Print Thread
#64663 07/02/09 10:58 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Is this where I mention that I *think* I'm going to be able to post in the morning [I hope] and maybe not at all Sat?

/me hides

Thanks
Carol

#64664 07/02/09 02:43 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Please, Carol, you don't need to hide just because you've been spoiling us rotten for the last three weeks. And, for those Brits, Aussies, Kiwis, Germans, etc. who might not immediately think of it, I will point out that Saturday is a major U.S. holliday--Independence Day.

Now, on to actual feedback: I did a double-take when Clark spotted his mom at the corn festival, as, of course, you meant me to. It does seem surreal that Ellen Lane, in any universe, could have raised Clark. You gave us a terrific explanation for it earlier, but it still makes one look twice.

And I loved Lois's reaction to Jor-El's message. There are some things that touch your own heart so deeply that they are intrinsically private. To expose them to anyone else, even your most trusted friend, would destroy their beauty. They just get lost in translation.

The "Will you come with me?" line is so wonderfully open-ended, it made me think of the country song by Josh Turner.

Romp on!

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64665 07/02/09 05:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She got the Sitkowitzes more towels and the Harrises were promised a seven-thirty wake up call. She'd taken Ellen Lane another blanket and more pillows to the Ronnicks.
Hey - were these the people in "Just Say Noah"?

Do not deprive yourself of having a full, happy life outside of what you can do, but do what you can. Laugh often. Live fully. Love deeply."
Good advice, applicable to any galaxy.

Hope you have a good Fourth, with BBQ and fireworks galore!

#64666 07/03/09 08:32 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Carol!

Caught this one last thing last night but was way too late to leave FDK so here I am, trying to piece things together a day later huh

So, fun Corn Festival stuff and then...

Clark placed his hand in the other spot – where her hand had been earlier.

*In the absence of the House of Ra, you have my blessing.*
shock

The words were imprinted on her mind, for eternity, she was sure, but for reasons that weren't clear, she didn't repeat them verbatim.

For some reason, she couldn't.
Scared ya big, didn't it?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#64667 07/03/09 11:57 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I went out last night and missed this post ... but now I have two to catch up on today. Yay!

It was fun seeing Ellen -- a kinder, gentler Ellen, as I imagine her -- at the Corn Festival, and her opening lines to Lois were fun. And Jor-El's additional messages were definitely something different.

I'm not sure how I feel about Jor-El mentioning Clark's birth wife -- if I were Lois, I'd be freaked out not just by his blessing, but by the fact that Clark's *has* a birth wife in the first place. (And come to think of it, how does Clark feel about that news? Makes me wonder if there could be a rewrite of the NK arc in this universe in the future ... I, for one, think that could have major possibilities, especially if L&C are married when Zara et al show up. How fast might Clark Lane kick Zara to the curb, LOL.)

Off to read part 21 ... woo hoo. laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard