Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A Little Too Far TOC

So was the Grim Reality ending really that horrible? What are your thoughts?

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

I, also, wrote a Grim Reality Ending - Epilogue

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/12/14 01:24 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
First off, well done Virginia.
I tend to favor this second, more realistic (?) ending, because it incorporates two enjoyable facets; Lois with a haircut, and a dead Jimmy.

Hey, two for two in my book.

It's a good plot. Having the 'joke' blow up in Jimmy's face and there being serious and tragic consequences was a clever twist.

The other endings were okay, for what they were, but this one had a more logical feel to it.

Nicely done.

Tank (who had been working on his own story because he feared that no one would take up the challenge, but now the pressure is off... yeah)

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I didn't think this was too depressing. They both still loved each other, though they'll be separate for a while. It did seem like Lois was unjustly convicted since Jimmy was the one to jump out the window.

Love the idea of the ARG being a practical joke!

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just a Little Too Far
I kind of peeked into the Warning thread, and sort of remembered someone's gonna die, imagining it was Clark... Then, there was that hint about a Halloween fic. So, here I am, wondering how a trick cost Clark's life. Aaaand in we go with a knotted up stomach...

Clark handed the guard his ID and then stood back for a pat down by another guard.
Clark's in jail?

The first guard handed him back his ID, had him sign the log, and then allowed Clark to pass through to the next checkpoint.
Lois is in jail. Is it an adaption of Lois-in-Jail-for-murder-one? Remembers vignette about Lois actually getting executed...

Lois spoke first. “I heard you had returned.”
Clark stayed longer on New Krypton?

Clark sat down opposite her and took her hands in his. “I’ve joined your defense team. We’ll get you out of this…”
So, what's going to go wrong?

“I pled guilty, Clark. The trial’s over.”
Say what now?

“Why not? I am guilty. I did kill him.”
You just held the gun! What's going on?

“Why? Does this have something to do with…?”
She needed support? And I had already forgotten that there's supposed to be a Halloween prank hidden in there somewhere...

“I finally found the one thing that would stop the Chief from standing by me.”
confused

I am not going to let you raise that baby in here. Marry me and at least let me care for our child until we can get you out of here. Then we’ll discuss the future after that.”
Pregnant? confused

“You don’t understand!” Lois screamed at him, pushing herself out of his arms. “There is no baby, Clark. There never was!”
huh And yes, I completely forgot all about the Halloween prank, except the haircut. huh

“It was all a big joke,” she said, throwing up her arms.

Finally, he found his voice. “You’re not pregnant?”
And remembered.

He fell into his chair. It felt like the room was tipping. “You and Lex never…” he stammered.
So, Clark left before Lois was rescued from Lex. And she shot Lex for revenge. And when did Clark and Lois then consummate? And why would Lois feel guilty about whacking Lex? Yes, I did not even consider anything else blush

He fell into his chair. It felt like the room was tipping. “You and Lex never…” he stammered.
shock

“That whole time I was with Lex as Wanda Detroit is a blur. I’m not sure what happened. I have all my memories back except for those. He might have been drugging me for all I know.”
shock

“It was proof positive that you were pregnant. Why did you lie to me about that? Was it a ploy to stop me from going to New Krypton?”
shock

She stopped pacing. “I never lied to you, Clark. They lied to me!”
shock shock

“Isn’t it funny? Ha-ha. They aren’t laughing, now,” she scoffed.
She shot the producer?

“Jimmy set it up. I told him once that nothing scared me and he was trying to prove me wrong. He told them what had happened to me – the kidnapping, the clone, Wanda Detroit, and the amnesia and the producers came up with this brilliant idea.”
That's... really...? And he is still anatomically correct?

“I can wait,” he lied. “I’ve waited this long. What’s another five…” He groaned again; only this time he could not hide it. “… or ten years?” He placed a weak smile on his lips.
So, she's not on death row? It was just murder two?

“It was an accident, right?” he asked her, knowing it was the only answer.
Okay?

And that’s when Jimmy confessed about the TV show thing. I saw red and I slugged him. He fell and crashed into my glass coffee table.”
So it was just manslaughter?

Clark’s brow furrowed. “I thought he fell from your living room window.”
jawdrop Lois *through* him out the window?

“Then he called to Superman again and did a swan dive out the window.”
So, Lois did only slug him? And now got a guilt complex? Shouldn't there be evidence proofing that she didn't drag Jimmy to the window and hoisted him outside? Also, if he jumps out, most of the time there's a difference between getting knocked out the window and jumping out. You land more in the middle of the street if it's voluntary.

“It was accidental, Lois. You did not mean to kill him!” he argued.
Clark! She *didn't* kill him. She just feels guilty! wallbash

“I understand. Just remember, we both know you’re not getting time off for good behavior.”
eek And I still worried about Lois dying in prison.

“I can be good,” she tried to debate him. But they both knew the truth. Mad Dog Lane would do whatever it took to survive her time in prison and that would have nothing to do with being good.
Oh dear. So, she's gonna become the queenpin of MetFemLock?

I'm with Iolanthe. Happy Ending much appreciated. Even if I'm able to disassociate with all the horror and put it on the Halloween Fun Fic shelf eek

Michael

PS: See you in Part 2B FDK. Well, right here, in a few minutes wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He gulped. Glancing at the door, Clark wished, hoped that Jimmy would run in and with a laugh, tell them it was all a joke.
So, references it Part 2A?

“So unless you plan on breaking me out of here…” Her voice held a note of hope that he hated to dash.
Good idea!

“I’m sorry, Honey. Superman only breaks the innocent out of jail and…” Oh, why had he phrased it like that?
/slaps Clark left and right with an emerald-studded gauntlet.

“And I’m guilty,” she groaned. “That’s okay. I deserve this. It’s a better fate than Jimmy got.”

He agreed with her, but refused to say so out loud.
/Begins thinking about removing as yet unused body parts from Clark

Lois pressed her lips together and raised a brow. “You keep saying things like that and I may have to put you out of your misery.”

His face brightened. “Conjugal visits?” he asked optimistically.
laugh

“Tell you what…” She took another step back. “I’ll let you have a peek for free.”
eek

he confessed, wishing he had the guts to admit he had snuck a peek once before by accident.
Oh? How did that happen? After they were engaged? Or before? During the pheromone incident?

Instead of the kiss, he felt her take his glasses. He opened his eyes with a cautious glance at the door. “Lois!” he hissed.
Oh dear.

“Look at me!” she demanded.
rotflol

Lois had pled guilty of killing Jimmy, even if it had been an accident.
It wasn't even an accident. Jimmy's actions where self-inflicted.

He walked back to Metropolis, unable to find the joy to fly.

*** The End ***
Oh dear. And, of course, am now demanding happy ending for this version of the story, too wildguy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Tank: Well, it was your challenge and I had this little Tank voice edging me on in the back of my head... wink I liked this ending better at first too. Realistic in the fact that Lois didn't get out of it, Jimmy was actually dead, and Lois was actually in Jail and couldn't leave with Clark.

Joan: huh ARG wasn't a joke. But the fact that Jimmy told Lois that Lex got her pregnant while she thought she was Wanda was. As for Lois being unjustly convicted -- big time YEP. That's what happens when you say you're guilty and the D.A. (you know that guy from PvsLL) doesn't care if you really are or aren't.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: I know I'm sometimes evil but I think I worried you more than necessary. smile

Clark stayed longer on New Krypton?
Longer than your estimate of 3 days, yes. Let's just say he was gone about as long as he was during ML.

So, what's going to go wrong?
Already gone wrong.

You just held the gun! What's going on?
Nope, not a rework of P vs LL.

And yes, I completely forgot all about the Halloween prank, except the haircut.
The haircut was a side effect of being in jail and not part of the prank.

So, Clark left before Lois was rescued from Lex. And she shot Lex for revenge. And when did Clark and Lois then consummate? And why would Lois feel guilty about whacking Lex? Yes, I did not even consider anything else
Nope. Wrong again. Everything from S3 happened, except right before he left on his fishing trip with Perry, Jimmy signed Lois up with this TV show 'scare tactics' and they called her pretending to be the hospital where she went after being rescued by Superman, before she went to Dieter's hospital.

She shot the producer?
You're really set on Lois "shooting" someone, aren't you?

That's... really...? And he is still anatomically correct?
She turned herself into the authorities instead of going after the producer.

So, she's not on death row? It was just murder two?
Not premeditated murder, no. I would assume that part of her plea deal was to get death row off the table.

So it was just manslaughter?
That would be assuming that Jimmy was a man, wouldn't it? wink

So, Lois did only slug him? And now got a guilt complex? Shouldn't there be evidence proofing that she didn't drag Jimmy to the window and hoisted him outside? Also, if he jumps out, most of the time there's a difference between getting knocked out the window and jumping out. You land more in the middle of the street if it's voluntary.
I guess you forgot about that wonderful, law abiding D.A. from S4, too, huh?

Clark! She *didn't* kill him. She just feels guilty!
Ooops. He *didn't* mean for it to sound like that.

So, references it Part 2A?
Which why the happy ending came first (so not to ruin it when people read this one first).

Oh? How did that happen? After they were engaged? Or before? During the pheromone incident?
Perhaps after she had been Ultra Woman and peeked at him. laugh

It wasn't even an accident. Jimmy's actions where self-inflicted.
Jimmy wasn't thinking straight due to head injury.

Oh dear. And, of course, am now demanding happy ending for this version of the story, too
Feel free to write one. Or just imagine that Wells isn't going to let Utopia go so easily. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You're really set on Lois "shooting" someone, aren't you?
/points to gun in Lois's hand/ It' not my fault! That she's a psychopathic killer during that time of the...year. You know? November? Sweeps season?

That would be assuming that Jimmy was a man, wouldn't it?
So, in order to get off with manslaughter, she had to first make a man out of him? Boy, is Clark *not* going to like *that*!

I guess you forgot about that wonderful, law abiding D.A. from S4, too, huh?
'Forgot' is such a harsh word. 'Blocked out' would be a better term, I guess...

Perhaps after she had been Ultra Woman and peeked at him.
Tsk Tsk Tsk. Bad Clark. Yes, I do realize that it's a double standard. 'Good Bad Clark' for peeping at his partner before they're dating and 'Bad Bad Clark' for peeping at her after they started dating goofy

Feel free to write one.
/slouches away, crying/

Or just imagine that Wells isn't going to let Utopia go so easily.
/imagines Wells fabricating a story 70 years down the road about this whole thing just being bad press by Leo Nunk.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael - I've thought of an Epilogue for the Grim Reality ending, but I think Tank will like it more than you. laugh Just a warning before I write it up. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
evil peep

Kerth
Kerth
I love both versions of this story. Suits my very different moods. Good jobs! thumbsup thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard