Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#86561 05/15/12 08:12 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] TOC here.

Well... um... I'm going to head out of town... yeah! Out of town... that's where I'm hiding... I mean am, I don't need to hide... I'm [i]not
hiding... so... um.... if I don't answer the phone or door or FDK for a few days... um... that's where I am... laugh ... In the meantime, let me just remind you that there's still two more Parts and the Epilogue left of this story. Feel free to leave comments here... Soooooooooo... [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 02:54 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Okay. I can handle this. Two more parts and an epilogue. That's three parts. Three. I can live with three parts.

dizzy shock shock -er!) is dead- with nobody to save her.

Where the El is Superman?!

Oh, but a good thing- Martha finally got into contact! And Jimmy (at the very least) knows she's sane! And the Kents know too! Though I do wish Martha hadn't hung up the phone... or that they'd gotten the fax two days earlier...

Gah! The agony of waiting in suspense!! Two and an epilogue! How am I supposed to survive this?

If you haven't pieced it together yet, I'm more than a little impatient for the next installment... Great chapter!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Thank goodness for Star's prohecy about Lois who only looked like Lois being killed!

HG Wells is on the scene and Martha and Jonathan are willing to talk.

Don't keep us in suspense too long!

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well now, isn't this a fine kettle of fish. help

wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, Herb is on the case. thumbsup He has a copy of tomorrow's paper which told him hat happened and he wasn't worried. wink

Star propesied that the look alike would die. hyper

I think that now would be a good time for Herb to bring in Alt Superman, if ha hasn't already done so and that is why it was the look alike that died. clap

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
No! You CANNOT stop here!

So, let see...

1- Dead Lois is really Lois and AltClark has now to use Herb's time machine to save her in the past.

OR

2- Dead Lois is not Lois but the woman with plastic surgery (after all, Jimmy was investigating the murder of Dr Heller). And where is Lois? With Lex (the dead man returning from the death) .... and AltClark has to save her because Ariana is jealous and wants to kill her.

OR

3- I don't know. help Please, post soon.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sheesh!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys. I was sure I was going to get at least one of these: [Linked Image]or one of these guys: wave Glad you stuck it out? Book 2 is much more light and fluffy. Promise. No guarauntees on Book3 yet because it's only a thought bunny (plot bunny? dust bunny?) in my head at the moment. Book 2 is plotted out to its completion, even though it is not yet completed at this time. Okay, maybe not plotted out, outlined out. Same difference, right?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I truly hate to say this, Virginia, but if we had all that going through our heads and the trouble happening in real life, I think we'd all be in a padded room also. Nothing like knowing what would have happened if Clark/Superman had lived, but watching it happen differently because that person is in your head only.

Now we've got Lois locked up and sedated, and Perry & Alice disappeared! And no Superman to swoop in and save the day! What a kettle of rotten fish!

I enjoyed reading 4 or 5 at one sitting. It was nice to see the problems dissolve before Lois' eyes, and for her to get out of the messes and the low water level. You got an extra big pickle right now trying to save most of the Daily Planet staff.

What a complex story. I'll be watching you dig out Lois and Perry & Alice. Then you get to go back and save Clark so all this work is null! What a tangled story! And what fun!

Thanks for this.
Pat

Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Virginia:
Well, if I hadn't included the Prologue would any of you still be reading this?
Um... grumble
In case you're wondering, we do travel back in time a little bit at the beginning of Part 24
Some new theme music for your next chapter.
Back In Time
Classic Back in Time

Again, great chapter! Can't believe I've *still* got to wait until tomorrow night to read the next one! GAH!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
Fish? Is that a "Just Say Noah" joke?
Well, of all possible idioms for "one very big mess," that seemed the most apropos. smile Besides, *you're* the one who started it, when Star's muddy predictions made Lois's mind swim with images of a Clark drowning in sorrow.

Everything is spinning out of control. The rains have already begun, and this time around there's no Superman to stop them. I certainly would not put it past you. evil

ETA: Sometimes I think I'm being clear but then realize it's not obvious what I meant. So, just to clarify, when I said I wouldn't put it past you, what I was referring to was: Since we all know you're not above knocking-off a character or two, would you actually go so far as to end this story with a repeat of the most famous do-over in all of history? eek

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Virginia wrote Sydney: I'm not stopping there. There's two more Parts and an Epilogue... <<ducking>> Yes, one of your three guesses is correct. help Please, post soon.
wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Pat wave

Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
I truly hate to say this, Virginia, but if we had all that going through our heads and the trouble happening in real life, I think we'd all be in a padded room also. Nothing like knowing what would have happened if Clark/Superman had lived, but watching it happen differently because that person is in your head only.
No, really, I'm not insane. I'm only reading fanfic! I promise. Please, don't drag me away....

Now we've got Lois locked up and sedated, and Perry & Alice disappeared! And no Superman to swoop in and save the day! What a kettle of rotten fish!
No, I swear! Lois has NOT been cooking again. Oh, that's not what you meant. Never mind. laugh

I enjoyed reading 4 or 5 at one sitting. It was nice to see the problems dissolve before Lois' eyes, and for her to get out of the messes and the low water level. You got an extra big pickle right now trying to save most of the Daily Planet staff.
Actually, the rain is all over, not just over the Daily Planet. evil Glad to hear it works as a one long story as well. wink

What a complex story. I'll be watching you dig out Lois and Perry & Alice. Then you get to go back and save Clark so all this work is null! What a tangled story! And what fun!

Thanks for this.
Thank you and you're welcome. But I think this will be the last time I drive Lois insane. Phew. It sure is hard work making that woman give up her marbles. You know how much she likes to share.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: Glad to hear it. Not that you're a glutton for punishment but that you would have still read even without knowing that Clark is packed over in alt-dimension and coming for a visit. Originally, I wasn't going to include the Prologue, but after a while (and a discussion with my Betas) we decided that it would probably be good to reassure the reader that, yes, help is on the way. clap

Yes, but that positive point has been reneged by the fact that YOU JUST HAD HIM KIDNAPPED!
That wasn't me! peep That was canon!

Goody! A new story! ... Hey, wait a minute. Why does this feel like I'm getting jipped on the one I'm currently reading? "Look, Mouse! Shiny object! Ignore the fact that I'm ending this book way too soon for your liking!"
[Linked Image]

Some new theme music for your next chapter.
I choose Huey Lewis! But I'm an 80's girl. laugh

Again, great chapter! Can't believe I've *still* got to wait until tomorrow night to read the next one! GAH!
Well, I could post it early, because it is basically prepped... I did want to make that one change I've been thinking about though... But then, you'd have to wait even longer for Part 25. devil (I mean 25 would still post late Sat night / early Sun, but there would be more time between when I posted 24 and 25).

Did I warn you that 24 is one of my longest parts? 22 pages, double spaced (before converting for posting)! I tried to cram everything into one part because I didn't want to drag it out for the readers, but my Betas insisted that 40 pages was TOO long for one Part, even a final Part, so I divided it up. blush Plus, it makes for a nice round 25 part story. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Vicki:
Fish? Is that a "Just Say Noah" joke?
Well, of all possible idioms for "one very big mess," that seemed the most apropos. smile Besides, *you're* the one who started it, when Star's muddy predictions made Lois's mind swim with images of a Clark drowning in sorrow.
You know I was just joking, right? I knew what you meant.

Everything is spinning out of control. The rains have already begun, and this time around there's no Superman to stop them. I certainly would not put it past you. evil
[Linked Image]

ETA: Sometimes I think I'm being clear but then realize it's not obvious what I meant.
Nah, you're being clear. I'm just being silly. I just wanted to remind everyone that Perry's kidnapping was from canon. wink

So, just to clarify, when I said I wouldn't put it past you, what I was referring to was: Since we all know you're not above knocking-off a character or two, would you actually go so far as to end this story with a repeat of the most famous do-over in all of history? eek
Who? Me? [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Virginia wrote:<strong> Sydney: I'm not stopping there. There's two more Parts and an Epilogue... <<ducking>> Yes, one of your three guesses is correct. help Please, post soon.
wave
[Linked Image] evil

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
You know I was just joking, right? I knew what you meant.
Ditto. smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
By the way, *were* the watery images I refer to above intentional, or was that just happy circumstance?

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nothing like a little stressful event to test the mettle of a person, and Luthor had failed like an Elvis movie without singing or a pretty girl.
Sounds like the personalized stress test they put each of the Star Fleet through.

Not only for Lois’ sake, because the woman deserved to know the truth about Bimbo the Billionaire, but for the world’s sake.
You really don’t have a very high opinion of Lex, do you?

Unfortunately, if her story was true, it meant that Perry had a fully sane reporter, whom he loved like a daughter, who was going through something scary and terrifying, who had come to him for advice and assistance, and whom he had thrown to the wolves.
wave Michael

PS: When I saw wrong Clark this morning on my mobile phone, I managed to read the ‘?’ as a ‘7’. Stupid small screens. I was really very confused by that.

Edit:
Well, if I hadn't included the Prologue would any of you still be reading this?
Yeah. Sure. Would be assuming HG will be bringing Clark back with help from Lois.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wave Star Fleet? Uh... nothing from my story has to do with Star Trek. That was... uh... a different fandom... yeah, fandom. I haven't a clue what you're talking about. [Linked Image] Yeah, Luthor wouldn't have made it to red shirt status there. Nope.

You really don’t have a very high opinion of Lex, do you?
No, Perry doesn't.

So, best to let put-to-sleep dogs lie and just put out an ad for a new reporter. I hear Linda King’s open for business. I mean, available. Yes. Available.
clap Thanks. No.

Oh dear. Or did he really kidnap her and Perry’s just not in the know. Don’t remember the finer details of the episode.
Johnny didn't become a cyborg because green K didn't become widely known, because no Superman. So, Johnny was just a bad seed with whom Lucy ran off.

They’re setting it up already.
[Linked Image]

/imagines Perry calling guys to rough up Jimmy/
Poor Jimmy.

If you can call novel writing art. Well, novel writing the way Lois does it.
Do you think he's looking for a room for Lois?

Or an inmate...
Guide? Although the first sentence is a tad off. But one never knows with the shrink cum marketing type...
He really does seem to be an orderly...
That’s an odd thing to say for an orderly...
/squints eyes/
Very odd, indeed...
Yep. Inmate...
/imagines aged Adam West/
Led you on a merry chase there, didn't I? laugh He was the man who lived next door to Tempus from the John Doe arc, the one who thought he was Superman. (But no Superman here, so he thinks he's Batman.) wallbash Unlike ML though, I haven't broken this up into easily digestible Chapters, hence the ?? past the P&1/??

Yeah. Sure. Would be assuming HG will be bringing Clark back with help from Lois.
Well, of course, I meant the other people, who aren't you, Michael. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard