Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Comments?

#67295 11/07/09 03:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really like how you're showing the slow growth of the Clark-Lois relationship. With regards to the disappearing acts to go save someone, Clark has already figured out that Lois can't be fobbed off by weak excuses. Lois is standing up for herself in the Paul thing, and great job working in Cat Grant! (It's old home week for the characters in their younger incarnations!)

And having a "bedroom scene" - just suggesting unresolved sexual tension, but it's definitely there!

#67296 11/07/09 04:47 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
oooooh - great part!!! love clark feeling out of control with lois, wish he'll come to trust her more and tell her his secret. it must be killing him to keep everything hidden. looking forward to more!

#67297 11/08/09 04:46 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She nodded, and I knew I’d been given a reprieve, but I’d need to be careful. Lois was not going to put up with much.
dizzy

I nodded, not sure what to say. If I admitted that I felt the same way, I feared she would think I wasn’t attracted enough to her to want to have sex.
Okay. /Takes a deep breath./ You did mention no sex, didn't you?

Lois was my girlfriend and as long as we were both okay with our physical relationship, I shouldn’t worry about it so much.
Yeah. Sure.

Great part, Nancy. Looking forward to next weekend jump

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#67298 11/08/09 09:48 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm enjoying this story, although quicker posts couldn't hurt wink

I agree that the pacing of the relationship between Lois and Clark is good, but I still can't wait to see Clark decide to trust Lois with his secret. The freedom to feel like he can be himself with the support of a good friend will be so much different than just having his parents behind him.

On the other hand, their relationship needs to be strong enough before she finds out. I have a sneaking suspicion that Lois will notice the Boy in Black soon and may just use him as the investigative topic. But then again, I also suspect that she'll be in need rescue before long, too.

Eagerly awaiting another post.
BJ

#67299 11/08/09 04:27 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I like how you redeemed Steve a little bit in this part - it helped round out his character and give some more definition to the group of friends.

I love the appearance of Cat!

I don't think Clark realizes what kind of tightrope he's walking trying to be the Boy in Black and keep it secret from Lois...

Amber

#67300 11/13/09 02:24 PM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thank you all for the comments!

IolantheAlias - Thanks! One of the intriguing things for me about this Clark and Lois is that while canon Lois and Clark took a long time getting together, Clark's interest in Lois was instantaneous. While I think this Clark has been attracted to Lois for a while, he hasn't really been in a place where he could recognize that. He just doesn't see Lois the same way canon Lois was. So, their relationship has to build slowly.

Sarah - I still don't think Clark is any where near ready to share his secret with Lois yet. Sorry!

Michael - Lois knew, or suspected, from Maddie, that Clark had kept something from her. Clark didn't give her much more information than that - he told Lois that he had a family secret that he hadn't been willing to share with Maddie. This was before he and Lois started dating and he'd implied he would never share it with anyone.

Yes, Lois finding the Boy in Black and considering using him as the topic for her article would be fodder for all sorts of things, woudn't it? [Linked Image]

Yes, you know I struggled with Cat a bit - not here so much, but she makes another appearance or two. And in my head, she just isn't Cat yet. She is timid. Well, for Cat anyway. And since she's a secondary character, I don't think we'll ever see her become the Cat we know. That's a story for someone else to tell, I guess.

I don't recall how ambigious I was before, but I'll be unambigious now. This Clark, like canon Clark, will not go all the way with someone who does not know his secret. And while Lois may or may not learn his secret in this story, and he may or may not sleep with her at some point, it will not be within the timeline of this story. That's an aspect of their relationship I prefer to leave to everyone's imagination.

BJ - Sorry. I know when I'm reading a story, I always wish people would post faster. Once I finish, I'll likely pick up posting, although probably by doing two a weekend. I just don't have the ability to get online during the week recently. I'm in charge of day care from the time I get home until I go to sleep and since my daughter doesn't like to sleep in the evenings and I don't like to be up after she goes to sleep at 1am... not a lot of free time is to be had.

Amber - Thanks. I actually kind of like Steve, so I felt the need to redeem him.

#67301 11/13/09 10:36 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the reminders, Nancy. And the secret thing makes me wonder how long it will Lois take to compare her situation to Maddie's. Just with the investigative difference in resolving things wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard