Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#86688 05/19/12 09:26 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the [i]Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] TOC here.

I will post the Epilogue in two night's time (late Monday/early Tuesday).

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 02:58 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia!

So, Dead Lex was a clone, and this one is the real one? Wow! I NEVER thought of that!

And now? I think that Arianna's plan was to kill the real Lois and to allow Lex to be with the woman with facial reconstruction. She doesn't mind him being with other women, if he doesn't love them.

But Lex loves the real Lois. So, Arianna will be jealous and she'll try to kill Lois. And... and.... AltClark will save her? But what about DreamClark? Will he disappear now? Or... or.... I don't know! confused confused confused

And the epilogue is early Tuesday? No, I'm going out of town tomorrow for two days. help

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Two comments:

(1) As I read the very end of Part 24, when Lex first spoke to Lois, I actually got a sort of deja-vu moment there, where the scene reminded me of Anti-K's "And Then There Was Light." I thought, "Is Lex a prisoner here, too?" Then, in Part 25, his comments to the effect that he knew from experience that there was no way out and that the decanters were made of plastic, made me think, "Ah ha! I was right! Lex *is* a prisoner!" But, alas, I was mistaken. So many twists and turns in this plot!

(2) I was actually going to comment in my previous feedback, but I forgot, that I still was confused as to why there was a Lois-look-alike. Well, I think this part explains it quite well. It makes sense. Well done. thumbsup

Other than that, I'll just cut my fdk from the previous part & paste it here:

[Look-alike's death has] made Martha, Jimmy, and anyone else who could have helped her, think she's dead. Oh, boy.

Perry and Alice are, I presume, still frozen in those smoke-filled glass case thingys. Lex has Lois. I don't know *what* happened to Herb. And it's still raining...........
wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
25/25, huh? And you still won't give up with the twists and turns? Which school of fanfic did you go to? I want resolution, and you won't give it to me! <g>

What a chapter. I see where you are going and how you are going to tie it all up, but just how difficult will it be to undo all that you've spent 25 episodes doing? Lois doesn't give up and Lex doesn't give up so maybe they are a better match. Both are the kind to lock on to something and not give it up. This is getting to be a down to the epilogue tale, leaving me wondering how much Lois really is sane after all of this. Maybe she belongs in the mental institution, Clark belongs lost in her memory, and Lex really wins! Then again, never mind!!!

What a ride. This epilogue is going to be a bucking broncho of all epilogues. Give the girl a blue ribbon for dragging the conclusion out to the very last second.

Pat

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I didn't see Lex's clone being killed. That was a clever twist. Though the real Lex seemed to be losing his mind. Poor Lois - trapped with him and everyone thinking she's dead! Thank goodness we know there's more coming with this story.

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
Joan said:
Though the real Lex seemed to be losing his mind.
Yes, he did. I had thought he was a prisoner, but then I saw he had keys. So, apparently he's *not* a prisoner. But he really did seem to be losing his mind, didn't he? Now I'm switching back to thinking perhaps he *is* Ariana's prisoner, in a wicked, twisted way.

Of course, it looks like it's a moot point. Unless you've got something up your sleeve for the epilogue, none of this will matter 40 days and nights from now. :rolleyes:

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sydney: Have a nice trip. thumbsup </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you.

[Look-alike's death has] made Martha, Jimmy, and anyone else who could have helped her, think she's dead. Oh, boy.

Perry and Alice are, I presume, still frozen in those smoke-filled glass case thingys. Lex has Lois. I don't know *what* happened to Herb. And it's still raining...........
shock
Yes, it is raining, isn't it? [Linked Image] I'm sure Jimmy... oh, wait he thinks she's dead... then Perry will... oh, right, kidnapped... but when the water receeds... oh. Hmmmm. [Linked Image] What have I done? [Linked Image]

Ah... Herb George Wells... Yes... I did promise to bring him back, didn't I?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Pat: Yes, there will be resolution. I can't guarauntee you it will be the ending you want, the way you want it, when you want it, but it all will be resolved. Eventually. laugh

Lois doesn't give up and Lex doesn't give up so maybe they are a better match. Both are the kind to lock on to something and not give it up. This is getting to be a down to the epilogue tale, leaving me wondering how much Lois really is sane after all of this. Maybe she belongs in the mental institution, Clark belongs lost in her memory, and Lex really wins! Then again, never mind!!!
Let's just say, every time I tried to write Lois into a corner, she kept escaping. She's slippery, that one. That's why this story ended up being longer than I had intended. (Yes, I'm blaming Lois for being able to get out of any scrape I send her way. I thought that canon Superman often didn't give Lois the benefit of the doubt and swooped in and rescued her at times when she really didn't need to be saved. She didn't mind, because - hey! - he's Superman and, well, he's dreamy. So, I wanted to let her prove her mettle, and she did. goofy ) Um... No, I may be an Evil Writer but Lois and Lex ending up together would just give me indigestion. Especially if poor Clark had to suffer through it in the back of Lois' mind. Sorry. I figure death is the kinder solution to that scenario, but how perminant is his death when someone goes back in time and changes one little detail? clap Yes, more to come. dance

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Vicki:
Joan said:
Though the real Lex seemed to be losing his mind.
Yes, he does. I had thought he was a prisoner, but then I saw he had keys. So, apparently he's *not* a prisoner. But he really did seem to be losing his mind, didn't he? Now I'm switching back to thinking perhaps he *is* Ariana's prisoner, in a wicked, twisted way.

Of course, it looks like it's a moot point. Unless you've got something up your sleeve for the epilogue, none of this will matter 40 days and nights from now. :rolleyes:
The small ring of keys Lex has when he opens Lois' bedroom door, are internal apartment lock keys only. None of them open the main door out of the apartment.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

As I see it Lois knows where Ariana's office is. She may be able to hide there and wait for her to return and then coerce Ariana into walking out with her. Lois has to go rescue Perry and Alice and stop the rain.

This isn't all going to resolved in the Epilogue. It has to go into volume 2 of the set. You did say this is a trilogy after all.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
As I see it Lois knows where Ariana's office is. She may be able to hide there and wait for her to return and then coerce Ariana into walking out with her.
See, Ken, there's always a way out, isn't there? wink Of course, she could have done that, but Arianna may not be the first person to go into her office. Maybe it will be one of those goons <<cough>> orderlies with the Tasers, or someone worse. Now, she'd have to find a way back to Arianna's office (and out of Lex's aparment prison) first.

Lois has to go rescue Perry and Alice and stop the rain.
Lois doesn't know that Perry and Alice have been kidnapped, or about the Smiley Instutite and their "Noah's Ark" project. As far as Lois knows (anyone knows) the rain is just rain; another big storm like the one that struck the night of Luthor's White Orchid Ball, all those years ago.

This isn't all going to resolved in the Epilogue. It has to go into volume 2 of the set. You did say this is a trilogy after all.
Define resolved. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Will he?” she whispered. Or would she disappear into these rooms, never to be seen again, her screams for help going unheeded, in the shadow of the mental institution?
This paragraph reminded me of the ending of a terror movie: Lois locked in the mental institution with a dead-alive and a mad doctor, looking out of the window and screaming, but her screams die away in the night because everybody thinks she is dead and nobody can hear her through the rain, thunder and lightning outside. Creeeepy!
[Linked Image]

So Wells can go back and save her bringing Alt-Clark, but it would erase Dream-Clark… Noooooo! [Linked Image]
There have to be another way. Please!!!!! [Linked Image]

Don’t leave us hanging! [Linked Image] Fix it, please! [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Andreia, is it so wrong that I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes? [Linked Image] [Linked Image] Those were some hilarious smilies you found there. help

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Come here, I want to show you something... You see this, Virginia?
[Linked Image]
Bad! Bad, bad, bad! You can't end it like that! That's not an ending!! I want more! [Linked Image]

Okay. Now that I've gotten that out of my system (and my sincerest apologies for the tomato): Well done!!! I'm assuming you got exactly the reaction you wanted to get out of me (or at least, if I were in your evil shoes, I would be laughing maniacally at my(your) evilness and your(my) obvious discomfort with the lack of answers). I have no clue how you're going to wrap this up, besides (a) becoming a mass murderer and killing everyone or (b) time travelling and making all of this torture vanish into thin air with a 'poof.' I'm not so sure I like those options...

GAH! I can't believe there's only an epilogue... Please post it tonight!!! I promise I won't throw anymore tomatos!

(Disclaimer: I can't promise that... evil )

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: [Linked Image] OUCH! [Linked Image]

Bad! Bad, bad, bad! You can't end it like that! That's not an ending!! I want more!
Well, actually that was the ending... [Linked Image] The Prologue and Epilogue were just tagged on so people don't kill me. [Linked Image] Really, you can believe me. I'm not lying. [Linked Image]

Okay. Now that I've gotten that out of my system (and my sincerest apologies for the tomato):
Nah, that's okay. I'm surprised it was my first one. [Linked Image]

Well done!!! I'm assuming you got exactly the reaction you wanted to get out of me (or at least, if I were in your evil shoes, I would be laughing maniacally at my(your) evilness and your(my) obvious discomfort with the lack of answers).
Thank you. <<bats eyelashes innocently>> I have no idea what you're referring to. [Linked Image]

I have no clue how you're going to wrap this up, besides (a) becoming a mass murderer and killing everyone or (b) time travelling and making all of this torture vanish into thin air with a 'poof.' I'm not so sure I like those options...
[Linked Image]

GAH! I can't believe there's only an epilogue... Please post it tonight!!! I promise I won't throw anymore tomatos!

(Disclaimer: I can't promise that... )
[Linked Image] Yes, posting tonight. Hmmmm. Maybe I should post early.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lex was dressed casually in slacks and a button down Oxford, no tie.
So, where’s the straight jacket?

“I hardly would have recognized you.”
That would have been the point. Next time, maybe she should *shave* her head?

as the other tugged down the hem of the hospital gown.
Yes. A short, thin, hospital shift. That’s a problem when faced with a psychotic madman who’s likely got a sexual fixation on you. You should not, repeat, *not* worry about your haircut, though.

“Ari said that she had convinced you to join us.”
Is that hospital speak?

“You’re dead,” she finally exclaimed.
Well…yes. But not really, as you can see.
Lois pulls out the pair is very pointy scissors. “Let’s fix that.”

“If Gretchen ever reanimated that body, which was stolen from the morgue, she’d have been in for a rude awakening
Oh dear.

You see, I wasn’t with you the night you got caught by the terrorists at Daily Planet. That wasn’t me.”
dizzy

“I’ll be holding on to these,” he said, and slipped the key ring into the pocket of his slacks.
But…But…

Lois slipped the jacket on. Anything was better than this nightgown.
/wonders if it’s an open-back night gown/

“You’ll need these I’m afraid, Lois,” Lex said, leaning against the doorframe to his apartment, rattling the keys.
He sounds way too cheerful. Is he a resident here?

“Come with me and you’ll be safe from the bullies with the Tasers.”
Ugh.

This is the lesser of two evils, Lois?
Well…Out there, they’re playing with her mind. In here, all she has to do is put out a bit for Lex.

I needed a place to lay low until I could figure out a way of not being dead,
I’m sure Clark would have had a few suggestions. It’s a rather common problem, actually.

“I won’t peek.”
Is it still peeking if he uses the CCTV?

“Physical intimacy isn’t high on her list, though. She’s more of the lie there and take it type.”
dizzy

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mandatory therapy sessions with Ari,
They could gab about the hubby?

and the only company you have are the mentally disturbed.
As opposed to…?

but like a chocolate stain Clark would not go away;
goofy

Lex smiled indulgently. “Because it’s much better to be dressed up. It helps with the ambiance.”

Okay-dokey. It’s official. Lex Luthor has fallen off his rocker.
Actually, he’s got a point there.

This is the most free I’ve ever been, and now I have you to share it with. Why would we ever want to leave?”
Indeed. Although, I do wonder how you’re going to end this so Lois gets out.

“You have a greenhouse?” Lois interrupted. A green house meant sunlight, fresh air, and windows, lots of lots of windows.

“Of course. I grow my orchids there,” he responded naturally.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: laugh wave

So, where’s the straight jacket?
He's not a patient, he's Dr. Carlin's husband (so she thinks).

That would have been the point. Next time, maybe she should *shave* her head?
Nope, I don't see that happening in Book 2, sorry.

Yes. A short, thin, hospital shift. That’s a problem when faced with a psychotic madman who’s likely got a sexual fixation on you. You should not, repeat, *not* worry about your haircut, though.
Maybe Lex doesn't like women with short hair. clap clap

Indeed. Although, I do wonder how you’re going to end this so Lois gets out.
[Linked Image]

Oh, look. Lois is dead. I did, however, wonder for a moment if the scream really was her while Lex was having fun with her.
Not with me as an author.

Lois, the word is ‘companion’.
"Companion" = Lex's POV. Victim = Lois' (or companion's) POV.

He and facial Lois?
She was a birthday gift. <<ducking>>

Umm…Virginia. I suddenly have doubts about the basic meaning of the word ‘epilogue’
It means that scene that bridges two books together, right?

/goes asking Chef to stash a couple of tomatoes until they’re a tad gamey/
/Goes to put on rain jacket and hat./

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nope, I don't see that happening in Book 2, sorry.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael, I'll try to do my best to respond to your FDK, but for some reason my monitor wipes only work on the OUTSIDE of my monitor. If my message is a bit garbled, it's because I'm lloooking through tomatoes stains to typppe. blush

She's not going to join the Hare Krishna's for an undercover assignment?
Nope, sorry, not in Book 2. Book 3, OTOH, hasn't been mapped out completely yet(with the exception of all pre-planned hairstyles, which needed Tank's prior approval before starting a story, right? Didn't I read that correctly on the FAQ page? wink )

Good point. Explains her long hair in The Pub.
Maybe it was alt-Lois! huh I doubt she'd accept either option.

She was a birthday gift. <<ducking>>

/imagines Facial Lois naked, with candles stuck to her body using wax.
GIFT, Michael, not CAKE. Ggggggiiiiiifffftttt. One that keeps on giving. <<ducks again>> Until it takes a flying leap without super powers. peep

/waits for Virginia to shove hands into pockets or pull up the hood/
Okay, jacket's back on, hood up. Do your worst. But remember, too many tomato stains makes it hard to read my monitor to write more parts for Book 2 and I'm only on Part 26.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard