Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm only posting early because Sunday is Easter. My gift to you. smile

Happy Easter, FolCs! (Or Happy Passover, as the case may be.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oops, meant to post my other window first... *sigh* devilsplat

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, I really liked this chapter. Finally I see Lois in Lois! Nice. thanks and Happy Easter to you too. Laurie

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Yay, I really liked this chapter. Finally I see Lois in Lois! Nice. thanks and Happy Easter to you too. Laurie
Thank you, Laurie! wave She really is becoming more like our Lois at this point. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yippie! Early Part! Hey, wait! That means a longer space until next Thursday. hyper

Kal lingered in the shower as long as he could, then slowly dried, shaved, and dressed.
He *shaved*? Wow, he really was delaying here.

Kal nodded absently, and prepared two mugs of steaming coffee.
Oooh, they’re going to be awake all night on a caffeine high. What will they do? wink

"Come sit on the couch with me?" She patted the empty cushion next to her. "Please?"

"I...all right," Kal stammered, his heart hammering in his chest.
She’s going to kill me!

"Look, Lois...I'm sorry," he said, the words coming out in a rush. "You wanted to talk earlier and I left with Jai. I'm sorry. You must be furious with me. I promised myself that I wouldn't do anything to make you mad. At least...not intentionally."
Uh-oh. Apology junkie hard at work.

"Kal," Lois said again, effectively silencing the prince. "You don't need to apologize."
Kal = jawdrop Now, she tells me!

"Sure I have," Lois said. "I've been horrible to you. I'm so sorry for that.
“Yep, clone.”

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FDK - Part 2

Lois sighed and shrugged. "I'm a little embarrassed to admit this. But...I've been watching you these last three months."

"Watching me?"
drool

Lois didn't hate him. She'd talked to him. She'd been open to his questions and had taken an interest in him. She had apologized for their rough start to their marriage. And not once had they fought.
Yep, clone. goofy

He could scarcely wait for the morning, for then, he would have another chance to be with his wife.
evil

Already he knew that even if she never grew to love him, he had begun falling for her.
She really doesn’t deserve him and he *really* hasn't deserved her. Let's hope she does something to make it up to him and soon...

Like by TUESDAY perhaps? laugh grovel

/Pst. Thanks, Michael, for the suggestion. It's a lifesaver... a stress-saver!/

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, we are seeing the melting of Polar Ice Cap Lois. Make sure there is an extra pan at the end of the story to catch all the dripping water from this chapter.

What a gentle chapter after the explosions of the past 7 chapters. The only thing you left out was Fasa waiting on Lois' lap for his Daddy to come back out of the shower. If Lois makes friends with Fasa, and he tells Kal it is okay for the wife to be included in their little family, I can see the church bells begin to ring and the kingdom of Krypton having a celebration of the wedded bliss of its crown prince and the wife he was given. Anyway, Kal seems to be getting stars in his eyes about the wife that he was joined with months ago.

Enjoying the good stuff! Will enjoy this even more when they decide to act like a loving couple!

Pat

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Another great chapter!

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Columnist
Columnist
There's something you don't hear everyday: 'I think I'm falling in love with my wife!'

Fantastic part, as usual! Now that they're friends, maybe They go to the gym together, not stalker/stalkee style lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Getting To Know You...Getting To Know All About You
Huh. Sounds dirty. Well, I guess we’ve got the D.E. Act requirement fulfilled.

He'd thought for sure that Lois would be asleep by now.
Tough luck.

The hotter the water, the cleaner he felt.
Yes. He talked with Lois. And with her potty mouth, he must feel dirtier than the time Jay tricked him into diving into the palace’s septic tank. And it *was* a mean trick. Betting him he’d rather take the dive than do whatever legal thing Jai could come up with. Too bad that Jai told Kal to make Catira happy.

He was pretty sure that he hadn't done anything wrong, at least not today.
He’s breathing, is he not?

He'd barely even had time to say two words to Lois.
See? He said *two* *whole* words* to Lois. See? He *only* said two words to Lois all day.

Unless...was she angry that he'd chosen to go with Jai earlier when she'd tried to talk with him?
Nah. Couldn’t be.

Lois hadn't actually sounded mad.
Red alert! Red alert! It’s always the quiet ones that hurt the most.

She hadn't commanded him to speak with her.
confused

She hadn't demanded that he sit down and talk right as he got back into the chambers.
He was sweaty and half-naked. Of *course*, she wanted him cleaned up and dressed again. Can’t have him stain the upholstery with his stinkin’ man sweat.

She had said please.
They replaced her. Jai and Ching cloned her and *replaced* her!

It was almost enough to make Kal hopeful that maybe he wasn't going to be subjected to another one of Lois' verbal assaults.
laugh

Kal lingered in the shower as long as he could,
Am sure Lois is *not* going to wonder what he’s doing in there. Or why he left the Play Kryptonian issue lying around in there.

then slowly dried, shaved,
My my, he does want to make a good 120th impression.

He fixed Lois' cup first, remembering how she had made it on their first morning together.
Oh deary!

. She'd never varied the amounts of sugar and cream, so he felt confident enough to make her drink for her.
Yes, but she never took one in the evening. He doesn’t know she likes an extra spoon at night.

"Come sit on the couch with me?" She patted the empty cushion next to her. "Please?"
Danger! Danger! Did you count your kitchen knives yet?

"It's perfect."
eek

"Look, Lois...I'm sorry,"
Always a good way to start the conversation with Lois.

"Kal," Lois said again, effectively silencing the prince. "You don't need to apologize."

"I don't?"
“No, silly. I switched the sugar with rat poison and thinned the whole milk with laxative. I’m really looking forward to how this turns out.”

"No," she said. "If anything, I'm the one who should be apologizing.
But… But… But… Lois never apologizes. She’s *always* right. They really replaced her eek And with a defective clone, too!

"Sure I have," Lois said. "I've been horrible to you.
No, honey. You’ve just had a couple bad months. It happens to every bitca once in a while.

It's just...this marriage...this whole situation...I haven't taken to it very well."
“I really couldn’t tell.”

"Is it really that bad being married to me?" Kal asked in a small voice.
What do *you* think?

"It hasn't been ideal,"
Master of the understatement.

She returned his smile with a small one of her own,
goofy

In fact, I'd always hoped that the woman I'd end up marrying would have a mind of her own.
Makes for a more lively marriage. And makeup sex?

You have no idea how boring it is being around noble young women who are more interested in playing the part of a proper young lady than in showing any sort of real personality.
But…But…But that’s not *proper*!

"And, for the record, I have no use for a woman who sews," he added in a teasing tone.
Yes. He got servants for that.

"Now, a woman who will accompany me for a run, or out horseback riding,
Yes. More fun than having Jai with him. Especially when he’s skinny dipping in one of the many ponds and fountains in the extensive palace gardens.

"You're taking awfully well to the fact that I've just admitted to being the black sheep of the Lyne family," Lois said, though she could not hide her grin.
You take what you’re given…

Well, at least, I did, a lot more than Luci did."
Probably a wise choice. Probably hurts the business if Luci acts out while she’s entertaining.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's part of your...privileges as a lord."
Well… I wouldn’t call it a privilege, per se. According to the scrolls, it’s actually more of a sacred duty for a Noble Lord to bestow himself on the lesser ladies.

"If it was my decision, the practice would stop altogether.
He really does want a riot, doesn’t he?

I believe that two people should be faithful to one another when they marry.
It’s not cheating if it’s sanctioned by the law and the wife’s informed. Kal really doesn’t fit into Kryptonian society, huh?

You can ask me anything. I'll never lie to you.
“So, Kal, where do you go every time something bad is about to happen and Superman shows up?”
“Umm…”

"Kal...about that necklace you gave me on our wedding night. What was the real reason you gave it to me?"
“I hoped it would smoothen the…get-to-know-each-other phase?”

I didn't want to get you something that was so common that you'd see it everywhere. I wanted you to know that you'd be very special to me, no matter what happened or what the circumstance of our marriage was."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
: Getting To Know You...Getting To Know All About You
Oooh. [Clap] I love that song! (Except *that* king had HOW many wives?)
Well, if he was like King Solomon, as I learned in Sunday school, he had a hundred wives and three hundred porcupines.
laugh

[Linked Image]

What? What? /puts in hearing aids/

Oh wait, that was three hundred CONCUBINES!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is getting on track to the couple we all know and love!

Its good they had a chance to communicate, tell all their fears and hopes. Lois was trained for years to be his wife. An option to do or be anything else was out of the question for her. No wonder the woman was so frustrated and lashed out at Kal whenever possible.

Thus far the story or progressing nicely.

OK. Time to nitpick.

Are we on Krypton or England? Read the term 'young royals' more than once. Besides the archaic custom of marrying people off to complete strangers this seems like Metropolis.

Maybe this is because Jor-el became deeply interested in life on a little known planet called Earth?

Just saying...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yippie! Early Part! Hey, wait! That means a longer space until next Thursday.
clap

Oooh. I love that song! (Except *that* king had HOW many wives?)
huh

Someone has kidnapped his wife and replaced her with a Clone!
Lux Uthor strikes again!

He *shaved*? Wow, he really was delaying here.
Yup. laugh

Oooh, they’re going to be awake all night on a caffeine high. What will they do?
Play Jenga? wink

She’s going to kill me!
laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FDK - Part 2
Ooh! The sequel! clap

I knew I should have locked the bathroom door!
"And there's a reason why air freshener was invented!"

Kal takes another look at the woman next to him on the couch, “You know for a clone, you aren’t half bad looking.”
laugh

/Pst. I think these are supposed to be a [./i]’s (I added the "." so it wouldn't italicize everything else in this FDK)
Thanks. Saw your feedback at 2am and fixed it with my phone...which was a royal pain in the butt. :p

It’s not ‘worrying’ if his wife’s really a shrew. What Kal has is a gift for cowering under the influence of a strong woman.
rotflol

Kal, the super sweetie!
Aaaaaaaand....melt.

“Luckily, you missed, otherwise you *really* would have made a good first impression!” Ba-dum-bump! (I did mention liking corny, cheesey jokes, right?)
You did! I'm not sure who is worse, you, my husband, or his dad. wink

“I could really use some heat-vision about now. How about you?” Crap! I shouldn’t have said that. Lois with heat-vision. I’d have been a bile ol’ pile of ash 3 months ago.
rotflol

There are other places she could bounce… <<cough>> use up that energy.
Bouncey castle...right??? wink

Oh, right. Gfic boards.
Yeah...well...

Yeah! That’s Kal’s job. <<wags finger>>
He has that job market pretty well covered.

Ooooh, Kal, she *wants* you!
Who doesn't? wink

Right, his *heart*.
Ha! (I think I may have graemlined out)

A familiar ache perhaps?
<snork> G-fic!

When the she-devil returned! It’s Tempus! He opened a time-space-dimensional-window and exchanged Lois for the clone and in the morning, he’s going to return the original Lois. He’ll keep doing this until Lois’s nightmare comes true! AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! Yep, Lois is sooooo going to screw with his mind.
<laughs so hard, sides ache>

She really doesn’t deserve him and he *really* hasn't deserved her. Let's hope she does something to make it up to him and soon...
Soon!

Like by TUESDAY perhaps?
Maybe not quite *that* soon. But next chapter soon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
Well, we are seeing the melting of Polar Ice Cap Lois. Make sure there is an extra pan at the end of the story to catch all the dripping water from this chapter.

What a gentle chapter after the explosions of the past 7 chapters. The only thing you left out was Fasa waiting on Lois' lap for his Daddy to come back out of the shower. If Lois makes friends with Fasa, and he tells Kal it is okay for the wife to be included in their little family, I can see the church bells begin to ring and the kingdom of Krypton having a celebration of the wedded bliss of its crown prince and the wife he was given. Anyway, Kal seems to be getting stars in his eyes about the wife that he was joined with months ago.

Enjoying the good stuff! Will enjoy this even more when they decide to act like a loving couple!

Pat
Hi Pat! wave

Thank you!

Lovey-dovey stuff to come pretty soon. Glad you liked this one. Lots of melting going on - almost short circuited my laptop with all the meltiness! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Another great chapter!

wave
Thanks, Sydney. So glad to hear that you are liking this story. It's been a blast as I have written it, I can tell you that much! smile Fasa will be around, promise!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
There's something you don't hear everyday: 'I think I'm falling in love with my wife!'

Fantastic part, as usual! Now that they're friends, maybe They go to the gym together, not stalker/stalkee style lol
Well, maybe not to the gym...at least...not that I have written...but other stuff, yes. Glad that you liked Kal thinking he might be falling in love with his wife. I really loved the irony of that, and it does creep up again.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh. Sounds dirty. Well, I guess we’ve got the D.E. Act requirement fulfilled.
Ha!

Yes. He talked with Lois. And with her potty mouth, he must feel dirtier than the time Jay tricked him into diving into the palace’s septic tank. And it *was* a mean trick. Betting him he’d rather take the dive than do whatever legal thing Jai could come up with. Too bad that Jai told Kal to make Catira happy.
Ewwwww! Does that make Kal a cra...cruddy prince?

He’s breathing, is he not?
And with a pulse to boot!

See? He said *two* *whole* words* to Lois. See? He *only* said two words to Lois all day.
drool

Oh...right...feedback...

They replaced her. Jai and Ching cloned her and *replaced* her!
And here I was blaming Lux! eek

Am sure Lois is *not* going to wonder what he’s doing in there. Or why he left the Play Kryptonian issue lying around in there.
Or why that issue is st...never mind. :p

My my, he does want to make a good 120th impression.
The art of stalling, 101.

Yes, but she never took one in the evening. He doesn’t know she likes an extra spoon at night.
drool

Huh..wha??? Sorry, my mind went elsewhere at the thought of Kal skinny dipping.

You take what you’re given…
Even with it is highly unstable and liable to kill you?

Probably a wise choice. Probably hurts the business if Luci acts out while she’s entertaining.
<snicker>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well… I wouldn’t call it a privilege, per se. According to the scrolls, it’s actually more of a sacred duty for a Noble Lord to bestow himself on the lesser ladies.
So...Kal's a *heathen*?

He really does want a riot, doesn’t he?
It helps garner the women's votes tho...Oooh...wait. wink

It’s not cheating if it’s sanctioned by the law and the wife’s informed. Kal really doesn’t fit into Kryptonian society, huh?
Noep. hyper

On Sunday? This Sunday? Yes, please? Pretty please?
Nope, evil author, remember...Oh crud. The black SUVs just found my parents' house where I am currently staying for the holiday...

wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard