.'

I'm so glad to see a corporeal Superman about to come onto the scene. I expect that he'll be quite surprised by this Lois, just as she will be astounded by this Clark. And neither one will behave in quite the manner the other expects, which will give you plenty of space to create angst for us to snack on.

This is a very creative story. I don't recall having read anything with this premise, so it very well may be completely original (unlike all the TOGOM alternates we joyfully savor). You have a fertile and productive imagination.

More soon, I hope? I want to see how many of my assumptions are completely wrong.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
Gah! It's not over? What fell scripting is this?
Oh, in case you missed it, Terry, I'm evil. evil (Actually just my writing / plotting is evil, I myself am pretty tame and boring.)

See, the word 'fell' (an archaic Middle English word lifted from Old French) in this context describes something bad, almost evil. One 'fell swoop' denotes a bad guy or some discorporated evil entity performing a single act which results in dire consequences for a whole bunch of the good guys. Has nothing to do with falling down and going 'splat.'
People really hate it when I use the wrong word, don't they? wink Still keeping 'foul'.

I'm so glad to see a corporeal Superman about to come onto the scene. I expect that he'll be quite surprised by this Lois, just as she will be astounded by this Clark. And neither one will behave in quite the manner the other expects, which will give you plenty of space to create angst for us to snack on.
Um... Okay... Yes, probably right there. [Linked Image]

This is a very creative story. I don't recall having read anything with this premise, so it very well may be completely original (unlike all the TOGOM alternates we joyfully savor). You have a fertile and productive imagination.
blush Thank you. (Feeling like I've suddenly placed the bar too high that I would need superpowers to make this next jump). Yep, no pressure there. <<starts to bite nails>> (The Terry Leatherwood likes my story and expects more good stuff shock What have I done?! wallbash )

More soon, I hope? I want to see how many of my assumptions are completely wrong.
(Posting Schedule listed above) How about ALL of THEM? No, some then? Um... one... one of them is wrong? [Linked Image]

Thank you for the great review, Terry. I am truly humbled. I will try to meet / exceed your expectations, but feel free to lower the bar at any time. wink

VirginiaR.
---
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
People really hate it when I use the wrong word, don't they? wink Still keeping 'foul'.
I imagine this cosmic umpire, not unlike the narrator in the first "George of the Jungle" movie (the better one) calling out "Fair!" or "Foul!" when something important happens. "That's a swoop, but it's foul!"

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> (The Terry Leatherwood likes my story and expects more good stuff evil . It's okay. I like evil . Been accused of that myself a few times.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Who, me? Since when am I that important?
Since you wrote "The Wonder of Love", Terry. That story was inspirational and a terrific read. notworthy

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really liked this story, Virginia! help

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard