#85740 04/13/12 08:42 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 02:10 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
I know, I know. I didn't review the last chapter. I didn't have time (still very limited). But then it... you... this... and I read... GAH! I had to get this out. My apologies.
Dan. She didn’t know what to think of Dan Scardino. He obviously didn’t trust her. She knew that discretion was an essential part of his job, but if he thought she was the type of person to blab everything she heard from her ‘boyfriend’ on the front page the Daily Planet… well, he really didn’t know her at all.
Trust issues are a biggie with Lois' relationships. None seem to escape it.
Truth be told, the one person she wanted to call on the phone at this moment and talk to… wasn’t Dan. It was her best friend; not Mayson, but a man who didn’t have a telephone… well, not one that Lois could access anymore than she could Mayson’s.
Good point. Like how Mayson's been usurped by Clark in that category.
344 Clinton Street. It wasn’t that far away. Actually, from her dreams, she knew exactly where Clark lived; she hadn’t needed to do the drive-by she had done on her way home from her stake-out on Scardino earlier. She knew she had never walked down Clinton before, even though it was nearby. Even if she did almost daily, or nightly, now in her dreams.
dance So clever! So will she just become psychic?
Superman. Superman had saved her life. Superman had saved the life of everyone. And he didn’t even exist.
The power of positive thinking.
Lois, she heard a male voice call her name. She turned and looked around the newsroom. There wasn’t anyone close by. That was strange.
[...]
Lois.

“Clark,” Lois whispered, again searching for him, her blood rushing with anticipation. But he wasn’t there.
[Linked Image] He's trying to tell her! He is real! He needs you to save him, Lois!
Lois waved her hands through the air. “Kiss me!”
That's it. [Linked Image]
“No,” Dan replied.
rotflol Love this ribbing.
“Lois Lane and Dan Scardino finally kissed. Who had this weekend in the pool?”
Ralph: Yes! [Linked Image]
Lex had never lost control. Ever. Even when Miranda had sprayed him with Revenge, Lex had stayed in control.
He prefers to pinch hit for the other team...?
That didn’t make sense, and she thought about that again. She hadn’t dreamed about that incident either. She dropped her head into her hands. What was wrong with her? She was having memories of imaginary men from her dreams and yet the memories were of dreams she couldn’t remember. The memories were there, somewhere in her head, but they were being elusive.
Hmm. Why indeed? [Linked Image]
That couldn’t be right. Yet, there it was! Located between Wichita and Topeka.

Smallville.
Mwah-ha-ha! devil Just to make Lois' already life confusing life that much more devilishly complicated...
Her top box was empty.
The advantage of shopping at bulk stores such as CostMart. wink
There sitting on top of her second box of Double Fudge Crunch bars was a piece of notebook paper.
Aha! She's found it!
She tossed it onto her desk and pulled out a candy bar.
/waits patiently for Lois to get her priorities straight/
Lois tore open the candy bar with her teeth, spit out the tab, and stuck the chocolaty goodness into her mouth.
Still waiting...
Her hand fell from her mouth and what remained of her candy bar dropped to the floor.
*There* we go!
At the top of the piece of notebook paper was written in her handwriting: Clark Kent is real. Research Tempus to rescue Clark from dying in the past. H. G. Wells will help you.
"SARAH! That wasn't funny!"
laugh
Yay! So great a chapter! Oh, and just because I found this and need to prove how much I love this new gremlins site... [Linked Image] Give me more, ASAP! I need to know what happens next!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
As much as I don't like the idea of Dan with Lois, I did like this:

“I’m not rejecting you. I just don’t want our first kiss to be forced.”
I'm glad Lois finally found the note!

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She had bought it over a year ago after Lex had saved her from Menken.
eek

Instead Lex had died before their relationship had ever made it that far, before she had ever let it get that far.
/whew/

So, for whom had she put on this outfit?
Dreamy guy in spandex?

Was she hoping that a superhero would show up at her window and take one look at her in this nightgown and… What?
Oooooh! Oooooh! Can Superman buy steamy sex for $50?

Where the Lost Aprils Are.
So, is there a serial bad guy who makes girls named April go ‘lost’?

well, not one that Lois could access anymore than she could Mayson’s.
Maybe Star could relay a message? And come to think of it, is there now Mayson with unencumbered access to Clark? And is that a fully grown Clark or is Mayson taking care of Baby Clark?

It was late, and she knew it probably wasn’t the best time of night for a stroll, but she wasn’t doing herself any good lying in bed and not sleeping.
Uh-oh.

344 Clinton Street. It wasn’t that far away.
Uuuuu…344 Clinton Street is said to be in a very bad neighborhood. Lois should carry mace.

She needed to go and look at the apartment and prove to herself that it wasn’t the same place as from her dreams, prove to herself once and for all that Clark didn’t exist.
Oooooooh!

He was a figment of her imagination. If she could do that, then she could move forward towards forgiving Dan for not trusting her.
Nononononononononononononono nononononononononononononononononononono nononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononono!

or her light would show Clark’s apartment: the apartment with the staircase just past the door down into the living room, where his couch, coffee table, and TV were.
Umm…

It looked just as it had when she had barged inside that day she thought Clark had been meeting Superman.
razz cat

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I want to move our relationship to the next level.
[Linked Image]

. I want you to kiss me,”
Oh. That. Whew…

She closed her eyes and puckered her lips and waited... And waited. And waited.

“No,” Dan replied.
[Linked Image]

Lois winced. “Get out!” How dare he? He had been throwing himself at her for weeks now, only to suddenly withdrawal?
razz There’re a lot of unflattering titles waiting for Lois. None are suitable for public use.

“She could be a clone.”

“Do you think she was brainwashed?”

“Possible, Jimmy. Possible.”

“Hypnotized?”
clap

“Or maybe that toe-dragging boyfriend of hers finally got around to remembering that she’s a woman and that he’s a man.”
eek

Perry bounced his eyebrows at her. “So, Lois, you and Scardino have fun this weekend?”

She rolled her eyes. “No comment.”
Oh dear! The Hokey-Pokey!

“Lois Lane and Dan Scardino finally kissed. Who had this weekend in the pool?”
Would it be called stuffing the polls if Lois raised her hand?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Unlike some other men. Lois grimaced, pushing out of her mind the thought of what had actually happened after the models had visited the Daily Planet.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Mouse!

I know, I know. I didn't review the last chapter. I didn't have time (still very limited). But then it... you... this... and I read... GAH! I had to get this out. My apologies.
No apologies needed. Your "..." spoke for themselves. wink

Trust issues are a biggie with Lois' relationships. None seem to escape it.
Nope.

Good point. Like how Mayson's been usurped by Clark in that category.
A woman I can talk to and relative to, or cute guy who listens to me, thinks I can do no wrong, backs me up when I do something stupid, and brings coffee? [Linked Image]

Did not see that coming. Smart move though. /reevaluates/ Then again, won't it only lead her to disappointment?
She's an investigative reporter. She *needs* to investigate. It's in her blood.

On second thought, let's not go to Clark's apartment. It's a messy place.
[Linked Image]

No! Believe, Lois! There's something fishy about knowing exactly how an apartment you've never seen before looks, right?
She's psychic?

By the way, since I neglected to comment on the last section, let me mention here that I like how well you blended Dr. Friskin's lines in with Sarah. I tip my imaginary hat to you.
Thank you.

"Is there though? Because the voices keep telling me otherwise."
What not to say to your pseudco-shrink for $200?

The Superman in her head is giving her real world advice?! Brilliant!
evil

The power of positive thinking.
Possibly.

He's trying to tell her! He is real! He needs you to save him, Lois!
cool [Linked Image]

I never thought I'd say the words, but: Dan's my hero!
Um... you sure about that?

Bugger. I retract my previous statement. Hey buddy, what happened to waiting?
He's a man, waiting isn't on his vocab list?

No! It's like it was the anti-true-love-kiss! One kiss from the absolutely wrong man and it wipes her mind clean of the important things! NO! WAIT! IT'S THE AMNESIA KISS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
laugh Uh... no.

Ralph: Yes!
rotflol Uh... no.

"SARAH! That wasn't funny!"
rotflol [Linked Image] [Linked Image] But, Lois, you should have seen the expression on your face!

Yay! So great a chapter! Oh, and just because I found this and need to prove how much I love this new gremlins site... Give me more, ASAP! I need to know what happens next!
Yeah, I love the smilie sit too. Posting again tonight at midnight. And I see your lightsaber smilie and raise you: [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
As much as I don't like the idea of Dan with Lois, I did like this:

“I’m not rejecting you. I just don’t want our first kiss to be forced.”
I'm glad Lois finally found the note!

Joan
I figure with all the scum that Lois attracts on a regular basis, every once and while a decent guy (besides Clark) should be attracted to her. peep

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Michael wave Wow, 3 parters. blush Gee, thanks. /pst/I found that if you put the new smilies in as IMG, you can put more smilies per post!/

Dreamy guy in spandex?
This guy? [Linked Image] or this one? [Linked Image]

Oooooh! Oooooh! Can Superman buy steamy sex for $50?
Of course, but Lois will never talk to him again. /pst/ I doubt it would happen on *this* boards either/

So, is there a serial bad guy who makes girls named April go ‘lost’?
Sorry, attention to detail disorder. That's the book she's reading in canon.

Maybe Star could relay a message? And come to think of it, is there now Mayson with unencumbered access to Clark? And is that a fully grown Clark or is Mayson taking care of Baby Clark?
I'm sorry if this is a spoiler, but Clark and Mayson do *not* meet in the beyond.

Uuuuu…344 Clinton Street is said to be in a very bad neighborhood. Lois should carry mace.
Really, Lois isn't happy to see you, it's her mace in her pocket!

Nononononononononononononono nononononononononononononononononononono nononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononono!
Oh, dear, did someone forget to take his anti-nausea medicine?

Wait. What now? That’s not what this means!
That's she's completely freaked out about dreaming about apartments that she's never been to before?

/waits for Dan to walk in front of a bus. Or a heavily overweight prostitute. Whichever does him in faster.
Sorry, no bus, and he never mentioned any prostitute.

How can she flash to something that wasn’t in her past with Clark?
[Linked Image]

Is he going to run off with the bomb? Lock himself in a broom closet?
Possibly, but sadly, not on the same day.

Oh great. If he isn’t impaled by a piece of desk, he’s so gonna score…
Dan = [Linked Image] ; Lois = He's not [Linked Image]

Hey! I’ve got an idea. Superman always thought he put Lois in danger and left her for it. Can Dan do the same trick?
But that would imply that Dan was a lunkhead?

End of Part 1 FDK - Time for breakfast break - more responses later. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Part 2 - Michael's FDK - hyper

Oh. That. Whew…
I'm sorry, did I forget to mention that Lois is part tree-sloth?

There’re a lot of unflattering titles waiting for Lois. None are suitable for public use.
What? They only kissed! Remember Lois is tree-sloth, turtle, snail, not really interested. [Linked Image]

Oh dear! The Hokey-Pokey!
No, it's just been so long that Lois has forgotten that with less information leads to more imagination.

Would it be called stuffing the polls if Lois raised her hand?
Even Lois knows better to bet on Lois.

FDK - PART 3

You said Lex hadn’t taken advantage. So, either nothing happened. Or Lois doesn’t blame Lex. Or Jimmy is the father of the little bundle of sleepless nights Ellen Lane is now raising for Lois.
Actually for... Lex, he was quite a gentleman. cool

She got too active an imagination?
And that a bad thing?

/waits for Lois to get to real fake kiss #4 in the Honeymoon Suite.
Are you counting the Superman kisses in that talley?

/waits for Lois to google ‘Clark Kent’ and find gravesite marked ‘Clark Kent’.
Right, the Kents find a dead alien baby and bury him in the Smallville Cementary. Right. B39 would NEVER find him there. :rolleyes:

Oooooooh! And how did it get there?
Is that important?

Oooooh! Oooooh! Oooooh! Oooooh!
And we've reached the top of the first hill. Prepare for [Linked Image] (That was the closest one I could find to a roller coaster. The front smilie is Joan, middle Mouse, and the one in the back is Michael.)

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, 3 parters. [Embarrassed] Gee, thanks. /pst/I found that if you put the new smilies in as IMG, you can put more smilies per post!/
I always suspected as much. Never got around to counting those, though.

[QUOTE] Dreamy guy in spandex?
This guy? [Linked Image] or this one? [Linked Image]
Must be [Linked Image]

[quote] quote:Oooooh! Oooooh! Can Superman buy steamy sex for $50?

Of course, but Lois will never talk to him again
From *Lois*, not form Cat. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if this is a spoiler, but Clark and Mayson do *not* meet in the beyond.
Noooooooooooooooooooo! razz

That's she's completely freaked out about dreaming about apartments that she's never been to before?
Oh, *that*. Okay, I'll let her have that.

Lois = He's not [Linked Image]
She really *is* picky, isn't she? What if he dresses up in spandex and cape and jumps off a building. Will she *then* swipe him up and put him in her bed?

But that would imply that Dan was a lunkhead?
Nothing that can't be fixed by judicious use of [Linked Image]

I'm sorry, did I forget to mention that Lois is part tree-sloth?
Because she moves so slow? If it's something else, I guess I just got out-Clarked.

No, it's just been so long that Lois has forgotten that with less information leads to more imagination.
Shouldn't she have learned by catsample?

Actually for... Lex, he was quite a gentleman.
You're really quite enjoying this, aren't you? wink

Are you counting the Superman kisses in that talley?
Does she know he's Superman? Pilot. Man of Steelbars. Kisses during PML. HiM.

Right, the Kents find a dead alien baby and bury him in the Smallville Cementary. Right. B39 would NEVER find him there. [Roll Eyes]
They are farmer's folk?

Is that important?
That always depends on who else saw it.

(That was the closest one I could find to a roller coaster. The front smilie is Joan, middle Mouse, and the one in the back is Michael.)
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I always suspected as much. Never got around to counting those, though.
For some reason my computer won't let me cut and paste the new smilies, so the only way I can get them to show is to copy the link from the properties screen and make it an "image".

From *Lois*, not form Cat.
Oh, sorry about the confusion. I had no idea why you thought Lois would give herself to any man at that price (even Superman). Cat, on the other hand, just wants cabfair home.

Noooooooooooooooooooo! razz
Really? Going to try to use that cute innocent face on me? Not going to work! Who posted this on FDK 6/25?

Originally posted by Darth Michael:
If you get motion sickness (or Dan sickness) this might be a good time to take your anti-nausea medicine

Oh deary! [Linked Image]
wave Michael
Oh, look, your siggy.

She really *is* picky, isn't she? What if he dresses up in spandex and cape and jumps off a building. Will she *then* swipe him up and put him in her bed?
Why? Is that what she did with Lex?

Shouldn't she have learned by catsample?
Yes.

You're really quite enjoying this, aren't you? wink
Yes! evil

Does she know he's Superman? Pilot. Man of Steelbars. Kisses during PML. HiM.
But Clark didn't kiss her back during PML, only Superman did. And, no, she doesn't know CK=S.

That always depends on who else saw it.
Anyone stupid enough to go through Lois' chocolate stash drawer would now have a permanent residence at Whispering Pines Cementary. devil

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally! Progress. This is one frustrating story. When will she finally meet Clark? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Finally! Progress. This is one frustrating story. When will she finally meet Clark? Laura
Hmmmm. Define "Meet".

Oooh, speaking of which, I better prep tonight's part. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For some reason my computer won't let me cut and paste the new smilies, so the only way I can get them to show is to copy the link from the properties screen and make it an "image".
You can copy the old ones? Or do you mean, just get the [text] representation? That could be because there's extra information added to the page for the board-integrated smileys while the others are just external images.

I had no idea why you thought Lois would give herself to any man at that price (even Superman).
True. She *was* willing to pay a hundredfold for a night with Superman. So, he'd probably have to pay even more than that.

Don't you think I've done enough to Clark in this story that I don't need to torture (have him stalked) in the afterlife as well?
Well, there is an old saying about how no one could torture Clark Kent like Yvonne Connell. Just figured, you'd make a run for it?

Really? Going to try to use that cute innocent face on me? Not going to work! Who posted this on FDK 6/25?
Yes, but that was in *last* part's *FDK*! There's been over *six* hours since you posted that warning. And there was an *entire* workday in between, too!

Why? Is that what she did with Lex?
Hmm... come to think of it, that might have been a good idea. swiped up, put in a biohazard wastebin, and driven to the incinerator herself. There, she watches as the gooey goodness is poured into the roaring fire.

But Clark didn't kiss her back during PML
Huh. But he. And they. Oh, right, you're not talking about the Whole Story there. My bad. /goes checking/ Huh. Really. I could have sworn Lois kissed him at least once on screen. wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can copy the old ones? Or do you mean, just get the [text] representation? That could be because there's extra information added to the page for the board-integrated smileys while the others are just external images.
Nope. That happened the first time (with Superman smilie), but after that I can copy the image to WORD but not a moving image, if I try to copy it to e-mail or here my computer tells me that there's nothing to "paste". evil

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard