Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A Little Too Far TOC

Originally when I set out to write this Epilogue the dream sequence ended with Lois realizing she had slept with Jimmy and woke up screaming. Then she would have said, "Thank God, I'm still in prison." (i.e. There were worse things than being in prison -- and why I thought Tank would like it more than Michael.)

But that would have been a VERY short Epilogue and as I tried to stretch it out, this spookier version formed.

Hope you enjoyed my FINAL stab at this Halloween fic.

Please post any feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/12/14 01:28 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Oh man that was grim! Thank God it wasn't real. I'm with Lois - it would be better to be in prison than that other reality. Thank goodness we have a glimpse of a happy ending with Lois getting out of jail.

I'm a Buffy fan but I don't recall the episode you mentioned as your inspiration. I'll have to check that out.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I'm a Buffy fan but I don't recall the episode you mentioned as your inspiration. I'll have to check that out.
It's the episode where some demon injects Buffy with a poison that makes her think she's been in a mental institution for 6 years and Sunnydale and all her friends and her life as the Slayer are just a figment of her imagination... or maybe the mental institution actually was her real life? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ew!glad it was a nightmare.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That was a good one.

Joan

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
It's the episode where some demon injects Buffy with a poison that makes her think she's been in a mental institution for 6 years and Sunnydale and all her friends and her life as the Slayer are just a figment of her imagination... or maybe the mental institution actually was her real life? laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm a big Buffy fan, it's funny because I'm watching it at the moment season 7 episode 11 "Showtime".
The episode where Buffy is in a asylum is one of the best of the series.

I prefer the happy ending of JsLTF, but this grim epilogue was really good. I love when Lois woke up and was so relieved to know she was in prison where in this world there really is a Clark and a Superman. Good story, thanks for it!

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Finally had the chance to catch up with this.

Great fic will all the happy and grim endings! So happy that the Jimmy sleeping things wasn't real!

clap

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois felt the bright sunlight on her face and it woke her up. She was lying in bed. Her bed. There were fluffy pillows under her head and a warm comforter covered her body. She wasn’t in prison garb, but in her own little nighty. Her head throbbed with pain.
Hmm... Is it a dream? Or was it a nightmare?

He made some kind of grunting of confusion noise next her and she knew he was listening.
That's suspicious. Is she in bed with Lex?

A hand with a gold band on its fourth finger rubbed up and down her arm.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: I thought that Buffy episode was one of the scariest.

Laurach & DW: Or was it? evil

Annalina19: Yes, the Fantasy Ending was definately the "happy ending". But I like the darkness of the "Grim Reality" ending. I LOVE Buffy. I once started writing a Buffy story (pre-S7) where Spike's reincarnated body and soul came back and knocked on the Summer's door as a bible-thumping missionary. laugh

Michael: Thank you for reading. I always love to hear what you think.
Hmm... Is it a dream? Or was it a nightmare?
Or reality?

Did she get dimensionally displaced?
Possibly. Let's just say, this story was the germ for my next story idea.

Poor Tank, indeed.
Oh, sorry. Lois isn't on "Scare Tactics" Tank is. wink

And why would she have to dance for him if they were both drugged?
Good point. Because it's a fun dance?

Sharing the bed should have been much easier. And a lot more...entertaining.
With Jimmy? Eeew! The point was, she didn't want to be there the first time.

But are you now going to let her rot in jail?
Not if she's living in a delusional world where a superhero constantly saves her. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Possibly. Let's just say, this story was the germ for my next story idea.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard