Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85655 04/07/12 08:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the [i]Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] TOC here.

Thank you for reading. smile1

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 02:04 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That ice cream metaphor always annoyed me. I thought Clark got the short end of the stick. Love the idea of Superman being the sundae.

You're killing me here. I hate the idea of Lois with Dan but in this version of reality it doesn't make sense for her not to date him. Of course, I'm loving the fact that there doesn't seem to be much chemistry between them.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
That ice cream metaphor always annoyed me. I thought Clark got the short end of the stick. Love the idea of Superman being the sundae.
I love the ice cream methaphor! Well, on the show Sarah was trying to get her to date Scardino (Why? huh ) Of course, Lois knows that no matter how many ice cream flavors there are out there, eventually you end up ordering your favorite every time. Her favorite? Chocolate! But if we're doing men as ice cream, we've got to include Supes! And, of course, he would be Chocolate Ice cream with the works. wink

Later on after figuring out CK=S, Lois = wallbash (Just kidding laugh )

You're killing me here. I hate the idea of Lois with Dan
Hence my Dan WHAM warning wink Sometimes I think people on the boards hate the idea of Lois with Dan more than Clark with Mayson.

but in this version of reality it doesn't make sense for her not to date him. Of course, I'm loving the fact that there doesn't seem to be much chemistry between them.
Well, he is missing the Kryptonian soul mate gene. love But don't worry, Lois *never* dates men who she doesn't love completely. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sometimes I think people on the boards hate the idea of Lois with Dan more than Clark with Mayson.
Well, Clark with Mayson’s fun. Maybe it’s because Clark would never actually touch Mayson unless tied down to a bed with green or red crystals placed to strategically light up the room. Maybe it’s because of age-old clichés. Maybe it’s because a jealous Lois is fun while a jealous Clark is just looking for a hug. Plus, Lois with Dan is just plain icky! wink

Well, he is missing the Kryptonian soul mate gene
Well, it already shows with the loud outfits he wears that something’s just wrong with him.

But don't worry, Lois *never* dates men who she doesn't love completely.
No, she marries them instead.

Lois sighed. “Clark is my partner. Kind of. Sort of. In my dreams. It’s like I’m reliving the last year and a half of my life in my dreams. Only now, my life is perfect.”
“So, Lois, do you ever feel like you’ve been kidnapped by a strange guy from the last century or a strange guy from the next century and held prisoner in another multiverse for a year and a half?”

“Is he alive and well in these dreams?”
Define ‘well’. Physically. Yeah. Kinda. Mentally, I’d say he’s a tad unstable.

So, Lex was definitely alive in her dreams.
So far. What will Lois say once she learns that in her dreams he’s an Evil Mastermind™?

“And you have a partner at work,” Sarah stated. “Do you need a partner?”
Duh!

“No!” Lois exclaimed.

“You want a partner though?” her houseguest rephrased.
Kinda. He’s fun in the sack when we’re a predent couple.

“He’s a yang to my yin.”
It *is* funny that Lois is all the attributes of yin while yin also stands for the masculine goofy

‘the super man’, ‘the best friend’, and ‘the rich man’, right? Are you involved with any of them?”
“Not at the same time! What kind of woman do you think I am? Well, not *all* of them at the same time. And never in the same bed at the same time, anyway. I mean really? Lex would never go for that. Am not so sure about Clark and Superman, though. Those too, well, they look like they wake up in the same bed more often than not.”

And Lex? Well, he’s dead.”
Yes, but that’s not *his* fault.

Men as ice cream. Good example, Sarah.
Both can get you fat really fast. Only, with men, you can drop a lot of the weight in just a couple of hours (or days) if you’re willing to wait a couple of months.

“Well… I don’t know. I guess I have to try the Rocky Road before I decide.” Was Superman Rocky Road? The answer was simple. Give her a spoon!
So, Lois is now going to taste through all the ice cream flavors that look remotely like they’re chocolate related? Like Cat did with the strawberry kind?

“That’s the point. Clark’s chocolate. It’s good and all, but you’ve had it.”
Your point being? confused

“Yes, but you can put hot fudge on it and whipped cream.” Lois grinned. “And nuts.”
/checks D.E. requirement for part/

The young woman smiled. “Bananas.”
eek Holy…!

“Oh, bananas,” Lois moaned as she rested her head on her palm and thought about eating that banana split
goofy

Lois was running only on one cylinder, or was it half a cylinder?
The other one’s are clogged with ice cream.

If she was going to scare Scardino off with how she looked in the morning, she might as well do it before they got intimate.
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She returned the smile. They both knew that Jimmy’s guilt meter would say that he owed her for a long time in the future.
razz

But with Dan she was numb.
DingDingDing!

“I understand. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened with Lex if he hadn’t been shot.”
He’d have blown up the Daily Planet, got you to marry him, and jumped out the window.

She was a million miles away. Superman just told her that she was special to him.
Maybe she should take a mental health leave. I heard Neuroscience Center has an excellent repudation.

“Take me home, and get me to bed.”
eek

Oh, God! What had she been saying to him? She decided to play it off like a joke. “So, no double entendre with your curry sauce?”
Oh Lois…

“Why don’t we save that for a time when I’m right in the head?”

“So…” Dan paused as he unlocked her car door before going around to climb in the driver’s side. “Never?”
Brave. Stupid. But very brave.

Once they were inside the car, he repeated his jokey question, “Never? Or lunch in a couple of days and then dinner Saturday in a week?”
/does mental calculation/ That makes Saturday a week from now their third date. Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.

were locked inside the air-tight vault at the Gold Repository and they were running out of air.
That was always a very clever plot. An *airtight* vault. That only opens from the outside.

She really needed to stop thinking of Jimmy as a kid. He was twenty-two now. But for some reason ‘kid’ just seemed like the right word for him. Like a kid brother.
She could always tell him that she loves him like a brother.

“’Dear Lois. Sorry, but I need to reschedule lunch; I have to go out of town. Should be back by Saturday. Can’t wait. Yours in tulips, Dan’.”
/wipes brow/

Yours in tulips, Dan’
Cute.

‘Yours in tulips, Dan.’ What did that mean?
A witty remark to show that he is a smith of words, like that partner of hers. Jimmy?

“I’m not that scarred. And he’s not that exciting,” she clarified.
Lois could always do a Lethal Weapon III style scar counting with Clark.

“But… Perry, partnership is like marriage.” This time it was definitely a whine.
So?

“Howdy, partner,” Clark said, waving a blue folder at her. “What sounds better? ‘Kent and Lane’? Or ‘Lane and Kent’? ‘Kent and Lane’? ‘Lane and Kent’?”
‘Kent and Kent’?

“The straight man always goes first.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooops! blush I forgot to mention, I'm using this ~ instead of quote marks when Lois talks to that voice in her head. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/is suddenly reminded of Gilmore Girls episode where Kirk hid the eggs all over the town square and *didn't* draw an egg map./ The town smelled of rotten eggs for days to come (longer, if it hadn't been for an emergency cleaning requirement).

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
/is suddenly reminded of Gilmore Girls episode where Kirk hid the eggs all over the town square and *didn't* draw an egg map./ The town smelled of rotten eggs for days to come (longer, if it hadn't been for an emergency cleaning requirement).
No, we do plastic eggs with candy and money inside; I hate the idea of putting real eggs down on the ground outside :p . /my sister's been trying to get me into Gilmore Girls, but it hasn't happened yet/

Well, Clark with Mayson’s fun. Maybe it’s because Clark would never actually touch Mayson unless tied down to a bed with green or red crystals placed to strategically light up the room. Maybe it’s because of age-old clichés. Maybe it’s because a jealous Lois is fun while a jealous Clark is just looking for a hug. Plus, Lois with Dan is just plain icky!
Maybe it's because Mayson could have never stolen Clark away from Lois, but Dan almost did? wink

Well, it already shows with the loud outfits he wears that something’s just wrong with him.
Are we speaking of Dan or Clark's ties?

No, she marries them instead.
drool

Cat didn’t look fat.
Good Point!

/puts ‘hazardous for your health’ label on Rocky Road tub/
laugh

The other one’s are clogged with ice cream.
So true!

I don’t know. To fortify readers for WHAMs to come?
<<whistles innocently>> Let's just say that this Dan in like canon Dan, every time you think you've gotten rid of him, he pops up again.

Oooooh! That’s a neat trick. Of course, wouldn’t work on a person with backbone. But, hey… you work with what you’re given.
It worked when Sarah shot Clark. All she had to do was shoot Clark, then the brainwashing wore off (since bullets can't kill Clark). If Jimmy thinks he has to kill Lois, all she has to do is tell him he suceeded and he snaps out of it. And didn't you say something about the weak minded? "Person with a backbone" -- same thing, right?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! grumble Certainly not Mouse. She's one of the few FDKing my story. <<grumbles about making a few jesting comments about early postings>> wink </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">/looks at comment. Looks at ten-foot pole. Leaves quietly/</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Totally blanked on all the people I was killing off in my story when I wrote my responce. :rolleyes: rotflol

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/my sister's been trying to get me into Gilmore Girls, but it hasn't happened yet/
/Emperor Voice/ You want to give in. Yes. Good. I can feel your curiosity.

Maybe it's because Mayson could have never stolen Clark away from Lois, but Dan almost did?
Nah.

Are we speaking of Dan or Clark's ties?
Isn't it obvious?
wink
/evil laughter/

It was never consumated!
Semantics?

No, Sarah isn't *that* atune with the universe.
/thinks about cloning Sarah and mixing her DNA with a frog and Star/

quote: It *is* funny that Lois is all the attributes of yin while yin also stands for the masculine

See, I had it the other way around until my Beta said that Yin was female
wave Michael

1) C.U.T.E.: Acronym. Creepy, Ulterior motivated, Terrifyingly Evil

Kerth
Kerth
Not *much* time, but I'll grab what I can.
Sometimes I think people on the boards hate the idea of Lois with Dan more than Clark with Mayson.
Damn straight. laugh
But, Lois, that’s all Superman is: a dream man, a fantasy. He isn’t real. He doesn’t exist. And never will. Clark is also a fantasy, but a different kind. He’s your co-worker who you always beat out for stories. He supports you emotionally, but he also keeps you on your toes professionally, right? So, Clark more real, but he doesn’t exist either. And Lex? Well, he’s dead.
Wow, she just dove right in there, didn't she? Go for it, Sarah! Dash her frfagile heart to pieces! :rolleyes:
“That’s the point. Clark’s chocolate. It’s good and all, but you’ve had it.”
Not technically...
“Yes, but you can put hot fudge on it and whipped cream.” Lois grinned. “And nuts.”
/spews water everywhere... rereads... yep, can't possibly just be my dirty mind...
Right. You take the great guy that Clark is and add all the super hero bits and you get… Superman!
Let's focus in on that point.
He’s the sundae with the works. Chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, nuts, cherry.” The young woman smiled. “Bananas.”

“Oh, bananas,” Lois moaned as she rested her head on her palm and thought about eating that banana split
evil )
What you want is a little bit of this, a little bit of that. I’m telling you, Lois, it’s time to take out that little pink taster spoon and try Rocky Road.
Yes. Sampling. The key to every healthy relationship.
If she was going to scare Scardino off with how she looked in the morning, she might as well do it before they got intimate. Oh, God, was she thinking about getting intimate with Dan?
/scrambles in search of a baseball bat to be ready just in case/ Oh, wait. I almost forgot we had lackeys on this board. wildguy wildguy
He was stronger than he looked.
Hmm. Jimmy? Strong? Perhaps... nah. He couldn't be... well, it does say here he's a 97% match... laugh
Relaxing for a fraction of a moment, Lois closed her eyes and whispered, “I’m dead.”
Clever.
Jimmy was her lackey, and she wasn’t going to lose him over a little brainwashing
peep Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Take me home, and get me to bed.
I'm going to continue reading this with the baseball bat besides me. Although, that could be risky- I don't want to get too upset and end up accidentally smashing Jimmy (my laptop).
“Why don’t we save that for a time when I’m right in the head?”

“So…” Dan paused as he unlocked her car door before going around to climb in the driver’s side. “Never?”
/crickets sound/ Um... yeah... that joke kinda fell flat, didn't it?
Lois stood there for a moment, contemplating why she wanted him to actually open the door for her. She didn’t need a man to open doors for her; so why was she suddenly expecting such chivalrous behavior from Dan?
Aw. Lois, sweeite. That's Clark withdrawals... WAIT. Did not catch that until I wrote it. blush
Lois kept thinking back to her date with Dan. She had asked him to tell her about his current case: dead end. She asked him to tell her what he did for the DEA: change of subject. Dan told her that his work was strictly off limits. He would not, could not talk about it. He had said this while taking her straight home.
There should be red flags all over the place with this one.
Was she too distracted with the memory of becoming Kent’s partner?
[...]
No. Not memory. It couldn’t have been a memory, unless it had been a recollection of her dream, which truthfully, didn’t make sense. How come she could remember her dreams so vividly recently, when she never had before? It was like they were invading her conscious self.
Hmm... sleep on that one, Lois. Why *are* you confusing dreams with reality? (Oooh! Like Inception!)

Great chapter. Can't wait for more. I guess I got more detailed than I intended with the FDK, but that's okay. More for you!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/Emperor Voice/ You want to give in. Yes. Good. I can feel your curiosity.
Next you'll be wanting me to give up my non-interactive phone and get an iPhone and join Facebook, and...

Isn't it obvious?
wink
/evil laughter/
clap clap And a billionaire or two or six... a couple of scientists... hmmmm, do I sense a pattern here?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, Mouse! She wasn't scared off by vague threats over on DC's story. help Spoilage tape! <<mumbles>> Never mind. thumbsup

There should be red flags all over the place with this one.
Good thing Lois isn't attracted to things others don't want her to access... oh. <<face palm>>

Great chapter. Can't wait for more. I guess I got more detailed than I intended with the FDK, but that's okay. More for you!
Thanks and dance

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

Wonderful chapter. smile1

That should make the puzzle pices fit together. laugh

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Virginia,

Wonderful chapter. smile1
cool

That should make the puzzle pices fit together. laugh
That's sarcasm, right? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, let's see. 1)Luthor's White Orchid Ball; 2) Kerth Awards; and 3) when Clark *finally* asked her out and they *finally* went... Of course, Lois would probably say that the first two weren't *really* dates. [Big Grin] (Semantics)
1) wasn't a date with Clark. That was business. Same goes btw. for the date/dinner with Lex. 2) That was just friends helping each other out. 2.5) was a trial run. 3) was their first date. The weird Carnival outing, that was more like friends hanging out. Plus it got interrupted by Call-Me-Daniel. It could do in a pinch (i.e. in case of horny emergency), though. Breakfast at Callard's, well, yeah, that would have been a date. But Clark's parents kind of blew that one. Way to go, country couple, getting kidnapped on the first day in the Big City. /steadfastly ignores that Clark probably tried to go out with Lois many more times off screen. Also, likely he left her fuming just as many times, possibly even sticking with the bill, like some pseudo-french wannabe actor/
goofy

Next you'll be wanting me to give up my non-interactive phone
Hey, don't diss smartphones. They're great for reading LnC fanfic on the boards (with a good data-plan from your carrier). Plus, you can use it to call people, too (works most of the times).
and get an iPhone
/Has made personal life choice to stay away from things with fruit on it./
and join Facebook, and...
/Has made personal life choice to stay away from any sort of social network/ No, LnC boards are no social network.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dizzy

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard