#86066 04/27/12 08:31 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 02:27 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
While not likely unless he confesses his super ability, I have to wonder whether or not she'll ask about the child found but lost (i.e. Clark.) I do think relatively soonish (probably during the "Barbarians at the Planet" memory/echo) she's likely to figure out the truth. And no, I don't expect an answer for these musing because if you did they'd be filed under "spoilers."

I can't wait to see what she comments on when it comes to Luthor due to her "Clark-colored glasses" during the "Barbarians at the Planet/HoL" arc.

I am saddened that it's unlikely that Martha and Lois aren't likely to become as good of friends as they would if Clark was there. It seems very possible that he is the glue that holds the Lanes and Kents together.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am glad that the part of Clark that is telling Lois what to do and how to act is the same Clark we all know and love. I would have expected more of a reaction on his part to his Father being crippled and his Mother having to work so hard. But, that may still be coming.

I can't wait for Lois to figure this out and to pull Clark back into world where she lives. She is good at following the directions as a part of her job, but cannot seem to get a handle on someone who did not die as much as was never alive in the past. There is only two people who know about that baby in the spaceship, and she's close to them. Wonder what kinds of memories she is going to bring back to his parents while she is trying to solve the "where is Clark" mystery?

Enjoying the "what if" element of this story.
Pat

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Great part. I always loved Lois with the Kents in Smallville (not the show, the town).

Looking forward to the next chapter. wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Poor Jonathon. I hope HG Wells makes an appearance soon to help Lois.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Thank you for your comments and plot guesses. wink clap Per your request, I'll be quiet. cool

Pat: Oh, dear, have I made Clark nice and sweet and Clark?! Hmmm. I better work on that. wink

I would have expected more of a reaction on his part to his Father being crippled and his Mother having to work so hard.
Clark's reaction is more subtle, going into himself, guilt, guilt, and more guilt. Glad you are enjoying my story.

Syndey: Thanks for reading. I love the Kents too; I'm always worried I don't do them justice.

Joan: Yes, poor Jonathan. I figured with no Clark their lives would be more difficult and less happy, but be glad I didn't take a page from Female Hawk and go with my original idea, which was to kill Jonathan off in his accident and have Martha remarried to Wayne Irig. devil H. G. Who? wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She pressed her frozen hands to her face only to remove them from the sweating heat she found there.
Oh dear. An entire zombie parade just walked over her grave.

Clark Kent was real. His hometown existed. His parents lived there.
I just had the craziest thought: What if Lois went to Smallville on a middleschool field trip and had some really bad encounter with some of the more ruffian inhabitants of the town and then bumped her noggin on a tree stump? And it’s only now starting to come back to her. Maybe triggered by Ralph. Maybe triggered by Call-Me-Daniel.

Lois was getting closer to Clark with every moment.
Uuuuuu…

Would she really find him?
No.

You’re the best reporter Metropolis has ever seen.
What if even *that* encouragement is just a wishful figment of her imagination. help

There’s Ken Small of the Smallville Smalls, but if I were you…” Maisie lowered her voice. “I wouldn’t seek him out. He’s a few ears short of a bushel, if you know what I mean.”
eek It was the Small-family. They got tired of marrying their daughters! Also, keeping the bloodlines close could explain the bushel shortness.

“Jonathan broke his spine a few years back and can’t walk. He’s stuck in a wheelchair.
mecry Did Martha catch him with Mrs. Irig?

She tried to take deep breaths but somehow she started hyperventilating instead. The room began to swim.

Lois, please. I need you to be calm.
Yeah, right, Clark. As if it isn’t you who’s causing that latest panic attack.

~I’m fine.~ She wasn’t, but she wasn’t going to let Clark know it.
Hello! Imaginary voice right inside your mind. But then, there’s no reasoning with the mentally unstable. On the plus side, Doc Quack is likely not going to be attracted to a real cuckoo. No matter the measurements. She might bite him.

Maisie walked back up. “But if you don’t feel like chores, I can call Lawrence and see if they have room at their motel.” She gave Lois a grimace as if she didn’t recommend it.
“No need. I’m right in investigation heaven right there.”

Who knows, maybe they have a handsome son or farmhand for me to fall in love with,
Down girl.

How could that be? Clark had to exist. He had to. There were too many coincidences for this one fact to be wrong:
/points to above explanation/

It wasn’t like she had put two and two together and come up with sixty-four.
Yeah, she needs another four twos for that. Or two twos. Yeah, she could come up with 64 using four twos all together.

And Lois wasn’t following Clark’s commands like some nutso with an AK-47.
“Kill Linda. Kill Dan. Kill Perry. Kill Jimmy.”

She had still kissed Scardino despite Clark’s objections.
She’s still spiteful?

So, in her opinion, in spite of everything, she was in full control of her mental capacities.
See? “I’ll have nookie with Dan just to prove you wrong.”

He would never cash it in. He wanted to make it on his own merits, but knowing it was there as his back-up plan made him daring and was part of his charm.
/Waits for Lois to call herself galactically stupid/

He seemed only to fear for her safety.
Duh!

. So when she had one of her cockamamie plans, instead of trying to talk her out of it until he was blue in the face, Clark just usually went along.
Duh! It’s much less stressful that way. Plus, Lois might end up wearing a favorable costume. Or with the same room as the Prankster.

Her latest dream – point of fact – seemed to disprove this theory though, because in it Lex wasn’t the bad guy. He had been the victim.
Exception proving rule? Even bad guys can have a bad day?

She treated herself after enduring several weeks of sleepless nights at home after Ralph had forced himself on her. The Lexor was a treat, indeed: silk sheets, a big screen television, a sunken tub, a huge gift basket of snacks, and Security just a phone call away. Everything that a woman needed to pamper herself.
shock

Lois had been in said sunken tub, relaxing in a bubble bath when Lex had called and offered her company. No, thank you, she had explained again.
/imagines Lex showing up with the master key while she’s in the tub, relaxing, holding flowers, a box of chocolates, champagne, and wearing a Hawaiian tie. “Hi, babe! Miss me?” /imagines Lois now owning a gun and having it close by all the time devil Poor maid will have to bring extra good cleaning equipment to remove stains from ceiling.

It had been Lex who had proposed that she spend the night at the Lexor after she explained what had happened with Ralph, and she had taken him up on the offer
Got her out of the way and outfitted with an alibi for the night things came down on Ralph?

Perhaps he had thrown the camera and Lois onto the bed as an excuse to kiss her and the maid just happened to walk in at that point and time.
That would have been very dangerous a gamble. Unless he planned on kissing Lois until the maid showed up? Or he paid the maid to show up around that time?

What are you mad at me for?

“Why do you think?”
/checks calendar/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois sighed before finally replying to his question, “You didn’t kiss me because you wanted to, Clark. You kissed me as a distraction.”
Really, Lois?

“I knew I was right. You didn’t want to kiss me at all. I was just a distraction,”
Duh! He’s into *guys*! Why do *you* think he’s shacking it up with that guy Kal-El? Clark’s even washing Kal’s underwear!

“See, I’m just some wacky woman from Metropolis trying to reconnect with the parents of her ghost boyfriend.
DingDingDing!

I didn’t hear any complaints, he recalled.

“Exactly!” Lois shook her head.

What’s that supposed to mean?

What kind of lunkhead was this guy she had fallen in love with anyway? Did she have to spell it out for him? “If you didn’t hear any complaints, why did you stop kissing me?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael: Sorry for the late response but someone said they wanted me to post Part 15 tonight, so I had to go and ready it.

Oh dear. An entire zombie parade just walked over her grave.
A very apt description, Michael! clap

I just had the craziest thought: What if Lois went to Smallville on a middleschool field trip and had some really bad encounter with some of the more ruffian inhabitants of the town and then bumped her noggin on a tree stump? And it’s only now starting to come back to her. Maybe triggered by Ralph. Maybe triggered by Call-Me-Daniel.
clap Nope! The Ra family sent Za instead.

Depends on how bad the noggin gets shaken.
Perhaps the line should read, "You don't have accidents because you're stupid." Or "Accidents don't only happen to the stupid."

So, no stable mucking? Egg collecting? Cow milking? Chicken beheading? Chicken plucking?
Yes, nothing that has anything to do with being on a farm; she'll do almost anything else on the chore list.

No animals, remember?
Smart people REMOVE the horse from the stall before mucking.

And get a fair percentage of her income from said guests?
Okay, the third oldest profession. Gossip.

Part 14? Please?
Well, I thought since this was FDK for 14, I'd post 15 tonight, but if you want me to re-post 14... Coming right up! evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! People from Metropolis sure have to travel far to see cows.
And here I thought it's just a 20 miles down the road...

/Psst. Mrs. Irig died back before Clark graduated from high school. Remember how he reminensed her carmel apples?/
Huh, that's new. Did she and Clark have a Mrs. Robinson/Benjamin Braddock situation going and Martha found out? And then Martha bear protected her cub from the cougar.

Maybe Doc Quack likes to be bitten?
eek

What? Are you saying that Clark liked it when the Prankster disrobed Lois?
Are you saying he preferred Lois fully clothed? But why are you even implying that it was *that* freezing scene?

Oh, sorry, I thought I explained how Lex died.
Gunshot wound.

He could always go with the oft used, "I thought I heard someone coming."
/imagines Clark doing this repeatedly until Lois breaks her patella.

Yep, it's one of those weeks with dates in it.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And here I thought it's just a 20 miles down the road...
Um... in Smallville it's roughly 180 miles. In L&C canon and in this story, it's a two day drive.

Huh, that's new.
Um... No, it's not. (Maybe the timing of her death, which I put during Clark's high school era in this story, but not her death itself).

From GGGoH:
Clark: "His name's Wayne Irig."

LOIS: "Oh, that's right, you know him."

CLARK: "He's a friend of my dad's. I remember that before his wife died, they used to give out these great caramel apples at Halloween."
Yeah, Clark, because the Halloween apples she gave after she died, well, those were just creepy. (Oopps, blush sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Did she and Clark have a Mrs. Robinson/Benjamin Braddock situation going and Martha found out? And then Martha bear protected her cub from the cougar.
RaFO laugh

Are you saying he preferred Lois fully clothed? But why are you even implying that it was *that* freezing scene?
Clark's a modest fellow. He prefers Lois completely clothed while at work, unclothed while alone with him. Oh, was there *another* freezing scene that you were thinking of?

/imagines Lois now getting all hot and bothered/
No, sorry, I had to cut that scene to keep story within Gfic board rating.

Poor Lois. Won't know what to do with a Za.
Well, technically, she's familiar with all the working parts...

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Um... in Smallville it's roughly 180 miles. In L&C canon and in this story, it's a two day drive.
wave Michael

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, Virginia,

I just wanted to pop in and tell you I'm still reading and still very much enjoying your story. This particular part left me with many questions, and quite eager to read more.

Of all the questions I'm asking myself, and there are quite a few, one I am definitely looking forward to learning the answer to is: Does Martha dream about Clark, too? Is the bond only between soul-mates, or would the mother-son bond be strong enough that Martha "remembers" Clark in her dreams?

You do realize that these feelings you have for me now, aren’t how you feel about me in these dreams, right?
Interesting how much more she appreciates him when she doesn't have him than when she did. Which brings up another question I'm keen on learning the answer to... what will each of them remember when Clark is no longer dead? If they don't remember this entire Clark-is-dead adventure, will they 'remember' it in their dreams? Verrrry interesting....

Looking forward to reading more and hopefully finding the answers to these, and my other questions. smile

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: help and he carries [Linked Image] . Strangely, he goes by the name of Michael, but that might just be a coincidence, right? wink

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard