Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84925 02/18/12 11:11 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
TOC

laugh My apologies for any mistakes. I wrote and posted this story all within the past two hours. It has not had a chance to go through the Beta Process. Please let me know of any errors I may have made.

Peter is the adopted son of Clark's childhood friend Pete Ross and his wife. Details of this adoption can be found in Missing Lois .

Any comments welcome.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/09/14 12:50 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
“Hi, Dad. How’s Jonathan?” Clark asked, his arm reluctantly letting go of Lois’s waist.

“I’m fine, thanks. How are you?” he answered, bringing his tea to his lips.
I actually giggled here. Loud enough that my mum came out of the bathroom and into my room to ask what I was doing since my room was silent before I just randomly started laughing.

“Exactly!” Martha roared. “Lara can be Supergirl and, Clark, you can be Superman Lady!”
Bahahahahaha! clap

As always, I'm pleased with the literary offering you lay before the world and me, your humble reader/admirer. laugh

Also, I think a Missing Lois sequel would be two shades of awesome! Just saaaayin'

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“’Morning,” Lois said, kissing the man’s cheek.

“’Evening,” Jonathan replied with the twinkle in his eye.
laugh

“Hi, Dad. How’s Jonathan?” Clark asked, his arm reluctantly letting go of Lois’s waist.

“I’m fine, thanks. How are you?” he answered, bringing his tea to his lips. Then he smiled wickedly. “Oh, you mean Jon-Jon. He’s taking a nap.”
Aww!

He turned to go through the swinging kitchen door into the living room when his mom pushed through the door, tears running down her face as she gasped for air.
eek

Then the roar of laughter escaped from Martha so strong, she bent over unable to keep upright.
Ah! Kids must be up to something...

“Hi, sweetie,” Clark said, brushing back a lock of gold curls and kissing his four year old daughter’s cheek.
Blonde? Inherited genes from Lara?

“Hi, Daddy. I tried to explain to Peter that I’m not Superwoman, because there is no Superwoman, only Ultra Woman. But my outfit is red, blue, and gold like Uncle Super’s not purple and green like Auntie Ultra’s.”
Too cute!

They decided that they hadn’t wanted the outfit to be too accurate by having Martha make it – nor did they want Clark’s mother’s heart broken when the day before the holiday their daughter changed her mind and decided to be a princess.
LOL! How true!

Lois gazed at her husband and sighed, once again thinking she was lucky that at least one of them had innate parenting skills.
<shakes head> I'm sure that you're a fine mommy, Lois.

Lara squealed in delighted terror and jumped down from Clark’s arms, running away and screaming at a level that made even her daddy wince.
Dogs and Superman are the only ones to hear that decibel?

as they watched their daughter and her best friend tear through the house, knocking into walls and climbing over furniture.
<pictures the Kent house in absolute shambles>

Having three months on the boy, plus being longer and leaner, Lara was quicker and easily dodged the attack.
Also...super genetics.
“Get back here, Superman Lady!” the little boy hollered, chasing after her.
Kids say the darnest things!

“Exactly!” Martha roared. “Lara can be Supergirl and, Clark, you can be Superman Lady!”
clap

Adorable little story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
clap Haha! Too cute! Loved this!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mrs. Luthor: Jonathan's humor is more on the subtle side. laugh While Lois and Martha's is more ... let's say 'visual'.
As always, I'm pleased with the literary offering you lay before the world and me, your humble reader/admirer.
Thank you. blush

The ML sequel is on the back burner at the moment; although I do think about it from time to time, I've only actually written one scene for it.

Deadly Chakram: smile1 In-depth FDK!

Blonde? Inherited genes from Lara?
Well, Lara's blonde and Ellen's blonde, so there must be some resessive genes in there somewhere. wink

<shakes head> I'm sure that you're a fine mommy, Lois.
Hard to think of yourself as a decent mommey next to Super daddy. (not an equal comparison).

<pictures the Kent house in absolute shambles>
"Feet on the floor" mean nothing to my kids either.

Also...super genetics.
...um...

Adorable little story!
Thanks. This little one popped into my head first thing yesterday morning and insisted on being posted when I finally could get two seconds together to post it.

Laura: Thank you.

Mouserocks: Thank you. Glad you enjoyed.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
*cough, cough* Oh my *cough*, that was *giggle* just too precious. rotflol lol

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice little story.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lara Joelle Kent: Hope your cough is better. wink I see a like-minded person who likes a bit of corn with her jokes. laugh Perhaps, someday, I'll tell you all about "Sausage Man" - the superhero my son created. He defends himself by hitting people with (and I'm quoting here) "his giant sausage." (I literally had tears in my eyes from that one.) Please take in mind, we were eating sausages for dinner when this topic of conversation came up... and that he's only 4.

Classicalla: Thank you. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Perhaps, someday, I'll tell you all about "Sausage Man" - the superhero my son created. He defends himself by hitting people with (and I'm quoting here) "his giant sausage." (I literally had tears in my eyes from that one.) Please take in mind, we were eating sausages for dinner when this topic of conversation came up... and that he's only 4.
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

<works self up almost to the point of an asthma attack>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:

<works self up almost to the point of an asthma attack>

Watch out, Superman. You've got competition for Lois's heart! wink

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! Another one!
Set: Four years after the end of Missing Lois. Canon dimension. Summer 2001.
Ooooh!

A/N: You do not have read the above-referenced Epic to understand this story.
wave Michael

Edit:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]Lara Joelle Kent: Hope your cough is better. wink I see a like-minded person who likes a bit of corn with her jokes. laugh Perhaps, someday, I'll tell you all about "Sausage Man" - the superhero my son created. He defends himself by hitting people with (and I'm quoting here) "his giant sausage." (I literally had tears in my eyes from that one.) Please take in mind, we were eating sausages for dinner when this topic of conversation came up... and that he's only 4.[/b]
shock shock shock /dies of coughing fit...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Hi, again! wave

Wonder if Clark picks his landing place on purpose.
Teaches Jack to walk into rooms without knocking. whinging

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Sausage Man? Oh my gosh! Right now, I don't know whether to die from coughing or embarrassment. I guess I'd better decide for neither, though. wink

You know, when my daughter was still in kindergarten and watched a boy change his undies, she actually said something like "He's got a flabby-sausage down there!" (That was the first time she was confronted with THE difference.) Although I think that she was rather generous with the "sausage" comparison, considering he was just a little boy. blush

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My son was actually referring to the meat product not the other thing wink , which is what made it so funny to his dirty minded Mama (and Gfic board printable / includible). That in his innocence that the one time his mind *hadn't* automatically come up with potty humor, he would say something so darned funny (and obviously potty humor to the rest of us evil ).

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VirginiaR:
<strong>Michael? Michael! Oh, dear. Lost another reader to my overzealous sillyness. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard