Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#86228 05/03/12 08:30 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the [i]Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] TOC here.

Well, I'm just going to ... [Linked Image]

Comments?

BTW: Is 'Dancing with the Stars' or 'Game (Gang?) of Thrones' on tonight? It sure is quiet on the boards. It must be May sweeps.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 02:41 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Ah, sweeps. One of the many reasons I love May. wink

Great chapter! I'm a little dissappointed that Martha didn't let Lois back in and tear into her, but I suppose the story must go on.

Um, when is Clark going to let her know just why he's so melancholy all the time? Something to do with a man in tights? Or is it one of those situations where he only knows what Lois knows at the time (or at least, that's what he will claim)? Methinks that will not go over so well. And Lois seems so sensitive about the lying issue, especially now of all times, after discovering Luthor's betrayal of her. Surely Clark sees this, right? Right...? Clark! wallbash

Patrick? Patrick?! No! There's no Superman here! Don't go, Lois! Don't do it!

Can't wait for the next chapter! It's not as much FDK as usual, but I'm working my way back into the game. laugh Again, great job so far!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Whoops. Double post. Apologies. blush blush blush

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Patrick? Patrick?! No! There's no Superman here!
I'm not so sure: in the Prologue, Alt-Clark wanted to go to another dimension to save another Lois. I found the quote:

“We’ve been over this, Herb. Lois needs me. Without my interfer… help, she won’t survive.” And without her neither would he. “I promised I would save her.”
So Alt-Clark will go to this Lois'dimension and he'll save her from Patrick. Anyway, that's my guess.

And after that? Will Dream-Clark be replaced by Alt-Clark? And will Dream-Clark disappear? Or will Alt-Clark have Dream-Clark's memories? I don't know... and now I have an headache.

Post very soon, please: you CANNOT leave us like this.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup Still loving this story!

Yes, sad that Martha and Jonathan did not give Lois more of a chance. So, I'm guessing Martha is *not* dreaming about Clark. If she were, (a) she might have recognized Lois as his work partner and/or the Daily Planet as his place of work, and (b) she might have recognized him from Lois's descriptions. Maybe he will make a dream appearance now, and that will be what brings M&J to Metropolis looking for Lois and ready to help? I *do* hope they come around and help before she manages to save him, because they're going to feel an awful lot of guilt otherwise. Unless, of course, all of this is wiped from their memories when Clark comes alive. This is all so complicated, I think now *I'm* getting a headache!

I had totally forgotten about the prologue. Hmm, interesting posibilities here. I'm looking forward to reading more and seeing where you are going to take this. wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: Ah, Martha. I think the gentle readers need to remember what this must have been like from her POV. Here's a woman who tells Martha that she's looking for a tall, dark, and handsome man roughly her own age. Then Martha finds out that Lois is a reporter and she's actually looking for Martha's "son" -- who happens to be a dead baby alien, she had found 30 years before; so initially she thinks eek "our secret is out". Then Lois tells her that "Clark" grown-up self is communicating with her from the beyond and that she can save him from that fate. Does Lois sound like someone sane enough for Martha and Jonathan should believe? Especially if Lois hasn't mentioned Clark's most unique secret? NOPE! She's nutso, and the Kents don't want to have anything to do with her. laugh Don't worry, their part in this story isn't over yet.

Or is it one of those situations where he only knows what Lois knows at the time (or at least, that's what he will claim)?
Clark's reticence in Smallville will be explained later.

Methinks that will not go over so well. And Lois seems so sensitive about the lying issue, especially now of all times, after discovering Luthor's betrayal of her. Surely Clark sees this, right? Right...? Clark!
Yep, there's some of that, and something else.

Patrick? Patrick?! No! There's no Superman here! Don't go, Lois! Don't do it!
clap Glad I didn't scare you away with my lack of reaction from the Kents. Phew!

Yes, sad that Martha and Jonathan did not give Lois more of a chance. So, I'm guessing Martha is *not* dreaming about Clark.
Nope. I believe Clark's exact words (from Part 16) were:

There’s you, and there’s me. There is no beyond. That I can communicate with you is miracle enough for me.
That is all of a clue I can give at this time.

This is all so complicated, I think now *I'm* getting a headache!
Terribly sorry. I have more Headache shots left. Want one? evil And I'm looking forward to not being killed before I can post Book 2. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
According to my posting calendar the next part will post late Sat night before I go to bed.
Late Saturday in the US: for me, it will be Sunday morning for breakfast. It is SO long. I'll have the time to find a lot of interesting (or crazy) theories. I already have one: Dream-Clark is beginning to have Alt-Clark memories. It's why he was so quiet in Smallville: he was remembering his parents'death. hyper hyper hyper hyper

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well I knew Martha wasnt talking to Clark but that doesn't mean she wasn't dreaming about him. Or maybe it does mean that in your story but I was thinking that maybe it didn't. Or something.
help

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Late Saturday in the US: for me, it will be Sunday morning for breakfast. It is SO long.
Sorry, I can't speed up the posting schedule, because I'm trying to write Book 2 while posting Book 1 (this story). And if I quicken the posting schedule for this story I'll have to slow it down for Book 2 and Michael has told me that is unacceptable.

I'll have the time to find a lot of interesting (or crazy) theories. I already have one: Dream-Clark is beginning to have Alt-Clark memories. It's why he was so quiet in Smallville: he was remembering his parents'death. hyper hyper hyper hyper
I'm okay with addiction to my stories. dance Thank you.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Vicki:
Well I knew Martha wasnt talking to Clark but that doesn't mean she wasn't dreaming about him. Or maybe it does mean that in your story but I was thinking that maybe it didn't. Or something.
help
So, you still want that Headache shot then? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh no! The druid wannabe! Yep, for this one it's gonna need to be Alt Superman to the rescue.

Maybe he will also be the connection to Herb that Lois needs.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Oh no! The druid wannabe! Yep, for this one it's gonna need to be Alt Superman to the rescue.
Hmmmmm. cool

Maybe he will also be the connection to Herb that Lois needs.
Maybe in a 'roundabout, that wasn't supposed to happen' way. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Run, Lois, run! You had better get your memories of the past back on this one, because you are in a lot of trouble, and the pepper-spray might not make it.

With eight more episodes left, I assume that Lois will not perish in this episode, but she needs to get Clark/Superman back in present history. She is using up her nine lives, quickly, in your story. Glad she's in your hands, and you like Lois, because she'd be in trouble if you wanted to rub her out.

Here for at least 8 more,
Pat

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
While everyone's picking up on the druid from Ireland I'm picking up some serious juju about Star. I can't wait to see what comes from that.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Pat: Glad you plan on sticking with me until the end. <<cough, cough>> Can you remember that pledge around Part 23? [Linked Image] (Psst/ You won't want to miss the Epilogue either.)

With eight more episodes left, I assume that Lois will not perish in this episode, but she needs to get Clark/Superman back in present history.
No, Lois did not die upon meeting Patrick. Oh, you mean, the next Part. No, Lois does not die in Part 18, either. laugh

She is using up her nine lives, quickly, in your story. Glad she's in your hands, and you like Lois, because she'd be in trouble if you wanted to rub her out.
Well, the story IS from her POV. If I rubbed her out... well, that would make that aspect more difficult. dance Well, okay, not ALL your questions, otherwise why would you read the rest of the story. MOST of your questions will be answered. The WHO... okay, SOME of the who. The WHAT... okay, I just kind of touch on the what. The HOW... fine! I hardly touch on the how at all. The WHERE... Nope, I kind of miss this one altogether. The WHY... Well, that's obvious... kind of, sort of, not really at all. And, the major one, the WHEN! Yes, I completely tell you WHEN everything is going to happen in my vague, unclear fudging sort of way. But ALL... er.... MOST... um... SOME of your questions will be answered in Part 18. [Linked Image] Never mind.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1 There’s not going to be a new part on Monday, right? Still have time to catch up? Also, Game of Thrones. On Sunday. Well, Monday, for us temporally challenged. Plus, May-sweeps are cool. Have you seen all the drama and cliffies on the boards, lately?

Lois could see her stuff on the porch piled next to the front door before she even walked up the steps
So, they really want her gone, then? Or was it just to make sure she didn’t swipe any bathrobes? Or pitchforks.

Pulling open the screen door, she tried to open the main door. Locked.
/imagines Kents and remaining guests huddled behind door, holding a gun and praying the evil monster leaves.

She felt her pocket and then remembered, she had left them next to her plate on the breakfast table. Crap.
Doesn’t she have lock-picks?

“Clark wasn’t supposed to die. He was supposed to live and grow up, be a reporter with me – my partner at the Daily Planet.”
Beep Buup. Beep. “Hello? Sheriff Harris? This is Martha Kent. Yes, The Farm. We’ve got a mentally unstable former guest stalking the premises. Yes, we do own a shotgun, but I’d prefer not to use it. No, it’s just that entrails are so hard to get out of the tulips. You’re going to send someone? Good. Doc Mecken? Horse tranquilizers? Okay. Thanks.”

“Please. His ghost speaks to me.”
/imagines this to convince Martha to open the door. Nor.

Is that what you think I am? A ghost?

~You got a better term?~ Lois retorted.

No. I guess ghost will do, but aren’t they supposed to have like a noncorporeal body or something?
How about Noncorporeal American? Disembodied American? Corporally challenged?

Maybe we should just go…
[…]
One more minute, Lois. Can we just wait one more minute? Clark pleaded softly.
Geez, Clark. Pick one and stick to it.

“Whooo-Hooo! Olsen, you owe this old Memphis newshound twenty dollars, son,” Perry called as Lois slunk into work two days later.
clap clap

“You didn’t have any problems with the bachelors auctioning off themselves for the blind a few years back,” Perry reminded her.
/points towards happy double standard/

“You’ll have complete control over the date: where you go, what you’ll do... Everything,” Perry said.
So, happy ending not guaranteed, then? Poor customer, getting a real date-experience ‘date’.

Come on, honey. Orphans.
Really, Clark?

Clark would be begging her to do this.
Good to have such a caring pimp.

~I can’t believe you’re encouraging me to auction myself off to the highest bidder, Clark. I would think you’d rather have me at home for an early night of one-on-one dream-dating.~
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Do I get to bring my pepper spray?” she asked her boss.
Oooooh! Kinky!

I thought we agreed you weren’t going to do this.
What *is* it with Clark? He keeps sending those mixed signals.

Seeing, hearing, and feeling me be with another man? Is that what you really want, Clark?~
goofy That’s what Clark gets for being cocky. Also, will the mask bring the ghost out of Lois?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Um... Michael:, I posted part 18 last night (my time). Part 19 will be posted late Monday night before I go to bed (I used to post first thing in the morning, but then I spent all day distracted with checking for FDK; this way, I can give people the opporunity to read and comment, and I get some sleep. Also it's also a boon for those non-US readers who wake up shortly after or around the time I post.)

Well, Monday, for us temporally challenged. Plus, May-sweeps are cool. Have you seen all the drama and cliffies on the boards, lately?
Hmmmm. Is someone else posting stories besides me, DC, and Ken? Oh, those new Smallville & Supergirl stories? Um... I haven't checked them out because I'm STILL waiting for Netflix to buy more S4 Smallville DVDs, so I don't want to be spoiled by reading about events I don't know about. I'm not really familiar with the the Kara character... it's on my to-do list, but not for today. Hmmm, lets see...
1) reply to Michael's FDK for 17
2) write FDK to Ken's newest part
3) review Part 18 of Book Two, add finishing touches, send off to Beta.
4) weed strawberry patch.
5) reply to FDK for Part 18 (if I can sneak back onto the computer)
6) start writing Part 19 of Book 2 (see above note)
7) sleep

About cliffies, well, I LOVE 'em. cool

So, they really want her gone, then? Or was it just to make sure she didn’t swipe any bathrobes? Or pitchforks.
They don't supply bathrobes and the pitchforks are in the barn, if she really wants them, which I can't see her doing.

/imagines Kents and remaining guests huddled behind door, holding a gun and praying the evil monster leaves.
Lois is the only guest at the moment.

Doesn’t she have lock-picks?
Right, THAT's the way to show them she comes in peace. [Linked Image]

Beep Buup. Beep. “Hello? Sheriff Harris? This is Martha Kent. Yes, The Farm. We’ve got a mentally unstable former guest stalking the premises. Yes, we do own a shotgun, but I’d prefer not to use it. No, it’s just that entrails are so hard to get out of the tulips. You’re going to send someone? Good. Doc Mecken? Horse tranquilizers? Okay. Thanks.”
clap

/imagines this to convince Martha to open the door. Nor.
Nor? He's there? Is *that* why the Kents aren't coming the door? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Part 2 - FDK -

What *is* it with Clark? He keeps sending those mixed signals.
He's conflicted? Anyway, it's hard not to send mixed signals when you're actually one man with two personalities that you don't want your true love to know about.

Did I ever ask if you ever read Dune?
Yes, you did. And, yes, I did, back in high school. I remember lots of sand, blue eyes from eating too much salt, and nasty huge worms that liked piggy back rides, but that's about it.

Perhaps you’ll remember that the next time you encourage me to sell myself to the highest bidder!~
If she puts it like that, it does sound kind of kinky.
Hmmm. Perhaps, I need to reprase. "Perhaps you'll remember that next time BEFORE you encourage me to sell myself to the highest bidder!"

What? How? Where? What? How? Also, you just blew out my BC counter. It’s now stuck at BC: 99,999. Happy, now?
The capital city of Pacifonesia got blasted by Bob Fences because they refused to pay the ransom / extortion / blackmail money (see "Contact" Not Jody Foster movie) by the machine he concocted that Superman should have stopped and ended up hurting Lois, because she HAD to be in the room with them, causing Clark to break up with her for her own good. Nicknamed here as the "death ray."

I'm sorry, should I have warned you that you needed to delux BC counter for my story? [Linked Image] Oh, WAIT, I did. I remember stating earlier, LOTS of People Would Die! <<mumbles>> Nobody believe me. Not everything I write is sarcasm people! Most of it, but not everything!

True, neutron bombs make a greater mess, but wiping out a city without too much property damage is not *that* unheard of.
Too bad Lex Luthor isn't alive. He'd love to get his hands on one of those. It's like the super-duper-toaster!

So, she’s married to Tank, then?
Clark "The Tank" Kent?

Hello? One X and one Y, there. What does she expect?
More.

She still got long hair. She needs to cut it. She’s actually overdue already. Will she cut it to spite non-corporeal Clark? Or so Alt-Clark can recognize her?
Hmmm. So adding in the discussion about the hair-cut isn't enough, huh? Hmmmm. I'll have to get back to you.

*Pick* one, woman. Just. Pick. One. And stick to it.
But at least she's as wishy-washy as Clark! laugh

So, they’re already married?
clap

Someone sacrifices a virgin to pay off the God of Thieves?
Really must check out that show. It's less violent than "The Walking Dead" right?

How about when she gets gagged by a criminal?
Have you noticed that Superman never leaves the gag on her after he rescues her? He's never heard her be silent for 5 minutes.

Moooooooh!
laugh

Nah. Couldn’t be. She’s just looking for a date for the evening.
A woman's got needs, that a ghost boyfriend just can't handle.

Will Jimmy take her to a wedding chapel?
No.

That’s what Clark gets for being cocky.
Yep.

Also, will the mask bring the ghost out of Lois?
And into Patrick! shock Hmmmm, interesting theory. cool

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I posted part 18 last night (my time).
Was going for part 19.

Part 19 will be posted late Monday night before I go to bed (I used to post first thing in the morning, but then I spent all day distracted with checking for FDK; this way, I can give people the opporunity to read and comment, and I get some sleep.
wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard