Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#86403 05/09/12 08:26 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the [i]Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] TOC here.

Gee, I hope none of you are going jump . My apologies to all of you who are.

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 02:47 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Ooh! Very interesting and twist filled chapter! So. Lois remembers- just about everything. Jimmy knows that Lois is crazy, and hopefully won't be checking her into that mental institution with the crazier Dr. Deter. And now she's let the Super-cat out of the bag. Great. And Perry's coming in to play next? eek

Oh, Clark. You are so completely and undeniably screwed- regardless of your ghost-status. laugh

Can't wait for more!!!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I knew if anyone could figure out a way to rescue me from this fate, it would be you.
It breaks my heart to think that Clark - this Clark - won't be saved and that he will disappear when Alt-Clark comes into the scene. whinging whinging

Waiting to see what is next.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois threw her hands up in the air. “You know, Clark, if you want to haunt Jimmy for a while, so you two can insult me in private, feel free to jump ship at any time.”
clap

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, let's see, just how many situations did Lois get herself into that haven't been explored as yet. confused

You've been threatening us with Max Deter, what about the Prankster? clap

Toy man? evil

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Loved seeing Lois finally put the pieces together about Clark being Superman.

I'm getting worried that Jimmy's worried about her sanity.

Joan

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Ultra Woman wrote:

It breaks my heart to think that Clark - this Clark - won't be saved and that he will disappear when Alt-Clark comes into the scene. I like Alt-Clark and I want him to be happy, but I don't want to see this Clark - the real one - get lost in time for ever. It's too sad a fate.
I'm with Ultra Woman here. I want AltClark to be happy, but I don't want to see OldClark disappear. It would be very sad.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Going back to my last comment from last ep...
“Yes. Tempus killed baby Clark by covering him with green rocks. Green glowing rocks, only they’re not glowing anymore.” Lois shook her head. “No, that can’t be right. No. No! That doesn’t make sense. If Clark died due to green rocks…”
"...then Clark is really dead!"
"...then Clark is Superman and he's dead!!!"

Both are true in this instance but she refuses to believe the latter because she thinks it makes her crazy. I can't wait to she what she thinks of Alt-Clark.

Lois: "You DO exist." thud

That image of the fake Superman trying to hit Clark and her partner grabbing his arm froze in her mind. She looked at it, somehow able to walk around it, studying it from all angles. How? How could Clark do that? That fake Superman was at least as strong as the real one. How had Clark been able to stop the punch? Surely, the only person able to stop such a hit would be…

Lois gasped as another thought zipped across her mind. No! It couldn’t be.

She studied the two men in this frozen image in her mind. Both had the same height, same color hair – although styled slightly different, same skin tone, different clothes, and Clark wore glasses. Behind those glasses were…

“Lois? Are you saying there’s a fake Superman in your dream?” Star asked, confused.

“Yes, ‘cause the real one is… is…” Lois stammered. Her eyes flashed open and she got to her feet. Now that she was awake from the hypnosis, the memory from the Smallville woods returned, stronger, clearer, and with more detail. “Clark!”
Oh dear, the truth comes out and now she doesn't want to believe it because if she did then she doesn't believe she's sane.

Lois couldn’t believe it. She had been so sure that Clark was real and that her dreams had been repressed memories, but with this new insight, she couldn’t see how he could be. She might as well accept the truth. She had irrefutable proof that she was insane, bonkers, nutso, crazy…
Oh dear. Deter is looking more and more likely all the time now. *shudders*

You’re not crazy, Lois, Clark said in that supportive tone of his. She could also hear the hesitancy in his voice. He was readying himself for her fury.

“I’m not crazy, Clark?” she scoffed out loud. “Hello? Not only am I hearing your voice, I’m responding to you.”
Lois, it's one thing if you respond to him silently and it's another to respond to him out loud.

Lois stopped and threw her hands up into the air. “There you are, Clark, with another one of your strange leaps of logic. How could you be Superman? That’s ridiculous. Superman is a fantasy character my mind created to let me… this me…” She patted her chest. “ – know the truth about Lex. Superman can’t be killed. One of my favorite aspects about his character is that he’s invulnerable. You, on the other hand, are dead. Ergo, you cannot be Superman. End of discussion.”

Kryptonite…

“Don’t even get started on that green rock mumbo-jumbo, Clark. Please!” Lois interrupted, adjusting her briefcase strap and continuing down the sidewalk. “Either you’re a dead superhero who lied to me, just like all the other men in my life, or I’m crazy. Which is it?”
She does have a point on the glowing green rocks. If the affected more than Superman I'm sure she'd be slightly more inclined to believe it... however it would mean that he's not invulnerable at that point and could potentially be affected by more than just the rocks.

Lo-is, Clark groaned as he began to plead, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you I’m Superman.

“You hear that world?” she called out to her residential street. “Clark Kent is Superman!”

Lois!

“What? You think anyone around here cares? Clark Kent is Superman! Clark Kent is Superman!” she shouted and then harrumphed. “Nobody, but me, knows who Superman is, Clark, and why’s that? Oh, yeah, Superman has chosen me – out of all the people in the world –to stalk in the afterlife. Right, and you don’t think I’m nuts. Ha!”
Oh she's going to So, regret that when Alt-Clark arrives.

If I had told you that Superman wasn’t a figment of your imagination, but that he was once a real, living, breathing man, because I’m him, would you have ever listened to me? Would you have believed in the real me… Clark – me? His voice seemed to catch in his throat. Would you have gone to Smallville to meet my parents, to figure out how I died, so we can save me from this fate? Or would you be off somewhere denying that I exist and making out with Scardino, while I suffered in agony in the back reaches of your mind?
He does have a point here, her dreams/memories never really had a connection between Superman and the Kents and it really would have been difficult to explain that he was essentially living as two people at that time.
I knew I should have kept quiet. If hearing my voice makes you feel crazy, then I did this to you. Go on, Lois, live your life. I won’t bother you anymore, and you can be sane again.

“No!” Lois hollered, freezing her steps as his words froze her heart. He wouldn’t dare, not after he promised he wouldn’t leave her again. She took a deep breath and exhaled, trying to chase the anger from her voice as she pleaded with the voice in her head, “I’d rather be crazy with you than sane without you, Clark.” Dammit, he made her admit she was in love with a figment of her imagination.
If this isn't an acceptance of her own "crazyness" (to the outside observer) then I don't know what is. As long as she's not a danger to herself and others then she can't be committed against her will.

“Ah… Lois? Are you feeling all right?” Jimmy asked, leaning over to unlock the passenger door. “Hop in.”

She looked at Jimmy and then at the closed passenger side door with a shake of her head. “No wonder I fell for you, Clark,” she mumbled, opening the car door and dropping in to the seat. “The men from Metropolis…”

“What?” Jimmy griped, having caught her expression. “What did I do now?”

“Would it have killed you to open the door?” Lois said, snapping her seat belt. She could hear Clark chuckling at the back of her head.

“You’re kiddin’ me, right? Mad Dog wants me to get out of the car, walk over to the other side, and open the car door for her?” Jimmy laughed. “You feeling all right there, Lane?”
Jimmy does have a point, anyone other than Clark has to risk the wrath of a Lois who believes she's being patronized. Or at least given the impression she's being patronized. There was always a certain sincerity to Clark's actions as it was done consistently and not as an afterthought.

Lois sighed, not wanting to admit the truth. Her tongue ran over her teeth and then she announced, “Clark noticed the smoke from the bomb at the Wilder trial, not me. He saved us, not me.”

“Well, better him than Scardino,” the photographer mocked.
Wow, Scardino really rubbed the other men in her life the wrong way, didn't he?

Jimmy rolled his eyes. “Come on, Lois, neither of us believes that you are truly ‘looney tunes’, least of all you.”

“I’m dreaming about a dazzling, flying superhero who is trying to romance me, which would be all and good if these dreams were truly fantasies, but a voice inside my head that only I – and possibly one psychic – can hear has convinced me that my dreams are real, repressed memories. If that isn’t crazy enough for you…” Lois gazed at him with a raised brow, daring him with her eyes to ask her to continue. She hadn’t even gotten to the traveling back in time with H.G. Wells bit or the part where CK was Superman.

I’m thinking we can skip sharing those facts, Lois, Clark suggested.

“Why, Clark? Why should I leave out the really juicy bits?” she argued.

Jimmy’s eyes went wide and he gulped. “Because I don’t really want to hear them.”
Sheesh, Jimmy I know you read Love Fortress and all but you especially ought to know not to be that dirty-minded around her.
Lois waved his concerns away. “They’re not sexual, Jimmy. Come on, this is me we’re talking about.”

Clark made a noise that sounded like he was clearing his throat. I don’t know, Lois, I always thought you and sexy went hand-in-hand.
Hee hee hee. angel-devil I love the not-quite dirty-minded Clark.
“That in itself belongs on the wall of weird, but the bigger question is why?” He drew out this last word slowly.
OK, when you had him say this my first thought was, "Where's Chloe when you need her." But then again that's a Smallville character and not LnC.

Jimmy ran a shaking hand through his hair. “What about Superman, Lois?”

She glanced up at Jimmy and exhaled.

No, Lois, don’t…

“That before Clark was killed, Superman was real.”
Bong!!!! Hear the train headed for Deter's office? *shudder* I just hate that guy. I'm sure Deter's a sincere person but his manipulation in the series makes my skin crawl.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It amazes me that with just the least little twist in the plot, the whole story takes a different road. Lois is working (very hard) on proving her insanity instead of her brilliance. The joke is that she is the same Lois as always, and the invisible Clark is just as much Clark as he is when his body is visible. But the combination of the two in the state they are in right now in this story makes for a completely different twist in L&C history.

You have managed to make every one of the FOLCs fantasies come true. We all would love to trinker with some of the plots that we did not particularily like the first time around. With the structure of this story, you have managed to make use of the first plots and make subtle changes in them. Congrats!

Now we must dig poor old Lois out of her supposed-insanity, give poor old Clark back his life, and make Jimmy come out of this whole thing without remembering the bad parts but making him a hero for saving the story-line.

Enjoying this story.
Pat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: Thank you for your comments. Jimmy is a better friend than that, kind of, sort of. [Linked Image]

Andreia: That's the great thing about time travel stories, you change one detail and what was supposed to be your future now is back up in the air. It may not be today or tomorrow... but usually when you least expect it... your life becomes something else. I like this alt-canon Clark too, wink so I won't send him to purgatory, but I want alt-Clark to get his happily ever after. How will I be able to compromise? wave Glad you liked Lois' snarky comment.

Since I didn't get the chance to say it then, let me say now that the entire "you, but not you" Star-conversation was brilliant. I can imagine you had a lot of fun writing that section. I know I had fun reading it. Well done!
Yes, yes it was in fact, Very fun. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love Star's character, because only she and I know what in the world she's saying. This time I've made her a little less subtle than I did in Missing Lois, but at least she still confused the heck out Lois. evil

Ken: Hmmmm. Prankster was S2, which we've already passed. And ToyMan is S4, which is too far in the future. So, I'm sorry those arcs will not be included in Another Lois.

How many more situations can she get into and out of?
Lots! This is Lois. But she only has the major one and lots of little minor ones. Okay, maybe more than one major one. [Linked Image]

Joan: Yes, this is a good time to get worried about Lois. laugh

Sydney: Thanks for the input. What should I do about that dilemma? Hmmmm. Maybe you'll like alt-Clark, too. <<ducking>>

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Thanks for long FDK. hyper

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Both are true in this instance but she refuses to believe the latter because she thinks it makes her crazy. I can't wait to she what she thinks of Alt-Clark.

Lois: "You DO exist." wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Pat: Ooooh. Thank you for saying Lois is the same as her canon only her priorities have changed. I was worried about that. So, she's trying to prove her insanity? To herself? Or to others? Is this just a cry for help?

You have managed to make every one of the FOLCs fantasies come true. We all would love to trinker with some of the plots that we did not particularily like the first time around. With the structure of this story, you have managed to make use of the first plots and make subtle changes in them. Congrats!
evil

Now we must dig poor old Lois out of her supposed-insanity, give poor old Clark back his life, and make Jimmy come out of this whole thing without remembering the bad parts but making him a hero for saving the story-line.
Hmmm. Interesting hypothesis. cool

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark was dead, really, honestly dead.
clap

She felt violated, not thrilled, by the action.
She sounds like she’d have been thrilled had he not acted that way but still checked her for injuries and broken bones.

She looked at it, somehow able to walk around it, studying it from all angles.
Ooooooooh!

Lois gasped as another thought zipped across her mind. No! It couldn’t be.
Clark’s been altered by her father. He is now a cyborg!

“Lois? Are you saying there’s a fake Superman in your dream?” Star asked, confused.

“Yes, ‘cause the real one is… is…” Lois stammered.
clap

She clutched her head as she recalled Tempus, laughing and saying, ‘Duh! Clark Kent is Superman!’
Open wound. Salt. Apply.

“I just realized I’m certifiably insane. I should go now.”
Oh dear.

“Well, you seem sane to me,” Star replied. For some reason, this didn’t reassure Lois.
clap

“No. So, the only explanation is that I’m crazy.”
Oh Lois Lois Lois.

“Clark,” Lois answered, opening the door.

Star didn’t expect that reply. “About what?”

“Everything!” Lois announced and left.
Yep. But at least he didn’t propose this time around.

“I’m not crazy, Clark?” she scoffed out loud. “Hello? Not only am I hearing your voice, I’m responding to you.”
All of a sudden? Yep. Cuckoo.

“Right, and I’m perfectly sane,”
Well, since she’s not falling for his farmboy act anymore, she seems to be slipping?

You, on the other hand, are dead. Ergo, you cannot be Superman. End of discussion.”
Aaaand off we go.

. “Either you’re a dead superhero who lied to me, just like all the other men in my life, or I’m crazy. Which is it?”
Is that a trick question?

Why don’t you go back to your apartment where we can discuss this without you yelling like an insane person on the street, Lois? Clark suggested.
Do you think that is a wise thing to suggest Clark?

“You hear that world?” she called out to her residential street. “Clark Kent is Superman!”
Umm Lois?

I thought I had ended up in hell, watching the woman that I love live her life without me, not need me, and survive just fine without me.
Yes. He was a very naughty boy. He allowed a lot of people to die by not killing Lex Luthor. Bill Church. Bill Church Jr. Need I continue?

If I had told you that Superman wasn’t a figment of your imagination, but that he was once a real, living, breathing man, because I’m him, would you have ever listened to me? Would you have believed in the real me… Clark – me?
Oh dear. Yes. A normal ghost is so much more believable.

Or would you be off somewhere denying that I exist and making out with Scardino, while I suffered in agony in the back reaches of your mind?
Geez, Clark. You could always provide a running commentary. Might even get Lois to throw up on her date while they’re ‘making out’.

If hearing my voice makes you feel crazy, then I did this to you. Go on, Lois, live your life. I won’t bother you anymore, and you can be sane again.
Umm…

“No!” Lois hollered, freezing her steps as his words froze her heart. He wouldn’t dare, not after he promised he wouldn’t leave her again.
rotflol

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
, “I’d rather be crazy with you than sane without you, Clark.” Dammit, he made her admit she was in love with a figment of her imagination.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry, I couldn't get to this last night, Michael, but I was brain-dead by 11:30pm.

So, let's see, whatcha got for me? <<cracks knuckles>>

Didn’t expect *that* reaction.
hyper "Oh, goody! Clark's dead!"

Nah! That just doesn't have the same feel to it. Hhhmmmmm. It's one thing to know he's dead; it's another to actually remember the day it happened and what occured, and realize she had witnessed the whole thing.

Damage control. Also, not the Clark you’re looking for.
clap clap Oooh, I've got one for this! [Linked Image]

Yep. But at least he didn’t propose this time around.
Nope, she did.

All of a sudden? Yep. Cuckoo.
Sudden? No, I don't believe she mentioned it being sudden.

Well, since she’s not falling for his farmboy act anymore, she seems to be slipping?
It's harder to do farmboy without a body.

Is that a trick question?
Um... Yes?

Do you think that is a wise thing to suggest Clark?
No, but this is Clark.

Yes. He was a very naughty boy. He allowed a lot of people to die by not killing Lex Luthor. Bill Church. Bill Church Jr. Need I continue?
Please see Lois Handbook, Rule #89 for the rest of the list.

Oh dear. Yes. A normal ghost is so much more believable.
Am I alone out there in thinking it would be?

Geez, Clark. You could always provide a running commentary. Might even get Lois to throw up on her date while they’re ‘making out’.
True, but it still would be torture for him. Imagine him kissing Scardino from Lois' POV.

Poor Jimmy. He really picked the worst day of the 28-day calendar.
Every day is a bad day in that calender.

His usual dates pop a gum bubble while leaning over the door and telling him it’s twenty for a kiss and fifty for a homerun behind the supermarket?
No wonder he's always short of funds.

So good.
Well, yes, in his opinion.

Oh dear. She *wants* to get committed now? Put on drugs so she becomes mellow and non-biting and forgets about the voices in her head?
She feels out of control, like her life is spiraling away from her, come on... she's going to Jimmy for help.

Trust me, Lois, I know full well of Lex Luthor’s misdeeds with the law and humanity, but Superman is not God. I don’t hold life and death judgments over the people of Earth.
And this is why Nor wins in the drei fight.
But Nor is from New Krypton. He doesn't count.

So, he saves Lex because Lois might learn the truth but dies in front of the public because Lois shouldn’t learn the truth? /blissfully ignores that others would have learned the truth as well/
Do you mean "dies" or "lies"?

Do you mean, Clark saved Lex while being held hostage but let him die on his wedding day? Um... I had always wondered why he did that, too, except the fact that Lex had it coming to him and it would have given away his secret identity to pull away from Lois and save Lex at that very moment. Everyone on the boards have said it's because Clark was too weak due to green K exposure. Although, I personally didn't get that from watching the episode originally (or the next 3 times). Actually, I didn't get that meaning until I read a bunch of stories on the boards.

If 'lies', well... yeah, he didn't want others to know.

/imagines Wolfe at next press conference/ “Next question? … Yes, the freakshow in the first row.”
Really think he would have called on her?

Oh you *really* enjoyed this, didn’t you?
Who me? laugh Jimmy had the inside advantage on that bet.

Worried she’s not bananas?
With his luck...

Oh boy. That’s a nice twist indeed.
She didn't say that Clark was Superman. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry, I couldn't get to this last night, Michael, but I was brain-dead by 11:30pm.
blush /looks for sleeping devil smiley...

You do realize that this is still "blind" Lois, right?
Fine. /goes drawing a diagram/

What are you talking about? She knows how to make chocolate filled frogs and chocoate dipped frogs. Okay, neither of those menu items the frog isn't killed beforehand, but - hey - he's Superman, eating live stuff shouldn't be a problem for him.
wave Michael

PS: Disclaimer: Please do not refresh browser continuously, searching for particular FDK. I only just managed to read part 21. Well, am reading part 21 right now and FDK is at least 20 hours away frown

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/looks for sleeping devil smiley...
Let's see I found a pink sleeper: [Linked Image] or an orange one... [Linked Image] Neither is very devilish. I'm thinking that the devil never sleeps is probably the answer.

Chocolate frogs, the wholesome sustenance for a clois.
I'll have to ask Marcus is Clois ever ate any Chocolate frogs in his L&C and Harry Potter crossover fics.

That's why Clark's rescuing her so often! And then takes off in a hurry.
rotflol

PS: Disclaimer: Please do not refresh browser continuously, searching for particular FDK. I only just managed to read part 21. Well, am reading part 21 right now and FDK is at least 20 hours away frown
But... But.... But... that's after I post Part 23 tonight! If it takes me a while to respond, it's either because I'm still hiding peep or my other readers will have found me and... Well, I'll try to respond if I'm still alive. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm thinking that the devil never sleeps is probably the answer.
Does this mean you just gave reason for giving up sleeping in favor writing? [Linked Image]

I'll have to ask Marcus is Clois ever ate any Chocolate frogs in his L&C and Harry Potter crossover fics.
There's one on the Archive about those. Umm...
http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2010/owlsovr2.txt
Okay, that's by Marcus. Did you mean this one?

If it takes me a while to respond, it's either because I'm still hiding [Peep] or my other readers will have found me and... Well, I'll try to respond if I'm still alive.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Does this mean you just gave reason for giving up sleeping in favor writing?
Who me? I've been crashing at 11:30pm. laugh

There's one on the Archive about those. Umm...
http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2010/owlsovr2.txt
Okay, that's by Marcus. Did you mean this one?
Well, I guess, I don't have to ask Marcus. Yep, that one will do. laugh

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard