Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85789 04/15/12 08:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the [i]Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] TOC here.

peep

My apologies to all of you who don't read WHAM warnings.

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 02:12 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I like your explanation for why Lois believed Lex.

“You presented Lex with a problem: your goodness, your naiveté, your quest for justice, your dogged search for the truth. Could he form public opinion through you? Well, obviously he could. Could he make you turn against everything you held most dear?
I never really understood why Lois was with Lex, she didn't seem to love him. I like what Bobby said about it:

No, not love. Ego. Your pride wouldn’t listen,” Bobby clarified. “You wanted to believe the line he fed you, Lane, because his attention made you feel important.
Joan

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I always wondered why Lex came by Lois' apartment. It was so un-Lex like. Maybe now we know why!

thanks!

rkn
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My apologies to all of you who don't read WHAM warnings.
For the nosey guys: Would you consider posting the parts of the WHAM warning that are already revealed up until here? Please? Pretty please? With continuous updates as the gooeyness gets revealed?

“No,” she told herself out loud. “It can’t be.” It must be a coincidence. It couldn’t possibly be the same guy. It couldn’t.
Nah, don’t cha worry, hon. Can’t be the same guy. Would be physically impossible, right? So… you’re golden, then?

Clark Kent wasn’t real. He was her partner in her dreams. He wasn’t real.
What if she has a multiple personality disorder or some other mental health issue?

A note she didn’t remember writing, despite it being in her handwriting.
Okay, MPD usually does different handwritings, doesn’t it? They had that on B5… So, what else could account for that? And should they lock her away?

Lois flattened the notebook paper on her desk and tried to press out all the wrinkles.

If there were a way to save him… to make it so he did exist…
/waits for her to go completely cuckoo clap

“I wonder what little Miss Innocent Reporter would have done with a solicitation charge?”
Would that have actually stuck? Or would the reporter-aspect have been a viable alibi?

. “So, Lex Luthor came into the Metro Club…” Lois led Toni back to the topic at hand.

“And we hit it off. He invited me back to his penthouse for dinner later that week and discovered we had mutual interests in the West River.
So, Toni was a working girl, too? Johnny really was going all out, wasn’t he?

“That’s how gentlemen used to choose companions at the club, by offering her a rose. If she accepted it, then it meant she accepted everything that came with it.
clap

It was Lex’s way of telling me that we were over and he had moved on to his next conquest.”
*G* So, she *does* by now realize that Lex knew her already, doesn’t she?

Lois thought about that rose she had caught from Lex at the end of her song. Had he really expected her to bed him after that? Was that the real reason he had stopped by her apartment after her shift at the club?
confused That *wasn’t* their first meeting, was it? /only remembers she went to the White Orchid Ball, not if she met him/

Lois raised a brow. “Are you saying that you and Lex… had progressed past dinners?”
Duh!

A sly grin crept to the corner of Toni’s mouth. “As you know, there was nobody quite like Lex between the sheets.”
wallbash Oh darn it! *Now* they tell me?

Lois’ jaw dropped. She couldn’t believe that, at least not in a positive way. Lex had been so reserved, so cold.
They do say that still waters run deep.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“But you and Lex dated for months,” Toni remarked.
And now it’s Toni to be shocked wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I like your explanation for why Lois believed Lex... I never really understood why Lois was with Lex, she didn't seem to love him. I like what Bobby said about it... Joan
I never understood her motivations either, so I try to come up for one here; that one seemed to fit. I think Mouse did a good job with her reasonings in "Liar Liar". I always thought Bobby had the abilities to be a wise sage, but was born in the wrong century.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by rkn:
I always wondered why Lex came by Lois' apartment. It was so un-Lex like. Maybe now we know why!
evil Yep, Lex was on a booty-call!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, Michael, you asked for it:
For the nosey guys: Would you consider posting the parts of the WHAM warning that are already revealed up until here? Please? Pretty please? With continuous updates as the gooeyness gets revealed?
Here it my long winded WHAM warning, edited for spoilage...:

Clark is killed as a baby by Tempus back in 1966. By killing Clark, Tempus inadvertently wipes out his own existence. This event causes time to shatter and the formation of another dimension in which Clark doesn’t exist. (Canon Dimension is fine though; canon Clark and canon Lois return to their time and S2 continues as in canon – no harm, no foul.) The shattering of time means that this new Lois and new Wells can only travel forward in time, not backwards to right this horrible wrong. Baby Clark’s death also means that when Lois and H.G. Wells leave 1966, they will no longer remember Clark, Superman, or Tempus, because they will no longer meet them or each other in the future.

Lois refuses to accept this fate for Clark or herself. H.G. Wells informs her that the only way to “unshatter” time is to figure out how Tempus’s destiny is linked to Clark’s/Superman’s and find some other way to save the man from the future. If they can figure out a way to make Tempus survive, then they can “unshatter” time and go back into the past to save baby Clark. Lois and Wells give each other notes to explain what has happened and what their assignment is to save Tempus.

Upon returning to 1995, Lois is thrown into a world where she no longer remembers Clark and where Superman never existed. Season 2 continues… only without him and his influence in it. Since there has been no Clark or Superman in this new destiny, many people who survived in canon dimension will not do so intact, or at all, in this dimension. This includes people help , in Metropolis... help . It also means that Clark isn’t there to distract Lois from Dan Scardino, so he also will have a larger romantic part in her life than in canon. (All sorts of WHAM warnings here.)

Be reassured that not all is without hope – help

My Betas reassure me that Book 1 can be considered a Dark Comedy (either that or I have a real sick sense of humor). The darkest and hardest parts to read (unless you have some gag-reflux to Dan Scardino) will be Parts 1, and help . Everything else is somewhere between the silliness of Green-Eyed Monster and the drama of Missing Lois. Be warned though, since there is no Superman or Clark Kent alive in this story, many people *will* die. Also, not everything in Lois' life will be sunshine and roses.

If my reassurances have not relayed your fears for a future lightness after the darkness of this story, please feel free to skip Book 1 entirely and start with Book 2, which will have help not so many deaths help . Book 1 is recommend prior to reading Book 2, but not required. Each Book in this trilogy is a separate story and can be read alone or as part of the whole series. You could even read Book 1 after reading Book 2. Feel free to email me at lc.virginiaR@gmail.com , if you need to know in more detail who will die or get injured or how close Lois and Dan become in Book 1.
How that? Vague enough for you? laugh

Nah, don’t cha worry, hon. Can’t be the same guy. Would be physically impossible, right? So… you’re golden, then?
Phew! Thanks for the reassurances, Michael. Does that mean I can throw away this note now?

What if she has a multiple personality disorder or some other mental health issue?
Anything's possible. cool

Okay, MPD usually does different handwritings, doesn’t it? They had that on B5… So, what else could account for that? And should they lock her away?
I thought they only did that a) if other knew about it, and b) if she were a danger to herself or others.

/waits for her to go completely cuckoo
<<whistles innocently>> Seriously, do you think Lois would ever admit to being nuts?

He just went to the top of her ‘to-kill’ list.
Why? Did he break into her secret chocolate stash? Or just correct her?

Lulu learned it in her time in highschool. She was always the nerd while Lois was the geek. And Lola was the party girl.
laugh Correction: Lola was the drama queen, Wanda was the party girl.

Huh. What did he leave Lois behind? And I checked, you didn’t really go into that in Part 1.
Leave behind? For Herb? A description of what happened at Rocky Cove and who she was and what he needed to do to fix it. (The rental car and the other time machine too, but you know no author is perfect. wink )

Huh. Years of birth and death?
Possibly. Maybe it was their years in office? Account numbers? Future Phone numbers. How many sexual partners they had? Rating system? Body / personal identification numbers?

His arrest was probably illegal. And he just apprehended Lois in self-defense after she burglarized his place of business.
Or because Henderson let Lois beat Church up before interferring.

Nono, Lois. That was not murder. That was self-defense, too. After all, Menken might have turned state’s evidence.
Potato, tomato.

Wow. Looks like she had some fights, huh? She got made some girl’s bitch? Or is she the kingpin of cellblock AA-38, now?
Queen bee, I believe is the correct female equivilant.

*G* And isn’t that goldplated poodoo?
laugh

Would that have actually stuck? Or would the reporter-aspect have been a viable alibi?
No, probably not, but the MPD would have had fun making the arrest though.

So, Toni was a working girl, too? Johnny really was going all out, wasn’t he?
Nope, Lex was smart enough to con her into giving it up for free.

*G* So, she *does* by now realize that Lex knew her already, doesn’t she?
You mean Toni knows now? Yeah, probably figured it out. Or figured that's how they hooked up initially was through her club. (Toni wasn't at the WOB)

That *wasn’t* their first meeting, was it? /only remembers she went to the White Orchid Ball, not if she met him/
Lois? Yes, she met him at the WOB.

Oh darn it! *Now* they tell me?
lol

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was getting short on my smilies numbers due to all my spoilage help smilies, so on to part 2 of the FDK...

And now it’s Toni to be shocked She must be gay…
Or really smart?

BC: 6
Wow, they're starting to drop like flies.

Amm… Didn’t you only parts earlier reflect you’d have ended up missing?
Nope, I think that was Mouse's "Liar Liar" you're thinking of.

“Not since the radio frequencies for your bugs and Loiscam got leaked on the ‘net, no. The one in the shower is especially popular. And there’s a select group that pays top dollar for the one that hidden inside… no, I can’t mention it. Just renovate your bathroom. Completely.
help but didn't. Oh, and you forgot Jimmy... oh, and Wally... What about Paulson and Schwartz? That guy that got pink-slipped in BatP. And, no, no other women or her boss (remember he was busy chasing Rhialda) were involved.

Damage control?
Damage control? Booty-Call? Potato, tomato. peep

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay. So we finally find the note to self. How did it wind up in her drawer between a couple of boxes of DFC bars? Now she just has to figure it out. Call on the dead author. Oh my.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Okay. So we finally find the note to self.
You knew it would crop back up sometime. It wouldn't have done any good for her to find the note too early, now would it? wink

How did it wind up in her drawer between a couple of boxes of DFC bars?
The note must have been sitting on her desk when she set down the box of chocolate and got slid into the drawer with the box. laugh

Now she just has to figure it out. Call on the dead author. Oh my.
Yes, well, calling on the dead author won't really do much good without knowing how to solve the problem about Tempus. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
How that? Vague enough for you?
help Works perfectly!

Does that mean I can throw away this note now?
Probably. Unless it doubles as a Jimmy Interruptus?

I thought they only did that a) if other knew about it, and b) if she were a danger to herself or others.
a) People in the office might start to talk, eventually. And b) she still has her car keys, doesn't she?

Seriously, do you think Lois would ever admit to being nuts?
Case and point. (considering you're likely not nuts if you admit to being nuts)

Why? Did he break into her secret chocolate stash? Or just correct her?
Second. Combined with her having a 'chocolate' day.

Correction: Lola was the drama queen, Wanda was the party girl.
Duh! So, her romance novel is actually an autobiography written by the primary personality who does not remember that the ideas of partying in the back seats of strange men's cars is not just hand delivered by her muse?

How many sexual partners they had?
wave Michael

PS: I just realized, probably will be till the weekend for next FDK on Lois.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Especially loved the help Works perfectly!
Glad I didn't spoil your fun. smile

Probably. Unless it doubles as a Jimmy Interruptus?
Nah, he's back as himself in Part 9.

a) People in the office might start to talk, eventually. And b) she still has her car keys, doesn't she?
help )

PS: I just realized, probably will be till the weekend for next FDK on Lois.
Oh, dear. Did I make you [Linked Image] already? Here [Linked Image] in prep for part 9.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What? You didn't know Tempus' great, grandma was Cat Grant?
So, that's why Tempus is always interrupting (thanks Virginia) Lois and Clark's happy-time. He's an Olsen!

Nah, I probably drove him away with my Tank geared WHAM warning.
wave Michael

PS: Completely unrelated: I just noticed this smiley here: [Linked Image]

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
So, that's why Tempus is always [interrupting?) Lois and Clark's happy-time. He's an Olsen!
rotflol

shock She really did [Linked Image]
I'm sorry but I've given all the spoilers I'm alloted for this FDK, but I can reassure you that Lois and Dan do not make a baby.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard