Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#86505 05/13/12 08:22 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the [i]Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] TOC here.

Well, looky there. Arianna Carlin was...

a) Spot on right, Lois is nuts!
b) razz
c) Both A & B.
d) None of the above.
e) Dead, all this is taking place in Lois' head, because Patrick actually sacrificed her... Okay, I'm just kidding with this one.

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 02:51 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
As Clark once said, "Lois is in trouble, Lois is in trouble!" eek

thanks!

rkn
Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
As Clark once said, "Lois is in trouble, Lois is in trouble!"
I'd say trouble with a highlighted and capital "T"...

I fear it is going to get worse in the next two parts, considering what we were told before.

I'm on the edge of my seat.

I can't wait for the next parts and I really hope that Alt-Clark will find Alt-Lois and Changed-Cannon-Lois will get Changed-Cannon-Clark.

Pretty please!!! mecry

Love your story and I wait for the next tear-jerker part laugh

Kathryn
Top Banana
Top Banana
I would say you are thumbsup

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
Kerth
Oooh, fantastic! Deliciously cruel! Lois won't last in a padded cell... I do hope something happens and Perry and Jimmy find out the truth in time to save her! Come on, Martha! If there's ever a time to speak up, it's now!!

By the way, e. is the answer I would have gone with until you made it into a joke. razz wink

Great chapter! I'm glad to have woken up to this after yesterday's bad day. Can't wait for more! Seriously. Get posting. hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

Previously I had thought that you had painted Lois into a corner and you managed to get her out of it. This time she's going to have to go through security and the orderlies. She's going to have a hard time fighting them off in a straight jacket.

The only question I have is, is there any legal formality that she has to go through before being committed?

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Well, looky there. Arianna Carlin was...

a) Spot on right, Lois is nuts!
b) razz
c) Both A & B.
d) None of the above.
e) Dead, all this is taking place in Lois' head, because Patrick actually sacrificed her... Okay, I'm just kidding with this one.
f) So in love with Lex that she is going to give Lois to Lex (the dead man who isn't dead) because she wants Lex to be happy in some hidden fortress with the woman he loves.
For that, she has a plan: killing Lois-Double (the one with plastic surgery) and telling that Lois DID commit suicide. That's why she said something about "suicide watch".

g) She is evil (see f).

h) She is crazy (see f and g) and SHE will end in the padded cell. After all, you have to be crazy to be in love with Lex. laugh

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Nice use of Arianna Carlin. I didn't catch that she and Lex were part of Star's prophecy but I see it now. Poor Lois - off to the mental ward. I don't blame Perry and Jimmy for being worried.

Superman, where are you?

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I feel her frustration and want to smack you! LOL

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rkn: Yes, she is. Yes, she is.

Kathryn: Trouble, yes, she is.

I fear it is going to get worse in the next two parts, considering what we were told before.
/psst. There are 3 parts left before the Epilogue/

I'm on the edge of my seat.
Thank you. May I recommend the floor for the next part? Preferably on top of pillow or gym mat.

I can't wait for the next parts and I really hope that Alt-Clark will find Alt-Lois and Changed-Cannon-Lois will get Changed-Cannon-Clark.
Um... [Linked Image]

Love your story and I wait for the next tear-jerker part
Thank you again. Buy a new box of tissue and please, help Sorry.

The only question I have is, is there any legal formality that she has to go through before being committed?
Not being a lawyer or judge and knowing any lawyers or judges, I'd say probably. This issue will be address later. laugh

Sydney: Love your additions to my quiz. clap [Linked Image]

Joan: Um... Joan, I'm sorry, I have to be the one to tell you this but Superman's dead. [Linked Image]

Laura: Thank you and [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/squeezes in FDK before bedtime, hopes not to fall asleep on keyboard/ Um, that didn’t come out right, did it?
“Nice to finally meet you, Ms. Lane. I’ve heard such nice things about you,” Dr. Carlin replied in an overly sweet tone.
I’m sure Lex couldn’t stop gushing.

“Ms. Lane, in my experience it’s the people who say that they’re ‘fine’ that need help the most,” interjected Dr. Carlin.
/nods gravely/ Lois is in dire need of a Clark or a Wells.

“Lois, darlin’, I think the world of you, honey, but it isn’t normal to hear voices that no one else can hear,”
“Maybe for you, but I’ve been hearing them all my life.”

“Or to think that the world would be completely different if your boyfriend hadn’t died
Umm…actually…

“I’m sane,” Lois growled. “And they aren’t ‘flashbacks’, they’re memories, and I can’t believe you told her about that!”
Not helping.

“Your boyfriend died?” Dr. Carlin asked, her voice sounding hollow.
Ooooh! She thinks it’s Lex.

“You know I’m not one normally to meddle in the lives of my reporters,
Right.

Who told Dan he should take me to bed?”
clap

Don’t answer that. It’s a trick question. She’s trying to get you admit that you’re hearing voices.
laugh

Why don’t you tell me about Lex?”
Subtle.

Lois’ sour stomach made a lurch and she pulled her knees and feet onto the couch.
Could she redecorate Ex-Luthor’s pantsuit?

Ask her, how she’s on a first name basis with Lex Luthor?

“Did you know Lex?” Lois asked innocently.
laugh

She’s lying.
/slaps Clark/ clap

She seems overly interested in Lex’s dating habits, don’t you think?
Not really. Just wants to know if he’s got any STDs while he was out cavorting.

That’s none of her business, Lois. Let’s keep your relationship with your ex-fiancé out of this.

~Fiancé? What do you mean fiancé, Clark? Ex or otherwise.~
Oops?

The weekend after Mr. Make-Up was arrested, Lois had rushed out and bought a whole slew of sexy nightgowns to wear should Superman ever need to rescue her late at night.
clap You really put a twist on old canon, didn’t you?

How had Superman known that she didn’t love him with all of her heart, like she had told him that she did?
clap

Lois’ eyes bugged. “I dis… disappeared?”

She doesn’t mean literally, Lois, Clark reassured her.
laugh

“Do you think you can actually disappear, Lois?” the psychiatrist asked her.
No. Since that would mean that a younger version of me is presently stuck in the same time as I am, or I’m stuck in the same time as a younger version of me, meaning I travelled into the past, anyhow, that younger Lois would have to be in the process of dying for me to disappear. And that’s not what’s happening to me. Only to my dead boyfriend.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
An embarrassed, nervous smile tugged at Lois’ lips. ‘Short-term memory loss’? ‘Erratic behavior’? Yep, she had experienced both of those things lately.
Maybe she does need help?

“Behavior, like yours, could – if left untreated – turn violent. Tell me, have you had the desire to strike out at anybody recently?”

Lois pressed her lips together. ~Only her.~ “No.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: hyper I think the phrase you were searching for is "pass out". We discussed this: Evil doesn't sleep. wink

I’m sure Lex couldn’t stop gushing.
Lex? [Linked Image] No, I'm sure Perry or Jimmy or someone else in the office... you're not buying this, are you?

/nods gravely/ Lois is in dire need of a Clark or a Wells.
You know, Michael, I'm going to agree with you here.

“Maybe for you, but I’ve been hearing them all my life.”
Just 6 months.

Ooooh! She thinks it’s Lex.
cool

Lois, not in front of the witch.
What does Dr. Carlin care if Dan took Lois to bed, or Perry ordered it?

Then maybe you should *tell* her?
His reasoning, albeit lunkheadian, is explained later.

Could she redecorate Ex-Luthor’s pantsuit?
She could but she's already vomited everything in her stomach earlier.

/slaps Clark/ /pulls off glove studded with green gems/
You know Clark, he likes Lois to figure out things on her own.

So, it’s not about controlling every aspect of the beloved person’s life? /goes checking manual for narcissistic sociopaths with obsessive compulsive tendencies/ No, it’s right there. Chapter 19: How to Love Another Person.
wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think the phrase you were searching for is "pass out". We discussed this: Evil doesn't sleep.
Oops?

you're not buying this, are you?
/shakes head veeeery slowly/

What does Dr. Carlin care if Dan took Lois to bed, or Perry ordered it?
I just figure it’s not the kind of thing you discuss with your shrink? Oh, right…

She could but she's already vomited everything in her stomach earlier.
She really needs to learn how to plan ahead.

You know Clark, he likes Lois to figure out things on her own.
As witness in ATAI…WHALTTA

Oh, sorry, that was the one book Clark skipped at the library.
/mutters/ No wonder he’s dead…

Hey, you were the one who stated that Kidnapping doesn't count!
So, FDK for L and C’s different POVs has to be consistent now? /goes checking circular filing bin used for memos.

Oh, dear, it has been a while, hasn't it, Michael? That's my other story.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just figure it’s not the kind of thing you discuss with your shrink? Oh, right…
I really wouldn't know what one should discuss with a shrink. I thought everything was on the table.

She really needs to learn how to plan ahead.
Yes, Star really should have warned her that Perry was going bring in Lex's ex-wife the shrink.

As witness in ATAI…WHALTTA
If he hadn't wanted her to figure it out on his own he would have TOLD her, wouldn't he?

/mutters/ No wonder he’s dead…
Clark always has trouble getting into the head of the bad guy... his girlfriend, on the other hand... <<ducking>>

So, FDK for L and C’s different POVs has to be consistent now? /goes checking circular filing bin used for memos.
Um... this story has only been from Lois' POV. huh And, of course, didn't you get the memo?

So, this is not the one where Lois sleeps with a Clark other than her own?
That's right. That DOESN'T happen in Another Lois. Oh, dear, that doesn't count as a spoiler, does it?

Sorry, I just got a division-by-zero error.
Yes, statistical math can be confusing when you throw someone like Lois into the mix.

Oh. So, why are they not delivering any longer? Did they also deliver during the hostage situation and Lex died before paying the tip?
What I find funny is that THIS extremely minor plot point is the big question at the end of this part! (My Betas asked the same question) :rolleyes: Okay, fine, there was that time that Cat wanted to tip the delivery guy with private time with her and, well, that would just have made his other deliveries late and she wouldn't take a rain check... And then there was that time that Lois refused to tip, because it took him sixteen minutes to deliver instead of fifteen minutes... And there was that time that Perry screamed at the delivery guy because he brought diet instead of regular soda...

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: I just figure it’s not the kind of thing you discuss with your shrink? Oh, right…

I really wouldn't know what one should discuss with a shrink. I thought everything was on the table.
Figure it really depends on whether Lois wants to stay.

If he hadn't wanted her to figure it out on his own he would have TOLD her, wouldn't he?
:rolleyes: Duh!

Um... this story has only been from Lois' POV.
Whoopsie!

quote:So, this is not the one where Lois sleeps with a Clark other than her own?

That's right. That DOESN'T happen in Another Lois. Oh, dear, that doesn't count as a spoiler, does it?
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But…But…But…Sir, I don’t understand. Every statistical rule says she should have been killed by at least one of the traps you set. I suggest a new strategy: Let her fill out lotto tickets.
rotflol

/best Obi Wan voiceover/ “Trust the Betas, Virginia.”
"I try..."

/Yoda in voiceover/ "There is no Try. Just do."

"Oh, Master Yoda, I DO listen to my Betas. That is why my stories have less grammar errors now than when I first started posting on the boards, and my Dan Scardino break-up scene was so much better, but sometimes, I just have to go for the joke, no matter how pathetic and unfunny it is."

/Yoda whispers to Obi Wan in voiceover/"She's arguing with me. And you thought SHE was ready to be a Jedi writer? This is the last time I listen to you, Obi Wan. Look what happened with Anikan. No more. She will tilt the balance of good vs. evil again."

"I can hear you! Hello, voiceover!"

/Yoda in Voiceover/ "You will forget this ever happened."

"Really? Mind control for the weak minded? Sorry, not going to work. What are you going to do next? Come on, do you really think I'm going to forget you offered me Jedi writership?"

[Linked Image]

"Hi, Superman. You want give me a kiss? Sure, if you insist."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]<<dreamy voice>> "Wow, that was... Thanks, but I should really get ready for Y2K." [Linked Image]

Is he gay or something?
Who? What? When? Where? [Linked Image] Possibly.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Wow, that was... Thanks, but I should really get ready for Y2K."
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard