#64639 07/01/09 08:02 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Tomorrow's post - probably a bit later than this time.

Thanks smile .

Carol

#64640 07/01/09 08:36 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice backstory on Clark's relationship history.

Funny how 'Call me Daniel' takes on a whole different meaning in a new context. And interesting how Lois is neither confirming nor denying her and Clark's relationship status or lack thereof. Let Daniel think what he wants.

Looking forward to more.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64641 07/01/09 09:36 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark watched her as she examined his wardrobe. Or at least what he'd brought with him. She'd muttered something under her breath but without his superhearing he couldn't make out what it was and she refused to elaborate.
Something about undressing him maybe?

We have to stop at the Sheriff's office on the way.
eek Oh no, that’s like one of the teens in a horror movie walking alone done the dark alley goofy

"Please, call me Daniel or Sheriff Scardino."

He glanced at Lois who was trying not to smirk.

"Sure thing, Danny."
Daniel shook his head. "No. They've been out looking since I left your house but nothing yet. Is there any chance he survived?"
Well, they could throw Danny over the cliff and see if he survives.

clap Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#64642 07/01/09 01:57 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Really, really like Clark's history with Mayson. It makes perfect sense that their relationship would go that way, given what we know about Mayson's feelings towards Superman. In fact, it reminds me of Alt-Clark and Lana, which is another way of saying, "Run, Clark, get out while you can!" wink

(And forgive me if I hope B2 includes at least one scene where Lois meets Mayson and rubs her face in what she stupidly turned down. evil )

Fortunately, Dan -- excuse me, Daniel -- seems to have taken the hint about Lois and Clark. Heh, love how neither of them disabuses him of his notions.

#64643 07/02/09 02:24 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I loved the peek into Clark's mind.

From the minute she'd looked at him, he'd been intrigued – though he didn't realize exactly what the feeling tugging at his heart was at first. But over the last couple of days, he'd come to realize that he wanted to try a relationship with her. He wanted to see if things could work out between them. The kiss that second morning was forever seared in his mind.
This bit was great - it includes so much - the initial attraction, the slow realisation, the desire to go further and the power of a kiss.

#64644 07/02/09 04:11 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I like how Clark Lane has a little more assertiveness. Clark Kent would never have joked with Lois this way and been so direct with her (in the beginning). Of course, it probably helps that Lois Kent is less assertive than Lois Lane.

I'm glad there's more to come in this universe!

Amber

#64645 07/02/09 10:36 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/me waves

Thanks guys!

HG - we learn more about Clark's relationships [and Lois' actually] in Backwards II.

Michael - that's a great idea!!! Actually, I think Trask is dead but for the moment at least thought it could be... fun [for me wink ] if they weren't SURE.

Kathy - Well, the pissing match hasn't started yet. And I love the idea of Mayson/Lois confrontation - not sure if it'll work into II though - unless it's a random street encounter...

FH - thanks!

Amber - good points on their differences!

More soon!

Thanks!
Carol

#64646 07/02/09 02:05 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't believe I'm about to use this phrase, but...

In defense of Mayson peep , her breakup with Clark wasn't really her fault. I guess you could blame her for being suspicious of Superman, but, since she didn't know that Superman was Clark, look at it from her POV: this terrific guy that she's been dating for a year suddenly starts disappearing at crucial moments for no discernable reason and, also for no discernable reason, starts going cold on her. We know it's because of Superman, but she has no clue why. It's actually pretty sad.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64647 07/02/09 02:21 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
You do have a point...

I'll give you that smile .

But since I loathe Mayson almost as much as Lana... I'll do my best to be fair to her wink .

#64648 07/02/09 05:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Could he ever have a normal life? Becoming Superman had absolutely been the right thing to do. But was it fair to ask a woman to put up with his life?
Ah, the big question! And very appropriate to ask it of himself.

Clark held out a hand as he neared us. "I don't think we've officially met. I'm Clark."

"Nice to meet you, Clark," Dan said, ignoring the offered hand in favor of digging through a file folder.
Yeah, the petty stuff like that is why I don't like Dan Scardino! (Plus his shirts.)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard