Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85540 04/03/12 09:18 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the [i]Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois[/i] TOC here.

Update: I'm currently writing the last scene of the last part. This last part is a monster of a part... a huge part... a double (literally) the length of any part I've ever written part. So, laugh , it might end up being two parts. evil

I promise the full roller coaster ride for this story, but as with every ride it starts with a bit of building up of anticipation with waiting in line. Have paitence, the ride will arrive. laugh

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 01:56 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
It's interesting that Clark has made such an impression on Lois that she can't completely forget him. I like how she's confusing Clark and Superman in her dreams.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
It's interesting that Clark has made such an impression on Lois that she can't completely forget him. I like how she's confusing Clark and Superman in her dreams.

Joan
Well, that Clark makes quite an impression. laugh Yeah, I wonder why she keeps confusing those guys? They have *nothing* in common. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now that she is dreaming about Clark/Superman the note that she so carelessly discarded on her desk might make some sense. dance

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Now that she is dreaming about Clark/Superman the note that she so carelessly discarded on her desk might make some sense. dance
cool Thanks for reading.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

I read all of your stories. thumbsup

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Virginia,

I read all of your stories. thumbsup
blush Why, thank you, Ken. You sure know how to make a girl blush. I appreciate the compliment.

Ken, you have a very unique style and an ability for A-plot I envy. We all learn from one another. I like that about the boards.

BTW, I use cool = I can't say anything more or incur the wrath of the Spoilage Police. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sometimes she dreamed of Superman. Sometimes she dreamed of this fictitious partner Clark. Sometimes she dreamed of them in the same dream, but never at the same time.
Hee hee hee!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Sometimes she dreamed of Superman. Sometimes she dreamed of this fictitious partner Clark. Sometimes she dreamed of them in the same dream, but never at the same time.
Hee hee hee!
This is one of those paragraphs that got deleted when its original scene got altered, but I loved so much I found a spot and squeezed it back in. I'm glad you enjoyed it. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, some of you might notice that the part totals differ between this Part and the FDK for this Part, that's because Part 24 ending up being WAY too long, like 40 double spaced pages (twice the length of some of my lengthy Parts), so my Betas and I decided to extend your reading pleasure by chopping in half to give you two more days to chew off your fingernails. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Hmm... I wonder why Lois is dreaming about this mystery Clark/Superman so much. Must be thanks to those random novel notes she practically just threw across the bullpen the other day- seeped into her subconscious. That and the bad chinese food. :rolleyes:
Lois floated up and over the city in the arms of this handsome stranger, a handsome stranger who ate a bomb, saving the space shuttle Prometheus. Then he lifted up her and the colonists and took the whole spaceship to the space station. He flew. He was strong. He was modest. That bomb didn’t faze him.
So, she's quite literally re-living the moments in her dreams? From her perspective?
He hadn’t worn anything
drool
other than his blue suit, his uniform.
Oh. Bummer. (Well? It *is* a dream, isn't it?)
A bright blue skin-tight suit with cherry red shorts, which brought her attention to his muscular body, and the “S” crest on his chest. Too bad that big red cape covered his derrière. [QUOTE]
Indeed. And I repeat: drool
[QUOTE] Especially not what’s-his-name, her clumsy, mud-brown eyed, junk-food eating, example of a Neanderthal “partner”
whinging
“You know, he didn’t seem that special to me. Except for the flying and the uniform, he could be any ordinary guy,” said Clark from behind her
Hint, hint.
“What we’ve got have is an example of human evolution, before and after. Clark is the before. Superman is the after.” She glanced over her shoulder at Clark and his crooked glasses, his tie over his shoulder, his jacket slipping off his shoulder as he munched on a cake donut, with his hair a mess. “Make that the way, way after.”
Is that so, now, Lois? Although I must admit, you paint a pretty funny picture of an unkempt Clark. /whispers: "got have"? Do you mean "got here" or just "have got" in which case the second have is extraneous./
Lois turned around and sat down on the table. “I’ll find him,”
Run with that, Lois.
Another dream. Another Clark dream. Another Clark dream about Superman. What was it about this man her subconscious could not let go of?
Something about saving his life and time travelling all over the place? But that's a bit of an extreme theory.
There was Clark, talking to the MPD bomb squad. When had Clark arrived? Where did Superman disappear off to? No, wait, it had been Clark who had been concerned about her head. Why… how had she confused the two men?
Think about it...
She felt sad at his departure; it had been nice to have a man look at her that way again, like her input was important. That was just how Clark looked at her. She shook this thought out of her head.
/worries about with all Lois' dreams with having a partner that becomes more, she might project said feelings on the scum of the earth... I mean Dan/

Anyways. I know I'm a little late on these comments, but I figured I had *some* time, so I should wait until I could squeeze in some legitimate feedback. Great part, and can't wait for more? Oh, and, when's the realization coming? Tell me it is coming soon...

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Okay, some of you might notice that the part totals differ between this Part and the FDK for this Part, that's because Part 24 ending up being WAY too long, like 40 double spaced pages (twice the length of some of my lengthy Parts), so my Betas and I decided to extend your reading pleasure by chopping in half to give you two more days to chew off your fingernails. evil
CHEW OFF OUR FINGERNAILS?! WHY? WHAT SORT OF EVILNESS ARE YOU PLOTTING?!?!?! WHAT DID YOU DO, VIRGINIA?! NO!!! THERE'S GOING TO BE NO RESOLUTION!! THE HORROR! IT WILL NEVER END:
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

spider

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouse! drool </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">:o Okay, it's a dream (hence her POV).

At least she's getting the memories in the right order. If she remembered something like Superman's airfield kiss before remembering anything about Clark? There would go all hopes of seeing Clark for more than a... a... well, see the previous quote.
Of course, if she kissed Supes first then this story might go evil

OH NO! She's going to end up analyzing her dreams, isn't she? And convince Lois that she's either crazy or that she should blow it off? Then poor Clark will remain a dead baby *forever*!
Only Part 2.

“You know, he didn’t seem that special to me. Except for the flying and the uniform, he could be any ordinary guy,” said Clark from behind her
Hint, hint.
I just realized this is the same thing she says to Superman back in BatP. DUH!

/whispers: "got have"? Do you mean "got here" or just "have got" in which case the second have is extraneous./
Thank you. blush Fixed.

/worries about with all Lois' dreams with having a partner that becomes more, she might project said feelings on the scum of the earth... I mean Dan/
Well, Clark *is* dead. She's a woman, Dan's a... DEA agent. laugh cool

Anyways. I know I'm a little late on these comments, but I figured I had *some* time, so I should wait until I could squeeze in some legitimate feedback. Great part, and can't wait for more? Oh, and, when's the realization coming? Tell me it is coming soon...
She's good, but not *that* good. You're still in line for the roller coaster. (Hint: You will be able to tell how close you are to getting on the ride by the amount and length of the flashbacks.)

CHEW OFF OUR FINGERNAILS?! WHY? WHAT SORT OF EVILNESS ARE YOU PLOTTING?!?!?! WHAT DID YOU DO, VIRGINIA?! NO!!! THERE'S GOING TO BE NO RESOLUTION!! THE HORROR! IT WILL NEVER END:
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
No? Well, let's just say, I've perfected the art of cliffies. evil cool

Thanks for the comments. <<waves!>> (I'm out of Graemlins)

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He hadn’t worn anything
eek

other than his blue suit, his uniform.
Bad author!

Too bad that big red cape covered his derrière.
That’s what it’s for?

How could Perry assign her – Lois Lane, three-time Kerth award winner – a partner!?!
So, it’s a nightmare, then?

Did he have all the parts of a man?
It’s a dream, Lois! You *can* find out.

The bomb exploded, and when the smoke cleared, Superman was gone. Missing. Disappeared. Forever.
That’s an interesting bit. Superman can eat bombs but would the confetti when it from the outside?

She looked down and shifted her pencil around on her desk. “Aliens,” she mumbled.
/wonders what’s going to come off this.

Inside was the most hideous mobile/statue thingy with pictures of a bunch of floating eyes and an upside-down mouth.
But it was already time for the Prankster confused

Anyone can send flowers, Dan.
Reasons anyone else gets laid, for $25.

You shouldn’t have.” She hoped he never did again.
clap

“Dan, I’m flattered, I really am. It’s just… I’ve been seeing Clark…”
eek She’s going cuckoo!

That would be Superman. Clark was that hick reporter from Smallville of all places.
*twice* cuckoo! Also, the others are right. Will she discover Smallville is a real place? And will she just put it off as having heard it somewhere before?

Actually, Dan was the only guy who had asked her out since Lex had…
Jumped off the balcony?

It seemed like men were intimidated to follow in the footsteps of the third richest man in the world… since Lex had died in her arms.
clap And hacks, too! eek

“And lose the story, never. Jimmy, you’re staying with Alice and me.”
Couldn’t Jimmy and Sarah share the room at Perry’s?

Perry and Jimmy exchanged a look. Then Lois watched as the Chief faded away with a gesture that read, “I’m not touching that one”.
Was that still from the show?

Except for the flying and the uniform, he could be any ordinary guy,”
Says the ordinary guy. :rolleyes: No jealousy at all.

“What we’ve got have is an example of human evolution, before and after. Clark is the before. Superman is the after.”
Clark:
[Linked Image]

Superman:
[Linked Image]

She could hear Clark chuckling behind her. Wonderful. Just what she needed. Smallville thinking he was better than she was, that she was a joke as far as Superman was concerned.
If the glass pump fits?

Wait a minute. I get it. You and Superman joined the ol’ Zero Gravity Club up on the space station, didn’t you?”
That wasn’t on the show, right? So… :calP:

Sometimes she dreamed of them in the same dream, but never at the same time.
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“A friend? A boyfriend? A friend friend. Or just a friend?” Sarah grilled him.
[…]
“Who are you?” Dan asked as Lois rushed to the door.
“A friend? A girlfriend? A girl who’s a friend. Or just a friend?”

No, no, no! Sarah wasn’t allowed to chase away the only man who had asked her on a date in the past year.
/Shackles Sarah to Lois’s bed.

“Gee, if I had known that there was going to be a test, I would have studied,” Dan gave back to her houseguest as much as she was giving to him.
Did she grill Clark in the show? It’s really been a while blush

Was Dan there in an official capacity?
As her boyfriend?

It was Jimmy, calling from the office.

“Jimmy! What’s up?” she asked him.
Jimmy Interruptus! goofy What a *weird* dream.

“I stole it!” Lois confessed, mortified by her behavior. “I have never stolen a story before in my life.
Nightmare, then.

“Not in this millennium,” Lois guaranteed her.
/remembers vignette about Lois apologizing on New Year’s Day of the new millennium/ Hmm… I was right. It’s by MLT! http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2006/millenni.txt

This was bad. Really. Really. Bad.
This is good. Really. Really. Good.

So, how long till the ride? /remembers waiting for more than an hour in Disney World/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael hyper

Bad author!
In protest to the new suit that DC came up for Superman, he will be flying naked in my upcoming stories. clap

That wasn’t on the show, right? So...
Yep, show again... Lots of quoted scenes and dialogue in these early Parts. My apologies. I tried to spice them up again with Lois's inner thoughts, though.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Ooooh! More shiney things! hyper

“A friend? A girlfriend? A girl who’s a friend. Or just a friend?”
A girlfriend, but only in your dreams, Dan!

"And, Lois, when Dan does these things to you, how does that make you feel?"

Lois stomps out of the room.

"Dan, what do you think it means that you're attracted to women who are emotionally unavailable to you and seek danger in their lives?"

Lois returns with handcuffs.

"Lois, what are those for?"

/Shackles Sarah to Lois’s bed.
See!

Did she grill Clark in the show? It’s really been a while
Nope, Sarah grills Dan in canon.

Jimmy Interruptus!
Yes, the part of Clark Interruptus is played by Jimmy in this Part. (Clark's dialogue gets shared by the other players -- mostly Jimmy -- throughout my story. Sorry, Tank, I warned you in my WHAM warning. wink )

Icky stuff Lois doesn’t like but the readers might not approve of.
See in Encyclopedia under "Luthor, Lex."

Icky stuff Lois likes but the readers might not approve of.
Lucky we're on these boards. laugh

Lois: “I want Clark.” Dan: “I hope she doesn’t want Clark.”
Lois: "Do I want him to ask me out?" Dan: "Should I ask her out in front of psycho roommate?"

She really makes a bad Jimmy replacement.
Sorry, blame canon. Anyway, she's filling in for Lucy.

/remembers vignette about Lois apologizing on New Year’s Day of the new millennium/ Hmm… I was right. It’s by MLT!
hyper Yeah! Another MLT story recommendation! (Thank you for the link.)

This is good. Really. Really. Good.
Thank you. notworthy

So, how long till the ride? /remembers waiting for more than an hour in Disney World/
Well, this story is 25 parts, plus an epilogue (and Prologue), then there's Book 2... Oh, wait, "UNTIL" the ride? cool (See above hint in my reply to MouseRocks).

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In protest to the new suit that DC came up for Superman, he will be flying naked in my upcoming stories.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Spelled out, plotholes are just that much more obvious.
I work with what I've been given. wink

Well, Lex seemed very un-Lex and I wasn't sure what's going on?
wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:

Jimmy?
Exactly! He's never been THAT good.
Well, Lois be playing wingman...

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard