Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#86204 05/01/12 08:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the [i]Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] TOC here.

Does that answer some of your questions? laugh Or just give you new ones?

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 02:38 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
With the ripples of the rock in a stream, these lives are so connected that people who never met Clark still felt the changes because he was not in the picture. Lois is stirring up a whole hornet's nest of things by looking for this person who is not alive right now. But the sting will not be as bad as the gaping hole left without Clark in the picture.

I like how your mind works. Martha is going to kick out a paying/working customer to protect a secret from years ago? I can't wait to see how they are going to make this come back together with all the puzzle pieces fit together.

Pat

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Yeah - Lois has discovered that Clark was killed as a baby. Can't wait to see her approach Martha and Jonathan about it.

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
Does that answer some of your questions? Or just give you new ones?
Both. smile

I am enjoying this story very much. Who would have thought I'd find a story about dead-Clark so much fun to read! goofy

I cannot wait to read Part 17. Since I came to this story late in the game I didn't really pay attention to what your posting schedule was. I do hope we don't have to wait long. I am looking forward to Lois's next meeting with the Kents! hyper

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
Kerth
Finally! I've caught up on this! Don't know how long it's been since I reviewed/read last, but my goodness, we've made some progress! hyper Can't wait for more!!!

Hopefully things will start slowing down a little bit and I'll be able to read and review better/faster. Sorry for skipping so many... mecry Life has been a bit crazy. But excellent job anyway! I'm glad Lois and dead Clark have admitted their love for each other, too. wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You made me cry over this part.

It is so sad ... poor Lois there seems to be no way for her to find Clark. She doesn't know about HG Wells' time travels and doesn't know how to contact him. My heart aches for her.

Great stroy. I love it and I hope she'll find a way...

Kathryn
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Pat: Clark had a lot of positive influence in canon dimension (from which this Lois & Clark's memories come). Let's see, now we can add Walt, Rachel, and those those colonists from the Prometheus transport (100+?) to the BC list.

I like how your mind works. Martha is going to kick out a paying/working customer to protect a secret from years ago?
So you think that Martha should invite in the investigative reporter, who has spied on her and her husband to find out their darkest and most painful secret and all because she wants Lois' B&B money and her to muck stalls? All the press could only do wonders for her, Jonathan, Smallville, and The Farm, right?

Joan: Yep, the puzzle pieces are falling into place. Sort of.

Vicki: Glad you're enjoying my little story.

Who would have thought I'd find a story about dead-Clark so much fun to read!
[Linked Image]

Since I came to this story late in the game I didn't really pay attention to what your posting schedule was.
I post every other night. So, Part 17 will post right before I go to bed on Thursday night (officially Friday) wink

Mouserocks: Welcome Back! Hope you passed your finals!

Martha is going to kill her! hyper
rotflol The things that make you excited.

I'm glad Lois and dead Clark have admitted their love for each other, too.
I figured with all their other obsticles that one seemed just cruel. wink

Kathryn: Thank you for your emotional support. More tears to come. (Advanced apologies.)

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I feel like I am in a strange version of it's a Wonderful life. I like it though. Nice part. How will she convince Martha? Can't wait to find out. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think Lois finding the grave is going to be the breakthrough with Martha and it will get the Kent seniors on her side. laugh

Now we need to get Herb back in the picture. cool

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
May be Lois should tell the truth to Martha: if ONE person can believe it, it's Martha.

After all, more than twenty years ago, she found a baby in a spaceship. And she always has good ideas: she could help...

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: I didn't scare you off! hyper So, does this count as "finding Clark"? laugh

Ken: Interesting theory, Ken. Hmmmm. I think you might be biased about Herb, though. wink

Syndey: Well, Clark DID tell her to be honest. We'll have to see how that works for her, if she decides to take his advice, that is.

VirginiaR.
---
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
There is no need to apologize for making me cry over your fanfic. It means you have done a good job! smile

Kathryn
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Kathryn84:
There is no need to apologize for making me cry over your fanfic. It means you have done a good job! smile
Thank you. blush

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She was on her own. Only she could save Clark.
Actually, that’s not all that different from her normal relationship with Clark.

There hadn’t been anything there either, unless it was squirreled away in a box or in storage or very well hidden.
DingDingDing!

This self-imposed assignment was beginning to appear bleak indeed.
Too bad she doesn’t have a gopher.

Even if it were possible to contact the dead H.G. Wells and he did happen to actually have a working time machine… her research had hit a dead end.
Dead-dead.

Lois was beginning to feel like she had imagined the whole thing, created him out of her fantasies.
So, it’s actually a bad reaction to the noxious fumes of the city?

The teasing banter from a couple of days before seemed almost a distant memory.
hyper

“I need your help in the fields today. The physical exertion will get your mind off things.”
clap

“Do you have any hobbies?”
Umm…necromancing.

“That sounds more like exercise. What do you do for fun?”
“Apply said martial art to gang bangers.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, what did he do?”
“Linda”?

“And does he love you?”

“I thought he did, but…” Lois said with a shrug. “I don’t know. It’s complicated.”

“So, what’s the problem? If you don’t mind me asking,” Martha probed.
The physical aspect of their relationship is just simply not working. They keep trying. But—zilch. It’s like she’s dating her brother’s ghost.

“I’m more like one of those weeds you can’t get rid of even if you pull it up by its roots.”

Clark’s mom sounded a lot like her, Lois thought.
Yeah. /points at Tempus/ He keeps trying but every time he stomps on her, she just kicks back.

Every man looked bland to her when compared to Clark and Superman.
/hands Lois salt/

Lois racked her brain trying to remember the name of the farmhand. She hadn’t thought it was Thomas.
Dito.

The man stopped in front of them and, despite her dirty attire and dust stained face, gave Lois the once over like a prized pig. Lovely.
clap

“Walt’s dead,” Thomas said coldly.
Don’t remember him. But I’ll let it count. BC: 9 + ~100.

Martha ignored him as she stepped towards Lois again in an even more aggressive manner. “Who do you work for?”
Uh-oh.

“I’m just looking for answers, Martha,” she said, trying to keep her voice calm.
Good answer. :rolleyes:

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois’ face hardened. “I’m not a tabloid reporter! The Daily Planet deals only in real news.”
Oh dear.

How did these puzzle pieces fit together?
Maybe it’s like in Contact (The Jodie Foster movie)?

How was Lois going to convince Martha and Jonathan that she wanted what they wanted? For their son to be alive and well again.
By getting committed?

She knew that dead bodies did not rise again in the form of vampires or zombies.
Just ghosts. Also… hyper

1892 must have been a difficult year plagued by sickness or violence.
Tempus made another visit?

Lois noticed that someone had placed flowers on a small grave in the corner. Wildflowers.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah! Michael didn't abandon me. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm back. [Linked Image] Oops, wrong superhero (I wonder why they thought Spidey was a devil?)

Maybe it’s like in Contact (The Jodie Foster movie)?
Maybe. laugh (Mostly because it's been so long since I watched that movie, I don't get the reference. Time to blow the dust off my VCR... of course, that would cut into my writing time...)

Just ghosts. Also… hyper
I'm guess you're excited because either you like ghosts, or cemetaries, or I'm being less than subtle. laugh

Tempus made another visit?
Maybe. We'll have to visit 1892 in another non-trilogy related story.

So, now she can get closure and move on to other Clarks?
[Linked Image]

/wonders if Lois ever had swaddling dreams of Clark. Or Superman.
Lois? Nope.

/points at author of story/
peep Hey! I resemble that remark.

For kicks. And FDK. Which would be the same thing.
I like popcorn.

Bad teeth? Diabetes?
[Linked Image]

Starts loooooooong list of people who don’t like Clark. Ralph. Tempus. Lex. Lex Jr. Arianna Carlin. Gretchen Kelly. Xavier Luthor. Ellen Lane.
Ralph didn't like Clark? But he was always sharing his conquests with him. Tempus... Okay, I'll give you that one. Lex was always pleasant to Clark (except when he was trying to kill him and steal the love of his life). Lex Jr,never met this Clark. Ari Carlin liked Clark, she just didn't like Superman. Gretchen Kelly, did they ever interact? Xavier, same as Lex Jr never met him. Ellen Lane, well, um... Ellen didn't like men in general, not Clark in particular. Remember this is Lois' POV, her thoughts, her conclusions, and she doesn't know that CK=S.

Sucked all the fun out of living.
Okay, besides Tempus...

How long have you been haunting her?
Always with the surprise.

Same way she’d save someone who died as an adult more than say five minutes ago?
So, same problem, different angle.

/starts to wonder if Alt-Clark might not just be a temporary replacement until Lois manages to use him to save her Clark. Poor guy. Will have to go back and save his Lois.
No, that would never happen to alt-Clark... Oh. blush Never mind.

Hey! He believed it would work. So, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.
That's the problem. You knock on those heads, they might fall off.

Do they still dunk crazy birds into tar and put them in a barrel filled with feathers?
Possibly, but not when they run a B&B.

Again, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. Plus, they have great drugs there.
Okay, fine! Since you keep insisting... just rearrange this... put that off until Book 2... push this over to there... ooooh. Bring that guy back from the dead. Okay, done. Your fault. [Linked Image]

/raises hand, too/
What can I say? Lois doesn't like a man with too much substance. peep

Too long inside her head.
Yep. Plus, he's excited that she's got proof of his existance.

He’s got nowhere better to go?
But, Michael, that green glowing light looked sooooo pretty.

Isn’t that ‘until death do us part’? Also, haunting the ex. Isn’t that kind of stalkerish and creepy?
Well, a) when you're dealing with a man who usually lives for hundreds of years, nope, and b) he doesn't have much of a choice, so I'm told.

Oh dear. And right on time, too, isn’t it?
Yep, it's Contact baby!

So, get a man, close eyes, and make love to Clark?
Right, because his life isn't living hell already.

I think I just regurgitated supper.
So, that was a "no" on the bringing back of Dan?

Again with the knocking without trying it.
She's trying to comfort the bodyless man.

Bad, Virginia. Bad.
Who, me? [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know that Thurs/Fri. are your busy days in RL
Oh dear. I never looked at it this way.

quote:So, it’s actually a bad reaction to the noxious fumes of the city?

I'm sorry, did you mean 'farm' here, since she isn't in the city?
No. She got better once she was away from the city and realized her own cuckooness.

Actually, I think that's Sue S.'s story.
laugh

quote: /hands Lois salt/

I'm sorry, [Huh] was this a hint to bring Dan back?
eek Just a simple attempt to help Lois. Figures, if life is bland, lick some salt. /doesn't want to suggest Lois also add lemons and Tequila/

quote: Also, you’ve outgunned Topper Harley, I believe.

Not sure who that is, but
Charlie Sheen's character in Hot Shots. In part 2, he spoofed Rambo and the Terminator and gunned down Saddam's army base to a video game like body count counter.

Um... No, that was... never mind.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No. She got better once she was away from the city and realized her own cuckooness.
Oh.

Just a simple attempt to help Lois. Figures, if life is bland, lick some salt. /doesn't want to suggest Lois also add lemons and Tequila/
Okay, just don't tell her to go to Margaritaville, because she might go running off to the hills screaming.

Charlie Sheen's character in Hot Shots. In part 2, he spoofed Rambo and the Terminator and gunned down Saddam's army base to a video game like body count counter.
How do you keep all this trivia inside your head? help wave

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
So many little easter eggs here, where do I begin?

Thomas instead of Wayne. At first I was thinking Wayne was dead and therefore Trask still ended up visiting them. Now I'm not so sure on that. And Martha's response is closer to what I would have expected of a mama grizzly protecting her (sadly at this moment non-existent) super son.

Martha ignored him as she stepped towards Lois again in an even more aggressive manner. “Who do you work for?”

Normally one to hold her ground, Lois couldn’t help but take another step backwards, holding up her hands. She and Martha were on the same side. She needed to make Clark’s mother to see that. “I’m just looking for answers, Martha,” she said, trying to keep her voice calm.

“Who do you work for?” Martha repeated.
“The government? Some wacky fringe group?” Martha continued to rattle off. “A tabloid?
Methinks they had a visit from Project BlueBook in the past and Martha thinks Lois is part of those Bureau 39 folks.

Lois noticed that someone had placed flowers on a small grave in the corner. Wildflowers. They were wilted from the heat of the day, but fresh enough that it couldn’t have been more than twenty-four hours, thirty-six tops, since they had been laid there.
Yup, Martha cares for the child who never was/once was as if it was a miscarried child of her own. How much do you wanna bet she had a number of miscarriages in her past to make this gravesite significant to her?

What kind of sick bastard killed a baby? Why? Why would someone go back in time and kill the sweetest man of Lois’ acquaintance? A man who everyone seemed to have liked? What could Clark have possibly done to anger someone to such an extreme?
It's too bad Martha couldn't have heard Lois' inner thoughts at this moment because she would have found out how much closer they could be over this situation.

Lois stayed by Clark’s grave for hours. She didn’t want to leave. It had taken her months since she had first been introduced to Clark in her dreams until she had gotten to this point – to finding him in her real life – and leaving felt like abandoning him.

She kissed her fingers and pressed them against the stone where Jonathan or Martha had etched Clark’s name. “This isn’t goodbye, Clark. I’m going to find you and bring you home.”
I love this little moment.

Lois had gone over and over Martha’s words in her head as she sat at Clark’s grave and wondered what had frightened his mother? Prying? Repercussions? Why had the Kents buried Clark in an almost unmarked grave in an abandoned graveyard? Had they actually been Clark’s birth parents and didn’t want Smallville to know about their private pain of losing a child? Had it been that they had never mentioned Clark’s birth and subsequent death to the authorities? If they weren’t his parents, why hadn’t they contacted the authorities when they had found the child – dead or alive? Had they been scared of being charged with Clark’s murder? Did they know who Clark’s birth parents were? Had they rescued Clark from someone who had abused him, but he had died anyway? Were they now scared that Lois would send someone to dig up Clark’s grave?
So many questions, Lois and until you unravel the mystery of Superman you will have even fewer answers.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard