Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#86474 05/11/12 09:03 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the [i]Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] TOC here.

Well... Um... Busy weekend... Mother's Day and all... I think I'll just... peep

Comments?

PS: About that other plot twist, well, my apologies for any rough edges... it was a late addition. blush

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 02:49 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I'm getting worried Perry and Jimmy are going to put Lois away for her own safety. I thought Dr. Arianna Carlin might be making an appearance.

Hope Lois' letter makes an impact with Clark's parents.

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
OK. Everyone thinks Lois is crazy. In canon, Ariana's plan was to make everyone think Lois was crazy. When not-Lois was killed, they realized Lois wasn't crazy, so not-Lois's imminent death seems to be maybe what might keep our Lois out of the loony-bin. But... then what? Alt-Clark comes and he and Lois live happily every after? But then why does Star see the past in Lois's (and all of Metropolis's) future? Doesn't that mean Herb has saved baby Clark and the world gets a "do-over"? But if the past is re-played in the future, where does Alt-Clark fit in? wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Ariana! wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sydney,

Virginia is simply using that as an explanation for the cast change that happened between s1 and s2 to the Jimmy Olsen character.

Virginia, I tend to agree. You are just being elil. I really never likes Ariana and now that name is associated with an uber-liberal blog - the Huffington Post it is even More distasteful.

Oh well, Lois will need to deal with her. At least she doesn't have Superman to target with subliminal messages.
Since in this reality Lois never got that close to Lex does Ariana have that much of a grudge to hold against Lois?

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Thanks for your take on my story. Let's hope M&J read the letter before shredding it. wink

Vicki: Um... I think your a little bit confused.

In canon, Ariana's plan was to make everyone think Lois was crazy. When not-Lois was killed, they realized Lois wasn't crazy,
In canon the not-Lois was still alive at the end of "Madame Ex" doing with Arianna the lamest car chase (with the exception of the gas tanker) in L&C history. They realized that Lois wasn't crazy because she was with Clark with not-Lois attacked the Planet with the gas canister and that Arianna was Lex's ex.

so not-Lois's imminent death seems to be maybe what might keep our Lois out of the loony-bin. But... then what? Alt-Clark comes and he and Lois live happily every after?
Not really. [Linked Image]

But then why does Star see the past in Lois's (and all of Metropolis's) future? Doesn't that mean Herb has saved baby Clark and the world gets a "do-over"? But if the past is re-played in the future, where does Alt-Clark fit in? dizzy
Sorry, you're feeling dizzy. evil Help, the Spoilage Police are dragging me awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. [Linked Image] (How's that for vague? laugh )

Sydney: <<bats eyelashes innocently>> Who me? Evil? [Linked Image] Don't tell the others. [Linked Image] And no, that does not happen in next chapter.

What cousin? I'm lost. Did I miss something?
Ken's got it right (Ken, see below).

Ken One dancing Clarkie bear for you. [Linked Image] Yes, why would Arianna hold a grudge against a woman who thinks that if Lex hadn't died he would have proposed to her? wink They're going to be the best of buds, no?

So, it looks like we have two on the Anti-Arianna (Pro-Deter) team, and everyone else hates Deter? Is that right? [Linked Image] Okay, maybe it was just everyone is against all evil psychiatrists.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Really liked this chapter! I can't believe (and simultaneously applaud) your bringing Arianna Carlin into this! She's going to lock up and kill Lois! And Perry and Jimmy will let her just because they think she should be in the looney bin!

Can't wait for more tonight! Sorry I don't have a lot of comments, but I've been dealing with a lot of stuff recently, so yeah. huh

Side note: As unlikely as it seems (because if time *is* righted and dead-Clark does come back, then it will likely reset to their own point in time and no one will remember anything), I would like Lois to get her I-told-you-so moment, just to prove to Perry and Jimmy for once and for all that she's not crazy and that she's always right. laugh But again. Not likely to happen.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
really? not-Lois didn't die? huh. well to be honest I haven't seen an episode in I don't know how long. I actually had the whole show on tape but its been years now that I don't own a vcr player. so between my faulty memory and the twists in this it's-the-show-but-not-the-show plot I think I am doubly dizzy dizzy

smile

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Really liked this chapter! I can't believe (and simultaneously applaud) your bringing Arianna Carlin into this!
Thank you.

She's going to lock up and kill Lois! And Perry and Jimmy will let her just because they think she should be in the looney bin!
[Linked Image]

Can't wait for more tonight! Sorry I don't have a lot of comments, but I've been dealing with a lot of stuff recently, so yeah. huh
I'm sorry, Mouse. Hug? [Linked Image] /Hmmmm. Maybe that would be ackward./ Well, it's here if you want it.

Side note: As unlikely as it seems (because if time *is* righted and dead-Clark does come back, then it will likely reset to their own point in time and no one will remember anything), I would like Lois to get her I-told-you-so moment, just to prove to Perry and Jimmy for once and for all that she's not crazy and that she's always right. laugh But again. Not likely to happen.
Because she's never had the chance to say that before? wink Interesting theory. cool

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Vicki:
<strong> really? not-Lois didn't die? huh. well to be honest I haven't seen an episode in I don't know how long. I actually had the whole show on tape but its been years now that I don't own a vcr player. so between my faulty memory and the twists in this it's-the-show-but-not-the-show plot I think I am doubly smile1 ).

You're right, it's probably my fault for confusing you. I like to spin around my readers so they don't know which side is up. Readers = jump Me = laugh

Well, I just finished prepping Part 22 and Lois is definitely STILL alive at the end of it. Hope that wasn't TOO big of a spoiler. wink

VirginiaR.
---
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
KenJ wrote
Sydney,

Virginia is simply using that az an explanation for the cast change that happened between s1 and s2 to the Jimmy Olsen character.
Virginia wrote
Ken's got it right (Ken, see below).
Thanks, Ken and Virginia.

So, "cousin Jimmy" (Season one) is dead in this Lois'dimension and was replaced by Season 2 Jimmy.
But if "cousin Jimmy" was saved in DreamClark's dimension, does it mean that in DreamClark's dimension, Jimmy is the same in Season one and Season 2 (no Justin?). confused confused

wave

Sydney

(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
So, "cousin Jimmy" (Season one) is dead in this Lois'dimension and was replaced by Season 2 Jimmy.
Yes.
But if "cousin Jimmy" was saved in DreamClark's dimension, does it mean that in DreamClark's dimension, Jimmy is the same in Season one and Season 2 (no Justin?). confused confused
DreamClark dimension is basically canon (what happened on the show). That dimension is still alive and kicking and both its Lois and Clark are fine (at the moment; who knows with those two). Let's just say that in this story I'm implying that Jimmy S1 and Jimmy S2-S4 are cousins (explains the same name but different personalities and looks). What happens to S1 Jimmy and how Justin's Jimmy became the Jimmy S2-S4 is explained further in Book 2. (This was the rough edges story twist I apologized for as it was a late addition. But I couldn't change it in Book 2 and then NOT have it in Book 1, right?)

help I'm sorry but I am not allowed to answer that question in more detail without revealing spoilers for Book 2. My apologies.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“You’re saying that your secret source for your Lex Luthor articles is a ghost?”
Yeah. I mean, he was alive once. But that changed after he talked to Linda King.

“I verified all the information,” Lois defended herself. “Double checked all the facts.”
Uh-kay.

“Uh-huh,” Perry said with a nod. “A ghost that only communicates with you?”
Duh!

“And Star…”
Right. See? I’m not crazy.

“Star is the psychic that moved into Lois’ building while she was away on vacation,” explained Jimmy.
/imagines Lois using a boxcutter on Jimmy in a very creative fashion.

“Uh-huh. So, what you’re saying is that none of this is real?
The stories he was printing? Uh-oh.

Our lives are supposed to be completely different, better even, but because some man hitchhiked back in time from the future and killed your friend, currently a ghost, we now have a ‘death ray’ destroying cities?”
Oh. That one.

“Because Clark, Clark Kent is the man who was killed, if brought back to life will be able to contact a superhero who will fight for truth and justice.”
Okay. She’s gone how.

“Lois, honey, if you want more vacation time, I have no problem giving it to you. You didn’t need to bring this pile of horse manure…”
clap

“Well, yes…” she agreed. “But I wrote it when I was back in 1966. I didn’t remember doing so until Star unrepressed my repressed memories this morning.”
/shakes head sadly/ And she had so much promise. But it’s always the candles that burn the brightest that go out the earliest, too.

“So, what you’re telling me is that you’re not crazy because you’re hearing voices, but that you’re on the biggest story of your life?”
Umm…

Lois sighed and a natural smile graced her lips. Yes! He believed her.
eek She really *is* gone.

“Just Clark’s voice,” she snapped, rising her feet.
laugh

Stop Jimmy’s cousin Jimmy from being killed,
laugh

Jimmy cleared his throat. “My cousin Jimmy doesn’t die?”
He catches Tank?

“I thought he was supposed to make the world a better place?”
See?

He’s not God,” Lois retorted.
Which would also be why he’s dead now.

“And what exactly in Elvis’s name happens if Lex Luthor survives?”
Umm…He dies. And resurrects. And dies again.

“Oh, my God!” Lois gasped. “Lex proposes.” She felt sick to her stomach. Oh, God. Oh, no! Anything but that.
Buuuurn!

Please, please, please, have her turn him down!
*Buuuuuuuurn*!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Her heart wrenched. It was going to get worse? How could it get worse?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I see they're (RL work) still not letting you have a RL (Out-of-work).
I'm actually not quite sure how this happens or where the time goes. wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

No, it won't take decades to catch up... Oh, you meant dead as in murdered, not dead as in died of old age.
Yes, that's the one. And I'm not that old, I just feel that old.

Would certainly explain a lot of things eek
Ha. Ha. wink

What an April's Fool prank on Perry.
Ooooh. We should suggest it to Lynn for next year's April Fools fic. Since Lois is the only one who do that without being fired.

That was done so he doesn't get too distracted by her neck? Also a common precaution in towns overrun with Haemophile Americans.
Clark's a blood loving American? Or are you confusing my story with Nan's Vampire story?

I have no idea. On an unrelated note: Lois in the harem's outfit and Clark as Major Nelson?
That's someone's WIP at the moment. I hope it shows up soon. laugh

I could have sworn that it was weeks ago. Oh, wait... Oops Also, I'd say, go with Jimmy. Oh the gossip in the newsroom.
Weeks in posting schedule, the night before in actual timeline.

Jimmy: But... but... but, I didn't get to touch her! peep

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, that's the one. And I'm not that old, I just feel that old.
Hence the decades...

Ooooh. We should suggest it to Lynn for next year's April Fools fic. Since Lois is the only one who do that without being fired.
Ooooooooooh!

Or are you confusing my story with Nan's Vampire story?
Oooops?

That's someone's WIP at the moment.
/taps foot/

Jimmy: But... but... but, I didn't get to touch her!
Would make a fun joke t-shirt.

Maybe it's Clark's.
Huh, every 2000 years some disembodied entity wreaks havoc.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh, every 2000 years some disembodied entity wreaks havoc.
Why not? Zeus impregnated a woman once without a body. I think he made himself into some sort of mist or golden rain shower or ray of light or something. I cannot remember who the woman was (or the child) off the top of my head, some mortal -- obviously not Hera, his wife, heaven forbid! He liked to change his form when cheating on his wife, so it wouldn't be so obvious that he was cheating on her. Sneaking, that one.

VirginiaR.
---
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Why not? Zeus impregnated a woman once without a body. I think he made himself into some sort of mist or golden rain shower or ray of light or something. I cannot remember who the woman was (or the child) off the top of my head, some mortal -- obviously not Hera, his wife, heaven forbid! He liked to change his form when cheating on his wife, so it wouldn't be so obvious that he was cheating on her. Sneaking, that one.
Virginia, the woman is Danae, daughter of Acrisios (the king of Argos). Zeus and Danae's son is Perseus.

wave

Sydney

(Edmond Rostand)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard