Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84102 12/20/11 07:33 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jolly St. Clark TOC

I would like to thank my Betas IolantheAlias and SciFiJoan for their excellent advice and knowledge of comma placement. clap

Merry Christmas to all! May you have your own Christmas miracle happen to you. Perchance a visit from your own personal Super Claus... or Jolly St. Clark.

Please leave any holiday cheer here. Thank you for reading.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/12/14 12:58 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was absolutely adorable. I love how Lois followed Clark and figured out the Superman was the real Santa! LOL That was pure genius! It was really cute how he got such a belly laugh out of her hypothesis. Thanks for the Christmas story. I really enjoyed it. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love the minor changes you made! You've done such a great job capturing first season Lois who is suspicious of even Santa Claus. Love Lois getting a cold - she deserved it after tricking poor Jimmy!

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“You have a child, Jimmy?”
clap

“Metropolis City Orphanage,” replied the woman. “I’m Judy, the Center’s director.”
Knew it!! clap

When the smoke cleared, she saw a pair of black boots hit the ground with a thud. A tall man in a red suit with white trim bent down and emerged from the fireplace. Santa!
clap

Lois nodded to herself. Yep. Super Claus!
Love it!

Perhaps Krypton actually stood for Kringle.
And the El family is actually all of the Santa's while the rest of the planet is comprised of the elves.

It would explain the “S” on his suit: for “Santa”, not “Superman”.
The truth is revealed!!! wink

She rolled her eyes in disbelief and pointed up at the mistletoe. “Really, Clark. You’d think this was your first Christmas or something.”
rotflol

“You know, Cark, when a woman thez ‘no’ she meanz…” Lois coughed.

“‘Please, come over and take care of me’?” he finished.
lol

What an adorable tale! Great work!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Lex had explained the error after she told him she would be working on Christmas and couldn’t jet off to Europe for dinner the night before. Either way, Christmas Eve with Clark, Super Claus, and the orphans had beat out hours on an airplane with Lex.

After they had left the orphanage, Clark had taken her out for a late dinner in Chinatown. Lois had mentioned her theory that Superman belonged to the Santa Claus family to Clark. He had promptly laughed so fully and heartily at her suggestion that tears had actually come to his eyes.
Oh I love it! How Christmas with Clark outweighs a European date with Luthor! (and Europe around Christmastime is really fun, I know because I was in London for a week in mid-November when Christmas decorations were going up.)

I think this was a really nice version and definitely something I could see within an episode.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
clap Cute little ficcy! I liked her hypothesis about Super Santa. Too fun!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really sweet, and with a lot of humor! Well done.

I like that Lois got her Christmas wish - her Superman kiss. I bet Clark was pretty happy about that too.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was so cute! Thank you for this bit of holiday cheer!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Santa only washed his hands after a reminder from a friendly elf.”
/cocks eyebrow/ Good thing, Santa’s daytime job is in the deli section of the super market.

I definitely saw him on more than one occasion take some fluids to ward off the cold.
/imagines a green bottle with three big X on the front/

“You have a child, Jimmy?”
Hey, that would have been a twist!

“I’ll be fine, Lois,” Clark reassured her before walking Jimmy to the elevator.
Oooooh, how about Clark gets infected with the Kryptonian virus and Lois tells him “I explicitly warned you!”

She would have to wait to spy on Cost Mart when the store was less busy. Like after the holidays.
clap

Suddenly she felt a wave of Christmas charity for her partner and said to him as if she hadn’t overheard Cat, “So, are we still on for tonight?”
Funny, how Christmas charity and jealousy have such similar symptoms…

“It’s what those of us without holiday plans do for the holidays.”
Uuuuuuuhhh…

“I don’t want to spend Christmas locked inside Cost Mart, looking for some unknown secret that they don’t want the great Lois Lane to discover.
Yes, but he would be alone for a whole night with Lois. With a big mattress department right there in the story. Just saying…

Lois’s eyes formed slits. Clark had friends and obligations outside of the Daily Planet?
clap

With him it could have been a lark.
Maybe she should have mentioned the benefits, then?

How late would it be before Clark left his Clinton Street apartment for his “date” with his other “friends”?
Sounds like Superman’s already gone out the window…

Was he dating a single mom with kids? Was that why he had bought all those toys?
No. But what *is* going on?

How could he have so much going on in his life and not tell anyone at work? Not tell her? Not one word! She was his partner, after all. Or, at least, she considered herself so.
Poor Lois. clap

“So, where is he off to? This boyfriend, husband, or lover of yours?”
Ouch.

“Ah.” The cabbie nodded. “But there isn’t anything romantic happening here?”

“Of course not!”

“Of course not,” repeated the cabbie with a nod.
clap

Superman? Judy suddenly had Lois’s full attention. “Superman?”
Oh boy.

Was that why Kent was here? Another Superman exclusive?
This could get ugly.

As they finished the final verse, a plume of soot and ash came out of the large fireplace on the side of the dining hall.
Oooooh!

What was she thinking? It couldn’t possibly be Clark. It was Superman. It had to be.
This could get really ugly.

And he had said that his mother had made his suit. Mrs. Claus? He had also said that last year his father had…
clap

Christmas was too big of a step for her fledgling romance with Lex. When Lex had called earlier in the week, he had meant next Friday, not this Friday. Lex had explained the error after she told him she would be working on Christmas and couldn’t jet off to Europe for dinner the night before.
Yeah, I’m buying that one. Uh-huh.

Well, she had said, if it was such a crazy idea where had Superman gotten such a fine Santa disguise? Clark had admitted that it was his… or his father’s. He had lent it to Superman.
clap

“Okay, but you bebber bring videoth,” she ordered, giving up. “Anb no ‘anky-panky.”
Lois!

Well, if Lois couldn’t have Super Claus for Christmas, she guessed she wouldn’t mind settling for her own personal Santa, her Jolly St. Clark.
Awwww, what a wonderful Christmas gift, Virginia! Merry Christmas!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: Glad I made you laugh. Mission accomplished! clap And because of all that darn global warming they had to move to Earth, but they still wanted to live someplace cold...

What an adorable tale! Great work!
Thank you.

Christina: Thank you for your comments.

Oh I love it! How Christmas with Clark outweighs a European date with Luthor! (and Europe around Christmastime is really fun, I know because I was in London for a week in mid-November when Christmas decorations were going up.)
I agree, there is nothing more Christmasy than Christmas in Europe. But Lois was talking only about the plane ride.

I think this was a really nice version and definitely something I could see within an episode.
Thank you.

MouseRocks: Thank you. We all need a little Super Santa.

IolantheAlias: Yep, sometimes it's better to give yourself what you want for Christmas instead of waiting for Super Santa to bring your gift!

Bellarase: Thank you for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Michael: Thank you for making me laugh again.

/cocks eyebrow/ Good thing, Santa’s daytime job is in the deli section of the super market.
Thank you for reminding me WHY I don't shop at Cost Mart again, despite all the killer bargains they have on guns, drugs, and chemicals.

Oooooh, how about Clark gets infected with the Kryptonian virus and Lois tells him “I explicitly warned you!”
Oh, dear. And you know how much Lois likes to tell him she told him so.

Funny, how Christmas charity and jealousy have such similar symptoms…
Isn't it? laugh

Yes, but he would be alone for a whole night with Lois. With a big mattress department right there in the story. Just saying…
Nah! Lois never sleeps on the job. wink I can't guarauntee the Holiday Chocoloate section would have been in tact come 6am Dec 26th though.

Sounds like Superman’s already gone out the window…
Why would he do that if he knows she's following him?

Ooooh, there’s such wonderful ambiguity there. Like it was the real Santa after all…
Sorry to burst your bubble, Michael, but he was looking at the pretty girl and forgot about the mistletoe.

Yeah, I’m buying that one. Uh-huh.
So, you think that Lex REALLY did invite her to spend Christmas with him, but when she said she had to work (because she had already promised Perry and why break with tradition) that he PRETENDED that he actually was asking her out for New Year's? Lex? Be that sneaky and underhanded and ego self-perserving? Lex? wink

You burst the bubble!
My apologies.

Awwww, what a wonderful Christmas gift, Virginia! Merry Christmas!
Thank you, Michael, and a Happy New Year!

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you for making me [Laugh] again.
You're welcome smile

Thank you for reminding me WHY I don't shop at Cost Mart again, despite all the killer bargains they have on guns, drugs, and chemicals.
They do have licensed, qualified, and *clean* personal handling the weaponry and drugs. So, you should be safe buying those wholesale.

Oh, dear. And you know how much Lois likes to tell him she told him so.
That would be *soooo* fun!

I can't guarauntee the Holiday Chocoloate section would have been in tact come 6am Dec 26th though.
"...and we found this really bloated woman sleeping in the back of the shop, chocolate wrappers sticking to her body..."

Because he didn't?

Be that sneaky and underhanded and ego self-perserving? Lex?
Yeah... you're right. Can't be.

Thank you, Michael, and a Happy New Year!
wave

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Because he didn't?
If he didn't know she was following him, then why did he take a taxi? wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh. There are already enough weird men flying around that night with a big bag o' gifts?

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard