Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
peep

Also, I decided to title the chapters. Next up will be "Storm, Thy Name Is Lois."

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
I won't be obnoxiously annoying with another "first" comment... oh wait... smile1 Oooh! Jon and Marthe! YAY!!!
Kal sighed as he slumped against the wall. "Married life is hard."
clap
Kal showed her every nook and cranny of the place
Not the rose gardens yet, I presume?
"Well, it's just that...I've always been told that...half-blooded sons and daughters of the noble houses aren't usually afforded the same luxuries as the full-blooded children."
Well, Jimmy... er, Jai's pretty well lovable. And funny. He's mostly kept around for entertainment. And so the hired hands don't get bored. wink
They opened unexpectedly and Catira G'rat stumbled out of the chambers, holding her slender heeled shoes in one hand.
CAT?!?! clap Should've seen that coming.
Lois snorted her distaste. "Who was that woman?"
Uh-oh...
"So it's not enough that he's a concubine's son. He needs to lay with them too. Do you two share the same pool of women? Or does the royal house of El keep enough women on staff so that you each have your own harem?"
shock And in response to Lois' question- no. Jai just uses that many women. (The real reason why Ching and Kal never participated...)
All hope for getting on Lois' good side vanished from Kal's heart. He turned away from the direction that Lois had gone and strode from the palace, out into the howling wind. He jogged quickly to the rose gardens, collapsed on a bench, and let his pent up tears fall.
/sniffs/ Aww, poor Kal! He oughta figure out something!

Great chapter! So, I take it the next one's more focused on Lois' perspective? Can't wait. Was it Sunday, did you say?? /nudge-nudge/

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
T
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
T
Interesting story so far.

When is Lois going to stop being a complete bitch to Clark? I’m hoping in this characterization of Clark he gets a backbone and does not put up with Lois’ actions for much longer. Saw a little bit of this in this chapter, but then he apologized for his out burst, so disappointing.

I guess I just don't understand stories where Lois' bad behavior and rudeness towards Clark gets rewarded with kindness and love from him. It makes no sense to me.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I won't be obnoxiously annoying with another "first" comment... oh wait... clap

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> He's lucky they're still on Krypton and there's been no sign of its impending destruction. Otherwise, heat vision might become an issue.
BOOM! evil

Finally! Go Kal!
Yes indeed!

Not the rose gardens yet, I presume?
Nope. She hasn't proven herself yet. First she has to compete in the Kryptonian version of the Hunger Games.

Well, Jimmy... er, Jai's pretty well lovable. And funny. He's mostly kept around for entertainment. And so the hired hands don't get bored.
rotflol

CAT?!?! Should've seen that coming.
<Smug face as author pats self on back>

Uh-oh...
BOOM! (the sequel)

And in response to Lois' question- no. Jai just uses that many women. (The real reason why Ching and Kal never participated...)
Little known fact: After Jai turned 18, Krypton experienced a shortage in concubines for anyone who wasn't of the royal house.

/sniffs/ Aww, poor Kal! He oughta figure out something!
Yes. But first, we make him suffer a little. Because I am evil.

Great chapter! So, I take it the next one's more focused on Lois' perspective? Can't wait. Was it Sunday, did you say?? /nudge-nudge/
No to the first part, and yes to the second. Possibly after midnight Saturday into Sunday, depending on how late my Mythbusters Live tour runs and how bad it will be getting out of that parking lot.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by There Is No Spoon:
Interesting story so far.

When is Lois going to stop being a complete bitch to Clark? I’m hoping in this characterization of Clark he gets a backbone and does not put up with Lois’ actions for much longer. Saw a little bit of this in this chapter, but then he apologized for is out burst, so disappointing.

I guess I just don't understand stories where Lois' bad behavior and rudeness towards Clark gets rewarded with kindness and love from him. It makes no sense to me.
Thanks. smile Well, if you think about it, Lois wasn't kind to Clark at all in the beginning of the series. And Clark was almost always caring and kind to her (minus his pay-back by sending her to the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation Facility).

But fear not! We will be getting a peek into what's going on in Lois' mind in a couple of chapters. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Blogger
Blogger
Great chapter!!!!! clap ...At the moment Lois is oissing me off but I can't wait to see what's going on in her head.

I love how "earthly" Kal is even though they are on Krypton.

Any more insite into the differences of Krypton and earth, besides law?
dance I was sooooooooooo excited to check the boards and see a new chapter...keep it up!!!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I'm losing all my sympathy for Lois here. The grouchiness before her morning coffee I can understand, but now she's starting to see insult in everything. I don't think canon Lois was even that harsh on Clark.

And since I'll beat Michael to the punch (fist pump to the air):
Kal sighed as he slumped against the wall. "Married life is hard."
razz

Kal grimaced. "I know. And already my marriage is a disaster."
Wow, Kal has a real gift for understatement.

...I think she hates me."

"I'm sure that's not the case...
Kal - 1 pt, Jon - 0

About an hour later, Lois entered the living room. Kal was instantly on his feet, shutting the book as he moved.
Poor Fasa. Is he flattened against the wall from that movement?

"Good morning," he said, as cheerfully as he could against his thudding heart.

Lois groaned. "We're still married, aren't we?"

"Yes..." he ventured, hesitantly.

"Then there's nothing good about it."
Good morning to you too, Lois. Coffee??

"So...what? Am I not good enough to join everyone in the main dining room? Are you that ashamed of being married to me? Just what is it with you? You know, I thought my father was bad, but at least he allowed me to dine with other people. This is just plain insulting! Kept locked out of sight like I'm some sort of animal or something!"
whinging Poor Kal, you're wrong: Your marriage certainly will not be "hard" anytime soon. And you're right: Marriage is... difficult. <<slaps his back>> Now, regrow your spine and get back in there!

Lois, honey, wildguy If you really don't want him to use the concubines, stop making them look so good in comparison.

Lois needs to start treating Kal better soon or he should send her out to the outhouse (Kryptonian Sewage Rec. Plant) really soon. Trying to have paitence with this Lois... really trying...

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's hard... er... difficult to be sympathetic with Lois. She should direct her anger at her father. He was the one who planned the whole thing and cornered Jor-El, using his son's life to blackmail him. razz Jor-El had no choice; between accepting a birth marriage and letting his son die, what could he do? grumble Or is she feeling scorned because Kal didn't take what was rightfully his? She was a lamb until he told her to get dressed. wink Then she morphed into the Queen Bitch. cat

Kal should stop apologizing and show Lois he is a prince and not a door-mat. If his nice attitude is not getting him anywhere it's time to change tactics and give back some of her venom. devil

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Columnist
Columnist
"Thanks, Jon," Kal said. "My sincerest compliments on the feast that you and your staff prepared last night. People will be talking about it for years to come."

I was wondering when/if they'd show up! laugh

"So...what? Am I not good enough to join everyone in the main dining room? 

Lol it's like she wakes up with a list of possible ways to complain and a plan to throw it in his face depending in his reaction. 

Others send both mother and child out from their estates in exile.

Cause it's the concubine's fault you knocked her up? Awful nobles. How ironic that the nobles are never very noble lol. 

He turned away from the direction that Lois had gone and strode from the palace, out into the howling wind. He jogged quickly to the rose gardens, collapsed on a bench, and let his pent up tears fall. 

Aww frown

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Janedoe23:
Great chapter!!!!! clap ...At the moment Lois is oissing me off but I can't wait to see what's going on in her head.

I love how "earthly" Kal is even though they are on Krypton.

Any more insite into the differences of Krypton and earth, besides law?
dance I was sooooooooooo excited to check the boards and see a new chapter...keep it up!!!
Thank you very much. smile Glad that you like how Kal is shaping up so far. And Lois is definitely meant to annoy people right now. wink

I didn't go *too* much into Earth and Krypton's differences - I kept them pretty similar actually.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
You know, I'd really like to know what's going on inside Lois' head, or I might just put her down as a female dog not worth reading about. frown She really is mean, and more likely to blow up over nothing that use that pretty head of hers.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I'm losing all my sympathy for Lois here. The grouchiness before her morning coffee I can understand, but now she's starting to see insult in everything. I don't think canon Lois was even that harsh on Clark.
She's not much better in the next chapter either. Sorry. :p But it's still only day one since she was forced to marry a guy she'd never met.

I do believe Kal means "difficult" here. (ookay, I left it for you, Michael take it away!). (Trust me, DC, with Michael FDKing your stories, you'll stop using the word "hard" as well.)
clap

Lois, honey, If you really don't want him to use the concubines, stop making them look so good in comparison.

Lois needs to start treating Kal better soon or he should send her out to the outhouse (Kryptonian Sewage Rec. Plant) really soon. Trying to have paitence with this Lois... really trying...
Just a couple more no-t-so-nice Lois chapters...really. But she has her reasons for being anti-concubine...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
It's hard... er... difficult to be sympathetic with Lois. She should direct her anger at [b]her father. He was the one who planned the whole thing and cornered Jor-El, using his son's life to blackmail him. razz Jor-El had no choice; between accepting a birth marriage and letting his son die, what could he do? grumble Or is she feeling scorned because Kal didn't take what was rightfully his? She was a lamb until he told her to get dressed. wink Then she morphed into the Queen Bitch. cat

Kal should stop apologizing and show Lois he is a prince and not a door-mat. If his nice attitude is not getting him anywhere it's time to change tactics and give back some of her venom. devil

Andreia [/b]
Well, to be fair, Samm didn't exactly corner Jor-El. He saved Ching's life first, then named his price of marrying off Lois. And remember, Lois hasn't had much contact with anyone, let alone the El family. So she's been force-fed all sorts of garbage about what is expected of her and how men in general are. Plus, Kal's her only available target at the moment. Thanks for sticking with this though.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was wondering when/if they'd show up!
I couldn't mess with a winning formula. laugh

Lol it's like she wakes up with a list of possible ways to complain and a plan to throw it in his face depending in his reaction.
Well, this *is* Lois. wink

Cause it's the concubine's fault you knocked her up? Awful nobles. How ironic that the nobles are never very noble lol.
Yup. Tis the way of the world, unfortunately.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
You know, I'd really like to know what's going on inside Lois' head, or I might just put her down as a female dog not worth reading about. frown She really is mean, and more likely to blow up over nothing that use that pretty head of hers.
I promise, you do get a look inside of her head, and an unfolding of her thoughts concerning the stranger she's been forced to marry.

I didn't want to make Lois *such* a witch, but I didn't really see any other believable way that she'd deal with an arranged marriage. So she's a little mean still in the next chapter (still the same day as this one) but she will warm up, I promise!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Does it count to say ‘read it first (probably)’? But since work starts in the morning too, FDK kind of has to wait blush

Little known fact: After Jai turned 18, Krypton experienced a shortage in concubines for anyone who wasn't of the royal house.
Actually, I knew that, too…

And since I'll beat Michael to the punch (fist pump to the air):
Again. Mid-morning. Workday. clap

Now, regrow your spine and get back in there!
I’m not sure Lois would react favorably to him standing up when he’s in her vicinity. Ugh-uh.

Umm… I think I just FDK-FDK’d there. Oops?

The Honey-Boom Stage
clap So, we’re talking about a big boom covered in honey which Kal is presenting on a stage for Lois’s entertainment?

He followed his usual routine of caring for his cat and getting himself ready for the day.
I’m just saying. You can read so much into so little.

He'd seen many of the Elders imbibe a bit too deeply at the wedding feast.
Well, first the wine, and then the concubine. After all, it’s not every day that the royal stock is open for the public.

He imagined that the case was the same for Jai;
Three concubines and a half-prince?

He feared to further fuel her anger with him.
He could try to stop breathing. That might placate her.

She had made it quite clear to him the night before that she wasn't in the least bit interested in being married to him.
Yes. But she *was* willing to jump into the sack with him. Andreia has quite a point there. Lois really wanted him. And he just didn’t partake. Poor girl. Hmm… Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned?

He strode from the chamber, leaving Lois to sleep.
He could have tried to cuddle?

Kal smiled as he finally caught sight of the man that he sought; an older man with graying hair and a drum of a belly.
clap So, they went to Kansas for hired help?

"It is. But you've not even been married a full twenty-four hours yet."
And already ticked off the old ball and chains really good. It might not be a record, but it’s close.

"Thanks, but I'd rather bring it up myself. I don't want Lois to see me as some spoiled little rich boy.
Umm… He *is* a spoiled big rich boy. And Lois probably won’t like that he’s that roughhewn.

Coffee he could make in his own small kitchenette within his chambers.
/shakes head/ You just got married. You now have a *wife* to order to make you coffee. Well, coffee with spit in it or something. But still… But the way he’s acting, he won’t get a solid foot down in this patriarchal nightmare of a society. Oh well… Celibacy is also a valid live choice.

Would Lois be awake? Would she think that he'd abandoned her in his rooms?
/wonders if she’s thought that and has run off to look around the palace. Or is naked in the shower…

He poked his head into the bedroom, but Lois was still asleep; only the top of her head was visible beneath the sheets.
Awwwwww

Lois groaned. "We're still married, aren't we?"
Well, unless you’ve been downgraded to concubine, yeah.

"Yes..." he ventured, hesitantly.

"Then there's nothing good about it."
Ouch. Did not see that one coming.

I brought us some breakfast."
Translation from Lois’s thoughts: “Oh great. I really got the bum prince.”

"So...what? Am I not good enough to join everyone in the main dining room? Are you that ashamed of being married to me? Just what is it with you? You know, I thought my father was bad, but at least he allowed me to dine with other people. This is just plain insulting! Kept locked out of sight like I'm some sort of animal or something!"
clap

He felt certain that if he said anything, he'd inadvertently offend Lois again.
He’s there in the room. She’s offended. How much worse can it get?

Stupid question.

"Can I pour you a cup of coffee?" he asked, doing his best not to let his nervousness show.
/ducks/

He watched as she took the mug and prepared the drink, committing the amounts of sugar and cream to memory. In the future, perhaps he would surprise her by preparing her coffee for her in advance.
/waits for her to blow up over how he’s patronizing her/

"What's done is done. For better or worse, we're stuck together.
shock /must resist/ Oh, what the Kal’s marriage. It’s *not* done. It’s really ‘worse’. And they’re *not* stuck together. Which is the main problem most likely. Hmm… On second thought. /gets out pair of handcuffs and tries to cuff them together

All we have to do is keep up this facade until we can figure out some way of getting out of this thing."
Good luck with that. Keeping up the façade. Getting out of it. You pick. Doesn’t matter.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Make it happen," Lois said, her eyes narrowing. "I don't intend on living out my days in some loveless marriage."
Oops? Too bad. And it also does put additional weight onto her being mad that Kal scorned her last night. Probably thinks he’s into the concubines more than her. And maybe she even woke up and found him missing. Probably was kind of relieved he didn’t order room service into the living room while she’s sleeping next door.

I would have done so two weeks ago when I found out about it.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Geez, Michael, I make one (okay, two) teasing comments and I get my FDK, FDK'd. notworthy

/Pst. I hear she'll post again on Sunday. It's not one of those Hollywood TBC's, really.

Lois is going to continue to act like this?! jawdrop Poor Kal. I'm beginning to think there's not really 18 parts written and at the end of Part 4 Kal's going devilsplat off the roof. (He really shouldn't have tried to impress Lois by flying on Krypton.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Great story. I am really enjoying it.

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I hate Lois but other then that it's all good. I hope you fix her bit chiness soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard