Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Well, here's the next part. Thanks to everyone who has reviewed so far.

I imagine that there will be some wailing and nashing of teeth at the end of this section, but I'm sure you'll let me know if you think I broke it off at an inappropriate place.

Chris

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, this continues to fascinate and enthrall, Chris.

"Hey," Jimmy suddenly said brightly. "You think that maybe Metropolis has its very own Batman?"

"Don't be ridiculous!" snapped Lois with even more acid in her tone than was usual. Jimmy's joking suggestion, she thought, just might have come perilously close to the truth; her saviour had been a man at pains to keep his identity a secret. "You know as well as I do that Batman and his kind only exist in comic books... or in New York City." There was a pause before she added, "Besides, Batman can't fly."
/Me falls over laughing. goofy

"The florist told me that red and white roses are for partnership. And that's what we are, right? Partners?"
Almost. Getting there. Yay! jump

Loved the little bit of news/gossip sparring.

Can't wait to find out where we go from here. Wonderful!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

WOW! An excellent part! goofy
I love their banter about gossip. Extremely well-written! laugh

I'm enjoying this immensely and look forward to reading more.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
"Remember, Lois. This meeting is purely professional. Just business. Nothing more."
Oh, yeah, Lois. We'll see how long that lasts! goofy

Your CJ's attitude with Lois is the same delicious one we all fell in love with with S1 Clark: shy, hopeful, with just the right touches. Give us more, soon!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Wonderful! smile The characterisation, the dialogue, everything worked. smile

Can't wait for Part 4. And 5. And to infinity, or at least till this story's done. smile

twins
metwin1

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh yeah, I loved the Batman line too! And Lois' pang of conscience about lying to Perry, and her nervousness about her evening with CJ, and his bringing roses, and their interaction with each other, and even your bringing in Jack (who is not one of my favourite characters...)

Concerning the fact that you left us waiting to hear the meat of the conversation, that seems to be fairly common among here evil I wasn't at all surprised to see it, personally...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Well, it has to do with that. Maybe if I tell you the story..."
Well, that will open a whole mess of cans of worms...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I think everything I can say has already been said. I'm anxious to get to the conversation, and see how CJ plans to convince her that he's telling the truth.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Chris! smile

I don't have much to add to what all the other FoLCs have said already except that I'm so glad you're finally posting this sequel. I've always loved the first story and I went back to skim it to get back into that Universe again before tackling this one.

I've just read all three parts and I'm just sorry there isn't a fourth chapter yet. I love this story and can't wait to read what happens next.

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Chris, good instalment.

Well you seem to have managed to delay 'the conversation' for yet another part. Have you been taking lessons from Wendy? (or perhaps Wendy learned it from you?)

Anyway, it was a nice way to have all your gentle readers drooling in anticipation for the next part. Which will be posted....when?

Tank the Retired (who is anxious to get 'the conversation' out of the way so Chris can get into all the evil, nasty whams he's sure she has planned for this little tale)

Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks, guys! I really appreciate the comments! You guys (along with the very nice people in the local Doc Marten's shop) are going a very long way towards restoring my faith in human nature!

Hazel said:

Maybe I'm completely wrong here, but... Isn't the woman at the adoption agency, the one on the show who told Lois she jangled from the jaws of death, also called Roberts? And if I'm right, was that coincidence of deliberate?
If the adoption woman is called Roberts, I have to admit that it is entirely coincidental (which is bizarre, given that I took quite a lot of trouble to include the names of people who did appear in the series elsewhere.)

Your CJ's attitude with Lois is the same delicious one we all fell in love with with S1 Clark: shy, hopeful, with just the right touches. Give us more, soon!
Aw, shucks! blush You're making me blush! You're also making me laugh

Tank said:

Well you seem to have managed to delay 'the conversation' for yet another part. Have you been taking lessons from Wendy? (or perhaps Wendy learned it from you?)
Neither, actually. smile

Anyway, it was a nice way to have all your gentle readers drooling in anticipation for the next part. Which will be posted....when?
I was thinking of Thursday. Does that sound good?

LabRat, Tricia, Metwin1, KathyM, James, Maria, Nan and Xanabee: thanks for your feedback too. Do you know how reassuring it is to see that people are laughing in the right places?

Chris

Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris,
another good part
more soon
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
catching up on my reading...

great part, krissie. loved the batman bit, as well, not to mention the exchange about gossip. great stuff. laugh

looks like they're settling down to the beginning of a beautiful partnership. can't wait to see their actual talk. that will be soon, right? no major emergencies interrupting or anything?

but i think we're going to have to outlaw coffee in fic. no stopping there!!

i want part 4!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Merry and Paul, thanks for your comments! smile

Chris (off to post part four)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Felt sorry for Lois, having to prevaricate to Perry! frown But I'm sure she'll survive!

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard