Features Writer
A
Comments, please?

#67628 11/21/09 01:56 PM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
That was beautiful and lovely. I could hear the music, feel the softness of their voices. It was wonderful.

I like how they are figuring out their emotions and how Clark realizes what he feels for Lois is different then Maddie. Could it be adult love and not teenage love? He is also taking the first steps in getting use to the idea of telling Lois

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
#67629 11/21/09 02:11 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
so sweet.
oy - this is so much more than teenage angst, i'm hurting and scared for both lois and clark. they need each other but are too scared to move forward. can't wait for the next part!

#67630 11/21/09 04:06 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Very well done. I love the way Lois and Clark are opening up to each other.

I am also delighted with the way your Lois continues to gnaw on that bone.
“Whatever came between you and Maddie… I worry it will come between us too if you don’t trust me with it.”
You can see the future MadDogLane.

The discussion on getting hurt was very nice. And of course if they were older they'd know that at some point they will hurt each other.

Framework4
#67631 11/22/09 01:30 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was still at a loss. I had no idea what to write about.
So is this just Clark or is there a deeper issue buried here?

“As long as it’s no better than the football team cheating, and getting help from their professors, right?” I asked her with a grin.

“Doesn’t that go without saying?” she asked me.
laugh

“Lois?” I asked without thought. “Do you think there’s something wrong with our relationship?” Did I really just ask that?
Clark should talk to someone about his self-destructive tendencies.

“Okay. See you tomorrow,” I said as she got up and nearly ran out of the cafeteria. Yup, I had totally screwed things up.
Hmm...

“It scares me a little,” Lois admitted. “I’m afraid I’m going to get hurt. I don’t deal well with secrets, Clark,” she said, looking up at me. “Whatever came between you and Maddie… I worry it will come between us too if you don’t trust me with it.”
Hmm...

Now I'm feeling all gloomy. Come on, letting us hang on an emotional cliffhanger, that's *really* evil.

Deep part, and I'm really looking forward to finding out what Clark is going with for the story.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#67632 11/22/09 03:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“I’d never knowingly hurt you,” I said. It was a half hearted reply, I knew. But I couldn’t promise not to keep it from her. I knew I would. Still, some part of me wondered - could I tell her the truth? I almost wanted to. I had the feeling that if anyone could accept me as I was, it was Lois.

I wasn’t ready yet, though.

“I know,” she whispered. “But that doesn’t mean you won’t.”

I didn’t reply and we let the sound of the music fill the room once more.
Ah, Clark's dilemma! I don't know what he's going to do, and that's the good part about this fic - we just don't know. We know the characters and what they would usually do, but right now they're young, Clark hasn't really come to grips with everything yet, Lois is still fragile....

I'm looking forward to more!

#67633 12/05/09 02:04 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
so, um, more?
thanks!

#67634 12/06/09 06:18 AM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
To start off with, my apologies. I did not mean to be gone so long. I just got SO busy. In addition to Thanksgiving last weekend, we had friends in town, and it was my husband's birthday. So, I had no time on the computer at all. And since then we've all been sick. I came down with a cold just before Thanksgiving which I passed to my DD and then just as I was getting over it, I seemed to get sick again and now we're all sick. I do hope to get the next chapter up today (maybe even two, but that may be optimistic), but I have a business trip this week so I also need to pack. And to be kind, DH is going to join me with DD (it's just a little bit from our house, but long enough hours that I can't come home at night) so there's packing for her to do as well. All in all, there's already more to do today than I'd like for a day I'm sick and would love to just spend curled up on the couch.

Kathy – I like the idea that his love for Maddie was teenage love and for Lois is adult love. One of the things I like best about it is that it doesn't sideline his feelings for Maddie. I feel like there's often a sense that Clark can't have been in love with anyone but Lois, but I do really feel like he loved Maddie. Of course, I do also feel that his love for Lois is different (and, of course, will turn out to be more enduring).

Sarah – I think you are right that they are too scared to move forward, and I also don't see this changing without something big happening to force it. I basically see them as acting a bit like mice on those wheels – spinning around and around and around. They keep coming back to the same issues and nothing is being resolved yet. Soon, though…

Patrick – Yes, I think you can see a bit of MadDogLane here – that's largely as I think Lois' experience with Paul has brought her closer to the Lois we know then Clark is currently to the Clark we know.

Michael – No comment on the Clark's not knowing what to write thing. I think Clark finds a topic soon (although I always remember embarrassingly little about what I wrote). Sorry about the emotional cliffhanger. It just felt like a good place to stop…

IolantheAlias – Well, while we can't know what Clark will do, I can promise you this – ala Patrick's comment – he will hurt her.

#67635 12/06/09 06:23 AM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
I didn't mean to be pushy - so sorry about you being sick and all, that's terrible.
but - why does clark have to hurt lois? this is a happily ever after story though, right? it will work out, right? please?

hope you feel better and get everything done!

#67636 12/06/09 06:27 AM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Sarah - Clark needs to hurt Lois because in real life, people hurt each other. Not terribly (well some people do), but not usually, but they do get hurt. This story does have a happily ever after, though, I promise.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard