Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85866 04/19/12 08:18 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the [i]Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] TOC here.

I hope you are getting a clearer picture of what life without Clark has been like for Lois. mecry

Comments?

/Psst. See, didn't that shot help? No make-out sessons on a bed with good ol' DEA guy. That's an improvement, right? peep /

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 02:15 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No make-out sessons on a bed with good ol' DEA guy. That's an improvement, right?
So, this is like the old bait-and-switch where the daughter tells her parents she’s pregnant only to retract and tell then she just didn’t get into college.

She wondered if he was referring to their weekend at the Lexor over a year before, when she had gotten the bed – both nights. Seniority had its perks.
Poor little Jimmy. He probably was too ecstatic to even be near Lois to make a claim.

Or the time he had crashed on her sofa after they had been exposed to Miranda’s Revenge perfume and Ralph had followed her home.
/waits patiently while binding fingers in chew-protectors/

Okay, true, she had been working the dock strike and hadn’t been sprayed.
[Linked Image]

. Actually, Jimmy had followed her home too, but she had allowed him to stay after Ralph had pushed his way into her apartment on some phony-baloney excuse, and Jimmy had to pull him off her.
[Linked Image]

Still, she had locked her bedroom door that night.
Yeah, wouldn’t want to wake up to Jimmy sucking her toes.

Lois would have crashed at Jimmy’s place, but his cramped quarters made a frat house look quiet, cozy, and clean.
razz Can I say *wrong* guy for Lois?

“How about you let me do my job and you do yours before I change my mind about what I had to say?”
Well, he’s being a body guard. It *is* his job.

“So, who here’s selling illegal drugs?”

Right. DEA. But it was too late, Dan had made her smile again. She leaned close to him and replied, “Anyone here with the last name ‘Church’.”
razz

“You should really try one of these,” he suggested, turning to Lois and accidentally knocking the sticky hor d’oeuvre against her white dress.
eek Did he try to cop a feel?

Her purse slid off her shoulder and landed with a thunk on the ground. As she picked up her purse, she inadvertently grabbed a bit of the tablecloth as well.
Oooooh!

It looked big and nasty with lots of wires and a big container of boiling or bubbling who knew what.
This doesn’t sound too good.

Lois rolled her eyes and smacked Dan’s shoe. He jumped. “Lois!” Dan glanced down at her and she waved. “Lane!” he continued, growling with annoyance. Oh great, had he thought she meant something else?
So, that’s how you got this one in. I *was* wondering. And she’s not whisper-speaking ‘bomb’ to prevent a panic?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Her eyes widened and then she backed up with a nasty glare of frustration at the reporter. Bingo! Thanks for the confession, Min.
hyper

Safer than if she had saved herself.

Safer than with any man she had ever met.

Safer than with Superman.
hyper

At the doorway, she heard voices outside and the sounds of people clomping up the stairs.
Clark!

Run!
Is inner Clark jealous of outer Clark? Does he know he’s getting replaced?

“I should have the key here,” a man was saying and Lois could hear him jingling keys.
Ooooh! Ooooh!

The man with the keys was the same portly man she remembered seeing Clark with when she thought he had been meeting Superman. The. Same. Man. The landlord was real. He wasn’t a figment of her imagination.
party It’s not M&J, but a very close second. And completely out of the blue. Very well done.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“So, do you still want to see the place or not?” the portly man asked the younger man in the suit. “I did get up extra early to show it to you.”
Clark?

Sandy blond hair.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A reader! [Linked Image] Hi, Michael!

So, this is like the old bait-and-switch where the daughter tells her parents she’s pregnant only to retract and tell then she just didn’t get into college.
[Linked Image] Kind of.

Poor little Jimmy. He probably was too ecstatic to even be near Lois to make a claim.
Or still a little embarrassed about how he had treated her while on pheromones. [It wasn't Ralph bad, but possibly harem costume bad... let reader(s) imaginations go wild.]

/waits patiently while binding fingers in chew-protectors/
I know you're sad (yes, I know, that's twice now), but really, what was the point of dosing Lois without Clark? I thought about having her dosed and sleeping with Eduardo and them both regretting it and making everything ackward at work, especially him being married and all, but changed my mind. I thought about her getting dosed but not having any reaction to anyone at all, but that really didn't seem real. I NEVER thought of hooking her up with Luthor though. So, I figured, Clark was gone, someone would have to cover the dock strike, why not Lois? In my next story, Lois will help , does that make you feel better? <<mumbles>> Sorry, Spoiler Police caught me!

Yeah, wouldn’t want to wake up to Jimmy sucking her toes.
Um... Yep?... Ackward!

They do share an awful lot of nights together.
Okay, I guess it's safe to post my Tank WHAM warning, now... Well, most of it...

Tank – because of no Clark Kent, Jimmy Olsen will have a bigger part in Lois’s life and he will help . (Sorry). The only ‘kid’ though is alt-canon-Clark as a baby.
Does that clarify things? (I figure if I'm going to write a WHAM warning, I should at least have fun with it. [Linked Image] )

He’s more concerned with her body and less with guarding it.
clap

It’s the most action her apartment has seen since Ralph visited her?
Ewwww.

/waits for Lois to actually write an angry letter to City Council for driving Clark away.
In her dreams?

But she likes Mel Gibson!
No wonder Dan dresses like that! He's trying to act like MG from Lethal Weapon! [Linked Image]

Can I say *wrong* guy for Lois?
Yes.

Well, he’s being a body guard. It *is* his job.
Nope. He's DEA, not Secret Service. (Not even going to mention how unsecretive Secret Service has been in RL lately.)

“Oh great. Rich people food.”
No MJ's Cafe.

Did he try to cop a feel?
No, just an idiot (and was that a pun?)

So, that’s how you got this one in. I *was* wondering. And she’s not whisper-speaking ‘bomb’ to prevent a panic?
No, speaking the word "bomb" would probably not compute with Dan.

“What? Do I have to know everything?”
laugh Well, she is Lois Lane!

[Linked Image]
rotflol LOVE IT! rotflol

Oooppsie. I reached my smilie limit. On to Part 2...

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael's FDK Reply - Part 2 -

He talked to him on the show?
Yep! I believe he held out his hand and said, "Let her go!" :rolleyes:

See? Clark.
Yep. Clark. See, I told you he would still show up. (Okay, this is in her dreams, but beggers can't be choosey can they?)

Not sure where exactly, but somewhere here I started to hope/suspect Clark showing up.
[Linked Image] Michael, Clark's dead.

Is inner Clark jealous of outer Clark? Does he know he’s getting replaced?
Um... Outer Clark? Oh, no. That's not Clark.

It’s not M&J, but a very close second. And completely out of the blue. Very well done.
[Linked Image] Thank you.

But who is it?
Some random blond guy.

Really, Jimmy. You’re breaking up with your senior partner over a skin mag? He really does need a girl. Fast.
He's working on it <<ducking>>

Okay, rewatched scene. Huh. Very funny adaption of Clark’s lines there
Thank you (see bow from above).

Oh dear. How’s she dealing without Clark?
She's Lois Lane. [Linked Image] She survived 26 years without Clark in her life, did you think she was going to die just because he wasn't around to save her?

/tries to help/ “N. O. Also pronounced ‘NO!’”
Thank you. She needed a refresher course.

Expects Clark to show up before a) first volume’s done and b) after Lois chooses Dan and tells him and he starts relocating. Just for added awkwardness
[Linked Image] Again, Michael, Clark is dead... for the most part. And see the Dan spoiler note from... FDK 9, I think.

Actually, she just wants Camembert from France. And Swiss Chocolate fresh from the Alps. Himalayen Snow?
clap

Clark? You out there? Please move. Now.
<<gulp.>> [Linked Image]

As for Lois. Can she also have Part 11? Please? Pretty please? /Knows she’ll share it with us because Clark will put her into a generous mood/
Yes, Lois is in Part 11, and 12, and 13, and 14... The story is from her POV. It would be difficult to have a part without her in it. 11 is prepped and ready to post tonight. If I start posting too early I'll get even more behind on my parts for Book 2, which will slow down my posting schedule for Book 2. Speaking of which, I need to finish up Part 10 and send it off to Beta... before she starts [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[It wasn't Ralph bad, but possibly harem costume bad... let reader(s) imaginations go wild.] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I thought about having her dosed and sleeping with Eduardo and them both regretting it and making everything ackward at work, especially him being married and all, but changed my mind.
help , does that make you feel better? <<mumbles>> Sorry, Spoiler Police caught me!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">eek

Does that clarify things? (I figure if I'm going to write a WHAM warning, I should at least have fun with it.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And here I thought you wanted Lois and Dan to hook up? Oh, you're shivering because of worry about reader-loss.
WANT? Want? No, I don't WANT it! But it seemed the logical course Lois would take in this scenario. I want Lois and Clark being sweet and cuddly and flying around bantering, but sometimes a story doesn't go in that direction. <<Yes, still suffering from a little PTS over sudden reader drop... Gee, it wasn't like I had her CHEAT on Clark with some non-Clark character or anything. They just kissed. :rolleyes: Okay, they were on a bed at the time and they had slept together, but only because he moved her off the couch, but she was still fully clothed... Anyway, Clark's dead and Dan is her boyfriend, it is perfectly legal for them to kiss. Well, their loss, this is when the story starts to get fun.) Okay, I'm starting to babble, let's see what else Michael wrote. laugh

It's a bloodflow issue...
Right, not enough blood to read stories. Got it!

Nope. Was going for doing it for real. Much more fun that way for us readers. Until she meets her doctor, at least.
Do you think I'd drive her crazy now! With what... 15 parts left? evil

/shrugs/ It was the obvious conclusion?
Which is of course why I didn't go that route. Anyway, let's give Lois a little credit.

Right. /gets out gun and visits Dan/
Sorry, he's still around in 11. <<ducking>>

Also, please inform honored beta to not kill valued author before muse as quit bestowing new gifts
Not kill! She was throwing a brick. Maybe I should have used this [Linked Image] instead.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Anyway, Clark's dead and Dan is her boyfriend, it is perfectly legal for them to kiss.
/pulls out Lex Lane/ "Art 8: Lois Lane is only allowed to kiss other men after she has become aware of Clark Kent if said Clark Kent is either aware of her actions, or aware that she is generally engaging in such activities and of able body and mind to interfere should he chose to do so."

Well, their loss, this is when the story starts to get fun.) Okay, I'm starting to babble, let's see what else Michael wrote
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/pulls out Lex Lane/ "Art 8: Lois Lane is only allowed to kiss other men after she has become aware of Clark Kent if said Clark Kent is either aware of her actions, or aware that she is generally engaging in such activities and of able body and mind to interfere should he chose to do so."
Well, okay, Clark doesn't have a body, but he's still nagging (or someone with his voice is or Lois is imagining him doing that). Does that count?

Right. What to other people constitutes a whole story is only an epilogue to you.
Okay, you caught me. blush As long as the reader understands that from the beginning, I'm okay then, right? laugh Right? Hello, Michael? clap Today, though, I think I'll go garden for a while, and get my snarkies out. Either that or L&C are going to spend all of Book 2 bickering, and it will end early with Lois shooting Clark or tearing his head off, and we don't want that to happen, right?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
but he's still nagging (or someone with his voice is or Lois is imagining him doing that). Does that count?
Yeah. It does. That's where the 'able mind' comes in. Cloned with his memory, ghost haunting Lois, possessing her body, sharing her body, dog sleeping in her bed, doesn't matter. Only once he's a braineating zombie, Lois is expected to move on and have Dan protect her. And once they escape the Clarkbie attack the first time, they have a night of passion and in the early hours of the morning, Dan goes out for bagels and gets his brains eaten by Clarkbie.

Hello, Michael? [Thud] Michael? Oh, dear, I've lost another one.
Tom Clancy didn't scare me off. Frank Herbert didn't scare me off. George R.R. Martin didn't scare me off. CarolM didn't scare me off. Janet Owens didn't scare me off. Nan didn't scare me off. You won't either wink

EDIT: You meant "Prologue" didn't you?
Prologue, epilogue. It always depends on the POV. blush

It must have been that undercover MPD officier in the red shirt with the Star Fleet insignia.
Great. Does that mean I'll get fined by the Extra Actor's Guild of Metropolis?

Today, though, I think I'll go garden for a while, and get my snarkies out. Either that or L&C are going to spend all of Book 2 bickering, and it will end early with Lois shooting Clark or tearing his head off, and we don't want that to happen, right?
Ooooh! Ooooh! Ooooh! Makeup sex! Ooooh! Ooooh! Ooooh! Also, food for new, other story. Or many more other stories! Ooooh! Ooooh!

wave Michael

PS: Now I really have to go and work on Part 11 FDK.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm a little behind everyone else, as I just caught up to 10 while everyone else is on 12. But, I am trying to get up to speed with this episode.

The first thing that comes to mind is out of my real life. The living things that are not real, even though something in the back of your head tells you that it could be real reminds me of my mother's cooking. My mother was highly educated, but not much of a cook. She thought that a recipe was a suggestion. Any or all of the ingredients could be left out. As a result, it took till I went away to college for me to learn what real food tasted like. I think Lois is having the same problem. She has the main ingredient of her life stuck in the back of her head, but she cannot taste real life because it is missing in her existance.

It is kind of strange to learn just how undone Lois could be without Clark in her life to complete the picture. We all know that Lois is an incomplete package without Clark, but this story gets the point across in a way that most of us would not think of unless we saw how the missing ingredient made the end results different.

I like this, Virginia. Lois is not complete, regardless of who comes into her life to fill the void, unless she has Clark/Superman to fill in the vacant spaces. So, please let us see the whole recipe put together so that we can watch Lois live life the way it was meant to live.

Pat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
I'm a little behind everyone else, as I just caught up to 10 while everyone else is on 12. But, I am trying to get up to speed with this episode.
Hi, Pat! I welcome readers at any time. laugh

The first thing that comes to mind is out of my real life. The living things that are not real, even though something in the back of your head tells you that it could be real reminds me of my mother's cooking. My mother was highly educated, but not much of a cook. She thought that a recipe was a suggestion. Any or all of the ingredients could be left out. As a result, it took till I went away to college for me to learn what real food tasted like. I think Lois is having the same problem. She has the main ingredient of her life stuck in the back of her head, but she cannot taste real life because it is missing in her existance.
Wow, Pat! I didn't know we were syblings! My mom's the same way (I especially liked it when she left out all the ingredients for dinner and we ate scrambled eggs instead). I'm more of a baker than chef (I leave the real cooking up to my hubby.) Baking is a science, you fudge around (no pun intended) with the recipe it doesn't work the same. I like your analogy here. thumbsup Lots of people say that the crust is their favorite part of a pie, but I believe that even they would agree that an apple pie without apples would not be the same.

It is kind of strange to learn just how undone Lois could be without Clark in her life to complete the picture. We all know that Lois is an incomplete package without Clark, but this story gets the point across in a way that most of us would not think of unless we saw how the missing ingredient made the end results different.
As I keep telling my Betas, "It's A Wonderful Life", Clark Kent. More unraveling to come.

I like this, Virginia.
Why, thank you, Pat. Liking my stories is always accepted. wink laugh

Lois is not complete, regardless of who comes into her life to fill the void, unless she has Clark/Superman to fill in the vacant spaces. So, please let us see the whole recipe put together so that we can watch Lois live life the way it was meant to live.
It's difficult to be a complete when you are missing the other half of your soul, which is why both canon Clark and canon Lois were lost until they found each other.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard