Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#86300 05/05/12 08:23 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the [i]Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] TOC here.

Feeling [Linked Image] yet?

Have all... most... some... of your questions been answered?

[Linked Image]

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 02:44 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Yay, I just knew Star would have some answers... even if they were the most convoluted confusing answers ever.

Star smiled. “Your partner asked me to come.”
Clark is so sweet.

“He doesn’t trust the man with the green eyes,” Star explained, sitting down on the sofa.
Well that's universal.

“I was responding to your thoughts. Small weddings are much more romantic.”
Probably one of the smallest with only her, Clark and a single witness.

“Lois, your brain is like a cheap TV, full of static, but one thing is coming through loud and clear,” Star said.

The skeptical reporter couldn’t wait to hear what it was.

“You love Clark.”

Lois’ jaw dropped. No. Well, yes, but there was no way that this woman could have pulled that out of thin air. “Jimmy told you.”

Star scrunched her eyes. “Who?”
Yay! I just knew it was Clark she was speaking to!

“Anyway, it happens after the dead man returns,” Star explained.
The prediction of Alt-Clark's arrival?

"Yes, the dead man returns. You die. Then time starts over,” Star said, ticking the timeline off on her fingers.
Makes sense. Alt-Clark comes to Lois's world and she goes with him to the beginning of when she meet original Clark to start things over.

Star knocked the event out of the air as unimportant. “You die, but it’s not really you.” She lifted up her finger. “Actually, it’s this… your death, or what is assumed to be your death… is the catalyst for time to change. I guess it angers the gods or something.”
I'm sure it would anger Rao as well as our planet's God. If Jor-El hadn't sent Kal-El to Earth, their soulmate selves never would have met.

“And will I be happy?” Lois had to ask. “When the mostly dead man returns?”

“Oh, no. You’ll be miserable.”
That actually sounds about right for when they first met. We know that at first she was tolerating Clark rather than actually enjoying her time with him. It was only in retrospect (and discarding her interest in Superman) that she recognized the positive elements about him.

“Oh, yes. He’s a tyrant. And you must be on the lookout for his ex-wife. She’s the one who kills you… the ‘other you’ you. The one that’s not you,” clarified Star with this rain of mud.
Wait, what? Ex-wife. Zara? And is Herb bringing Alt-Clark over only to have him temporarily marry her and save Lois?

“He was engaged, but it got broken off because he met you… only not you.” Star’s brow furrowed.
Ah, she's talking about her original Lois self at the moment, not the current Lois self.

“No. The ‘not you’ that gets killed won’t really be you, just someone made to look like you. This ‘other you’ that broke up Clark’s engagement really is you, only not really.”
Hmmmm... sooo... the broken off engagement-Lois is Clone-Lois rather than original Lois.

“No. The ‘not you’ that gets killed won’t really be you, just someone made to look like you. This ‘other you’ that broke up Clark’s engagement really is you, only not really.”
Ok, we have Original canon, alt-canon (with both real and Clone Loises) and alt-dimension (with as far as we can tell a dead Lois.)

“Clark is married to this other me? The me that dies?” Lois grasped onto something that made sense.

“No, the one that broke up his engagement. And she’s married to her Clark, not your Clark,” Star said, eyeing the ice cream.

“There’s more than one Clark? What? The ‘before’ Clark and the ‘after’ Clark?” Lois asked.
Yup, three Clarks not just two.

“Yes. There’s Old Clark and New Clark,” the psychic announced with a grin. “I wondered why Clark said to tell you goodbye. He’s not coming back. He’s lost, but he knows you’ll be okay, because you’ll have the New Clark, see?”
What happened to original recipe Clark? Or is that original Clark?

“Old Clark gets lost when the future becomes the past. He’ll be Old Clark, but you’ll have a New Clark.”

“I don’t want a New Clark, I love the Old Clark!” Lois said adamantly.

“You’ll love the New Clark too,” Star reassured her.
Jimmy would interpret that to mean that HE is the "New Clark."

"And the New Clark needs you. Right now he’s drowning in sorrow because he lost his Lois like you’ll lose your Clark. Well, lost your Clark.” She cocked her head to the side. “You don’t really have him, do you?”
If she's talking about a corporeal Clark, she most certainly doesn't.

“Then let’s stop the past from becoming the future!” Lois said. It seemed obvious what must be done. “I’ve invested too much to lose Clark now. Tyrant or not.”

“Clark isn’t a tyrant.”

“Huh?” Hadn’t Star said that the dead man was a tyrant?
It took me a re-read to figure this out. The tyrant is Luthor, the ex-wife is Arianna Carlin and then the Old Clark, is original recipe Clark dead at birth and New Clark is Alt-Clark.

“And is New Clark like Old Clark?” Lois snapped, getting more and more aggravated by this whole scenario. As if people were interchangeable. Why was she giving this woman time of day again?
“Yes, in all the ways that are important. He will love you more than anyone ever has. He will protect you and care for you. The two of you will be happy until death do you part.”
Yes, he most certainly would.

“Well, no. You and Old Clark are a perfect fit. One hundred out of one hundred. Soul mates. Once your life with New Clark has ended and you have died, you and Old Clark will find each other again. You and New Clark are a close match, but only like ninety-five out of one hundred. Alike souls but not a perfect match. You will be happy with New Clark, Lois, and he will be happy with you. You both will take what life has dealt each of you and make the most of it.”
Most definitely Alt-Clark.

That’s what I want too, honey, but if it doesn’t happen, if I can’t be there for you, I’d rather you find happiness with this New Clark – as long as he isn’t a clone – than with Luthor, Scardino, or Patrick. Because if this New Clark is anything like me, he’ll love you with all of his being.
I just knew he wouldn't have too much trouble with Alt-Clark being her happiness. On second re-read though, won't he think Alt-Clark is a clone?

She took a deep breath and wiped the tears from her cheeks. She set the half-gallon of ice cream on the coffee table and faced Star. “You said that I die after Clark returned from the dead, right?”

“No, I didn’t say that. Old Clark remains dead,” said Star, reaching over to the ice cream with her spoon.

“What about his ex-wife?” Lois screamed.

I was never married, Clark said at the same time Star told Lois, “Not Clark’s ex-wife.”
This was the point in which I went back and re-read everything Star said and did some sort of diagram to figure it out. Sometimes you actually need to doodle out (with multiple colors of pen) what she's said for it to make sense.

According to Star, Lois is the one out of sync with this world because her soulmate is dead. I can't wait for her to meet her "almost soulmate." Something tells me she'll put two and two together when that happens if she hadn't already. I seriously hope you've written one where she does finish that novel she told Clark about on Trask's plane. It'd be curious to read.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

Okay, you've really set the table with this one.

Now we have multiple Clarks and more than a couple of Loises.

Star has gotten into the act and Herb is about to show up with Alt Clark.

She's about to walk into the liol's den with Patrick.

Somebody said she was using up her nine lives rapidly and I would tend to agree.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WOW!

Powerful story. Love internal, love external, and love eternal. All in love with Clark.

Until the last 2 paragraphs, I was going to give this one a happy face! Still will, but worried about Lois going to meet Patrick.

I predict it is going to get worse before it gets better, but this is one whale of a tale. Don't ever under-estimate the power of love to make the world stand still and people come out of the woodwork with ice cream and warnings. Not sure if the ice cream will protect Lois, but it can't hurt either.

Pat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sydney: Wow! Someone's excited about being first reading my story. dance

Oh! I don't know and yes, I have a big headache: I need a big bowl of chocolate ice cream... and I don't have any ice cream in the freezer... and it's Sunday .... and all the shops are closed in my town!
Sorry, fresh out of chocolate ice cream. How about strawberry? [Linked Image] with a side of chocolate bar? [Linked Image] (That smilie reminds me of Lois during "Madame Ex".)

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Hmmm. I'm losing my subtlety, huh? wink
Yay, I just knew Star would have some answers... even if they were the most convoluted confusing answers ever.
Well, she is one of my favorite characters; I couldn't just mention her and leave it at that. And you just knew that, didn't you? blush

“He doesn’t trust the man with the green eyes,” Star explained, sitting down on the sofa.
Well that's universal.
I guess you're right. He also doesn't trust the man with the blue eyes, the hazel eyes, the brown eyes...

Probably one of the smallest with only her, Clark and a single witness.
But it wouldn't be much of a honeymoon.

The prediction of Alt-Clark's arrival?
[Linked Image]

Makes sense. Alt-Clark comes to Lois's world and she goes with him to the beginning of when she meet original Clark to start things over.
cool

I'm sure it would anger Rao as well as our planet's God. If Jor-El hadn't sent Kal-El to Earth, their soulmate selves never would have met.
I'm sure love would have found a way. laugh

That actually sounds about right for when they first met. We know that at first she was tolerating Clark rather than actually enjoying her time with him. It was only in retrospect (and discarding her interest in Superman) that she recognized the positive elements about him.
[Linked Image]

Wait, what? Ex-wife. Zara? And is Herb bringing Alt-Clark over only to have him temporarily marry her and save Lois?
<<cough, cough>> [Linked Image] Excuse me, I needed to rewet my whistle. laugh

What happened to original recipe Clark? Or is that original Clark?
As stated previously, canon Clark and canon Lois are safe and sound (well, at least for them) in their own dimension.

Jimmy would interpret that to mean that HE is the "New Clark."
clap clap [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Thanks for your thoughts. Sorry, I couldn't comment more due to spoilage rules.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ken: Yep, I've set the table. Well, yes, I'm hoping for a big party dance by myself again.

Now we have multiple Clarks and more than a couple of Loises.
blush Yeah, well, you know Michael has mentioned my repetition of themes in my stories. I'm a sucker for more than one Clark & Lois. Don't worry, I'm letting more characters play this time. evil

Star has gotten into the act and Herb is about to show up with Alt Clark.
[Linked Image]

She's about to walk into the lion's den with Patrick.
What? Lois jump in without checking the water level first? NEVER!

Somebody said she was using up her nine lives rapidly and I would tend to agree.
Oh, dear. (psst. I didn't make Lois Catwoman in this story. wink )

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
WOW!
<<looking down at my foot making patterns on the dirt.>> Thanks, Pat. blush

Powerful story. Love internal, love external, and love eternal. All in love with Clark.
Oh, I'm sorry. Was Lois supposed to fall for Dan, Lex, Patrick, or Spencer(x2) in this story? Or Jimmy? shock

Until the last 2 paragraphs, I was going to give this one a happy face!
Darn! I was so close too. wink

Still will, but worried about Lois going to meet Patrick.
Why? Have you read ahead? [Linked Image] Oh, right, S3 episode. Well, that doesn't happen here. [Linked Image] They just sit down and have a boring discussion about history during a candlelit dinner. laugh [Linked Image]

I predict it is going to get worse before it gets better, but this is one whale of a tale.
That's a VERY good prediction. And, technically, this (Book 1) counts as one of my medium length stories, not my whales.

Don't ever under-estimate the power of love to make the world stand still and people come out of the woodwork with ice cream and warnings. Not sure if the ice cream will protect Lois, but it can't hurt either.
When life hands you Patricks, it's good to have some ice cream on hand. Oh, terribly sorry. Here's your virtual ice cream cone. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Sorry, fresh out of chocolate ice cream. How about strawberry? with a side of chocolate bar?
Yes, Virginia! Thank you so much! smile

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“In the flesh,” Patrick admitted, holding out his arms.
[Linked Image]
Oops?

Patrick better be careful or Perry would insist that Patrick give the Coates charity ten thousand gold bars.
Finally!

“You look great, filled out in all the right places.”
razz (I know. Show writer.)

She blushed bashfully at this brazen comment. “You look great too.”
Lois! On an unrelated note, did you know that Landsknechte of Renaissance Europe wore oversized codpieces to boast and intimidate?

I met him when I was an exchange student in Ireland,” Lois explained.
She likely exchanged her virginity for an education in Irish pubs and wealthy heirs.

Evening. A dinner date happens in the evening, not night.
clap That’s what the pepper spray’s for.

“So, ten thousand dollars. You didn’t happen to see that movie Indecent Proposal, did you?”

“Yes,” Patrick replied. “I loved it.”
Show?

She hadn’t liked being auctioned off like a prize steer.
Cow. Prize cow.

Referring to her as being equal to prostitute wasn’t earning Patrick any points either.
Huh. Funny thing is, neither did it work for Clark that other time. /starts sensing a pattern: Lois doesn’t like being compared to a prostitute clap

“But a real looker and
clap What if a bad guy hides a timebomb inside an icebomb?

“Ah.” Lois accepted the gift because, as a rule, she never turned down ice cream. It amazed her that she had never been abducted as a child.
rotflol /rereads as ‘surprised she’d not been abducted more often as a child’/

Star smiled. “Your partner asked me to come.”
Look at that. Is he already stepping out on Lois?

“He doesn’t think you’re listening to him and he’s blue in the face from trying. So, he thought that perhaps I could talk some sense into you. And you’re right; I couldn’t agree more.”
Hmmm…Another Clark?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I was responding to your thoughts. Small weddings are much more romantic.”
/goes out and gets a 12pF capacitor…Hmm…if I hold it there and push really hard, could I jam it into her skull…?/

“You love Clark.”
laugh And…show?

“But now I only see the past,” explained Star.
Oh dear.

“It’s not just your future,” Star said with wide eyes. “Everyone in Metropolis’s future as well.”
laugh

Clark. Smelling like mildew.

“Well, he’s not actually dead. Just a part of him is dead. Can you be partially dead?”
If you’re strapped across the multiverse.

“Yes, the dead man returns. You die. Then time starts over,”
wave Michael

Edit: What do you mean, 'Catwoman'? /taps foot and waits for next new story/ Also, loved the candy-bar-smiley and connotation.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Thank you for giving a few of your spare minutes between sweeps. wink

Lois! On an unrelated note, did you know that Landsknechte of Renaissance Europe wore oversized codpieces to boast and intimidate?
You mean codpieces = sports car? The bigger and flashier they were the more they were compensating?

Show?
Yep, show. I never saw the movie.

Cow. Prize cow.
Right. blush Thanks. I'll fix that.

Huh. Funny thing is, neither did it work for Clark that other time. /starts sensing a pattern: Lois doesn’t like being compared to a prostitute /
And yet she's willing to wear a leash.

So, how’s she supposed to make Clark jealous like that?
She's passed the making Clark jealous phase.

Yes. His *hotel*. He just bought it.
Possibly. It's canon. They weren't very specific, so I changed it up a bit. laugh

/points at Ralph’s tombstone/
That was just that ONE time.

Junior Luthor? Is that the new name for the Honeymoon Suite?
Nope, just one of the lessor of the Luthor suites.

Didn’t he just say he *liked* Indecent Proposal?
Hmmmm. You're right, but it's not much of a sarifice to kill someone ELSE's wife.

Oops? And is ‘dead finance’ considered a snafu, these days?
Freudian slip?

“Jimmy will even stay for the nightcap after I leave for my own bed.”
"Gee, thanks, Lois."

But how’s he supposed to sacrifice her that way?
laugh Patrick never sacrifices on a first date.

laugh: Third? Oh, Billy Boy counts?
Yep.

Wait. /re-reads again/ Oops. *l*ooker! My bad.
Looker / Hooker doesn't matter to Jimmy until the end of the date.

What if a bad guy hides a timebomb inside an icebomb?
Sssshhh. You might give them ideas.

Look at that. Is he already stepping out on Lois?
[Linked Image] Just a conversation.

Hmmm…Another Clark?
Geez. How many of those guys are there in this story?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
- Part 2 - FDK - hyper Thanks, Michael, for the thorough read. laugh

/goes out and gets a 12pF capacitor…Hmm…if I hold it there and push really hard, could I jam it into her skull…?/
confused Please translate into English.

And…show?
Yep. "Contact", I think.

Clark. Smelling like mildew.
And liking brains.

Lex is early. Or there’s still a lot of stuff to happen before he returns.
I think you mean "Lex is late". Didn't he return in S2 Pheonix?

Is that because he’s resurrected? Because his hair-follicles are dead? Or is it because is soul is still as dead as it was before?
[Linked Image]

Lois’s double. But what’s the motivation for Arianna?
[Linked Image]

Lois already doesn’t like shrinks.
Really?

See? All perfectly logical: There’s the Lois that’s not Lois and the Lois that’s Lois but not Lois.
Exactly!

Too bad that Clark’s birthwife is not in the mix, too. Just to give Star a headache
No Zara in this story. That's too far into S3.

Ice cream.
clap rotflol

/gets biiig tub of popcorn/
[Linked Image]

/hears alarm bells/
Oh, is that what that was? And here I thought it was another darn car alarm.

He’ll sacrifice himself to the mask. Good thing the Green-eyed God needs virgin sacrifice.
I don't think so, since Patrick's dad sacrificed his mom.

Edit: What do you mean, 'Catwoman'?
In ML, Lois wore a cat suit. [Linked Image] I didn't say she was THE Catwoman. wink

/taps foot and waits for next new story/ Also, loved the candy-bar-smiley and connotation.
[Linked Image] Est. Start posting date May 26th. / yeah, didn't that look like Lois?/

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Sorry, fresh out of chocolate ice cream. How about strawberry? with a side of chocolate bar?
Yes, Virginia! Thank you so much! smile

wave
You're welcome, very much. laugh

Oh, and I forgot to warn everyone, these next 6 Parts are a bit longer than usual (just by a few pages). My apologies. blush

VirginiaR.
---
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
“Didn’t we celebrate the first night of our honeymoon at the Lexor, Jimmy?”
What is Lois getting Jimmy into?

“Why is that? How come no matter how many times we tell people we’re in love, engaged or married, nobody believes us?”
That had me laughing.

Oh boy! hyper

So New Clark is Alt-Clark and Lois will be reunited with Old Clark when she dies? And Old Clark doesn't return? Things are getting interesting.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Hi Joan!

What is Lois getting Jimmy into?
That was in reference to HiM, where Jimmy played Clark's part as her "husband", nothing more.

So New Clark is Alt-Clark and Lois will be reunited with Old Clark when she dies? And Old Clark doesn't return? Things are getting interesting.
[Linked Image] Interesting?... um... yes. laugh

[Linked Image] We're about to speed downwards fast and do a loop-de-loop. Take your Dramamine (motion-sickness medicine). [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
I'm afraid I'm with Lois on this one. Star has me completely befuddled. All I can make of it is that Alt-Clark is coming to take Clark's place in the world, nothing in the past will be changed, and eventually she will be reunited with her Clark when she's dead, because he's never coming back? NO! You can't be so cruel! And there's only seven more chapters?! This can't be happening! Gah!

Hopefully I'll get to read more later on today. laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
I'm afraid I'm with Lois on this one. Star has me completely befuddled. All I can make of it is that Alt-Clark is coming to take Clark's place in the world, nothing in the past will be changed, and eventually she will be reunited with her Clark when she's dead, because he's never coming back? NO! You can't be so cruel! And there's only seven more chapters?! This can't be happening! Gah!

Hopefully I'll get to read more later on today. laugh
Note quite. [Linked Image] Plus, Star may be wrong. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you for giving a few of your spare minutes between sweeps.
Oh dear. I think I just managed to get hopelessly behind on things wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard